PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone

565edge
03-28-2004, 07:11 PM
So what did it run this weekend?We want to see the video?

77charger
03-28-2004, 08:06 PM
I missed the early mornin runs but got there to see him go to a gas station come back and do a lap around the lake.I am sure he wants to tell the rest:)

disco_charger
03-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Word on the street is it was really fast.

Big Proppa
03-29-2004, 08:43 AM
I missed the event this weekend - sounds like everyone had a great time. We were testing the new blown CP this weekend down at Big River - I don't know what Cyclone ran but we ran 110 full of gas with a passenger , WOW these CP's sure run hard.
:D :D

Boater Bill
03-29-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by disco_charger
Word on the street is it was really fast.
It was!:D

Danhercules
03-29-2004, 09:14 AM
My guess is mach 1.2

HotHallet
03-29-2004, 09:31 AM
I'll let Mike post the #'s but I went for one hell of a quick ride and my cheeks were rippling and eyes watering. It was just plain awesome the way that thing accelerated with the blower.

cyclone
03-29-2004, 09:35 AM
sounds like race between myself and the Used Boat Salesmen, oops i mean Big Proppa, would be real close.
Got to RWYB at about 7am on saturday for some speed runs. Yes i wore a helmet and lifeline. The water was almost like glass. Almost a bit too smooth as the boat felt glued to the water.
Off the trailer with 24 gallons of gas, I stood on it for about six seconds and she ran 107 before i had to slow down for some rollers.
The engine ran harder and it picked up another 150rpm i think becuase i had the scoop on this time around. Topped out at 6550 rpm.
The wind damn near yanked the helmet off my head. Boy that was a fun ride!
So far so good, the boat is running straight and not doing anything scary so ill try to get more good water before the next race and play with the hardware a bit.
here's a pic of MikeF's Liberty and my boat as we launched into the fog Saturday morning. Didn't get any driving pics as i didn't see anyone on the beach that early. I think everyone was still hung over, sleeping or had just stopped partying and got to bed hours before we arrived. :D :D
By 8am the lake was a mess as usual with all the wakeboard boats and wind so i parked it and kicked it with everyone on the beach. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1101-med.JPG

Taylorman
03-29-2004, 09:45 AM
So what will be HB's numbers this summer? Damn 107, thats fast. Must have been one hell of a ride.

Big Proppa
03-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm happy for you bro - it must feel pretty good having her run so well and being all done this long before summer.

MudPumper
03-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Congrats Mike, all your hard work is paying off!!!!

Danhercules
03-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Thats impressive, but I am still gonna run ya for that beer!!!

cyclone
03-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Thats impressive, but I am still gonna run ya for that beer!!!
backwards right?
Thanks guys. I"m getting there. Still need to build a belt guard but other than that i'm ready for summer. Can't believe how early i got out on the water this year. :)

XClutchboy725
03-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Who says you can't go 100 in jet boat! :D
I think I'll be looking at the transom of your boat a lot again this year! :(

V-Drizzle
03-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by cyclone
sounds like race between myself and the Used Boat Salesmen, oops i mean Big Proppa, would be real close.
Got to RWYB at about 7am on saturday for some speed runs. Yes i wore a helmet and lifeline. The water was almost like glass. Almost a bit too smooth as the boat felt glued to the water.
Off the trailer with 24 gallons of gas, I stood on it for about six seconds and she ran 107 before i had to slow down for some rollers.
The engine ran harder and it picked up another 150rpm i think becuase i had the scoop on this time around. Topped out at 6550 rpm.
The wind damn near yanked the helmet off my head. Boy that was a fun ride!
So far so good, the boat is running straight and not doing anything scary so ill try to get more good water before the next race and play with the hardware a bit.
here's a pic of MikeF's Liberty and my boat as we launched into the fog Saturday morning. Didn't get any driving pics as i didn't see anyone on the beach that early. I think everyone was still hung over, sleeping or had just stopped partying and got to bed hours before we arrived. :D :D
By 8am the lake was a mess as usual with all the wakeboard boats and wind so i parked it and kicked it with everyone on the beach. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45IMG_1101-med.JPG
RIIIGHT! 107 in 6 sec's Come on. Oh Ya 40 mph rollin stizzle fo shizzle Cyclizzle....
What up wit dat Supa high motizzle?

Jetdriver
03-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by V-Drizzle
RIIIGHT! 107 in 6 sec's Come on. Oh Ya 40 mph rollin stizzle fo shizzle Cyclizzle....
WHAT THE ****???????

HARDIN18
03-29-2004, 02:34 PM
"WHAT THE ****"
LMAO!!!!

hack job
03-29-2004, 02:38 PM
damn mike that is pretty sweet! 107 is nothing to shake a stick at my bet is when you get it all worked out and some flat water you will be pretty damn close to 110;)

cyclone
03-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by V-Drizzle
damn man. i think i know what you're asking me..no not from a dead stop. i was cruising along at about 4,000 rpm when i stomped on the gas. :)

LVjetboy
03-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Geez that's FAST for a lake(?) boat! Does it have tunes? :D You should put a big ass stereo in there and slow it back down to 100.
Some of the baseline data is questionable, but here's what the JPC said...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/Cyclone.jpg
Not far off considering backing off for rollers and possible setup tweaks.
Hack Job, latest version...
JPC Download (http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/JPC.zip)
jer

cyclone
03-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by LVjetboy
Geez that's FAST for a lake(?) boat! Does it have tunes? :D You should put a big ass stereo in there and slow it back down to 100.
Some of the baseline data is questionable, but here's what the JPC said...
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/Cyclone.jpg
Not far off considering backing off for rollers and possible setup tweaks.
Hack Job, latest version...
JPC Download (http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/JPC.zip)
jer
the last thing this boat needs is a stereo after all the weight i piled into it over the winter. Boat needs to go on a diet instead of gaining a new sound system.
You've got the wrong impeller manufacturer listed (should be Heritage) and the wrong rpm (it was 5,600) for the 94 mph run so maybe that accounts for the "questionable" baseline data.:)

flat broke
03-29-2004, 04:14 PM
considering the drag is probably a little higher since I heard you have a conservative plate setup for dial in, I'd say the JPC was pretty F'n close. How does Jer's prediction of HP stack up against your Measured numbers from the dyno run at the RPM?
You know I'm not knocking anything or stiring the pot, just got a hunch that paper/software info will play out pretty close to reality on this one.
Either way congrats, here's to 110 at the track.
Chris

cyclone
03-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
considering the drag is probably a little higher since I heard you have a conservative plate setup for dial in, I'd say the JPC was pretty F'n close. How does Jer's prediction of HP stack up against your Measured numbers from the dyno run at the RPM?
You know I'm not knocking anything or stiring the pot, just got a hunch that paper/software info will play out pretty close to reality on this one.
Either way congrats, here's to 110 at the track.
Chris
no worries. the jpc measured numbers are quite a bit lower than the dyno numbers.

Heatseeker
03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Mike, congrats on the number!!! I'm glad to here it's handling well at speed. That's gotta feel good!
I'll be happy if I hit 90mph in mine :) .
Congrats to Big Proppa too!

HotHallet
03-29-2004, 05:13 PM
I was just shooting for 80 in my boat and I went over 100 in Mike's. Looks like the experience of driving my boat again for the first time with my new set-up is ruined.

cyclone
03-29-2004, 05:17 PM
i seriously doubt i ruined it for you. you will be grinning from ear to ear when your boat hits the water and you know it. Mr. Tunnel Ram!
:)
I still got dibs on the first ride right?:D

Beautiful Noise
03-29-2004, 06:12 PM
Mike Congrat's on the Number's, Are you going to be racing it soon or just trying to get some seat time in 1st?:D

Hal
03-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Nice work Mike:) Hal...

Cs19
03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Mike, Your boat looked and sounded great.Looks like your gonna have a good summer...Chris.

TRG
03-29-2004, 10:59 PM
i have video on mike everytime he made a pass!....oh! yes,... the pass at 107 too!
unfortunatly, i have no idea how to post it!:(
but i'll tell ya...he definitly movin'!!

BUSTI
03-30-2004, 04:24 PM
FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!
What a great job! Can hardly wait to see it in person. A lot of boats v-drive and jet a like will see the ass in of your boat if they elect to race you. For the money jets provide more speed, more utility, more fun than any other type of boat. Especially in the 19 foot range.
ESPECIALLY WITH A ROGERS!
Your boat and all your work has been a pleasure to read about!
Have a good time and be safe. Congratulations!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

565edge
03-31-2004, 07:55 PM
Congrats Cyclone.Very impressed with the way it turned out.Good luck and be safe.How much boost where you making.

MudPumper
03-31-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
i have video on mike everytime he made a pass!....oh! yes,... the pass at 107 too!
unfortunatly, i have no idea how to post it!:(
but i'll tell ya...he definitly movin'!!
Who knows how to get this video up, I'm dying to see it!!!!

