PDA

View Full Version : Injector hat or Carbs?

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
Im building a motor and im still not sure which way i should go , please give input (540 26 cat)

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 09:51 AM
ooops 14-71 blower shop

burbanite
07-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Hat...

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 10:11 AM
HAT CARB
1 0

Hotcrusader76
07-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Injectors :D :::smackin' myself:::

superdave013
07-31-2003, 12:14 PM
If you go with an injector hat with mechanical injection good luck getting it to idle low enough to get in gear.

T-Bag
07-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Mechanical inj is not a real "lakable" setup I have a 523" chevy with an inj hat and it runs great but is also a dragboat so like I said it is not real lakable.

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 01:08 PM
T- bag,Thats what i have heard , injection is really good at wot, but not so good in-between.

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 01:11 PM
whats the deal with blower carbs? there so expensive. does anyone know where I could get a good deal on 1050s?

T-Bag
07-31-2003, 01:52 PM
A/OAL:
T- bag,Thats what i have heard , injection is really good at wot, but not so good in-between. Exactly there is no midrange circuit on inj like carbs have so it is either on or off. good luck on finding carbs.

revndave
07-31-2003, 02:16 PM
INJECTION HAT
I RUN A BIRDCATCHER.NO PROBLEMS.ITS BEEN ON MY LAKE BOAT FOR 2 YEARS NOW.IDLE GETS DOWN TO ABOUT 750RPM ON LOPE.I'VE RAN FROM AVI TO SANDBAR WITH IT NO PROBLEMS.ON OR OFF GAS IS A WIVES TAIL.I CRUISE BETWEEN 3000 AND 4000 RPM.YOU ALSO GOT TO TAKE IN TO EFFECT THE COOL FACTOR.10+ ON COOL FACTOR.

boatnam2
07-31-2003, 03:02 PM
you could get carbs but buy one of those chessy air breathers that look like a hat from pep boys!j/k

revndave
07-31-2003, 03:20 PM
I THINK THEY'RE CALLED STUPID HATS.

MAXIMUS
07-31-2003, 03:26 PM
What Revendave said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink :) :cool:

Craig
07-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Get the best of both worlds, get the hat that's set up for EFI. Course it'll cost you an arm and a leg :D For cost and simplicity, I'd go with the carbs! http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/ph2.jpg
[ July 31, 2003, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 05:09 PM
Well , it seems any way I go theres pros and cons..if its set up right it will be fine, the engine builder wants inj. He says it will be fine.........so I guess thats what i'll get. thanks everyone for there input .

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Revndave...thanks for input, it helps hearing someones input that has one, its just I dont see blown inj that often, and yes youre right 10+ on cool factor. I'll show pics as soon as I find out how to post them. ha ha ha.....

A/OAL
07-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Revndave...thanks for input, it helps hearing someones input that has one, its just I dont see blown inj that often, and yes youre right 10+ on cool factor. I'll show pics as soon as I find out how to post them. ha ha ha.....

GofastRacer
07-31-2003, 05:55 PM
A/OAL, Infomaniac pulls the kids on a tube with his blown alcohol dealio with a hat, no reason why it won't run at any speed, put one on you won't regret it!.. :cool: :cool:

superdave013
07-31-2003, 06:14 PM
A/OAL:
Revndave...thanks for input, it helps hearing someones input that has one, its just I dont see blown inj that often, and yes youre right 10+ on cool factor. I'll show pics as soon as I find out how to post them. ha ha ha..... I have one too. And used it on my lake boat (blown flat bottom). But Revndave has his in a jetboat.
You better catch that lope just right before you drop that bravo in gear. It could get real expensive if you're already breaking shit at idle. Those drives don't like shifing at fast idles.

burbanite
07-31-2003, 06:58 PM
Everyone here has good points, that's what I love about this end of the boards. :cool:
I was waiting for some of these guys to jump in and help out, lots of real knowledge right here.
I put my vote in for the injected set up, this was based on a number of things, simplicity being at the top of the list. A lot of people are afraid of mechanical injection because it is alien to them, that's understandable but not necessarily a good reason to not consider it as a viable system.
T-bag uses it to good effect in his drag boat, revndave has had nothing but good luck with it in his application, MAXIMUS agrees. GofastRacer has also loves it in his v drive.
superdave013 is correct in that it can be detrimental to an outdrive if the idle is too high, all of this comes down to setup, just as it does with carbs. craig, like me, would love to have the combination of efi efficiency and the ultra mega cool of the hat.
You can guarantee that there are far more carbed versions out there than injected, probably for a reason, personally, I'm not so sure that reason is justified. :p
No matter what you choose, it is all in the set up and I think all of us would love to hear about your progress regardless of which choice you make.

