PDA

View Full Version : Another Fiasco

shadow
03-29-2004, 07:32 AM
Heard there was another fiasco at the Sandbar on Sat. Was out of town this weekend but a friend at work this morning said there was another brawl.(Whats New?). When will these people get a clue?

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Anyone know what went down :mad:

shadow
03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Don't know details but it sounds like about 10 guys,of course someone got the ol beer bottle across the head,wonder were the rest of the bottle is? Bullshit if you ask me!

Mr.Havasu
03-29-2004, 12:30 PM
I read on another thread that a pontoon ran into a cat in the channel. Anyone have any details on that as well?

welk2party
03-29-2004, 12:55 PM
It is going to get harder and harder to have fun if people don't pull there heads from their arses.

Scream
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
[Soap box on]
Ya know, I hate to hear about this kinda crap. I got into boating originally because I really loved just cruisin out on the water. Now I'm into it because my family likes the same thing. Boaters are supposed to be like minded individuals, easily motivated to have a good time and not in a rush to become A$$holes.
"Can't we all just get along" is the monicer of an imbasile from the 90's, but it seems to me that we'll be using it alot more. If WE (boaters in general) don't control ourselves in a manner that promotes the type of friendship and fellowship we all got into boating for in the first place, we'll be rousted from every "happy spot" by the LEO's because we'll be guilty by association. They've already taken away Copper Canyon and at times the Sandbar during busy weekends because WE cannot control ourselves, next it will illegal to have a beer in public. Anyone showing any signs of having fun will be suspect and WE will be SCREWED.
That asswipe Hillary once said "It takes a village". Unfortunately she had some merit there. WE need to police ourselves to make sure WE have someplace to use our expensive and well loved machines in the future...
[Soap box off]

Essex502
03-29-2004, 01:20 PM
The cost of boating has been lowered by the introduction of PWC's and lots of rental boats. SOB's nad lowlifes can get on the water with minimal effort and expense and bring their rowdiness and drunkeness to water. At one time it took big dough or lots of work in restoration to go boating but not any more. These POS drunkin' fools will ruin it for all of us. Unfortunately, we can't police ourselves as we have no influence over these $hit-for-brains. The best defense is to ignore them and hopefully they will go away.
I now don't go on the water on holiday weekends even though we have a place in LHC. We stay home. We have a three day weekend every other week so we make them our mini-vacations to avoid these a$$holes.

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I read on another thread that a pontoon ran into a cat in the channel. Anyone have any details on that as well?
It did not look like major damage but definately a few chips and scrapes on the front left sponson, But being a Vale paint it is definately some damage.. Also same pontoon backed into an HTM just minutes after the carnage, It looked like they were able to stop that one with out damage but the driver of the HTM was down with the fuzz taking a report. Happen saturday afternoon while walking the channel.

jackpunx
03-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Most likely.. that pontoon guy does not have insurance... and this will be another hit on cats and bullshit accidents..

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 02:04 PM
I cannot view the pics on the link but this should be the same boat as
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11216&highlight=DICK+VALE
:mad: :( :mad:

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Sounded like a the crack of a baseball bat when the pontoon hit him the first time. The chunk in the front did not look too bad, but it ain't gonna be cheap to fix. Gonna try to post some pics here.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4106SpringBreak04_046-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4106SpringBreak04_047-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4106SpringBreak04_048-med.jpg
Those are in order, just after initial impact. The guy in the toon got so flustered trying to drive his boat that he gave up, killed the engine and swam it over.

J540
03-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Yha:and you would'nt have broke your drive we could have been out on the water saterday:D :D .hay how do i get the pic,s from sandbar,of us and your boat on here. I save them to desktop, and try to post them, but its not working. JOHN

J540
03-29-2004, 02:34 PM
GOT IT here is more.

