PDA

View Full Version : offshore classes

full throttle
04-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Has anyone on here ever considered racing their boat in the P4 & P5 offshore classes? I am thinking about it. Might be fun.

Skaterfast
04-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I've thought about it myself.If I didn't have to use the boat on the weekends for the family,I'd probably do it.

Scottb
04-13-2004, 04:44 AM
I have raced in the P classes for 5 years, If you have any questions, shoot

full throttle
04-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Scottb, What are boat requirements for P4? I may try a Pacific offshore series race.

Scottb
04-16-2004, 05:52 AM
The boat has to be a minimum of 24 ft long and the top speed cannot excede 79.9 mph in APBA. SBI is a little different but I think POPRA wich is run out by you is the same as APBA.
AS far as safety equipment and general rules, they are pretty much the same. APBA does not have the rule book posted on there site so I am posting the Link to SBI rulebook for you.
Just look at the safety equipment stuff. When you show up to you first race, most things that you might fail inspection for, you can run out and buy real quick. The two things that I have seen that have left new racers on the beach are: no physical(DOT or Pilot physical is required) and a kill switch for each person in the boat. Here is the link
SBI (http://www.superboat.com/pits/resource.html)

full throttle
04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Thx, I'll check that out.