PDA

View Full Version : anyone a fish lover

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 09:38 AM
I have a male beta that seems to create bubbles and forms them together in one corner of his tank, anyone know why????:confused:

Chase
03-31-2004, 09:44 AM
He is saving them in case there is an air shortage later....:D

carbonmarine
03-31-2004, 09:47 AM
I do.
He is getting horny & creating a spawning cover ....or just creating cover ..... He should be situated directly under the canopy of bubbles most of the time ..... its offers protection.
Rick32 :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-31-2004, 09:51 AM
this is true. the males make the bubbles and wait for a mate. it is normal i have two that do the same thing. I thought the water was dirty but it was just them waiting. :D

Freak
03-31-2004, 09:59 AM
yep get him a female. if they like each other they will spawn he then will take the eggs off the bottom of the tank and put them in the bubble nest to guard

Craig
03-31-2004, 10:00 AM
My wife has some of those fish at work. She said he's building a nest with the bubbles. The female apparently deposits her fertilized eggs on the floor of the tank and than the male takes them to the "nest" where they stay until they hatch.

Blown 472
03-31-2004, 10:02 AM
I have three pakos that are some sketchy ass fish, a tinfoil barb and algee eater, they dont make bubbles but knock the damn heater loose all the time. fockers.

78Eliminator
03-31-2004, 10:07 AM
Blown, you know that a Pako, is basically a piranah with no teeth, right?

Blown 472
03-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Blown, you know that a Pako, is basically a piranah with no teeth, right?
Yup, and the little ****ers sit at the end of the tank eye balling me while I am on my pc, I think they are thinking I am a big ol steak and should get in the tank with them.

78Eliminator
03-31-2004, 10:15 AM
My friend has Piranahs, they are actually really boring, that is, until feeding time :D

Blown 472
03-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
My friend has Piranahs, they are actually really boring, that is, until feeding time :D
True dat, these fish go nuts when I feed them. They love pellets.

Phat Matt
03-31-2004, 10:17 AM
I love fish. Lemon peppered, blackened, or battered with tartar sauce or just raw. I think I'll have sushi for lunch today! yummy.

Danhercules
03-31-2004, 10:33 AM
Went fishin at South Fork Santa Ana River, in Big Bear, I cought 9 Rainbow trout. My wife cought one. Hers was a Trouser Trout!!:D

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 10:37 AM
where do I find a female and don't you have to remove the eggs when they hatch and the female as well. I dont mind getting him some lovin but I don't want a dead female or babies in the tank......

Mandelon
03-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Don't worry he'll eat the young, and keep the female around as a sex slave.....:D

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 10:57 AM
lovely,,,, I really dont mind mating the fish just someone tell me how PLEASE. Although not all women have a problem with being a sex slave (me for example) I'm ready all the time for my mr.

Danhercules
03-31-2004, 11:05 AM
I use to breed Mollys, You could tell they were prego, and put them in the little tank, and BOOM. Tons of little ones, then take Mama out and ler the babys grow.
Mollys give live birth, no eggs. I dont know bout Betas. Sorry.
Put a mirror next to the tank and watch him attack it. Dont do it too long, cause he will kill himself.

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 11:25 AM
I used to raise mollys also,,,they were great fish, I have a 45gal at home with a mix of tropical fish, and I have a 1gal at work with the beta. I know nothing about them except that the females really have no color at all and the males eat everything!!

Blown 472
03-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by mrsdrmr
lovely,,,, I really dont mind mating the fish just someone tell me how PLEASE. Although not all women have a problem with being a sex slave (me for example) I'm ready all the time for my mr.
Got any sisters?

topless
03-31-2004, 11:28 AM
lovely,,,, I really dont mind mating the fish just someone tell me how PLEASE. Although not all women have a problem with being a sex slave (me for example) I'm ready all the time for my mr. I'm thinking you just want to watch them have sex!:confused:

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Now topless, lets not be hasty, of course I want to watch (JK) Actually, I found out how to breed, now I just need to find the female. He constructs the bubble nest, entices the female, he squeezes her to make her drop eggs, you must then remove the female or he will kill her. He then takes the eggs to the nest and waits for them to hatch, you have to keep them in there for four days then remove the babies. once you determine if the babies are male or female. You can put the females together in one container but the males must be kept apart......THE END