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 02:41 PM
BIATCH-post the broken drive pics in the cat & tunnel section under my B-max took a shit topic :D . Save them all on a disc for me cuz I need to keep some.. BIIIAAAAATTTTCCCHHH

J540
03-29-2004, 02:50 PM
The guy in the toon got so flustered trying to drive his boat that he gave up, killed the engine and swam it over. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yah, he killed the motor!!! after he hit the HTM which was # 2 for him in 5min, damm hope he has INS,:mad: after hitting the 1st boat the htm got in back of him, and he throttled up, but was in REV, OOPS:eek: :eek!: then got into the HTM.:idea: :cry:
KELLY you pimp
:D

J540
03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 79 HUSTLER
BIATCH-post the broken drive pics in the cat & tunnel section under my B-max took a shit topic :D . Save them all on a disc for me cuz I need to keep some.. BIIIAAAAATTTTCCCHHH
ok doing it now

Kachina26
03-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by J540
The guy in the toon got so flustered trying to drive his boat that he gave up, killed the engine and swam it over.
Yah, he killed the motor!!! after he hit the HTM which was # 2 for him in 5min, damm hope he has INS,:mad: after hitting the 1st boat the htm got in back of him, and he throttled up, but was in REV, OOPS:eek: :eek!: then got into the HTM.:idea: :cry:
So any word on if he was OUI?
KELLY you pimp
:D [/B][/QUOTE]

welk2party
03-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Nice ladies J540!:D

jackpunx
03-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by J540
The guy in the toon got so flustered trying to drive his boat that he gave up, killed the engine and swam it over.
KELLY you pimp
:D [/B][/QUOTE]
Damm Kelly...

Debbolas
03-29-2004, 03:29 PM
I now don't go on the water on holiday weekends even though we have a place in LHC. We stay home. We have a three day weekend every other week so we make them our mini-vacations to avoid these a$$holes. [/B][/QUOTE]
During the week is the best time. We did a London Bridge Memorial Weekend once, and it was a zoo. Driving in the channel in my friend (Rhondas) dads Hallett and this boat just pulls out, like there isn't any traffic! We stop, and then everyone behind us TRIES to stop. She read him the riot act......so funny this little blonde chick screaming at this dork in a boat.
Not my favorite place to boat.
Give me the river and lots of room and glass!!!
This will be our first year with a bunch of weekends, we usually do Moabe during the week and it is nice!

welk2party
03-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I avoid holidays whenever possible. :(
But it seems more idiots than ever are on the water. These fiascos just happened and the season really has not even started.:rolleyes:

carbonmarine
03-29-2004, 04:12 PM
I saw that ! I was right there !
Shit that what happend.... I saw the cops heading over ...
Any update what happend when they arrived ????
Rick

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Damm Kelly...
Yeah Mark, its alot different when we are not all bundled up in sweatshirts like at beuna vista. :D :D :D KELLY

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 04:34 PM
SHIT J540 ,I WAS STANDING RIGHT THEIR DRINKING A BEER WHEN THOSE PICS WHERE TAKEN,i'v never like horseshoes more,those 2 girls where playing horse shoes ,DAMN WHAT A SHOW
Damn, what boat were you in. That was my wife (blonde) and J540's wife just havin a lil fun :eek: :eek: . We were all in the orange/grey force

fourspeednup
03-29-2004, 04:43 PM
I think the cat that got hit first:rolleyes: was in ***boat Jan. 04
AMT 30'
Pretty sure this is the one 79 Hustler was talking about
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3225amt_30_scanned-med.jpg

79 HUSTLER
03-29-2004, 04:56 PM
I think the cat that got hit first was in ***boat Jan. 04
That would be the one unfortunately. KELLY

repo man
03-29-2004, 06:54 PM
dam, where are the pix of the dude that soaked up the well deserved azz whippen?

