PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Madness...

Her454
04-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Anyone Flown lately? My daughter had a 6:25 flight this morning out of Sac International.....had to be there 2 hours early and its a 2 hour drive, you do the math. :rolleyes: I know there are restrictions now and I've flown many times since 9/11 but this was ridiculous! They were not going to let me beyond the boarding lines until I threw a fit as she is a minor and I had a "pass" to walk her through - got it when she checked her bags.
They said the pass (their own damn pass) was not sufficient!:mad:
We had to wait in a line while they searched "each" individual and trust me, there were alot of kids and travelers headed out for the holidays. They made us take our shoes and all outer coats off, and had us put all our carry on stuff in a gray plastic bin to be scanned. Im all for airport security and I understand the need, but WOW. Is this normal procedure now? I have not flown in about 6 months. AND THEN they put the wrong gate on her boarding pass when she checked her bags in so she almost missed her flight (partially our fault as we were sidetracked people watching:rolleyes: ) Hers was the first flight out...and by the time I got out of there at 6:45 the place was a madhouse........looked worse than Disneyland on the holidays with all the lines.
Now, Im going to take a nap. ;)

78Eliminator
04-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Hey, you got off lucky. At least they didn't get out the rubber gloves and KY jelly.....

fourspeednup
04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
That's pretty much standard issue now. Haven't been to a real big airport like LAX in a while but Sac, Burbank, and Phx----got the same treatment. I don't really have a prob with the extra security but then again I didn't have to wake up @ 2AM for a flight either;)
Take a good book or magazine and just realize that you're gonna be there for a while:frown:

LAVEYSABRE575
04-02-2004, 12:10 PM
yup, you know your in for a ride when they say (grab your sac and peel it back).....

78Eliminator
04-02-2004, 12:13 PM
I don't know for sure, but I would bet a lot of money that Traci doesn't have a sac. :D ;)

LAVEYSABRE575
04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
guys only....,

78Eliminator
04-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by LAVEYSABRE575
guys only....,
LOL

Tom Brown
04-02-2004, 12:31 PM
Between the waiting and the outrageous airport fees and taxes we have to pay here in Canada, I don't fly as much as I used to. Also, it's worth something to have your own vehicle when you get where you want to go.
I only fly if I'm going more than one day of driving away and even then, I try to get as few stops as possible. The last time I went to Vegas there was a four hour wait in Minneapolis. Yuk.

BADAXE
04-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Welcome to my nightmare. I fly almost every week for business and the security lines can get pretty bad at times. What I hate is when you get there two hours early and walk right through security then have to sit around for two hours.:(

welk2party
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
I saw someone get asked to remove their sandals. Careful, could be a weapon hidden.:rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Ontario, CA is the same. Kansas City was not as bad. In KC you can leave all of your bags in the waiting area and come in and out as you please, providing you don't have any new bags. So you could go to lunch in the "restaurant" or hit Starbucks, magazine rack, etc., then go get checked over one last time and board.

Her454
04-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
I don't know for sure, but I would bet a lot of money that Traci doesn't have a sac. :D ;)
Only the sac's under my eyes today. :D

Tom Brown
04-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Are you giving someone a brow ****? :confused:

LAVEYSABRE575
04-02-2004, 01:40 PM
ya thats the bad when you wakeup with sacs under your eyes..

Her454
04-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Are you giving someone a brow ****? :confused:
LOL.....Im so tired I had to think about that one. :rolleyes:

NorCalCat
04-02-2004, 02:21 PM
The regulations at the airports are ridiculous. each airport has their own rules. I fly about 1-2 times a week and let me tell you, it sucks. You have these idiotic "security screeners" that don't even speak English telling you to remove your shoes and your belt. What the hell, is the purpose, is it to make us (the traveler) feel more comfortable? If someone wants to do it they are going to do it. PERIOD! The bottom line is flying has gotten to be such a pain in the ass.
And to those ****ERS who were responsible for 9/11 I hope you and your family burn in hell! :mad: :mad:
Sorry, time to vent, sore subject!

EricU
04-02-2004, 03:19 PM
I fly a lot on business, out of Sac, Oakland & SF. I flew a lot in the weeks following 9/11 and all I can say is;
Quit Whining!
I get pulled to the side many times, while my business partner walks right through. I think it is because I have visible tattoos on my arms.
You people that bitch about being inconvenienced, would really bitch if someone pulled another 9/11. So plan ahead, bring a magazine, find the bar, but stop whining.
Eric.

LAVEYSABRE575
04-02-2004, 03:20 PM
nice

Blown 472
04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
The thing that is really stupid about this is if someone wanted to get something on a plane they could sneak it in on one of the million trucks that deliver to the airport, are they going thru the food that gets loaded on the plane?? checking eversingle truck that comes in? all that shit at the gate is a knee jerk reaction.

Her454
04-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by EricU
I fly a lot on business, out of Sac, Oakland & SF. I flew a lot in the weeks following 9/11 and all I can say is;
Quit Whining!
I get pulled to the side many times, while my business partner walks right through. I think it is because I have visible tattoos on my arms.
You people that bitch about being inconvenienced, would really bitch if someone pulled another 9/11. So plan ahead, bring a magazine, find the bar, but stop whining.
Eric.
I said I understand why they do it and feel its a necessity, ESPECIALLY since my little girl got on that plane....I was just venting. I'd do it ten times over if I had to- if it makes America just that much more safe. I was more focused on the screw ups at the airport and their reluctancy to let me through after giving me a pass to accompany my kid through.
BTW, I had a ***boat magazine - and the bar was closed. :yuk:
As for you, quit whining and cover up the tattoos. :D

NorCalCat
04-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Wow! You must have lots of time to kill. I fly out of SFO & OAK about 1-2 times a week and the security SUCKS! One day you are ordered to remove your shoes one day they don't care. I just came back yesterday form LAX and the jackass did not even look at my ID.
What security? Before 9/11 I would get to the airport 10 min befor departure and I would get on my scheduled flight. Not anymore, now it is totaly unpredictable. Maybe 15 min maybe 1 hr in security.
It almost sounds like you forgot what those ass holes did to our contry and to our people.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET!
Vote for BUSH 2004