Sangster
07-31-2003, 07:09 PM
They have run Mechanical Alcohol injection on Sprint Cars for Ever.....They are on & off the peddle all the time without any hesitation...Electronic Injection sure is nice for tuning...Plug in the ole' laptop...Once a the Mechanical injection is setup...it's jest a matter of changing return pills.. :D :D :D

A/OAL
08-01-2003, 08:08 AM
once again, I want to thank everyone for there input, it makes it easier for me to move forward with inj. I just have one more question....what about the whole flame arrestor thing (having one)?

burbanite
08-01-2003, 12:09 PM
A/OAL:
once again, I want to thank everyone for there input, it makes it easier for me to move forward with inj. I just have one more question....what about the whole flame arrestor thing (having one)? Turn the hat backwards... :D
There is this but who the hell wants one ...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/61Filter.jpg

Blown 472
08-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Are you going to use this on a lake boat?? you going to put a primer system in it or carry a squirt bottle of gas with you to start it everytime?

A/OAL
08-01-2003, 01:31 PM
blown 472,
I usually go to the river but sometimes i just want to get it wet and i,ll shoot over to one of the lakes close to the pad. The engine builder plans to use a primer. its going in a 2600 american offshore.

revndave
08-01-2003, 03:17 PM
I'VE NEVER BEEN PULLED OVER FOR NO FLAME ARRESTER WITH THE HAT.TOO LOUD YES.CALL ENDERLE FOR BASE TUNE BEFORE DYNO.THEY'RE PRETTY CLOSE ON TUNE UP.GOOD LUCK

revndave
08-01-2003, 03:25 PM
http://***boat.com/image_center/data/520/686motor-med.JPG

Nstigator74
08-01-2003, 03:47 PM
As far as I'm concerned a supercharger is about the best "flame arrester" you can buy. You pretty much have to blow it off the motor to make fire. Just my .02

A/OAL
08-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Nstigator74:
As far as I'm concerned a supercharger is about the best "flame arrester" you can buy. You pretty much have to blow it off the motor to make fire. Just my .02 thats right and as far as i'm concerned the chiller is more of a flame arrestor than a flame arrestor ( thinking if that made sense) ha ha ha

burbanite
08-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Nstigator74:
As far as I'm concerned a supercharger is about the best "flame arrester" you can buy. You pretty much have to blow it off the motor to make fire. Just my .02 Absolutely!!!!
Unfortunately it's a little hard to explain to the "compliance nazi"..... :rolleyes:

Jrocket
08-01-2003, 06:28 PM
I would go with the hat and an EFI set up.Gary has done them,call here... GT Marine (http://gtmarine.com)

GofastRacer
08-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Yep, mechanical or EFI depending on what you want to spend, either one works bitchin! :cool: I like mechanical myself!.. :)

A/OAL
08-02-2003, 02:38 PM
well here we go...heads came in and bringing blower and heads to the engine builder today . I'll be ordering mech. inj. monday. wish me luck . almost figured out how to post pics, sending pics soon. thanks guys. jrocket wanted to go with efi set up but cant afford it.

GofastRacer
08-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Hey EFI is great but mechanical is just as efficient, you'll love it!.. :cool: :cool:

MAXIMUS
08-04-2003, 08:17 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/217engine_pic1-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/217engine_pic4-med.jpg

ColeTR1
08-04-2003, 04:03 PM
GO injection get a Birdcatcher not a Bugcatcher. The Birdcatcher has a better machined surface around the butterflies witch makes it easier to keep at different RPM’s. I have a bug catcher just touch the throttle and it is at red line. eek! If you know how they work they are simple, if you don’t be ready for a learning curve. Unlike carbs, injection has no accelerator pump, so you have to run the idle a little rich to keep it from going lean when you first give it gas. This means if you like to idle around a lot, bring lots of spark plugs with you. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/738boat1.jpg
This is who Enderle sent me to:
Rahph Gorr
Flowed Fuel Systems
23992 Plant Ave.
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
949-859-2359

MAXIMUS
08-04-2003, 06:30 PM
TR1 weren't you the guy I saw at the public ramp in parker sunday morning about a month ago? :confused:

superdave013
08-04-2003, 08:38 PM
You guys crack me up. I love my injector hat too. But I would like to see one pic of a mechanical injection set up that is inside the engine hatch of a 26' cat with a bravo outdrive.
Yeah they are great on v drives and jet boats. Even if you had a #6 drive. But having one in the type of boat this guy's building I don't know about that. Now if it's converted to efi I could see it.