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
03-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
The cost of boating has been lowered by the introduction of PWC's and lots of rental boats. SOB's nad lowlifes can get on the water with minimal effort and expense and bring their rowdiness and drunkeness to water. At one time it took big dough or lots of work in restoration to go boating but not any more. These POS drunkin' fools will ruin it for all of us. Unfortunately, we can't police ourselves as we have no influence over these $hit-for-brains. The best defense is to ignore them and hopefully they will go away.
I now don't go on the water on holiday weekends even though we have a place in LHC. We stay home. We have a three day weekend every other week so we make them our mini-vacations to avoid these a$$holes.
That's right people with lots of money can do no wrong. They are all great people who started boating. Just last weekend I saw a sign by the ramp that said "Your boat must cost at least 100 thousand dollars to launch." Man some of you people. Why didn't anyone stop this fight? These poor people who rent sea doos and come out to wreck all of your fun. The fight was with upper middle class white males, NOT SOME GANG BANGERS! Some old dudes wanted to dance on a stripper pole that was not theirs.(On a boat not some rental) When asked to get off they left and came back with 12 GUYS. Let's see now, 12 full grown men against 4 young males...4. 1 with a broken collar bone...1 out of back surgery. NOT LAME ENOUGH? The group of 12 UPPER MIDDLE CLASS WHITE MALES hit one of the healthy ones with a BOTTLE! How many of you stopped this?....0. Way to stand up OUR BELIEFS as boaters. Sorry, this just burns my ass.:rolleyes:

Ivan Dan
03-30-2004, 12:19 AM
hey J540....your boat is sick looking man....almost as sexy as your ladies but not quite cuz they are fine as hell.

Essex502
03-30-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
That's right people with lots of money can do no wrong. They are all great people who started boating. Just last weekend I saw a sign by the ramp that said "Your boat must cost at least 100 thousand dollars to launch." Man some of you people. Why didn't anyone stop this fight? These poor people who rent sea doos and come out to wreck all of your fun. The fight was with upper middle class white males, NOT SOME GANG BANGERS! Some old dudes wanted to dance on a stripper pole that was not theirs.(On a boat not some rental) When asked to get off they left and came back with 12 GUYS. Let's see now, 12 full grown men against 4 young males...4. 1 with a broken collar bone...1 out of back surgery. NOT LAME ENOUGH? The group of 12 UPPER MIDDLE CLASS WHITE MALES hit one of the healthy ones with a BOTTLE! How many of you stopped this?....0. Way to stand up OUR BELIEFS as boaters. Sorry, this just burns my ass.:rolleyes:
How sorry are you with your inferiority complex...look around and see what boating has turned to...if the fight was between white, middle class males making good dough it would be the exception to the rule. There are numerous incidents every week at the local waters that fit my desciption. That's one reason I don't boat out of Katherine Landing on Mohave cause of the gang-bangers. Same for going to Laughlin on any holiday weekend...Wake up and smell the coffee.

Scream
03-30-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
CP, just my opinion here, but seems like the alcohol was doing the talking in this instance and keep in mind bangers and loosers have a lot less to loose when gettin in these types of stuations. Lowlifes start shit because they aren't worried about being put (back) in jail, but the middle classed white males, having a lot more to loose, GENERALLY don't display this type of behavior.
Essex502 is right. These guys were the exception and not the rule. I know it sounds racist and elitist, but the facts are pretty strong for his case.
On another note, this type of crap will effect us all if WE don't take care of it OURSELVES. If we have to have Boatcop take care of it, then it's gone too far...IMHO

H20 Party Starter
03-30-2004, 01:26 PM
I was there...
A guy who get's drunk and fights is the biggest ****in pussy out of anyone! Just drink and chill!
Stripper pole involved seen in this thread;)
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2266

Flying Tiger
03-30-2004, 05:49 PM
I got speared by a junk pontoon boat while I was tied at the RoadRunner a couple years back.
No insurance on the 'toon of course.
Cost me $1700 of my own money.
It really hurt my budget that year.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939P1010014-med.JPG