77charger
03-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 565edge
Congrats Cyclone.Very impressed with the way it turned out.Good luck and be safe.How much boost where you making.
Could it be the 565edge-cyclone showdown next month?:D I think mike sounded pretty excited about racing.See you guys out in april.

TRG
03-31-2004, 09:43 PM
someone needs to PM me with details about posting video's,...oh yeah, im about the most ignorant person when it comes to this screen in front of me!...so good luck! i watch the vid's every night!:p :p :yuk: lol

shaun
04-01-2004, 01:37 AM
Todd,
Was mike able to get the vid from your camera and onto the PC? If so, let me know, i can put it up.

cyclone
04-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Hal, CS19 and Bust- thanks very much!
565- Its making a hair over 6 psi boost
Mudpumper and Shaun- I tried to post my own video but the website said the file was too large. I dont have a copy of Todd's video and have no idea how he'd get it up here.
Anyone got any ideas?

MudPumper
04-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Try getting a hold of RD he is pretty good with the videos. Maybe he could put them up on RRL if we can't get them up here. Just an Idea, I don't know shit about video files.

LVjetboy
04-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Kindsvater's pretty good with video, he may even post it to his site?
jer

Taylorman
04-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Lv, didn't you get a new engine a while back. How fast is your boat running?

shaun
04-01-2004, 04:05 PM
cyclone, How big is the video? (right click on it and go to properties to view size). If you want you can send me the video and i'l throw it up on my site for people to download/view.
If your mail allows you to send big ass files email it to me shaun.reitan@ndchost.com otherwise pm me and we can go about it another way.

LVjetboy
04-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Taylorman, 100 mph...a bit slower than Cyclone...he's got me beat. But my run's n/a with dock gas (89 octane), a big ass stereo, neon lights and mufflers. A lake jet.
http://members.cox.net/lvjetboy/HowFast.jpg
To tell you the truth, 100's freakin' crazy fast on the lake. And 107? Cyclone's a wild man.
jer

MAXIMUS
04-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Very impressive LV... Congrats!!! Also congrats to you Cyclone! That is depressing fast for a lot of people that have to deal with you on the water!:D Be careful & have lots of fun!!!!:)

Blown 472
04-02-2004, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LVjetboy
[B]Taylorman, 100 mph...a bit slower than Cyclone...he's got me beat. But my run's n/a with dock gas (89 octane), a big ass stereo, neon lights and mufflers. A lake jet.
You forgot tha bandana.:D

HBjet
04-02-2004, 03:41 PM
I'm surprised Blown or Omega haven't posted one question about Cyclones setup/HP/and GPS's numbers. I mean, it was dyno'd, so how much HP does it take to push a boat like his 107mph?
Experts?
Anyone?
HB(going to the river)jet

Blown 472
04-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
I'm surprised Blown or Omega haven't posted one question about Cyclones setup/HP/and GPS's numbers. I mean, it was dyno'd, so how much HP does it take to push a boat like his 107mph?
Experts?
Anyone?
HB(going to the river)jet
Ask jer, I am done.

HBjet
04-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Ask jer, I am done.
Done, or stumped?

Blown 472
04-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by HBjet
Done, or stumped?
Far from it, jer already said it would take 788 hp to push it that fast to which he was told that it made more, I am sure it is some big ol number, just gets old listening to the same ol shit all the time.

Blown 472
04-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Jeeez, Hbjet dont leave me hanging, enlighten me as to the numbers, I dont think I could sleep this weekend without knowing.:rolleyes: :D :D

MudPumper
04-02-2004, 05:23 PM
**** all that, what happened to the video?????

565edge
04-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Cyclones motor made 900hp plus.

LVjetboy
04-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I'd like to see the complete dyno run in lake configuration and compare measured power at 6500 rpm (not peak) to 788 hp. Also dyno test temp and pressure compared to lake test. I've heard there's a difference between Legend and Heritage so where's their curves?
Otherwise, saying it made 900 hp on the dyno means ? at the lake hooked to a pump. Except that it hauls a** of course.
jer

TRG
04-02-2004, 08:41 PM
i really dont think that mike is willing to give up any #'s because of the "BULLSHIT" factor that i think we all are sure is to come of it, if he did post #'s!
he has'nt been shy to give up any other # from the past,...but look at what he got out of it!...a shit pot of questions to be answered!, as well as nay sayer's. personally i dont blame him for keeping it to himself!
P.S. i am going to try to get the video up tonight, just after dinner!
thanks for all of the info (via pm) i dont think there will be any problems with posting.
todd

MikeF
04-02-2004, 08:51 PM
If it already went 95 naturally aspirated, What do you think it will do w/ 200+ more Supercharged HP! :eek:
Anyone can imagine that it will be faster and accelerate quicker. :D

Blown 472
04-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by 565edge
Cyclones motor made 900hp plus.

screamdreambrad
04-03-2004, 01:27 AM
blown it made all that plus. my best friend is the dyno operator, and i know that it is no bull shit. if he had a hull like mine he'd be doin about 118. fyi brad

screamdreambrad
04-03-2004, 01:29 AM
and by the way, good job cyclone. better go ahead and order the rest of your safety gear buddy. brad

Willis
04-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Brad
I having trouble trying to understand how this is possible in six seconds - 107
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-10/61269/Chowchilla2003149.jpg
When it takes me 8.5 to get 116
Willis

Oldsquirt
04-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Willis
I having trouble trying to understand how this is possible in six seconds - 107..........When it takes me 8.5 to get 116
Willis
Willis, somewhere back on the first page, Cyclone said he was cruising at about 4000rpm, then stood on it for six seconds. It wasn't from a standing start. :)

ChetCapoli
04-03-2004, 07:31 PM
pretty amazing for a 502 with an old skool non teflon blower with 750's on it. un****ing believeable.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
you cheerleaders believe what you want, rally around the red boat and proclaim him god, pretty ****ing boring.
Hey blown, have you been a dick your whole life or did you just grow into it?? :D I'm sure if it was the other shop, you'd see it ok right?
CHET

Blown 472
04-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
Hey blown, have you been a dick your whole life or did you just grow into it?? :D I'm sure if it was the other shop, you'd see it ok right?
CHET

MAXIMUS
04-04-2004, 08:06 AM
Dude 100% dick from the word go..... I dont think so. more so cal ****ing bullshit, sell those ****ing mags make hot boat happy along with westech.
So young...so angry... damn that rap music!!!!!:) You just jealous cause we live in the land of make believe... You know high hp & silicone baby!!!!!:D The way I see it the hp factor is what ever anybody wants it to be. My motor is not making that kind of power but it runs real good!;) The real undeniable result is that boat of cyclones is a fuggin monster & I hope he dosen't come picking on me! Blown hate the game not the player...:)

Blown 472
04-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by MAXIMUS
So young...so angry... damn that rap music!!!!!:) You just jealous cause we live in the land of make believe... You know high hp & silicone baby!!!!!:D The way I see it the hp factor is what ever anybody wants it to be. My motor is not making that kind of power but it runs real good!;) The real undeniable result is that boat of cyclones is a fuggin monster & I hope he dosen't come picking on me! Blown hate the game not the player...:)

HARDIN18
04-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Blown. Your a JACKASS!!
I have sat around and watched you and chet **** up so many threads that would have been good to read if you two would just stay out of them.
You make the boards suck!

blown428fe
04-04-2004, 01:57 PM
Hardin18- I agree.

Blown 472
04-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by HARDIN18
Blown. Your a JACKASS!!
I have sat around and watched you and chet **** up so many threads that would have been good to read if you two would just stay out of them.
What ever, missed the part where hbjet was running his mouth? I was giving jer some shit and that clown ran his mouth, read back some dipshit.

HARDIN18
04-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Blown.
I always read the whole thread. Especialy (sp) before I am going to talk shit because I would rather stay out of it. I am just saying that I have read countless threads where I am interested in them until you and chet come in and start talking shit.
Like my mom always said, if you don't have something nice or smart to say don't say anything, a.k.a. SHUT THE **** UP!!!!

Blown 472
04-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Blown.
I always read the whole thread. Especialy (sp) before I am going to talk shit because I would rather stay out of it. I am just saying that I have read countless threads where I am interested in them until you and chet come in and start talking shit.
Like my mom always said, if you don't have something nice or smart to say don't say anything, a.k.a. SHUT THE **** UP!!!!
whatever, now you are quoting mommy?

572Daytona
04-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Blown. Your a JACKASS!!
lol...hypocrite
:rolleyes:
Personally I'd rather see my engine rated for a lower HP rating than higher, it makes it easier to get insurance. I think all of the threads in the Cats forum are either bragging about how much HP they have or whining about how much they have to pay for insurance. Um...do you think there is a correlation?