MAXIMUS
08-05-2003, 06:40 AM
Dave I agree with you. Not outdrive friendly. My boat idles from 1000 to 2800 on the surge. I could emagine dropping it in gear! I think it would tear the damn thing off the back of the boat! If not the idling around would be enough to tear out the u joints etc...

Liberator TJ1984
08-05-2003, 07:27 AM
A/OAL:
whats the deal with blower carbs? there so expensive. does anyone know where I could get a good deal on 1050s? I am running 1050's right now wink if you don't like the hat set up maybe we can work a deal :confused:
good luck
Gopherrr

Boozer
08-05-2003, 03:33 PM
So how does mechanical injection work differently then a carb?
I am very familiar with EFI since thats all I have worked on. Carburetors are foreign language to me. I assume that the mechanical injection works similar to electrical but how do you monitor injector pulse width and duty cycles and all that other good stuff with mechanical like you do with efi?

Boozer
08-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Also, with the mechanical how many injectors do you run? Is it like a carburated injection type of deal or does each cylinder get it's own injector?

A/OAL
08-05-2003, 08:04 PM
okay found my pass word :) . what happen I was pretty convinced that injection was the way to go. First of all no COLE I dont want to bring extra spark plugs lol and Superdave youre right I havent seen a 26' cat with a inj. second one of the only reasons I even thought about inj was because the engine builder wanted to use it and after spending all the money for everything so far (building motor from scratch) it would have been cheeper (okay just alittle) to go inj. I guess i'll wait alittle longer and see what the out come is on this site.

A/OAL
08-05-2003, 08:07 PM
Liberator TJ1984:
A/OAL:
whats the deal with blower carbs? there so expensive. does anyone know where I could get a good deal on 1050s? I am running 1050's right now wink if you don't like the hat set up maybe we can work a deal :confused:
good luck
Gopherrr hey that sounds good ....but I dont have a hat to trade ha ha ha. trade ya for a stick of bubble gum. "no?" okay how about 2?

superdave013
08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Boozer:
So how does mechanical injection work differently then a carb?
I am very familiar with EFI since thats all I have worked on. Carburetors are foreign language to me. I assume that the mechanical injection works similar to electrical but how do you monitor injector pulse width and duty cycles and all that other good stuff with mechanical like you do with efi? It works nothing like EFI. No pulses, just fixed nozzles (above the blower, at the ports or both), a constant flow pump, a barrel valve and a few bypasses. Pretty much in a nut shell it's one step above cave man when you compare it to EFI. But if you race NHRA, IHRA, IHBA or out here the NJBA you can't run EFI so they've gotten pretty good at getting the flow right by using bypass systems that are all controlled off of throttle position and fuel pressure.
In closing in a drag race application I have never seen any other system have better throttle response then an injector hat. But boy will they fowl plugs if you idle them around.

Unchained
08-06-2003, 03:56 AM
superdave013
Pretty much in a nut shell it's one step above cave man when you compare it to EFI. But if you race NHRA, IHRA, IHBA or out here the NJBA you can't run EFI [/QB]Dave, I remember you mentioned this before. What santioning body do the turbo EFI imports run under?
I was planning on racing the new shingle soon but I guess it'll have to be local stuff like Blarney island.
It's been quite a learning curve for me tuning the new EFI setup. You never realize how many parameters an engine runs on until you have the ability to adjust them all yourself, while driving, with a computer in the seat next to you.
Mark

Boozer
08-06-2003, 04:41 AM
Unchained:
superdave013
Pretty much in a nut shell it's one step above cave man when you compare it to EFI. But if you race NHRA, IHRA, IHBA or out here the NJBA you can't run EFI Dave, I remember you mentioned this before. What santioning body do the turbo EFI imports run under?
I was planning on racing the new shingle soon but I guess it'll have to be local stuff like Blarney island.
It's been quite a learning curve for me tuning the new EFI setup. You never realize how many parameters an engine runs on until you have the ability to adjust them all yourself, while driving, with a computer in the seat next to you.
Mark [/QB]Turbo imports run under IDRC sanctioning so it's a little bit different. I use to race my car in IDRC events. They are leanient to some things but very strict towards others. Like the fact that you can no longer use street legal slicks in a street class race (one of the reasons I stopped racing).

