PDA

View Full Version : A Very Sad Day --- Please Read

cal***boat
03-31-2004, 05:59 PM
As I sit here typing with tears in my eyes it's hard to put into words just what it is like to loose a life long friend.
Last friday morning i got a phone call from my friends wife telling me that her husband Eric had passed away. Eric was fighting Colon Cancer and he lost his life within a short period of only 9 months. He was 56 years old
Not very many people here on the boards ever met Eric but if you did meet him you would remember him for the rest of your life.
Eric Grundstrom was involved with the APBA Super Stock & GN boats many years ago and had just gotten back in the drivers seat a few years ago in the APBA Region 11 Sport C class boats. Eric was the 2002 APBA National & Region 11 High Points Champion.
The Funeral services were conducted today In Petaluma, Calif. for Eric and it was very heartbreaking for me and all of his close friends that were there but Eric is in a better place now and my prayers are with him and his family.
In closing this post I pray to God that none of my new friends that I have meet here on the boards will ever have to go thruogh what Eric did with his battle against cancer.
Please go to your doctors on a regular basis because just maybe if Eric did they could have found his Cancer early enough and he would still be with us.
GOD BLESS

FMluvswater
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a close friend hurts the same as losing a family member ... love is love. May God see you and Eric's family and other friends through this sad time. Let your friends be there for you. Take care. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Respectfully,
~FM

NashvilleBound
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
NB

v-drive
03-31-2004, 06:11 PM
I am sorry for your loss.
v-drive

mbrown2
03-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Sorry to hear the news....:(

Mr.Havasu
03-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Hang in there,
Your family and friends will get you through this. Time will heal the pain and soon when you think of Eric you will remember the good times not the bad.
Take care
Warlock25

RiverKitty
03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a close friend hurts the same as losing a family member ... love is love. May God see you and Eric's family and other friends through this sad time. Let your friends be there for you. Take care. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Respectfully,
~FM
I'll second that.
My sincerest condolences to Eric's Family & Friends. :(
Much Love & God Bless ~RK

FastTimmy
03-31-2004, 06:19 PM
My condolences and thank you for sharing that with us. Cancer seems to be a big problem with us gear heads..
Timmy

syke-o
03-31-2004, 06:25 PM
my condolences as well...

victorfb
03-31-2004, 06:46 PM
no i havnt met Eric, but i wish i had. sorry to hear the tradgic news. my prayers go out to you and Eric's family.

lovemyultra
03-31-2004, 06:59 PM
this is bad news indeed I hope you and his family make it through these hard times ok

Debbolas
03-31-2004, 07:01 PM
I am sorry for your trouble.
Live life to the fullest
when ever you can

Her454
03-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Dave, I am truly sorry for your loss.
Traci

Mrs. Restless22
03-31-2004, 07:27 PM
He sounds like a wonderful man....may god bless him :(
And my prayers go out to you and his family

THOR
03-31-2004, 07:49 PM
my condolences to you and the family. I am sorry.

Flying Tiger
03-31-2004, 08:01 PM
Bad New,, Sorry for your pain.
Sounds like he wouldnt have traded places with anyone and loved life to the fullest, and everyones life was better that he was part of.
The world has lost a teriffic person.

MagicMtnDan
03-31-2004, 08:03 PM
My condolences to you and Eric's family. Sounds like he was a great buy and friend. It's tragic to lose someone so young.

C-2
03-31-2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss, glad to hear about the great times you shared.
I can relate, I lost my bestfriend since childhood at the age of 31.
Godspeed to your friend.

phebus
03-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your sad story with us. If it results in just one person getting early detection by getting a check up, it was definitely worth the heartache it took to compose it.

sam pioske
03-31-2004, 08:12 PM
Sorry for the For your bud My dad died of that NOT good God bless!! Sam

dicudmore
03-31-2004, 08:31 PM
my condolonces to family and friends....