Infomaniac
04-04-2004, 04:08 PM
I can host video for any of you guys.
e-mail it to me and I will host it via RiverDave's site.
Infomaniac@cox.net

Cs19
04-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Blown, hes got a point. Yourself,Chet and that other dork friend of yours (i forget his name) are the only reason Mike and a few others dont rush home to post their dyno numbers anymore. That really sucks. Take a hike.
Its nice to have people with different views on things to keep everyone in check, but this is just bullshit.

Blown 472
04-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by cs19
Blown, hes got a point. Yourself,Chet and that other dork friend of yours (i forget his name) are the only reason Mike and a few others dont rush home to post their dyno numbers anymore. That really sucks. Take a hike.
Its nice to have people with different views on things to keep everyone in check, but this is just bullshit.
Sorry I dont live in make believe land and I call bullshit when I see it. I didn't get involved it this thread about any numbers till your lap dog hbjet ran his ****ing mouth, so why dont you go polish your trailer queen.

bruleracer
04-04-2004, 06:22 PM
I dont normally even respond to these sorts of comments, concerning HP. I could try and explaine observed hp. vs. STP or SAE. A dyno is a tool, like a torgue wrench, if the ney sayer's
would like to give me a call on monday morning I would be happy to explaine, but there probably happier being anonymous on the net. I would also like to invite anyone who is in our area to stop by. please just don't call and say NASA has a bad satellite and mike's GPS is wrong .
steve brule'
WESTECH PERFORMANCE
' 1-909-685-3270

Blown 472
04-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by bruleracer
I dont normally even respond to these sorts of comments, concerning HP. I could try and explaine observed hp. vs. STP or SAE. A dyno is a tool, like a torgue wrench, if the ney sayer's
would like to give me a call on monday morning I would be happy to explaine, but there probably happier being anonymous on the net. I would also like to invite anyone who is in our area to stop by. please just don't call and say NASA has a bad satellite and mike's GPS is wrong .
steve brule'
WESTECH PERFORMANCE
' 1-909-685-3270
"If" I had "started" anything about it, I would be happy to get ahold of you, since "I" didn't then it just doesn't matter. But thanks for your time.

MAXIMUS
04-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bruleracer
A dyno is a tool, like a torgue wrench, if the ney sayer's
would like to give me a call on monday morning I would be happy to explaine, but there probably happier being anonymous on the net. I would also like to invite anyone who is in our area to stop by.
steve brule'
WESTECH PERFORMANCE
' 1-909-685-3270
What would you explain?:confused: The way I see it there is 2 different worlds when it comes to hp #'s. Those used to sell products & compete on todays market, & then the real less impressive #'s. I think anybody who is in the game already knows this. I would assume (ass out of u & me) that because you run a dyno & are making money at it that it would be bad for buisness to not produce a higher result for the customer... I know of a few dynos in my area that can & will produce way different results. Guess what the one that is lower dosen't get the use that the others do!

MAXIMUS
04-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 572Daytona
lol...hypocrite
:rolleyes:
Personally I'd rather see my engine rated for a lower HP rating than higher, it makes it easier to get insurance. I am also a handsome man! Um...do you think there is a correlation?
Yea... :idea:

Blown 472
04-04-2004, 07:36 PM
OH AND ONE MORE THING MY DAD CAN KICK ALL YOUR DAD'S ASSES.

MudPumper
04-04-2004, 08:18 PM
I just wanted to see the video!!!!?????????

MAXIMUS
04-04-2004, 08:38 PM
OH AND ONE MORE THING MY DAD CAN KICK ALL YOUR DAD'S ASSES.
You haven't seen my dad!:devil:

572Daytona
04-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Yea... :idea:
Hey Max, your GPS is wrong. I did a frame by frame timesynch analysis of your videos and concluded you were only doing about 20mph. I can probably beat you with my 90hp wacker. And I'm sure it is 90hp because there is a big 90 on the back and numbers never lie. See for your self.
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn5235e.jpg

shaun
04-04-2004, 09:42 PM
This forum needs a good moderator.

Cs19
04-04-2004, 09:43 PM
"If" I had "started" anything about it, I would be happy to get ahold of you, since "I" didn't then it just doesn't matter. But thanks for your time.
Now wait a sec Blown, you have "started" plenty.For years now you and your buddies have been calling bullshit on westech,etc.
Brule from Westech comes on ***boat and you go soft..Why are you backpedaling? :confused:

FryJet
04-04-2004, 11:37 PM
**** guys, how many times does this god damn pissing match have to take place? If Cyclones boat runs such and such a # than why not congradulate him and move on or not say anything at all. Horspower this and dyno that, who the ****ing god damn hell cares? Print out every ****ing pie chart and graph you want, so the **** what. DAMN, there are just some people that cant properly read what someone else says and have to come in and pitch a bitch about how there is absolutely no way that that speed could happen at those RPM with that amount of H/P in that amount of time. WTF? I bet he (and a someone else) could supply dyno #'s from ten different shops, use three different brands of impellers, have four different people do the bottom of their boat, have three people do the hardware setup and average out all the #'s to find out that sure as shit there is someone who claims a conspiracy theory. I sure wish people would get over this shit and go back to the good ole days when this shit was fun. This shit is like the same damn football getting ****ed by the same barrel of monkeys every time. :yuk: Thats my take on the subject and have a great day. :wink: :p :)
F.J.

MAXIMUS
04-05-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by FryJet
**** guys, how many times does this god damn pissing match have to take place? If Cyclones boat runs such and such a # than why not congradulate him and move on or not say anything at all. Horspower this and dyno that, who the ****ing god damn hell cares? Print out every ****ing pie chart and graph you want, so the **** what. DAMN, there are just some people that cant properly read what someone else says and have to come in and pitch a bitch about how there is absolutely no way that that speed could happen at those RPM with that amount of H/P in that amount of time. WTF? I bet he (and a someone else) could supply dyno #'s from ten different shops, use three different brands of impellers, have four different people do the bottom of their boat, have three people do the hardware setup and average out all the #'s to find out that sure as shit there is someone who claims a conspiracy theory. I sure wish people would get over this shit and go back to the good ole days when this shit was fun. This shit is like the same damn football getting ****ed by the same barrel of monkeys every time. :yuk: Thats my take on the subject and have a great day. :wink: :p :)
F.J.
:confused:

Blown 472
04-05-2004, 05:57 AM
Now wait a sec Blown, you have "started" plenty.For years now you and your buddies have been calling bullshit on westech,etc.
Brule from Westech comes on ***boat and you go soft..Why are you backpedaling? :confused:
I did in the past, are you that dense you dont see what was said? sheessh pull your head out.

MAXIMUS
04-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Hey Max, your GPS is wrong. I did a frame by frame timesynch analysis of your videos and concluded you were only doing about 20mph. I can probably beat you with my 90hp wacker. And I'm sure it is 90hp because there is a big 90 on the back and numbers never lie. See for your self.
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn5235e.jpg
:idea: hmmm.... I will need some time to reply...:D

HARDIN18
04-05-2004, 06:44 AM
Okay, back to the video.
I really didn't mean to jack the thread just got sick and tired of a few things.
So can anyone get this video up?

Blown 472
04-05-2004, 06:48 AM
Ok, I give. I have come to the conclusion that wasting anymore bandwidth on your group of short bus riders is just that a waste. You win.

HARDIN18
04-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Blown.
Go play with your farm animals, or what ever the hell you do while you wait for summer to come along.

ChetCapoli
04-05-2004, 06:56 AM
I did in the past, are you that dense you dont see what was said? sheessh pull your head out.
geez blown we agree on something for the first time in along time. Funny how this works with these guys huh? Like hobojake says your never going to win so just let it go.... Only thing is i try to complain about stuff with a little more substance to it whereas you....:confused:
CHET

Blown 472
04-05-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli
geez blown we agree on something for the first time in along time. Funny how this works with these guys huh? Like hobojake says your never going to win so just let it go.... Only thing is i try to complain about stuff with a little more substance to it whereas you....:confused:
CHET
I should learn to pick my fights a little better, kinda funny how the posse circles the wagons thou. Hows the weather back there? 50 today and sunny.:D

superdave013
04-05-2004, 07:44 AM
ya know what ya otta do is have some jet get together in the middle of the country. That way the east and west coast guys have about the same tow. Make it a week long party, river run type of thing.
Then you all would not only get the chance to have shit loads of fun, but you could all punch off with each other and see who's king of the hill.