77charger
03-30-2004, 06:02 PM
I now don't go on the water on holiday weekends even though we have a place in LHC. We stay home. We have a three day weekend every other week so we make them our mini-vacations to avoid these a$$holes. asses come in all shapes,sizes,races,etc.I have seen rich big boaters be asses as well as your so called poor boaters,And the same geoups be the nicest people.Money or boat doesnt define a person attitude does.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H20 Party Starter
[B]I was there...
A guy who get's drunk and fights is the biggest ****in pussy out of anyone! Just drink and chill!
I see what you are saying,but
How about the guy that stands and watches then goes to the forms and bitch about it???:confused: Do something..How many people were standing there watching?? They could of stopped it. Dont get me wrong the hole thing is gay.
How sorry are you with your inferiority complex...look around and see what boating has turned to...if the fight was between white, middle class males making good dough it would be the exception to the rule. There are numerous incidents every week at the local waters that fit my desciption. That's one reason I don't boat out of Katherine Landing on Mohave cause of the gang-bangers. Same for going to Laughlin on any holiday weekend...Wake up and smell the coffee.
Hey thanks DOC. Smell the coffee...Thats nice.

surfer2001
03-30-2004, 09:00 PM
The cost of boating has been lowered by the introduction of PWC's and lots of rental boats. SOB's nad lowlifes can get on the water with minimal effort and expense and bring their rowdiness and drunkeness to water. At one time it took big dough or lots of work in restoration to go boating but not any more.
Sorry but I must disagree, I know plenty of rich a$$holes who stay drunk. I see a ton of rich guys that have a lot more money than brains. Just because you make lots money, that fact does not make you more responsible. Lowlifes reside in all income brackets.
My 2 cents

DUNDUN
03-30-2004, 09:13 PM
I've seen alot of irresponsible boaters in alot of different boats/skin colors/etc...
I don't think it's fair that you single out a particular boater. I've seen almost as many dumbass's in 35 ft boats as I've seen in 20 ft boats as I've seen in 10 ft pwc's. It's the responsibility of the boat owner/renter/passenger to not be a jackass on the river!!!

Boozer
03-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I have agree with Cali Performance on this subject.
Boating can be a very affordable thing. However, just because you own a bayliner or a sea doo doesnt make you a gang banger or poor for that matter. As you all know I personally own a bayliner which I plan to upgrade in the next summer or 2 to something much nicer. However, being that I am not exactly rich by any means I don't feel that that should prevent me form being able to go out on the water in my boat and have a good time.
It really pisses me off when people get on here and start bashing people who can only afford inexpensive boats or jet skis. Just because you are lower middle class shouldnt mean you have no right on the water. This is a free country is it not? What makes Joe Schmo who makes 250K a year anymore worthy of being on the lake in his 32' DCB then Joe Blow who only makes 40K a year and wants to take his family boating in their new Bayliner?
It boils down to 2 things. Alcohol and inexperience. Whether you make 40k a year or a mill a year you can make the right choice or the wrong one and that's all there is to it. If you cant afford to insure your boa tthen you have no right owning one but there are plenty of lower income people out there who have insurance on their boats. For my age I dont consider myself low income but compared to you 45+ yearold people I am certainly lower income, gotta start somewhere right? However, I can afford my boat payments, and I can afford the insurance. And believe me I have made all the inexperienced mistakes havent we all? Maybe we dindt go crashing into a 400,000 cat but we have all had our fair share of jack ass moments.
Thank MTV for the punks at the lake not Jet skis or bayliners.

77charger
03-30-2004, 10:18 PM
Boozer pretty much sums it up i couldnt have said it better.There are some lurkers who feel left out when it comes to some events example rwub rt jas saw some boaters who asked him if he was at the gathering they said they didnt want to go there because they thought their boats were not good enough.It wouldnt matter to me what they were driving sounded like the were nie people who enjoy the boats they have.And there was a good group at cranes who would have welcomed them also.I wonder why they think like that essex502?(or others with the same stereotyping).

shadow
03-31-2004, 06:36 AM
I'll second that! Boozer summed it up. it's not how you get on the water, as long as you get on the water and enjoy it with others that also enjoy it.CP as far as sittin back and bitchin.That would be me.I take responsibility for my family,friends and boat.As the majority do.It's not my job to police the sandbar and break up drunk fights.Trust me on this! If it comes to me or a fellow boater minding their own bussiness,thats a different story.I could give a rats ass about some drunks in a bar fight at the sandbar beatin the shit out of each other.Just like they can give a rats ass if the sandbar gets closed down permanately.they need to stay home if they can't handle their alcohol.