MAXIMUS
08-06-2003, 07:08 AM
Ya know I use mine like a regular ski boat & idle through the keys etc... I have never fowled a plug in the last year & a half! I don't know why this has to be. I spent a short time dialing in my set up & I wouldn't trade it for carbs if you paid me! Not sure what the myth is but whatever... :confused:

superdave013
08-06-2003, 07:40 AM
MAXIMUS:
Ya know I use mine like a regular ski boat & idle through the keys etc... I have never fowled a plug in the last year & a half! I don't know why this has to be. I spent a short time dialing in my set up & I wouldn't trade it for carbs if you paid me! Not sure what the myth is but whatever... :confused: You're right. I'm sure I could have leaned out the idle a bit on mine too. But I had the blower set to kill (35% over) and wanted to have plenty of fuel in there when those butterflys were mashed opened. I did play with it quite a bit and it launched best when it was pretty fat at idle. Was not a big deal as it was pretty much race only. I did run it at the river too but with only a 5 gal fuel tank I wasn't driving around like a ski boat.

GofastRacer
08-06-2003, 08:02 AM
superdave013:
[QUOTE]. But boy will they fowl plugs if you idle them around. The only reason they foul plugs is because you have to run it fat for the REQUIRED SUPER COOL blower surge!!.. :D :D :D

superdave013
08-06-2003, 11:03 AM
GofastRacer:
superdave013:
[QUOTE]. But boy will they fowl plugs if you idle them around. The only reason they foul plugs is because you have to run it fat for the REQUIRED SUPER COOL blower surge!!.. :D :D :D No No, you have to run it fat because there is no accelerator pump. You better have some fuel in there when that 30psi of boost hits.

GofastRacer
08-06-2003, 11:19 AM
superdave013:
No No, you have to run it fat because there is no accelerator pump. You better have some fuel in there when that 30psi of boost hits. [/b][/QUOTE]
Nope, when you slam the throttle open, you are immediately into the main system, the idle part is closed, when you hit 30lbs you're you are on the main pill. You only need it fat enough not to stumble when you ease on the throttle. I see alot of guys that don't like the surge and run them smoothe and don't lean out. :)

superdave013
08-06-2003, 11:44 AM
GofastRacer:
superdave013:
No No, you have to run it fat because there is no accelerator pump. You better have some fuel in there when that 30psi of boost hits. Nope, when you slam the throttle open, you are immediately into the main system, the idle part is closed, when you hit 30lbs you're you are on the main pill. You only need it fat enough not to stumble when you ease on the throttle. I see alot of guys that don't like the surge and run them smoothe and don't lean out. :) [/b][/QUOTE]
Well I don't know about alot of other guys I just know about the set up that I ran. It left much harder when it had some fuel at idle. I still have all the stuff from when Gorr flowed it. At 1,000 rpm the fuel pressure was pretty low. At 7,500 it was around 300psi. It would build blower boost must faster then fuel pressure. That's why I had it fat at idle.
With the barrel set at 30% leak it did idle better. At 40%+ leak I had better time slips.

boatnam2
08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
a/aol svo540 is running injection on his 26ft cat.just seen a pic of it today somewhere.

MAXIMUS
08-06-2003, 03:18 PM
I had to do just a little more than adjust the barrel valve to make mine a driver. Springs & shims in the bypass, finess the throttle linkage so I didn't get whiplash every time I hit the gas, & very good priming system that was dialed in with home made jets & psi adjustments. Like I said it starts with out any effort & runs like a dream. Nice surge & excellerates ok too! wink

superdave013
08-06-2003, 03:20 PM
MAXIMUS:
I had to do just a little more than adjust the barrel valve to make mine a driver. Springs & shims in the bypass, finess the throttle linkage so I didn't get whiplash every time I hit the gas, & very good priming system that was dialed in with home made jets & psi adjustments. Like I said it starts with out any effort & runs like a dream. Nice surge & excellerates ok too! wink I know you set up's very trick. I hope to see it in person at the CBBB.

boatnam2
08-06-2003, 03:22 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/168PICT0447-med.JPG

superdave013
08-06-2003, 03:23 PM
boatnam2:
a/aol svo540 is running injection on his 26ft cat.just seen a pic of it today somewhere. His is an EFI system. Pretty sure GT did it. That set up cost some major coin.
GT quoted me over 6K to convert my hat. Needless to say it didn't get converted.