Tom Brown
03-31-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm sorry, CHB. :(

Mrs Luvnlife
03-31-2004, 08:50 PM
Our sincere condolences are with you all, sorry to hear that.
The Luvnlife's

welk2party
03-31-2004, 08:53 PM
I lost my mother to cancer at to young and age as well. I am sorry for your loss.

cal***boat
03-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Everyone THANK YOU so very much for your kind words, Eric will be missed by many. But please everyone keep on top of your health and take care of your body. YOU only have the one God gave you.
I myself have had Diabetes for 32 years now and my health is slowly going down hill from the complecations of having Diabetes for so many years.
Many of my friends thought I would never make it this far along in life because of my lifestyle (Lots of drinking) but I proved them wrong by changing my lifestyle and taking better care of myself.
The main reason for this post was to tell everyone to PLEASE take care of yourself and enjoy a long healthy live

cal***boat
03-31-2004, 10:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/246eric.gif
This was Eric in his little Sport C race boat taking the win @ Marysville, Calif

FasterPussyCat
04-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by cal***boat
Everyone THANK YOU so very much for your kind words, Eric will be missed by many. But please everyone keep on top of your health and take care of your body. YOU only have the one God gave you.
I myself have had Diabetes for 32 years now and my health is slowly going down hill from the complecations of having Diabetes for so many years.
Many of my friends thought I would never make it this far along in life because of my lifestyle (Lots of drinking) but I proved them wrong by changing my lifestyle and taking better care of myself.
The main reason for this post was to tell everyone to PLEASE take care of yourself and enjoy a long healthy live
very sorry to hear about your friend cal***boat
cancer is a real bad thing and it can take any of us at any time
colon cancer has a 90% cure rate if it is caught early so it is important for people to get a check up
i just had my colonoscopy done last year which was no big deal to have done and they did find a few small pulips which turned out to be non cancerous
i was very lucky to have them found early
i will say here the same thing cal***boat is saying
get a check up and stay on top of your health
we only have one life to live and lets live it to its fullest
cal***boats post should be pinned at the top for all of us to read over and over again to remind us about getting check ups and keeping healthy
god bless all who have read and posted on this subject

HCS
04-01-2004, 08:58 AM
Sorry about your friend.
A guy I worked with had colon cancer, it took him down just as
fast. Early detection is the cure.:(

Lakeshow
04-01-2004, 10:26 AM
A sad day indeed - please accept my condolences.

MR FLYIN VEE
04-01-2004, 12:16 PM
we are so sorry to hear of your loss. This is a sad day indeed. may you and his family be blessed with his fond memories.
We all may have lost a great man here on earth , but heaven now has a great man to help look upon us and ours.
God bless everyone and live life to the fullest. It can be taken away from you at anytime. GOD BLESS.
Mr and Mrs flyin vee ( jamie and charmaine) ;)
P.S if there is anything we can do to help out his family or you in anyway. Please let us know. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-01-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry the post under mr vee was me. but I wanted to know if there is going to be anything set up for the kids or any of his family can we get an address so we can contribute what they will need. Like to help out with finances or even help out for holidays. anything really. thanks.;)

ITS ALL GOOD
04-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with and yours.

cal***boat
04-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
I'm sorry the post under mr vee was me. but I wanted to know if there is going to be anything set up for the kids or any of his family can we get an address so we can contribute what they will need. Like to help out with finances or even help out for holidays. anything really. thanks.;)
Eric's family is taking things as well as excepted with thier loss of Eric.
Any donations that any board members would like to make should be sent to the American Cancer Society on behalf of Eric Grundstrom and his family.
Below is a link to the A.C.S. donation web page.
American Cancer Society (https://www.cancer.org/asp/donate/don_multi_donate.asp?navToScreen=don_1)
Only time will heal the loss of one of the best friends I ever had the pleasure of knowing.
His memory will live on it my heart forever and all the good times we had.
Once again Thank You for all your replys.
God Bless
Dave

NastyOne
04-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Its times like these that make you realize the important things in life like friends and family. Nothing in life would be fun or worth while if you did not have someone to share it with. I'm sure Eric will be missed and in the long run this will make you a stronger person.

HARDIN18
04-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Sorry for your loss. God bless. He is in a better place.

fat rat
04-02-2004, 03:40 AM
I feel your pain and I'm sorry for your loss. I recntly lost a friend and a nieghbor of 15 years. We both enjoyed a lot of the same things and I know I'll probally never have another nieghbor/friend like him.

cal***boat
04-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by fat rat
I feel your pain and I'm sorry for your loss. I recntly lost a friend and a nieghbor of 15 years. We both enjoyed a lot of the same things and I know I'll probally never have another nieghbor/friend like him.
It,s really hard to lose someone that you have known for so long.