PDA

View Full Version : havasu home contractors?

prosthogod
03-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Can anyone help with the names of good contractors to build our Havasu house. I know there's a ton out there, and we have talked to a number already. alot are full of crap. ~2100 sqft. and~$85-90 per ft. Thanks:D

al cole'holic
03-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by prosthogod
Can anyone help with the names of good contractors to build our Havasu house. I know there's a ton out there, and we have talked to a number already. alot are full of crap. ~2100 sqft. and~$85-90 per ft. Thanks:D
DBU is right around that price for a 2045 sq' 3 bedroom with a casita room up front..

welk2party
03-31-2004, 12:17 PM
That seems awfully low per sq. ft.

Sun burners
03-31-2004, 12:22 PM
DBU is building ours!
Stop in and give them a try.

Mr.Havasu
03-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Have you looked into dreager yet? I just sold Force26 one of their homes and it is a beautiful Santa Fe style.
I can mail you a book/pamplet listing all the home builders in town with their model address and contact numbers if you PM me your address.
Michele

al cole'holic
03-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
Have you looked into dreager yet? I just sold Force26 one of their homes and it is a beautiful Santa Fe style.
I can mail you a book/pamplet listing all the home builders in town with their model address and contact numbers if you PM me your address.
Michele
..what kind of listings do you have an eye on??

Kachina26
03-31-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by warlock25
Michele Looks like I missed out on a hell of a dinner! I shoulda waited and sat with you guys!

Essex502
03-31-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by prosthogod
Stop by River Valley Mortgage and get a copy of their Model Home Guide. It lists most if not all of the builders that have model homes for viewing.
We used Summit as our builder for the first vacation house and have engaged them for the second one as well. They have a couple of very nice models on Mulberry on the south side. The Regal model is 1981 sq. ft. I think and priced at $165K on your lot. That's about $83/sq.ft. Lots of upgrades included in that price.

TrojanDan
03-31-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Sun burners
DBU is building ours!
Stop in and give them a try.
DBU built mine also. Completed it by the date they stated before they even started construction! :D :cool:
Went thru River Valley Mortgage for the construction and permanent financing.

Mr.Havasu
03-31-2004, 06:26 PM
River Valley Mortgage printed the book I was going to mail to Him. It does pretty much include all the builders in town. The problem is he has his own plans and not are builders are custom builders. It also cost more to have a custom home built than one they have already done several times.
How married are you to your own plans? Have you viewed some of the models in town? There are some pretty nice ones that should come in under your budget.

Mr.Havasu
03-31-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Looks like I missed out on a hell of a dinner! I shoulda waited and sat with you guys!
We had an awesome meal! I didn't realize you didn't eat, you should had joined us we had more room at our table. The drunks in the back of the room were getting a little loud, but hey, it's havasu on a Saturday night during spring break :D

LHC Kirby
03-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Verde Homes built mine - two months late and HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION... WOULD NOT return phone calls. I caught problems during construction, and had to fight to get them fixed.
I WOULD NOT USE THEM AGAIN.
However - Countrywide Mortgage was great for our financing.

eljefe
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
Burns Builders built ours 4 years ago - on-time and on-budget with no BS. Joe Burns has been building in town for a long time.

Essex502
04-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by LHC Kirby
Verde Homes built mine - two months late and HORRIBLE COMMUNICATION... WOULD NOT return phone calls. I caught problems during construction, and had to fight to get them fixed.
I WOULD NOT USE THEM AGAIN.
However - Countrywide Mortgage was great for our financing.
I've been told by several sources to stay well away from Verde.

Garrddogg
04-01-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Looks like I missed out on a hell of a dinner! I shoulda waited and sat with you guys!
kachina 26, I told you I wanted to buy you dinner for hookin me & my family with a room for the weekend,(next time) the steak i had was prolly the best ever!! I am also told I should be popping out of the mold any day now.And Michelle (Worlock25) thanks for all your help that weekend.
Anyway I cant wait to be able to spend more time out there.
I talked to Jeramy @ Kachina and im expecting graphics ay minuite now....
( Man I feel like a kid again waitin to go to disneyland )
Force

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-01-2004, 10:01 AM
G. Oxley built my house and he was outstanding. always returned my calls and was at the job site alot. i give him all stars.Also he was the only builder that give me plans on my house before i even have gave him a dime. everyone else wanted 300-500 for them to make any type of plans.

prosthogod
04-01-2004, 10:54 AM
We are kinda married to the plans because of the lot shape and we are biulding it with another family so ti is a 2 master plan. It works. DBU has come up a number of times and we are already talking to them. I was just looking to get a couple of competative bids.