Wet Dream
04-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by FryJet
F.J.
Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel. :D And I couldn't agree with you more. ;) This BS goes on and on and on.

disco_charger
04-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by superdave013
ya know what ya otta do is have some jet get together in the middle of the country. That way the east and west coast guys have about the same tow. Make it a week long party, river run type of thing.
Then you all would not only get the chance to have shit loads of fun, but you could all punch off with each other and see who's king of the hill.
I'm going to say this is a bad idea. I can't imagine the fights and the "I'll f**k your girlfriend!" and other assorted bullshit with this group. As a jet boater, I also am ashamed to say that we as a group will always have an excuse, valid or not, as to why we didn't win.
The part about this that's really amusing to me is, if everyone is so concerned about #'s, timeslips, and the like, why isn't everyone lined up to run river racer? I have a Lifeline that needs to be recertified, but I'll lend it out. I think it's a 44.
I got into it with someone on another board about this, and I realized I'll never understand. When did it become so vital to go really fast in your lake boat? If you "only" go 92 are you having that much less fun than the guy with the 330 HP stock cruiser going 55? Yes everyone has their choice, and people like to go fast, but when did it become so all consuming? I understand that there is a little association in So Cal that lets you run the drags for pretty cheap. Those of you who are going to say that racing is expensive might be right, but a lot of you who have 20 year old lake boats with 15K+ worth of motor are spending the jack now anyway when you look at bottom and pump work bills. So Blown doesn't agree with the numbers being posted. So what, who's this guy anyway? Does his disagreement really affect you? Blown what significant impact does Cyclone or HBjet have on your life? Are you really that involved in this board? Get a hobby. Maybe drive your boat more and your keyboard less.
If all else fails, I'm sure with all this bickering and infighting, we'll miss some bill in the state senate that will outlaw custom performance boats because we're noisy, polluting imature nuisances who can't seem to get together without a lot of bullshit finger pointing and fist fighting. :wink:
Disco (the slow boating, garage motor building, ignorant, too focused on torque and not HP or top speed, not interested in fighting, just wants to drink a beer and hang out with his beautiful wife and amazing son) Charger

Jetboatguru
04-05-2004, 09:32 AM
I love it in here. There is always such drama. Without going into too much detail, this is my take on the sich.
The Naysayers are all east of Phoenix. They are a hybrid species of human. Their boats are a puke color that is indigenous to the back woods they live in. . They live in cold weather climates. They will never be able to achieve the numbers they mock. They are ignorant haters that love to spur you on to the breaking point.
Carry on Jetters :D :D

cyclone
04-05-2004, 09:40 AM
wow. its hard to believe this thread is still at the top of the page. In blown's defense, he wasn't the one who began the sh$t talking on this thread, I belive HB was (i'm too lazy to go back an read the thread).
Then again, HB is just dishing out what Blown, Chet and rest of his fanclub have been giving to others for awhile now.
Blown- dyno's do not get paid by magazines. they dont make more money from customers if the dyno produces a big number or not. Westech's business ethics are no different than your favorite engine builder.
And here I thought I was doing you a favor by not posting dyno numbers?
I do see one positive development that has come from all of the arguing that commenced while i was out of town.....I just found a new slogan for my posts. Thanks Disco!
"Maybe drive your boat more and keyboard less!"

miller19j
04-05-2004, 10:23 AM
I can’t really add anything to this thread; I don’t have any quantitative numbers from a Dyno, Gps or anything else.
But I did have the opportunity to see Cyclone’s boat run at Lake Elsinore and believe the speed numbers that he is quoting to be true. That boat really moves.

Blown 472
04-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Jetboatguru
I love it in here. There is always such drama. Without going into too much detail, this is my take on the sich.
The Naysayers are all east of Phoenix. They are a hybrid species of human. Their boats are a puke color that is indigenous to the back woods they live in. . They live in cold weather climates. They will never be able to achieve the numbers they mock. They are ignorant haters that love to spur you on to the breaking point.
You are right guru, we should all strive to be just like you.:rolleyes:

Jetboatguru
04-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Ahh, come on Blown. Did you take that as a stab at you? Don't hate the players Blown, hate the game.

Blown 472
04-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Ahh, come on Blown. Did you take that as a stab at you? Don't hate the players Blown, hate the game.
Just what is the game?
Anywho, cyclone I am glad your boat kicks ass, be safe in it have a great time with it, make sure non of your hotties get their hair caught in the belt. You can post whatever you want I anit going to say shit. Off to the garage.

Jetboatguru
04-05-2004, 11:36 AM
The "game" is ***boats and hot women!!:D

HavasuDreamin'
04-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Hate hot boats and hot women? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign65.gif

MAXIMUS
04-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Hate hot boats and hot women? http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/1/sign65.gif
Oh no no no no no!!!!!! That will not fly around here... :eek:

bp
04-05-2004, 03:54 PM
ropebro, roflmao:D

Cs19
04-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Heres my take on the whole thing. The boards and the internet bring out the worst in people. If we were all to go out to the river or lake and hang out togethor, we would all have a blast. Atleast the majority would.
Here's what is really strange to me.. Jet boat owners are 99.9 % of the time the mellowest and easy going people on the river, however after reading this forum for a while, you wouldnt think so.
There was a great article in Hotrod mag a month or so ago about how message boards are ruining racing and how they create so many problems, unfortunatly its very true.Ill try to find the article and post it.

77charger
04-05-2004, 08:01 PM
You make a good a good point about that.The talk behind the keyboard discourages others about posting their projects but get theses people together they prob all show off their done goodies.'Thes boards also can benefit ones who might need help at times with their boats.My personal experiences is that everyone i have met personally here are very cool people.At the one of the last races i have met 565 edge (oct).In the march race i broke a pushrod found one but guy didnt want to part with it 565 i asked(thought i give it a shot)He had some extras and loaned me one to keep going thru the weekend(btw do you need it back?).
I can see why alot of racers do not bother posting by all the trash talk that goes on or post on certain boards.But it seems like when you put the keyboard away the attitudes change

MudPumper
04-05-2004, 08:09 PM
All I know is, beer tastes just as good on a 50mph boat as it does on a 100mph boat.
Now, where is the ****ing video already????:D

TRG
04-05-2004, 08:53 PM
LOOK! when i get the time to mess with the video...i'll try to figure the whole thing out but until then im trying to unwind,...so,do you happen to have a spare beer!:D lol

MudPumper
04-05-2004, 09:15 PM
LOOK! when i get the time to mess with the video...i'll try to figure the whole thing out but until then im trying to unwind,...so,do you happen to have a spare beer!:D lol
LMAO!!:D

FryJet
04-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Come on, Spielberg has made movies in less time than this.:wink:
F.J.

TRG
04-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Dude! you guys are worse than a 14year old boy tugging on his "PECKER",...relentless! ive tried to post it and all it says is that the file is too big!i guess i'll have to e-mail it to a friend!:D

MudPumper
04-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Hey Todd, when I was 14 tuggin on my pecker, i got results right away!!!:D

TRG
04-05-2004, 10:44 PM
AHH!!! too f#@% funny!:D

shaun
04-06-2004, 12:44 AM
Toddnjuzz,
http://unix-scripts.com/hb/index.pl
go to that link and upload the video, it shouldnt give you a file size error. Just to be warned, if the video is really large it will just sit there for a while depending on your connection speed, just leave it and go to bed :)

565edge
04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey shaun,I just sent you a video to that site.Can you post it.Thanks.

shaun
04-06-2004, 03:35 PM
565edge: go back to http://www.unix-scripts.com/hb/ there is a link now to view uploads.
Some of you guys have uploaded me some weird shit... please dont abuse the upload section or i will remove it.

565edge
04-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey shaun how do i get it from there to here?Its the boat race one?

TRG
04-06-2004, 04:50 PM
mikes first video is on that site shaun. forgive the bouncing of the camera,..i was sick as a dog! i cant seem to fig out how to get it from there to here as well?

shaun
04-06-2004, 04:51 PM
http://www.unix-scripts.com/hb/uploads/mikesboatvideo1.wmv

TRG
04-06-2004, 05:02 PM
yhats some hi-def stuff huh? lol
i am not a videogropher but i'll try to get better!:D i'll work on getting more up now!

hack job
04-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Shaun
i have uploaded acouple of videos one with mine bikes and the other with a convoy of boats is that ok? one seemed boat orianted;)

shaun
04-06-2004, 05:04 PM
ya go ahead and upload what you guys want, just make sure it's legal :)

TRG
04-06-2004, 05:17 PM
my bat is dead, so i'll get more up in about an hr. or so.

Squirtcha?
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
Some of you guys have uploaded me some weird shit... please dont abuse the upload section or i will remove it.
Very cool of you to do that Shaun. Hope nobody messes it up.
I'm putting a little 2 megger up tonight, from last Sunday here
in Arizona. Entitled "bartlettgroup.wmv" Just a bunch of us out having some fun.
I looked at every video on the list and had a blast. Now I have something to get me through the weekdays until I can get out again. Thanks to those who put em up.
Mike (cyclone) that one of your boat was great. Sure wish I could go that fast!

shaun
04-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Squirtcha?: Np, i love pictures and videos, as long as it doesnt get abused i'll leave it up, You guys can download/upload all the video's you want.
On another note, if you guys plan on watching the videos all the time, just download and save them on your computer (right click go to save as) :)
If i get a bunch/enough on there maybe i'll start a little site or somthing.

