PDA

View Full Version : moving

ITS ALL GOOD
04-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Well the wife and i have decided to leave Las Vegas and move to Washington state, have not really decided on a city yet, will either be Vancouver area or Spokane was wondering if anyone had any input as to local economy, education and places to boat in Washington. any input would be greatley appreciated.

SLO POKE
04-04-2004, 11:22 AM
shouldnt you work your way in to it? I am from seattle. that is a big change! I saw you ether wanted spokan or SO. WA Well good luck Washington Has a silent r in it ! you will see what I mean later.

TCHB
04-04-2004, 05:00 PM
My siser in law moved to Spoken three years and loves it. She works at a private colledge in town. The housing prices are pretty good compared to Southern California.

Mr.Havasu
04-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Do a member search for Timewarp and PM him. They are from washington and participate in various poker and fun run events year round. He would be happy to answer your questions.

Desert Rat
04-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Spokane isn't quite as gray as western Washington from what I hear. My sister lived in Seattle for 14 years and just plain hated it. Being from California she said she could never get acclimated to the weather.

WUTWZAT
04-06-2004, 08:05 PM
I am originally from Tacoma, WA which is south of Seattle. It is gray and overcast if not raining almost constantly. But eastern Washington is much warmer in the summers but if I remember correctly in winter they got more snow than us on the coast. Boating is good, Lakes everywhere, but most are on the small side. I lived off Spanaway Lake as a kid and can still here the hydroplanes racing up and down the lake. I noticed your in the auto service industry. My uncles runs the parts dept. @ Doxon Toyota in Auburn WA, and he lives off Lake Tapps. I am not sure exactly where these are to each other. Also this is my first post, hello.... and here is a picture of my first boat and project from this winter. Almost ready to put it in the water.
Jason