PDA

View Full Version : I hate associations.

shaun
04-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Welp, today got a letter from the association and apparently i'm breaking some rule about the boat being parked on the left side of the driveway. I have to move it and i'm wondering if any of you guys had recommendations for places i could pay to store it. I'm trying to stay in my general area but if it's 30 miles or less away thats not a big deal i suppose. I'm located in Dana Point, So Cal.
Guess i need to start looking for a house where the boat can fit in the garage. (my garage is only 18.6' deep, i need 23-24').

riverbound
04-04-2004, 03:35 PM
My ass. has the same rules. But when I bought my house they had an option for a pull through garage. there is another 8 foot door on the back of my garage that goes through in to my back yard. only about one foot of the boat sticks through into the back yard

RubberDucky
04-04-2004, 03:51 PM
That sucks. There is places in Yuma on the way to the river, but then you are not close to your boat. Im in the same place you are in. I leave my boat at my mom & dads house, but that has its problems too

shaun
04-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Ya, i need somthing local. I've found some outside storage places for like $150/Month but i'm hoping to find something cheaper.

Chris J
04-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Shaun
Ya, i need somthing local. I've found some outside storage places for like $150/Month but i'm hoping to find something cheaper.
Ouch.. Just remembered why I live in Minnesota, you could park it on a lake for that much.... Of coarse I'm still waiting for the ice to drop.
:frown:
Any day now!

Boozer
04-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Holy Sh*t! Keep looking i have found places out here for 150 that are indoors! Outdoors usually run about 45-50.

Cas
04-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Welp, today got a letter from the association and apparently i'm breaking some rule about the boat being parked on the left side of the driveway.
If that's what the letter says, move it to the right side ;)

shaun
04-04-2004, 09:45 PM
CAS: LOL... thanks for the laughf!

screamdreambrad
04-04-2004, 09:48 PM
shaun i have mine diagonally in a three car garage. i have the same deal out here. and i'm in moreno valley! hell i got a warning letter this week for having my shittin trash cans out too early last weekend! jackoffs! at least the neighbors don't have a fit when i warm it up every other weekend. brad

v-drive
04-05-2004, 03:49 AM
The only place you will find will be like a public storage outfit. Pricing is the big deal and you will find nothing around the $150 range in this area. Kicking the cars out of the garage is about the best deal...:cool: v-drive

Danhercules
04-05-2004, 06:29 AM
Try El Torro Marine base. They are useing the runways for storage. I had my 30' 5th wheel there for $60 a month. 24hr access and shareff is on patrol.

Cas
04-05-2004, 07:58 AM
This situation is getting more and more common, especially in new or newer subdivisions.
If any of you are thinking about buying a home in a newer area, ask to see the CC&R's before buying. You need to make sure the rules and regulations that are in place won't affect you too bad.
I almost purchased a house in a new subdivision a few years ago in Danville, CA. When I asked for the CC&R's, the saleswoman has hesitant in giving them to me. She knew I was a contractor and that I worked out of my house, knew that I had a boat and knew I liked working on my own vehicles.
After reading the CC&R's, just about everything I did was against their regs. There was even a reg that said having your garage door open longer than 1 hr a day was a violation........cancelled the deal.

BrendellaJet
04-05-2004, 08:06 AM
20 foot spot at baker ranch RV storage on Bake in lake forest. $80/month.
Let me know if you want the #.

cal***boat
04-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Homeowner associations can really suck at tmes.
Check and see if there is a Small local airport near you and check into renting a hanger for the boat.
If the cost is to high for you get with a few of your friends and split up the cost.
Most hangers you can fit 3 or 4 boats into with no problem and also now you have own place to do all your work on them with nobdy around to bitch you out.

flat broke
04-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
20 foot spot at baker ranch RV storage on Bake in lake forest. $80/month.
Let me know if you want the #.
About the best rate going, and the lot is pretty good. My partner in the office kept his Nautique there. It's out off of Bake just a bit before Portola. I pay $85/mo for a 25' spot in Long Beach for the Toy Hauler, so the $80 is right in line with the rest of the prices.
Chris
I just saw cal***boat's post and that is a good idea... if you can find an open hangar at a local airport. The other alternative would be industrial space. There are some small 1 garage deals around that might be cost feasible considering you could maybe put 2-3 boats there and do all your work there.
Orrrr, buy some land near your favorite digs at the river. A 4k lot would have a pretty low payment ;)
Chris

moneysucker
04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by RubberDucky
That sucks. There is places in Yuma on the way to the river, but then you are not close to your boat. Im in the same place you are in. I leave my boat at my mom & dads house, but that has its problems too
Yeah, like cats. Next time you are up there take a few rattraps and 3M them to your intake grate where he is coming in. That little bastard will think twice.
Cy

shaun
04-06-2004, 12:39 AM
BrendellaJet: ya if you have the number that would be great! i havnt been able to find anything under 100 and lake forest isnt far away at all... Shit i want to move to lake forest... i'm sick of the san clemente/dana point bubble even though it's a nice area.

Sleek26
04-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Maybe you guys ought to get the hell out of Nazifornia and move to the United States. I swear I don't know how you guys put up with all the crap they throw on you out there. I know it's a beautiful place to live but, there are lots of beautiful places to live.
All of the above is, of course, just my humble opinion.