Infomaniac
04-07-2004, 01:55 AM
One video here for 565edge (http://www.riverratlife.com/uploads/info/565.AVI)

TRG
04-07-2004, 05:02 PM
i posted all of the video up on shaun's link.
i definitly need to take some video classes!! lol:rolleyes:

shaun
04-07-2004, 09:24 PM
I like cyclones idle vid, the 396 we had in our boat used to idle like that! nice slow loop.

Bense468
04-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Mike boat sounds healthy and looks great in the pass. Nice work.

Danhercules
04-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I cannot get em. I cannot watch the .wmv :( :(

Bense468
04-08-2004, 11:03 AM
sucks for you....download the new media player or do your windows updates.

Danhercules
04-08-2004, 01:43 PM
I am on a Mac, I downloaded the stuff, somtimes it works, other times it dont.

Bense468
04-08-2004, 01:51 PM
well thats a big problem right there.

Hustler
04-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
I am on a Mac.
Shit Dan I thought you were smarter than that:D

TRG
04-08-2004, 02:44 PM
rd, that is about all of the video that i have!....well, as for the video that im not talking shit in!:D
kinda funny!...the guy in long pants, on a beach, WITHOUT a boat, talking shit !! ironic huh? LMFAO:D

LVjetboy
04-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Brule: "I dont normally even respond to these sorts of comments, concerning HP. I could try and explaine observed hp. vs. STP or SAE."
I believe that's been covered...but not everyone pays attention.
LVjetboy: "I'd like to see the complete dyno run in lake configuration and compare measured power at 6500 rpm (not peak) to 788 hp. Also dyno test temp and pressure compared to lake test."
An honest question with no reply.
Cyclone: "And here I thought I was doing you (Blown) a favor by not posting dyno numbers?"
Not posting data does no favors.
"i really dont think that mike is willing to give up any #'s because of the "BULLSHIT" factor that i think we all are sure is to come of it, if he did post #'s!"
Poor mike. Hope he doesn't get his feelings hurt if he posts #'s and someone says BS? <--- sarcasim.
Cyclone...you worry about that? I doubt it so why no numbers? I think you understand I don't doubt your speed or results. But that's not important.
For others: There's nothing wrong with Blown's challenges or anyone elses. Those who post numbers and experience or something useful add to group knowledge. Those who don't fade to background. Why should holding hands and singing coom-by-ya be a requirement to post info. Do we all need group hugs and hand jobs before posting #'s?
I'm thinking no.
jer

2allbeefpatties
04-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Jer you truly are a strange bird. Somebody who has a boat that runs barely 100 but thinks by posting pie freaking graphs, bar charts, abacus pictures comparisons, studies, cut and paste articles etc etc, thinks that we should all believe he knows something is really bothersome.
How about this:
460 inch Chevy
Chevy Bowtie aluminum heads
Dart manifold
750 dominators
Made 1060hp @ 8300
745 ft lbs @7200
Is this feasible?
What can you conjer up?

LVjetboy
04-09-2004, 12:31 AM
Post with a real id or get ignored...your choice.
jer

Infomaniac
04-09-2004, 04:23 AM
conjer LOL
Pun intended?

Cs19
04-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Rex, i dont have a phony screen name, ive never posted behind a false name ever, im sure you have some way of checking that too since your a moderator.
The prob. with a false name is they come in here and take shots that they normally would not do under their everyday name.Thats pretty weak, if you dont wanna say it under your everyday name, dont say it at all. Seems to be the norm in v-drive land, Ill put money on it that this all beef cat is a prop guy.

2allbeefpatties
04-09-2004, 11:38 AM
To read this stuff is just comedy.
Jer, I thought everybody knew I was 2allbeefpatties.
Tony Scarlata.

77charger
04-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 2allbeefpatties
How about this:
460 inch Chevy
Dart manifold
750 dominators
Made 1060hp @ 8300
745 ft lbs @7200
Is this feasible?
What can you conjer up? I can try this:D If it goes into a light flat and and cnc prop with really good air i think it might be in the 7.63 range prob near 130 mph.Oh the bling bling factor i forgot to add.:)

cyclone
04-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Brule: "I dont normally even respond to these sorts of comments, concerning HP. I could try and explaine observed hp. vs. STP or SAE."
I believe that's been covered...but not everyone pays attention.
LVjetboy: "I'd like to see the complete dyno run in lake configuration and compare measured power at 6500 rpm (not peak) to 788 hp. Also dyno test temp and pressure compared to lake test."
An honest question with no reply.
Cyclone: "And here I thought I was doing you (Blown) a favor by not posting dyno numbers?"
Not posting data does no favors.
"i really dont think that mike is willing to give up any #'s because of the "BULLSHIT" factor that i think we all are sure is to come of it, if he did post #'s!"
Poor mike. Hope he doesn't get his feelings hurt if he posts #'s and someone says BS? <--- sarcasim.
Cyclone...you worry about that? I doubt it so why no numbers? I think you understand I don't doubt your speed or results. But that's not important.
For others: There's nothing wrong with Blown's challenges or anyone elses. Those who post numbers and experience or something useful add to group knowledge. Those who don't fade to background. Why should holding hands and singing coom-by-ya be a requirement to post info. Do we all need group hugs and hand jobs before posting #'s?
I'm thinking no.
jer
Jer-
Although this has little to do with the original question on this thread, I'll remind you why I haven't posted dyno numbers on my engine. If memory serves correctly, the last time i put a motor together and posted the dyno numbers there was little if any, benefit on the thread. I seriously doubt that Blown 472 took the information I provided on my engine and boat and applied the knowledge to his own boat in an effort to improve it before he talked alot of smack and then yanked his blower off. No, instead he and several others began a pissing match that yielded nothing more than drama on this forum, which did no one any good. Posting the numbers did nothing but give some bored forum members something to piss and moan about and you'll have to excuse me if I no longer feel like providing that type of entertainment.
Now if someone wants a gps number on my boat or a race for beer, then i have no problem supplying that type of entertainment.

roostwear
04-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Hell, I'll race ya for beers. Only thing is, ya gotta spot me something like 1000 feet in the quarter mile............

Big Proppa
04-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I would like to race you for a shot of 99 bananas :D

wsuwrhr
04-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Rex, i dont have a phony screen name, ive never posted behind a false name ever, im sure you have some way of checking that too since your a moderator.
The prob. with a false name is they come in here and take shots that they normally would not do under their everyday name.Thats pretty weak, if you dont wanna say it under your everyday name, dont say it at all. Seems to be the norm in v-drive land, Ill put money on it that this all beef cat is a prop guy.
I only have one screen name, and I agree completely with your post, most people use their "alter" ego to post shit and cheap shots at one another. Why can't we all get along?
Brian
custom machining available.

wsuwrhr
04-09-2004, 04:42 PM
I'll race any of you for beers. I have no problem drinking your free liquor.
Only thing is...the slowest is the winner, and we race upriver. haha
Brian

Rexone
04-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 2allbeefpatties
To read this stuff is just comedy.
Jer, I thought everybody knew I was 2allbeefpatties.
Tony Scarlata.
and all this time I thought you were a jetboatguru and here you are posin as a friggin hamburger. damn this shits confusing.

screamdreambrad
04-09-2004, 09:52 PM
and he has lots of special sauce in that little white flat huh!:D brad

disco_charger
04-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Wow, been gone a few days and the thread continues :rolleyes: Hey Mike, just watched the video. Man that boat looks like it's taking a very pretty set. Must be a beautiful ride. Congrats! I will be one who does not want to race you for a beer. :wink:

LVjetboy
04-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Rex, since you ask, I use the term "fake id" to mean someone hiding behind a fake handle so their post can't be connected to their normal handle or person.
Cs19 nailed it...a v-driver. Ya, some jetters do the same...just as lame. And lose credibility. I post one handle, LVjetboy, controversial or not. People know me by that alone without the need for Hot Boat Forum official profile details about my favorite color or sign...things normally faked along with a fake id. They know my first name, what I look like, what I drink, my posting style, my jet, how fast it goes, the city I live in and the lakes I run...etc. Without actually meeting me, it's hard to get more real than that...nothing fake about it.
Everyone's free to register multiple id's if they choose. I choose not to waste time replying to fake id's, I don't use them. Since Tony was up front, I'll be glad to post to his comment.
BTW, LV's Las Vegas. I think you should let your posts stand. Moderators are human.
jer

LVjetboy
04-10-2004, 12:38 AM
"If memory serves correctly, the last time i put a motor together and posted the dyno numbers there was little if any, benefit on the thread. I seriously doubt that Blown 472 took the information I provided on my engine and boat and applied the knowledge to his own boat in an effort to improve it before he talked alot of smack and then yanked his blower off. No, instead he and several others began a pissing match that yielded nothing more than drama on this forum, which did no one any good."
Mike, there's a lot more than Blown reading this forum. Others would like to know your power curve...I know I would. And so what if Blown questions? Some of his questions are straight forward. Challenges often lead to more insight and discussion. People here can judge for themselves. Pats on the back and singing around the campfire do little.
jer