Kachina26
03-31-2004, 06:49 AM
Not to mention, breaking up fights is a good way to get killed nowadays. About the best you can do is call the cops and be a good witness. A dead samaritan cannot provide for his family.

Debbolas
03-31-2004, 08:30 AM
We avoid the sandbar on weekends and holidays as the environment ( while fun) is not the best place for our kids....
The sandbar is cool during the week, kids, dogs, frizbees, old guys in gold thongs.......

Essex502
03-31-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
Boozer pretty much sums it up i couldnt have said it better.There are some lurkers who feel left out when it comes to some events example rwub rt jas saw some boaters who asked him if he was at the gathering they said they didnt want to go there because they thought their boats were not good enough.It wouldnt matter to me what they were driving sounded like the were nie people who enjoy the boats they have.And there was a good group at cranes who would have welcomed them also.I wonder why they think like that essex502?(or others with the same stereotyping).
I don't think it is stereotyping at all...look around...are you seeing the gang-banger types more frequently at the river and big lakes? I do. How did they get there? Per capita these folks (white, black, red, green, brown, yellow - rich or poor) tend to get into more adverse situations. Fact. Yes, there are rich a$$holes and dumb$hits and poor a$$holes and dumb$hits but there are more dumb$hits since the cost of boating went down. Fact. You can deny it all you want but the truth is there. Go to Laughlin on Memorial Day and look around at Katherine Landing. Doesn't take a lot of observation to see.
Old Thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28888&highlight=gang)

shadow
03-31-2004, 09:37 AM
sssshhh! As quite as it kept these undesireables haven't found their way to Parker (for the most part).We live in Havasu and own a mobile in Parker for this reason.Doesn't seem to be all the kaos there.Alot of regulars and alot of good people there for the same reason.good fun and good people.holiday weekends are a little wild but just doesn't seem to have all the bullshit that goes along with it.Don't get me wrong there are alot of good people that boat in Havasu also and alot of good times to be had there too.We also boat in Havasu,but for a good relaxing weekend with good people you can't beat Parker.Just ask any regular.

DUNDUN
03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
That's right, Parker is my favorite river spot, For many reasons, including the reasons Shadow mentioned, I like the mellow boater, Even though I do have a loud, obnoxious flattie. :D :D :D

DickDanger
03-31-2004, 07:42 PM
**** the channel, and **** Havasu.....-DD Out

Buff
03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
It's been my experience that trouble starts when guys without females get drunk and stupid and make moves for other guy's women. Nothing worse than when a pontoon full of drunk womenless losers pulls up. They are there to make everyone else as miserable as they are. They figure every female in a bikini wants to do them and dump the guy they are with. Here's the deal you stupid sticky stomach loosers - bring at least one female with you and if you don't - then wait for others to ask you to join in the party. Be polite - your arrogance and aggressiveness are nothing more than audio tattoos advertising what losers you are! buf

BIGAMIST
03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by DickDanger
**** the channel, and **** Havasu.....-DD Out
What a DICK:D :D :D

DickDanger
03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL, thanks Jeff......well, I DO like being upriver....but Havasu can suck my ass. See ya at CBBB!!! -DD Out

LHC Kirby
03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
LOL, thanks Jeff......well, I DO like being upriver....but Havasu can suck my ass. See ya at CBBB!!! -DD Out
Wow - way to show your Professional image on the boards! Where are you a volunteer at ? ?

BIGAMIST
03-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Hows Boise, Idaho treatin you?
Wow - way to show your Professional image on the boards! Where are you a volunteer at ? ?
Not a volunteer.
Do you sell vacums?

DickDanger
04-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Its alll good up here. There are some really sweet lakes around here, nice beaches, and the Snake River is just a 10 mile drive away. Cant say that I am hating life at the moment. Hows your ride runnin? -DD