MAXIMUS
08-06-2003, 03:28 PM
I wont be at the CBBB unfourtunatly however I will be attending the v-drive event in september! :)

boatnam2
08-06-2003, 03:28 PM
that is some serious coinsd.i think a/aol is going to have more of a problem getting a 1471 to fit and that will end up being his biggest problem.

GofastRacer
08-06-2003, 08:00 PM
superdave013:
Well I don't know about alot of other guys I just know about the set up that I ran. It left much harder when it had some fuel at idle. I still have all the stuff from when Gorr flowed it. At 1,000 rpm the fuel pressure was pretty low. At 7,500 it was around 300psi. It would build blower boost must faster then fuel pressure. That's why I had it fat at idle.
With the barrel set at 30% leak it did idle better. At 40%+ leak I had better time slips. [/b][/QUOTE]
Well that explains why the fat idle, with the low pressure at idle you had to have more volume and depending on how quick the pump built up pressure as rpm came up, you had to have enough volume to compensate. He probably set it up that way to be on the safe side and you wouldn't have to worry about leaning out on different weather conditions since you were using it for a river toy too!..

GofastRacer
08-06-2003, 08:02 PM
MAXIMUS:
I wont be at the CBBB unfourtunatly however I will be attending the v-drive event in september! :) Looking forward to meetin ya at Red Rock in September!... :cool:

MAXIMUS
08-07-2003, 06:23 AM
GofastRacer:
MAXIMUS:
I wont be at the CBBB unfourtunatly however I will be attending the v-drive event in september! :) Looking forward to meetin ya at Red Rock in September!... :cool: Yea that should be a great time! :)

Blown 472
08-07-2003, 07:25 AM
superdave013:
GofastRacer:
superdave013:
[QUOTE]. But boy will they fowl plugs if you idle them around. The only reason they foul plugs is because you have to run it fat for the REQUIRED SUPER COOL blower surge!!.. :D :D :D No No, you have to run it fat because there is no accelerator pump. You better have some fuel in there when that 30psi of boost hits. 30 psi and 7500 rpm? that musta been one bad ass boat.

GofastRacer
08-07-2003, 07:33 AM
MAXIMUS:
GofastRacer:
MAXIMUS:
I wont be at the CBBB unfourtunatly however I will be attending the v-drive event in september! :) Looking forward to meetin ya at Red Rock in September!... :cool: Yea that should be a great time! :) It will, you won't regret it!.. :cool:

superdave013
08-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Blown 472:
superdave013:
GofastRacer:
superdave013:
[QUOTE]. But boy will they fowl plugs if you idle them around. The only reason they foul plugs is because you have to run it fat for the REQUIRED SUPER COOL blower surge!!.. :D :D :D No No, you have to run it fat because there is no accelerator pump. You better have some fuel in there when that 30psi of boost hits. 30 psi and 7500 rpm? that musta been one bad ass boat. lol, that boat ran through the lights at around 8,800 rpm. It did ok at the river too. But it sure would drink the VP C-16 quick!
Here is a pic of my not outdrive friendly engine.
Sold the boat (mistake) but kept the engine.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48jpnengine1.jpg

GofastRacer
08-07-2003, 09:08 AM
superdave013:
Sold the boat (mistake) but kept the engine.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48jpnengine1.jpg If you're tired of that hunk a shit laying around, I have TWO spots that it would fit in perfectly!!... :D :D :D

Jbb
08-07-2003, 09:30 AM
If there is a better look to a performance engine than Blown and Injected ...I have not seen it!!! :D :D

A/OAL
08-07-2003, 11:02 AM
boatnam2:
that is some serious coinsd.i think a/aol is going to have more of a problem getting a 1471 to fit and that will end up being his biggest problem. I spoke to Ed over at a/o and he tells me that it would fit. I guess only time will tell.

superdave013
08-07-2003, 11:20 AM
A/OAL:
boatnam2:
that is some serious coinsd.i think a/aol is going to have more of a problem getting a 1471 to fit and that will end up being his biggest problem. I spoke to Ed over at a/o and he tells me that it would fit. I guess only time will tell. A friend of mine has a 26' AO and he has a BBC with an intercooled 14-71 with two 1050 carbs on it. It fits in his. An injector hat would not be as tall as the carbs, carb plate and spark arrestors.

boatnam2
08-07-2003, 02:24 PM
let me know when you need me to bring over the sawzall to notch the back of the boat.