Blown 472
03-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Now topless, lets not be hasty, of course I want to watch (JK) Actually, I found out how to breed, now I just need to find the female. He constructs the bubble nest, entices the female, he squeezes her to make her drop eggs, you must then remove the female or he will kill her. He then takes the eggs to the nest and waits for them to hatch, you have to keep them in there for four days then remove the babies. once you determine if the babies are male or female. You can put the females together in one container but the males must be kept apart......THE END
Hummm sounds like the fish have it right, do the nasty, kill her so you dont have to cuddle or talk or listen to her shit.;) :p

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Blown,,you just haven't found the right person yet, and I do have a sister but she is married also and her and I are very opposite in the way we think,,I don't think she would work out for you either.;)

topless
03-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Hummm sounds like the fish have it right, do the nasty, kill her so you dont have to cuddle or talk or listen to her shit.;) :p You are just afraid she'll put her feet on you.

Blown 472
03-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Blown,,you just haven't found the right person yet, and I do have a sister but she is married also and her and I are very opposite in the way we think,,I don't think she would work out for you either.;)
Dang.

HCS
03-31-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Dang.
I know one or two you could bang and kill.

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 12:20 PM
I want to visit that place....can I.. can I.. can I huh,,,please!!

Mandelon
03-31-2004, 12:44 PM
NIce! Can you please call my wife and explain to her how it works...I spend a lot of time being ready.......:rolleyes:

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 01:23 PM
I'd be more than happy to cll her for you, however the problem is some women get it and some don't. I was lucky enough to be this way, I love sex, and I am always ready, I don't mind quickies and don't minds experimenting. It's all good. I trust my Mr. and that helps alot in this area as well. I don't like to hear the stories about how before men are married they get it all the time and when they get married they don't anymore. I don't get that. :confused: :confused:

HCS
03-31-2004, 01:29 PM
I'd be more than happy to cll her for you, however the problem is some women get it and some don't. I was lucky enough to be this way, I love sex, and I am always ready, I don't mind quickies and don't minds experimenting. It's all good. I trust my Mr. and that helps alot in this area as well. I don't like to hear the stories about how before men are married they get it all the time and when they get married they don't anymore. I don't get that. :confused: :confused:
Good girl. That's the way it should be. If it's luck, I got it too.:D

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 01:36 PM
awww two happy men in the world...or at least on the forums

Danhercules
03-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Make that 3!!:)

Mandelon
03-31-2004, 02:13 PM
Name the food that when eaten only once mysteriously extinguishes a woman's sex drive.............:D

topless
03-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Name the food that when eaten only once mysteriously extinguishes a woman's sex drive.............:D
small dick:D

dimarcobros
03-31-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by topless
LMAO!!! That is some funny shit.
DMB

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by topless
Holy Crap topless, I could'nt have said it better

Danhercules
03-31-2004, 02:34 PM
The flowers on the wedding cake. They are deadly to a womans sex drive!!

MsDrmr
03-31-2004, 02:36 PM
I take then DAN according to you, topless was incorrect? I just dont understand, usually eating the flowers on the wedding cake kills the mans appatite, ya know with the extra 5lbs it adds. ;) :pigfly:

Danhercules
03-31-2004, 02:51 PM
Well, its not what Topless says, I know that for a fact!! :frown: I am just glad I was gifted with one hell of a tounge!!:D

Mandelon
03-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
The answer is: Wedding Cake.
Topless. Please tell us about the small dick you ate....

LaveyJet
03-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
this is true. the males make the bubbles and wait for a mate. it is normal i have two that do the same thing. I thought the water was dirty but it was just them waiting. :D
Hmmmm make bubbles and wait for a mate :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860post-7-1060969237-med.jpg

Ryphraph
03-31-2004, 08:08 PM
We have a couple of bettas for the kids. Usually females are sold with a matching male as a set. A bubble nest can also mean a happy fish.
Here is a good site about them with a lot of breeding info...
Betta Talk (http://www.bettatalk.com)
Ryph