LVjetboy
04-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Finally, Tony...
"Jer you truly are a strange bird."
No doubt.
"Somebody who has a boat that runs barely 100..."
A few v-drivers may be worried... :)
"...but thinks by posting pie freaking graphs, bar charts, abacus pictures comparisons, studies, cut and paste articles etc etc..."
Pie charts for politicians, bar charts for poll takers and accountants...not my technical style. Cut and past articles? Very rare, only if needed to support a thread, not meant as proof of my knowledge or experience.
"...thinks that we should all believe he knows something is really bothersome."
Bothersome? I care less whether you or anyone else thinks I know something. I post if I think I have something to contribute. And I try to limit my posts to topics I know something about. If it bothers you when you read one of my technical posts, feel free to disagree and post your opinion on that topic. I'd be happy to hear your thoughts at the time and support my opinion instead of a vague put-down after the fact, as your quote above. People can judge for themselves.
"How about this:
460 inch Chevy
Dart manifold
750 dominators
Made 1060hp @ 8300
745 ft lbs @7200
Is this feasible?"
Yes, I think it's feasible, was that the question?
jer

bp
04-10-2004, 11:09 AM
brad, that ain't no whiteboat engine. sounds more like blue to me. :wink:
jer is knowledgeable, and usually accurate with his posts.
i agree with mike's view on posting numbers. just brings out more s%^ disturbers to disrupt an entire thread with nothing of any value to add.

Jim B.
04-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Will someone please tell me why it seems that all of these discussions end up in a disput over DYNO NUMBERS?!?! You guys are killing me with these freakin' dyno discussions!! Who ****in' cares if a guy had his motor dynoed or not and what it made!! And on top of that, why in the hell would you waste your time agruing with that person about the motor or numbers it made?!
Man, some of you Dyno critics need to leave your boats at home and just tow your Dyno sheet to the river and walk around with it in your back pocket!
By the way, congrats to cyclone, your boat kick's ass! Sweet video's!

WILDERTHANU
04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Jim B.
Man, some of you Dyno critics need to leave your boats at home and just tow your Dyno sheet to the river and walk around with it in your back pocket!
.......NOW THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT

2allbeefpatties
04-10-2004, 04:36 PM
"How about this:
460 inch Chevy
Dart manifold
750 dominators
Made 1060hp @ 8300
745 ft lbs @7200
Is this feasible?"
Yes, I think it's feasible, was that the question?
jer [/B][/QUOTE]
Then why is it so hard for you to accept Cyclones Motor for what it made?

Bense468
04-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I think Lvjetboy..... is blown472
Thats funney :D

Rexone
04-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Too bad dynos don't have pontoons attached so you could run em through the lights.
Dyno should be used as a tuning tool. Having much HP on the dyno is only one of many elements required to get to the finish line first but the results on the dyno should be used as a piece of the puzzle, not the answer to the whole puzzle. If the setup of the boat is wrong (vdrive, jet, whatever) lesser powered properly set up boats will easlily take the win over more HP.
case in point. Top fuel dragsters can make unlimited horsepower by most standards. But if they can't hook up and get to the finish line first, lesser HP setups easily outrun them. It's no different in any form of motorsports.

screamdreambrad
04-10-2004, 10:09 PM
bp i wasn't talking about the 468 tony was referring to, sorry i wasn't clear while i was being cute.;) brad

LVjetboy
04-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Tony,
I have no problem accepting Cyclone's motor for "what it made." I just don't know any details about "what it made." If Mike doesn't post his dyno on the forum for whatever reason then he can pm me the data. Others like Duane who've shared info by pm know I don't post data w/o permission.
There's reports of over 900+ hp. A single data point means little to performance. Without test conditions and rpm that doesn't tell much as I'm sure you know. My question on dyno numbers not a challenge to Mike's credibility as some assume, but a quest for information. There's a question about Heritage vs Legend power absorption. There's always the question of lake vs dyno conditions. Not everyone on these forums understands or acknowledges those differences. And not everyone running their jet takes the time to measure those difference.
When it comes to performance, "what it made" or a single test point on the dyno STP curve means little to understanding lake performance.
That's why I ask.
jer

LVjetboy
04-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Rex, I understand both the value and limitations of a dyno. Although it seems clear, some on this forum do not.
jer

LVjetboy
04-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Jim B: "Man, some of you Dyno critics need to leave your boats at home and just tow your Dyno sheet to the river and walk around with it in your back pocket!"
WILDERTHANU: "NOW THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT"
Funny shit? Think about it. Why would a "Dyno Critic" even pay for a dyno run? Jim's comment, if funny to you, doesn't make sense. Wilder, do you know how much a dyno run costs? I can assure you big $$$! A true "Dyno Critic" wouldn't pay for a dyno run let alone have a sheet in his back pocket.
Because a "Dyno Critic" doesn't understand the value of a dyno run. A dyno critic says, "Who ****in' cares if a guy had his motor dynoed or not and what it made!"
Sound familiar?
jer

LVjetboy
04-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Bense posted: "I think Lvjetboy..... is blown472. Thats funney"
Your comment fits your personality.
jer

LVjetboy
04-11-2004, 01:43 AM
And for all those candy asses (as Rio'd say), who favor "way to go" and "congrats Cyclone" posts over, "what's your dyno sheet?" Or get offended by such. I say, do you want to learn or just massage Cyclone's ego? If he's like me he needs no ego massage. Do you want to learn on these forums or just float along and be accepted?
Bunch of candy asses. "Oh, I won't post numbers 'cause Blown says they're not true." Who cares if someone challenges??
Jeez!!
jer

Jim B.
04-11-2004, 05:40 AM
Funny shit? Think about it. Why would a "Dyno Critic" even pay for a dyno run? Jim's comment, if funny to you, doesn't make sense. Wilder, do you know how much a dyno run costs? I can assure you big $$$! A true "Dyno Critic" wouldn't pay for a dyno run let alone have a sheet in his back pocket.
Because a "Dyno Critic" doesn't understand the value of a dyno run. A dyno critic says, "Who ****in' cares if a guy had his motor dynoed or not and what it made!"
Sound familiar?
jer [/B]
WOW, I think I struck a nerve!!!
Hey Pal, you obviously haven't got a friggin' clue! I try not to play these games but since my last comment was too hard for you to understand let me simplify it for you. What gives you the right to argue over what another person's motor made, etc. Who the **** do you think you are John Lingenfelter?! Not!! I got news for you bro, your nothing just like me. Just another guy here on the boards so don't try to be some kind of authority. It's one thing to give advice and suggestions based on your experiences but to agrue?

Jim B.
04-11-2004, 06:28 AM
And for all those candy asses (as Rio'd say), who favor "way to go" and "congrats Cyclone" posts over, "what's your dyno sheet?" Or get offended by such. I say, do you want to learn or just massage Cyclone's ego? If he's like me he needs no ego massage. Do you want to learn on these forums or just float along and be accepted?
Bunch of candy asses. "Oh, I won't post numbers 'cause Blown says they're not true." Who cares if someone challenges??
Jeez!!
jer
Candy ass? I don't see anything wrong with complementing a guy on his ride and I think many will agree. Especially when you've redone one yourself and understand how time and effort is involved. If Cyclones ego is massaged, so be it. I think he deserves it. It's nice to know that people see and appreciate the work you've done. All your negativity sounds like jealousy too me. You can challange his "numbers"all you want bro but the bottom line is that his boat is still faster than yours!! That's something you need to learn and accept!!!

bp
04-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Jeez!!
jer
candyass? he'll be putting his boat on the rope within the next couple months. i don't see any candyasses out there. the candyasses are standing on the beach, or stay home attached to their keyboards. some people aint gonna like that, but this namecalling shit gets a little old. i don't think he went through this exercise just to post numbers on the internet. :p
seems to me it's his choice to post, or share the information obtained, since he most likely paid for the dyno time. what blown or anyone else has to say really doesn't matter, and is mostly irrelevent. mike's use of the information he paid for is his business.

disco_charger
04-11-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Too bad dynos don't have pontoons attached so you could run em through the lights.
Dyno should be used as a tuning tool. Having much HP on the dyno is only one of many elements required to get to the finish line first but the results on the dyno should be used as a piece of the puzzle, not the answer to the whole puzzle. If the setup of the boat is wrong (vdrive, jet, whatever) lesser powered properly set up boats will easlily take the win over more HP.
case in point. Top fuel dragsters can make unlimited horsepower by most standards. But if they can't hook up and get to the finish line first, lesser HP setups easily outrun them. It's no different in any form of motorsports.
Mike I think that you are going to have to be banned from the just jets board. You are talking common sense and real world application, so we're going to have to ask you to leave. This board is all about who can make peak horsepower at an RPM a poor little jet boat will never see. :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-11-2004, 07:25 AM
I have nothing of value to add, but I do have a dyno sheet:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/74Joeys_Dyno.jpg
Since this one is better than mine, I'm gonna print it out, and take it to the river with me.
Feel free to do the same.

