PDA

View Full Version : Buying a vehicle from eBay...

leibniz
04-01-2004, 08:42 AM
anyone ever done it? Is the $$$ savings worth the extra obvious risk? Comments?
Thanks.

78Eliminator
04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
I would never buy anything, sight unseen. If you are going to spend thousands, I would go take a look before you bid. I noticed that cars go cheap on e-bay. I have no idea why, but they do. If you want to sell a car, boat or truck, do it in the trader, if you want to buy, do it on e-bay. Just don't buy anything you have not seen in person. How many times have you looked at a picture in the auto trader, then showed up and the car was a junker? Happened to me several times. A picture might say a thousand words, but some times the words are deceptive....

Outnumbered
04-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by leibniz
anyone ever done it? Is the $$$ savings worth the extra obvious risk? Comments?
Thanks.
Sold a 10k car on e-bay and my Travel Trailer. Both were very smooth. As far as buying--only buy from a very well established seller. The good ones will give you 20-30 high res pictures and will have near 100% feedback with at least 100 customers. In that case I would not worry too much. Best bet would be to buy a late model still under warranty and be sure to run CARFAX on the VIN. Ask a lot of questions.
OL

HCS
04-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Personally I like www.carmax.com they have quality used cars.
Part of my job is to sell stuff (junk) on ebay. I wouldn't buy a
car on ebay. Just my opinion. Agree with 78.

ROZ
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
One of my dad's clients bought an S class Mercedez online... He saved a grip. He paid a mobile Mercedes mechanic in Florida to get the good bill of health go ahead and had it transported after he won the bid... Got exactly what he wanted..