PDA

View Full Version : New floor question for Morg

frantic rat
03-30-2004, 07:03 AM
Morg, Rat here. Started sanding this weekend. What type of epoxy resin did you use? What about the filler for straighlinning?
Wolfy

Morg
03-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Rat,
I found the "Marine Epoxy Resin" worked the best. with a slow cure, & it has more of a clear finish than laminating resin.
I ground down with an angle grinder until I hit mat. Then straight line sanded the entire deal. It needs to be flat, the venier is pretty rigid.
I just flowed the floor, Turned out awsome. I would have done a few things different if I were to do it again.
I will pm you my number. I may be able to help you save some steps.
Morg.

frantic rat
03-30-2004, 07:15 AM
Would be great to talk, now that I'm getting started. Did you grind the stress cracks down to the original mat?

Morg
03-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Yup,
Went as deep as I dared to get the cracks out. Most of them were in the original flow coat. ounce I got down to the mat, I only had a couple by the stringers that required a little more removal, filled those back up with laminating resin & cloth.
Let me know if you don't get the pm.
Morg.

frantic rat
03-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Haven't seen the PM yet. Being a newbee and all, I wonder if I'm checking in the right spot?
Dumb Rat

Morg
03-30-2004, 07:45 AM
You should get a pop-up when it comes in. If not check you profile to make sure PM's are enabled.
Just sent again