Jetboatguru
04-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Jer, I understand what you are saying. If you are as knowledgeable as you think you are you understand what kind of HP it takes to push a boat like Cyclone's 107 mph. A Vbottom heavy lake hull is not going to run that with 700hp. We don't use the dyno to throw out the bragging numbers we use it to tune for the races. We have data that shows what the boat does to the motor at every point on the track. The dyno shows us where the motor is making power and where it is not. From there we can tune and gear and prop the thing to it's full potential. This is not a Cyclone Nut Swinging thread. Happy Easter !!!!

Bense468
04-11-2004, 12:21 PM
It was a joke Jer. You should learn how to take one sometime.

wsuwrhr
04-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Top fuel dragsters can make unlimited horsepower by most standards. But if they can't hook up and get to the finish line first, lesser HP setups easily outrun them.
I would like to add that fuel dragsters, with 5,000 HP or more, will still get beat by fractions of a second.
Group hug everyone,
Brian

WILDERTHANU
04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
DAMN "JETBOY"..................MAMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT!!

Big Proppa
04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I have one
468 with a 671
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/16MVC-dyno-med.JPG

Bense468
04-11-2004, 02:06 PM
what rpm did that thing idle at?

Blown 472
04-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Jer-
Although this has little to do with the original question on this thread, I'll remind you why I haven't posted dyno numbers on my engine. If memory serves correctly, the last time i put a motor together and posted the dyno numbers there was little if any, benefit on the thread. I seriously doubt that Blown 472 took the information I provided on my engine and boat and applied the knowledge to his own boat in an effort to improve it before he talked alot of smack and then yanked his blower off. No, instead he and several others began a pissing match that yielded nothing more than drama on this forum, which did no one any good. Posting the numbers did nothing but give some bored forum members something to piss and moan about and you'll have to excuse me if I no longer feel like providing that type of entertainment.
Now if someone wants a gps number on my boat or a race for beer, then i have no problem supplying that type of entertainment.
Dont flatter yourself, I pulled the blower off because I was sick of the ****ing noise and I have a six year old that I did not like climbing over the batteries and around a hot motor to get in and out of the boat. And why in the **** would I want to learn about a ****ing chevy.???

TRG
04-11-2004, 08:03 PM
cuz,...every gentleman should own a bow tie!:D

Cs19
04-11-2004, 09:24 PM
proppa, that should make that gullwing really get with the program..
When you droppin it in?
And when are you thinking about testing?
See ya..Cs19

wrightnow
04-11-2004, 10:21 PM
proppa, that should make that gullwing really get with the program..
When you droppin it in?
And when are you thinking about testing?
See ya..Cs19
Chris, proppa better be planning on testing on the 24th with the rest of us.

TRG
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM
i think i'll be testing my camera skillz out on the 24th!lol

LVjetboy
04-12-2004, 12:58 AM
Posted by JimB: "WOW, I think I struck a nerve!"
Nope, your post about "who cares" struck me as clueless...so I responded.
"Hey Pal, you obviously haven't got a friggin' clue! I try not to play these games but since my last comment was too hard for you to understand let me simplify it for you."
No need to simplify, your post seemed simple and clueless enough to me.
"What gives you the right to argue over what another person's motor made, etc. Who the **** do you think you are John Lingenfelter?! Not!"
If you'll take the time to read my posts to this thread, you'll find I did not, "argue over what a persons motor made" as your exageration claims. I ask for dyno numbers...and I had a reason for asking other than disputing or challenging numbers as you imply. Not that you had a clue. But some of the regulars here probably know...including Cyclone. If you doubt, ask Mike if I've ever disputed or challenged his numbers. And no, I've never portrayed myself as an engine expert so drop the drama.
"I got news for you bro, your nothing just like me. Just another guy here on the boards so don't try to be some kind of authority. It's one thing to give advice and suggestions based on your experiences but to agrue?"
I've got news for you. I give advice, ask questions, argue, post and back up my opinions. Get used to it.
"All your negativity sounds like jealousy too me. You can challange his "numbers"all you want bro but the bottom line is that his boat is still faster than yours!! That's something you need to learn and accept!"
His boat IS faster than mine. I've got no problem accepting that. If anything, I predicted he could go even faster with that power. As before, you're mistaken on the challenge part...go back and read the thread bro. Or ask Mike he can tell you.
Jealous? Wrong again bro. Mikes jet's a single purpose runner. And awesome at that. Mine's a multi-purpose lake jet. We have different goals. Joking I suggested a stereo he said hell no! He runs a blower I don't. I can run 87 octane (dock gas at Powell) does Mike? Different goals. Through the years I've made my jet faster. There comes a point when you think, is faster ever fast enough? At one time I wondered. 70, 80, 90? After 100 on the lake I'm here to tell you that's fast enough for me. On the track I'm sure faster is never enough. But running the lake in an open cockpit low profile 19' jet with no helmet, rescue or lifeline? Think about it.
My question about Mike's dyno run had nothing to do with your implied jealousy put down. With my background, I'm always interested in accurate test numbers and what that means to impeller rpm and jet pump performance. Information that's hard to get in our hobby. And I'll ask for that info whenever I choose. Something you need to learn to accept.
jer

LVjetboy
04-12-2004, 01:28 AM
Big Poppa, thanks. Was that so hard?

LVjetboy
04-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Blown, was wondering when you'd show up. :)
jer

Blown 472
04-12-2004, 06:12 AM
Blown, was wondering when you'd show up. :)
jer
looks like you are taking some heat too.:rolleyes:
My question about Mike's dyno run had nothing to do with your implied jealousy put down. With my background, I'm always interested in accurate test numbers and what that means to impeller rpm and jet pump performance. Information that's hard to get in our hobby. And I'll ask for that info whenever I choose. Something you need to learn to accept.
Very well put.

Big Proppa
04-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Cs - I'll be out at big river on the 24th. and then again on the 15 of May for the freeboard deal. I should be ready for the motor by Friday depending on Daves schedule. I got a look at your ride the other day, bad to the bone bro -
It's going to be a great summer.

MAXIMUS
04-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Jer what does the chart show for running a stainless legend "A" at 6300 RPM? Does it show a torq factor or only HP?:confused:

wrightnow
04-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Big Proppa
Cs - I'll be out at big river on the 24th. and then again on the 15 of May for the freeboard deal. I should be ready for the motor by Friday depending on Daves schedule. I got a look at your ride the other day, bad to the bone bro -
It's going to be a great summer.
Cs19, Don't beleive a word BP says, you know he's the bail out king went it comes time to making an event. I'm still waiting for him to show up at the river, glamis, pismo you name it he's bailed on it....lol
Mark

Big Proppa
04-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Right in the nuts - damn bro

cyclone
04-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I find it odd that my boat is the constant subject of speculation when I'd be more curious about the boats we havent seen or read that much about on the forum.
Where's the pics/numbers on Wrightnow, CS19, Big Proppa (nice dyno sheet!:) ) boats? What about Heatseeker or Maximums' boats? I'd rather drool over pics of their boats than talk about mine.
I do appreciate the compliments because in addition to the fun i have driving my boat, the kind words do make the hard work seem all the more worthwhile.
I'm not so sure the drama would end even with a quick dyno sheet post on my behalf. When I do finally make it out to the races then you can take the ET, RPM and MPH numbers and draw whatever conclusions you like about my motor. For now, I'll say that it runs on 91 octane fuel straight from the dock. My boat is a heavy layup, has a full wood interior, all the lifevests and safety equipment for passengers, an anchor, bumpers, paddle, fire extingquisher etc, carpet from the front of the cockpit back to the transom, and it ran fast enough yesterday to briefly scare me.
I make no claims as to what my boat is supposed to be. Call it what you want-lake boat, race boat, hole in the lake i throw money into (my personal favorite) or whatever else you can come up with.
I'm just here for the fun and friends and nothing else.

Big Proppa
04-12-2004, 09:53 AM
WORD!

