PDA

View Full Version : Best stereo and speaker setup for less than $2k??

Tab
04-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Which manufacturers have the best products for marine applications??

ROZ
04-04-2004, 08:38 PM
If you want "marine" grade gear, Clarion headunits and Alpine marine, Infinity Kappa marine, or MB Quart marine speakers are the way to go.... As far as amps go, I'd consider any of the top brands since it will likely be mounted away from any water....
As far as keeping under your budget, it depends on how much gear and install( if needed) you want to go with...

sigepmock
04-05-2004, 07:08 AM
Tab,
Roz just hooked me up on a whole new system for my boat for under 2K. I didn't use Marine Grade just high quality car stuff. Here's what I got.
Four MB Quart 6 1/2" components, 12" JL sub, and two JL amps, a six channel and a mono sub amp(haven't decided on what to do with the other two channels on the 6 channel yet). It super clear and super loud, better than I expected. I posted some pics on another topic "Stereo's in the Boat" if you are interested.
I am of the opinion that if the boat only sees lakes and river, you don't need Marine grade, unless you take on a lot of rough water. Just my two cents.
Regardless of what you use, Roz can probably help you out.

77charger
04-05-2004, 08:24 AM
I got a good deal from roz on a good basic system for under 2k.

riverbound
04-05-2004, 09:33 AM
Tab,
We do systems in boats for $2k and less (installed) all the time. You dont have to buy "marine" equip. Give me a call
(909)481-8411 We are located in Ontario. Or feel free to come by and listen to what we offer. There is a discount for forum members. We mainly use Eclipse, alpine and rockford in boats.
Bill

Tab
04-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll be in touch. Tab

El Chingon
04-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by sigepmock
Tab,
Roz just hooked me up on a whole new system for my boat for under 2K.
Man Roz we were robbed!!!!:mad: We got what we paid for and it ROCKS!!! Roz is definitely the man.;)

Rubths
04-08-2004, 08:15 PM
He is the man;) He just got all the equipment for my new Excursion. I got a call from him today, he was with the guy thats doing the install going over everything to make sure it was perfect. Cant ask for better service than that! And this is all from a guy thats makes nothing on hooking us up. I cant thank him enough for the top of the line equipment and the killer deals.
Thanks again Chris