PDA

View Full Version : New Boat

wideopen23
04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Iam posting for a freind, we just went to LA this weekend to pickup a boat for him. He bought a 72 Southwind w/ a 455 olds.
I have a couple of questions for you guys. He is wanting to go with over transom exhaust and the boat needs a placediverter.
What is the best set up and where are some good places to get these parts? Does anyone have these these for sale?
Thanks for helpin a O/B guy with a JET.

Danhercules
04-05-2004, 09:40 AM
go to www.southwindjetboats.com
Ask away.

wideopen23
04-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I had no idea this site existed I have a 1976 Southwind with a Erude XP200. Nice to know there some more out there.

mud duck
04-05-2004, 10:09 AM
www.rexmar.com
www.cpperformance.com
www.placediverter.com
www.hi-techperformance.com
www.jetboatperformance.com
www.modello.com
These sites provide new & used parts, advice and service if needed. Mondello is the Olds 455 man. Ebay also has parts from time to time, but you have to monitor it for current inventory.
Good luck.

wideopen23
04-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks Mud Duck

Sleek-Jet
04-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by mud duck
www.modello.com
These sites provide new & used parts, advice and service if needed. Mondello is the Olds 455 man. Ebay also has parts from time to time, but you have to monitor it for current inventory.
Good luck.
The only thing I would recomend buying from Mondello is the catalog and the tech manual. Almost everything they list is available straight from the manufacturer. The old man Mondelo was fantastic by all acounts, but the place has gone down hill since he's semi-retired.
Just trying to save you a few $$ and heartache. Good luck with the boat.