LVjetboy
04-12-2004, 10:33 AM
"and it ran fast enough yesterday to briefly scare me."
That's when I decided mine was fast enough :) About the dyno sheet, well I tried. I'll give it a rest. But like you I wouldn't mind seeing numbers/pics for some of the other century jets. CS19 was nice enough to send me his...very impressive! Maximus, Wrightnow, Heatseeker...who knows. My numbers on them a bit dated.
Maximus, the JPC shows Legend A @ 6300 = 842 hp. That's lake power of course, not dyno power. If you'd rather look at impeller torque curves, it's an easy conversion. Not that there's any good reason to.
jer

Kindsvater Flat
04-12-2004, 10:53 AM
I find it odd that my boat is the constant subject of speculation when I'd be more curious about the boats we havent seen or read that much about on the forum.
Where's the pics/numbers on Wrightnow, CS19, Big Proppa (nice dyno sheet!:) ) boats? What about Heatseeker or Maximums' boats? I'd rather drool over pics of their boats than talk about mine.
I do appreciate the compliments because in addition to the fun i have driving my boat, the kind words do make the hard work seem all the more worthwhile.
I'm not so sure the drama would end even with a quick dyno sheet post on my behalf. When I do finally make it out to the races then you can take the ET, RPM and MPH numbers and draw whatever conclusions you like about my motor. For now, I'll say that it runs on 91 octane fuel straight from the dock. My boat is a heavy layup, has a full wood interior, all the lifevests and safety equipment for passengers, an anchor, bumpers, paddle, fire extingquisher etc, carpet from the front of the cockpit back to the transom, and it ran fast enough yesterday to briefly scare me.
I make no claims as to what my boat is supposed to be. Call it what you want-lake boat, race boat, hole in the lake i throw money into (my personal favorite) or whatever else you can come up with.
I'm just here for the fun and friends and nothing else.
Personally I would like to see more pictures of girls in your boat but then again thats just me.:D

MAXIMUS
04-12-2004, 11:42 AM
"and it ran fast enough yesterday to briefly scare me."
That's when I decided mine was fast enough :) About the dyno sheet, well I tried. I'll give it a rest. But like you I wouldn't mind seeing numbers/pics for some of the other century jets. CS19 was nice enough to send me his...very impressive! Maximus, Wrightnow, Heatseeker...who knows. My numbers on them a bit dated.
Maximus, the JPC shows Legend A @ 6300 = 842 hp. That's lake power of course, not dyno power. If you'd rather look at impeller torque curves, it's an easy conversion. Not that there's any good reason to.
jer
That sounds pretty accurate in relation to what I believe I have. I estimate around 850 hp at that rpm. Kinda cool... I went out to parker this weekend with my 9 month old baby girl, my twin 8 yr old girls & my wife. Had a great time until the starter went south... We need to get a jet outing together, so we can all get together & admire some hardware! Thanks for the reply jer...:)

Squirtcha?
04-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Jer
My numbers are pretty old. I believe the last time I sent em to ya, they were 73.7 mph at 5200 rpm or so.
After adding the snoot the rpms seem to be closer to 5250-5300 and speed (w/o nitrous) is 76.4 mph. Hoping to get some gains from the tunnelram when I get it put on. According to desktop dyno, it should add around 30-35 hp. Don't know if this will pan out however, as two of my buddies with the same hull and BBF added tunnelrams and didn't gain anything from them. At this point in time, I'd just do away with the goofy gas, if I could run a consistent 80 mph without it.
I've known Jer from the boards for probably 3-4 years now. I've always known him to be inquisitive and perhaps somewhat disinclined to believe, if something doesn't ring just right...........but never malicious.

cyclone
04-12-2004, 12:21 PM
That sounds pretty accurate in relation to what I believe I have. I estimate around 850 hp at that rpm. Kinda cool... I went out to parker this weekend with my 9 month old baby girl, my twin 8 yr old girls & my wife. Had a great time until the starter went south... We need to get a jet outing together, so we can all get together & admire some hardware! Thanks for the reply jer...:)
i agree. alot of folks will be coming out to Roostwear's Freeboard Challenged event in May at Big River. You should come out-its real close to Parker. :)

MAXIMUS
04-12-2004, 02:15 PM
I will try to make the event... I am actually tight on time as my wife has me scheduled for all kinds of "family" outings...:rolleyes: . Some latest #'s on my ride... As of last tuesday night I went out an ran with 9.5 lbs of boost at 6300 rpm 104! If some of you remember about a year or so ago I was running 109 with 6 psi of boost. Well I am a little stumped as to what has changed? Then I remembered I made a new "trick" ride plate as my old one was slightly warped! I installed it at the same angle as the tweeked one & the boat has never ran the same! Unfortunatly I have been busy using it as a ski boat & havent really had the time to set up a test weekend. I beleive my problem is the plate needs to come up a tickle. The boat is bucking & plowing along & no matter where the nozzel is set won't lift! It acts like it has a wheelie bar on the back holding it down! I will say that the 3.5 psi increase has made it accellerate wayyyyyyyyyy better! It really gets up & moves!:)

565edge
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Maximus,Hopefully we will have some numbers with eliminatya's 21' daytona after the weekend.He put his innercooler on and changed pulleys.He also added lightning headers so we will see what happens.

flat broke
04-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Maxi,
did you make the new plate longer than the old one by any chance?
Either way, those numbers are nothing to sneeze at in a 21'er.
With the increasing number of truly fast jetboats (and flats) running around it sure is going to be hard for those guys that always have to keep up with the Jones's :)
Chris

TRG
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
thats even tougher to stomach for us guys trying feverishly to get our shit together! i just hope everyone keeps one thing in mind,...be safe this summer, seems that everyone has stepped up in power and mods this past winter! good job to all of you guys who have posted their projects, there's definitly a shitpot of talent on these boards!:D
tizzodd

cyclone
04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
Personally I would like to see more pictures of girls in your boat but then again thats just me.:D
me too. :D

MAXIMUS
04-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Flatbroke I made the plate identical, however it is thicker & stiffer! For those who just jumped in on this thread I am talking about my ride plate!:rolleyes: My old plate was burned pretty bad with the center sucked out of it! I think the angle I was measuring off of was not proper! Like I said I have just been having fun with the boat so I will need to get the notes out & start a new test session! I am pretty sure that I can achieve 115 with the current boost & weight of the set up. It will just take some more finessing...:) 572 I wan't my old plate back!!!:frown: :D
Edge tell eliminata to be careful! If he needs any help he has my #:)

572Daytona
04-12-2004, 08:14 PM
572 I wan't my old plate back!!!:frown: :D
Ya mean this one? You wouldn't want it, I hear it is warped in the center. ;) Good to hear you got your boat out, I take it no more engine problems? I haven't touched mine all winter, my starter needs fixing as well. I keep trying to figure out a way that I can quit my job so I have more time to play but everytime I run the numbers it looks like I still have to keep working. Maybe if I apply a correction factor to my finances it will look better :D
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn0153e.jpg

LVjetboy
04-13-2004, 01:48 AM
Dan, I already had your new numbers, but thanks for the post. Still planning on freeboard. With all this fast company, I may be seeing the back end of more than one jet. I think these boards have raised the bar over the years. Remember this old thread?
Century Jet (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8333&highlight=Century+AND+Jet)
jer

Squirtcha?
04-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Pretty cool thread. I remember seeing that one. All those responses and no bashing, flaming etc............amazing!

MAXIMUS
04-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Ya mean this one? You wouldn't want it, I hear it is warped in the center. ;) Good to hear you got your boat out, I take it no more engine problems? I haven't touched mine all winter, my starter needs fixing as well. I keep trying to figure out a way that I can quit my job so I have more time to play but everytime I run the numbers it looks like I still have to keep working. Maybe if I apply a correction factor to my finances it will look better :D
http://www.carlsonspeed.com/~daytona/Dscn0153e.jpg
Just let me know when you are ready to step up!:) That old low power pos of yours could use a jet lift!:D I'll bet if you come visit so cal we can make that baby run a bill! The GPS's work better out here...;)

572Daytona
04-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Just let me know when you are ready to step up!:) That old low power pos of yours could use a jet lift!:D I'll bet if you come visit so cal we can make that baby run a bill! The GPS's work better out here...;)
What can I say, I've only got a single carb, low compression POS, no blower, no alcohol, no nitrous. I would bet the UT's lawn mower is making more HP than I am. Maybe I should drop the 455 OLDS from the Tahiti in there, at least it is running some compression. I've heard that about so cal, everthing's is inflated, Real Estate Prices, Taxes, GPS numbers and Tits :D I'm sure you get 5mph just by going with the current at Parker, right :wink:

flat broke
04-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Dan, I already had your new numbers, but thanks for the post. Still planning on freeboard. With all this fast company, I may be seeing the back end of more than one jet. I think these boards have raised the bar over the years. Remember this old thread?
Century Jet (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8333&highlight=Century+AND+Jet)
jer
My how things have changed since that thread. Some of us have really stepped things up with the engine programs, others have started new projects all together. The bottom line, 100 is still a tough nut to crack in a jet, but there are more and more folks every year who are pulling it off.
My favorite part of that thread... Absolutely no bashing, and just honest enthusiasm for a good idea. After taking that little trip back in time, it would be hard for anyone to argue that the HB boards haven't gotten more negative and less informative.
Chris

LVjetboy
04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Well, that was one of the happier threads. I was still mixin' it up with jroos and DTJ back then :)
The Dragn ran 72 mph, Squirtcha 62, and some faster guys:
Rat Raft: 81.8
PCRat: 79
JeffT: 88.8
Century jets were rare. GS never did that article.
jer