Dave C
08-08-2003, 07:49 AM
Anyone know which EFI kit would work good for an outdrive setup with a big blower, say 1071 +?
Superdave. you said $6,000 for EFI kit? is that right? If so, sounds good to me.
so far I haven't had any luck. I have looked at Delco, Holley, etc. I don't want mechanical.
I was looking at the Delco MPI but that tops out at 800 hp. (may not be enough room to grow!) It doesn't look like that was engineered for big blowers.

superdave013
08-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Dave C:
Anyone know which EFI kit would work good for an outdrive setup with a big blower, say 1071 +?
Superdave. you said $6,000 for EFI kit? is that right? If so, sounds good to me.
so far I haven't had any luck. I have looked at Delco, Holley, etc. I don't want mechanical.
I was looking at the Delco MPI but that tops out at 800 hp. (may not be enough room to grow!) It doesn't look like that was engineered for big blowers. Talk to Gary Teauge @ GT mairne. I think they are in Upland, CA
Also Chief Engines in Fla has some bad ass EFI systems that go to 1,400 hp.

Jbb
08-08-2003, 08:32 AM
BDS has one also

Lookin for Liquid
08-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Here's what you do Bro. I can see your kind of sittin on the fence with this one. Swing by BAE and ask for whoever, then get your ckbook out and write one that will have a lot of zero's on it. Make sure you bring at least a 3/4 ton truck as those 565 hemi's are heavy with the billet heads. Then get your buddy Darrin to help you adapting it to the Bravo drive. No need for anodizing cause it aint goin to be in there long. Make sure the hat and lines are tight and go up river. It should be fine.

cal***boat
08-22-2003, 04:49 AM
Run the Hat

blown540flattie
08-24-2003, 04:39 PM
A hat is the only way to go!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/1004IM000643-med.JPG
[ August 24, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: blown540flattie ]

GofastRacer
08-24-2003, 08:26 PM
blown540flattie:
A hat is the only way to go!!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/1004IM000643-med.JPG Most defenitly!!.. :cool: :cool: :D :D

J540
09-13-2003, 04:30 PM
572ci buzzard inj, 1000 rpm to 7000.needles to london bridge all day long well 2x then got to refuel 80gal dont last long :D :D ouch :mad: every weekend. but efi the way to go turn key 750rpm idle. have some pic's if you want of this efi set up he's afriend of mine and he's at havasu every 3 weeks.26 DCB CAT.

Unchained
09-14-2003, 05:37 AM
Dave C:
Here's what I got into my "do it yourself EFI system"
HALTECH E6K ECU 973.00
TERMINATED HARNESS 128.00
CONNECTOR KIT 66.00
3 BAR MAP SENSOR 96.00
TRIM POT 48.00
TAX 78.66
______
TOTAL 1389.66
Add to this the eight 160 lb injectors that I paid $750 for.
Two throttle bodies that I paid $ 100 / ea for.
One TPS that cost me $ 45.
Aeromotive belt driven fuel pump $ 409.00
Fuel pressure regulator $ 125.00
I had to machine the holes in the intake manifold and weld in the injector bungs and make two fuel rails.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/220DSC01623-med.JPG
And add to that the weeks I spent learning how to use the fuel maps.
[ September 15, 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Unchained ]

J540
09-15-2003, 09:01 PM
Lookin for Liquid:
Here's what you do Bro. I can see your kind of sittin on the fence with this one. Swing by BAE and ask for whoever, then get your ckbook out and write one that will have a lot of zero's on it. Make sure you bring at least a 3/4 ton truck as those 565 hemi's are heavy with the billet heads. Then get your buddy Darrin to help you adapting it to the Bravo drive. No need for anodizing cause it aint goin to be in there long. Make sure the hat and lines are tight and go up river. It should be fine. NOW thats what iam talk'n about.get them ball's of the mantel and GO BRO, there's a post,a few back showing that cat with efi,yes GT,perf,set it up.I sold him the blower 14-71 and made an adapter plate for injector and sold him one of my intercoolers.this this efi in this boat works unbelievably awesome. it was 7000.for the EFI, not alot for what he got.yes you can do alot your self,to save a little.but when you get it put together take it to some one like GT to get it going. ok 6000 to get all parts.and still have to beat your head on the wall putting it together. when for an extra 1000.all said'n done.an working idea
[ September 15, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: J540 ]

Lookin for Liquid
09-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Al....Did you and Darrin go get that Hemi yet?
What's takin so long.

carreraboat
10-05-2003, 05:30 AM
check this out enderl has an efi set up now
http://ez-efi.com
[ October 05, 2003, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: carreraboat ]

Dave C
10-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks Unchained.
I was looking at the autronic system.
You parts look like about $3,000.
It looks likes its worth the money.