PDA

View Full Version : Advantage

Teach75
08-07-2001, 02:57 PM
Has anyone had experience with running high power in an Advantage 22' Citation closed bow. Thinking about adding a blower to my 502MPI. Can the hull handle at higher speeds? What kind of performance can be expected? Also, what are good props to run with this hull configuration? Bravos? Hydromotives?

B-rad502
08-07-2001, 07:12 PM
Sorry, I don't have any info on a blower engine in that boat, but I do have a question for you. We were really close to buying that same boat last year. How do you like it? What kind of (gps) speeds are you seeing with that set-up? Thanks.
Originally posted by Teach75:
Has anyone had experience with running high power in an Advantage 22' Citation closed bow. Thinking about adding a blower to my 502MPI. Can the hull handle at higher speeds? What kind of performance can be expected? Also, what are good props to run with this hull configuration? Bravos? Hydromotives?

Teach75
08-07-2001, 07:47 PM
B-Rad502,
I really like the Advantage. It is a straight vee with no steps, pad, or notch, and it performs very well. On GPS, we usually saw an honest 71mph at about 5050 rpm. I was turning a 24" Hydromotive 4-blade. Only modifications are Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds and risers. To be honest, we actually just recently did have a Whipple Charger installed, and I was fishing around to see what kind of performance numbers other people might be getting with a similar set-up. Now, I'm turning a Hydromotive 27" four blade at around 5300-5350 rpm. Best I've seen on GPS is 85, and surprisingly, the boat handles very well for that size boat. . . . not "skiddish" at all. B-Rad52, did you actually buy a boat yet, or are you still shopping around?

B-rad502
08-07-2001, 09:37 PM
Yes, we did buy a boat. We were looking at the Commander 24 Signature, Advantage 22 Citation, or the 24' VIP Vindicator. We ended up with the VIP. It was 8-10k cheaper than the other 2 choices and had every option. We have been EXTREMELY happy with it!It has more interior room than any 24' closed deck v-hull I have seen and bigger than some 25 footers. It is also a straight vee without steps. We have a 502 mag with EMI exhaust. It is real heavy at 5,000 lbs and we run low to mid 60's.
Are you out here in CA or AZ If so, are you going to the AZHBA poker run next month?? We'll be a safety boat during the run. Here's a few pics, see ya'! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
www.free.***boat.net/photoreport/27/30.htm (http://www.free.***boat.net/photoreport/27/30.htm) www.free.***boat.net/photoreport/23/39.htm (http://www.free.***boat.net/photoreport/23/39.htm)
Originally posted by Teach75:
B-Rad502,
I really like the Advantage. It is a straight vee with no steps, pad, or notch, and it performs very well. On GPS, we usually saw an honest 71mph at about 5050 rpm. I was turning a 24" Hydromotive 4-blade. Only modifications are Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds and risers. To be honest, we actually just recently did have a Whipple Charger installed, and I was fishing around to see what kind of performance numbers other people might be getting with a similar set-up. Now, I'm turning a Hydromotive 27" four blade at around 5300-5350 rpm. Best I've seen on GPS is 85, and surprisingly, the boat handles very well for that size boat. . . . not "skiddish" at all. B-Rad52, did you actually buy a boat yet, or are you still shopping around?

Teach75
08-09-2001, 04:53 AM
Anyone else have experience running this boat with similar power? B-rad502, I really like the all white look of your Vindicator. . . . classy looking boat. No, I am not from the area. Actually, I'm from the Cleveland area of Ohio, so it might be difficult for me to come out for the regatta. Thanks.

HCJ
08-15-2001, 06:44 PM
This may not be much help but I can remember at Advantages 1997 regatta, Harry Christensen was telling me that he would feel comfortable putting his 13 year old (I believe) daughter behind the wheel of a 22 Citation with a 525SC, at 85 MPH. We were taking a ride on a 27 Victory and talking about the differences between the 21SR and 22 Citation. I also believe Hot Boat tested a 22 with the 525SC which did run 85 MPH. I think this test was back in like 95 or 96, it was before I bought my boat (97).
I know, it's not very informative. Just thought I'd share.
Cliff