PDA

View Full Version : AZ ***boat Happy Hour

roln 20s
04-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, it was brought up by Haulnz- and who can disagree.
Its time for another AZ ***boat Happy Hour/Get together. I'm proposing the weekend after April 24th (Poker Run).
Any suggestions--
we can have a boat run in the morning, and then everyone come over to my house (Representing the WEST SIDE :D)for an evening family and friend BBQ.
I'm open for anything, just thought I would toss out some different ideas.
Roln 20s

Slick
04-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a winner.

91nordic29
04-05-2004, 01:24 PM
that seems kinda distant. we should meet somewhere before then.

fourspeednup
04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Damn roln, we are(you are) gonna have to get on top of that back yard project since we know the roomates are useless;)

roln 20s
04-05-2004, 01:42 PM
we are(you are) gonna have to get on top of that back yard project since we know the roomates are useless
Mitch is useful, but as for Chris, chalk up another Sunday to the Couch Gods= LAZY. Oh well, gonna finish the sprinklers tonight, just need to add two more and test them. I'll finish the border later this week, and gonna plant the palm trees, bushes and plants on friday night. Saturday will be lay the sod and spread out the gravel. Its almost done. And hopefully I will make sunday a Couch God day :D
Its gonna be done soon, in plenty of time for any ***boat Gathering.
Roln 20s

fourspeednup
04-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by roln 20s
Mitch is useful, but as for Chris, chalk up another Sunday to the Couch Gods= LAZY. Oh well, gonna finish the sprinklers tonight, just need to add two more and test them. I'll finish the border later this week, and gonna plant the palm trees, bushes and plants on friday night. Saturday will be lay the sod and spread out the gravel. Its almost done. And hopefully I will make sunday a Couch God day :D
Its gonna be done soon, in plenty of time for any ***boat Gathering.
Roln 20s
Gawd damn, sounds like you got everything under control. Holla at me if you need any help:cool:

Slick
04-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Will do, my yards not close to being done. Thanks so much for the offer:D

HotRod Sprint
04-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
that seems kinda distant. we should meet somewhere before then.
Believe me, when you are trying to get a boat ready to float, that date is not that far off. The date we are talking about is May 1st, that is the day I randomly picked two months ago, as a goal of getting mine wet. Lemme tell you, its going to be CLOSE. I might be in, then again I may not be :D
Rod

roln 20s
04-07-2004, 08:30 AM
No one around..or no one want to get something together. Well, we got a little time...
Roln 20s

Mrs Luvnlife
04-07-2004, 09:44 AM
No one around..or no one want to get something together. Well, we got a little time...
Roln 20s
We'll be out there (Chandler) that weekend for the IHBA drags....maybe we'll stop by! :D :D I love Happy Hour especially in AZ!! :D ;)

jackpunx
04-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Watch out for the Luvenlifes.. they are freaks:D

roln 20s
04-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Watch out for the Luvenlifes.. they are freaks
We welcome all ***boat people :D
Roln 20s

Mrs Luvnlife
04-07-2004, 11:12 AM
We welcome all ***boat people :D
Roln 20s
Don't let Jackpunx scare you off....we're nothing close to freaks, just like to have fun!! :D :D

Jordy
04-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by HUFFPOWER
:D R-20's, how about a central location for those of us on the eastern side of town ( mesa ) land of saguro lake/ canyon lake/ bartlett lake/ roosevelt/ apache lake, guess we got the east covered for water ! how about the HOOTERS in tempe on mill ave ? week after poker run would be good, might have money left to buy a beer.:D :cool: :D
Aren't there laws that keep avenue people on their own side of the valley? :D

91nordic29
04-07-2004, 11:56 AM
bIG raspberry for jordy!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Jordy
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
bIG raspberry for jordy!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Perhaps those house arrest stlye bracelets that call in when they get east of Central?? ;) :D :p

Jordy
04-07-2004, 12:34 PM
:eek: damn mr. jordy here i thought you were like a really cool fellow schiada owner, damn my feelings are hurt, :rolleyes:
They shouldn't be. You live in Mesa right? It's the west side of central types that you have to watch out for. You know the "avenuers" :D

Jordy
04-07-2004, 04:46 PM
hey jordan can ya post a pic of your 21, thanks scott, :D
You mean this one:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43Desertheat-med.jpg
:D

RiverToysJas
04-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
They shouldn't be. You live in Mesa right? It's the west side of central types that you have to watch out for. You know the "avenuers" :D
I agree with Jordy!
RTJas :D

Jordy
04-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I agree with Jordy!
RTJas :D
I appreciate it, but I think it only applies in that one thread. :D :D :D

HotRod Sprint
04-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Aren't there laws that keep avenue people on their own side of the valley? :D
Maybe there should be a law to keep you east side snobs off of our west side lake.
Rod

Jordy
04-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by HotRod Sprint
Maybe there should be a law to keep you east side snobs off of our west side lake.
Rod
I don't go to Pleasant. Last time I tried I smoked a wheel bearing. Figure that is pretty much of an omen. :p :D :D :D

91nordic29
04-08-2004, 06:31 AM
are you saying that you are "UNpleasant"?
;) you know we'd love to see you!

roln 20s
04-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Damn Jordy-- I have never know any east siders to have a really nice boat before...I think that means you are westside at Heart :D Come out to pleasant, its always good times with this crew.
Roln 20s

Slick
04-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Sir Jordy, like me, is not new "eastside" money. We're both "old" money and live in North Central Phx.
Slick (trying his best to be a snob:yuk:) )

Jordy
04-08-2004, 08:27 AM
:D mr. jordy, what year is your 21, motor/blower set up if you'd care to share, mine is an 81'/ 468/ 420 blower/ superchilled, runs an honest 45;) was my parents until 3 years ago when my wife and i bought it to keep it in the family, my dads 21 is a 2002 with brummett 572 power.
20's- i love being 17 miles from saguro/ 24 miles to canyon, lake "P" , seems so far away:D .
hey jordan where abouts in mesa land are you, i'm out near baseline/ ellsworth? scott
My RC is a '76 with a Blasdale 468 roller, 8:71 BDS and superchller. I haven't gps'ed it yet, but I'm thinking it runs around 50 or so. :D
I was born and grew up in Mesa and had to get the hell out of there. I grew up in the downtown Mesa area, Country Club and University and still have family scattered all over out there, Stapley and Main area mostly. I'm at 32nd St and Cactus. Pretty much every lake I want to go to is about the same distance away, be it Saguaro, Barlett or Pleasant. I like it. Plus I'm only 2 hours and change away from the river. ;)

Slick
04-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Dork!!!!! You just shattered my attempt to include you in my snobiness (sp). Is that even a word (snobiness)?
I still stand firm on the West Side. They're nothin' but a bunch of uncultured hooligans:D

Jordy
04-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Slick
Dork!!!!! You just shattered my attempt to include you in my snobiness (sp). Is that even a word (snobiness)?
I still stand firm on the West Side. They're nothin' but a bunch of uncultured hooligans:D
I think the West Side starts at Cave Creek around here. :p :D

skeepwerkzaz
04-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Leave the boats at home and come get drunk on my beach. That's right, skeep brought 3000 pounds of sand into his back yard for a little party action. We built a palapa over it, a bon-fire pit into it and party lights all over the place. You have to see it to believe it. Pool w/volleyball, hot tub, beach. Bondi Beach will not be televised:D
Party anyone?
Skeep"everyday is a good beach day" werkzaz

Slick
04-08-2004, 09:39 AM
I think the West Side starts at Cave Creek around here. :p :D
Hey, I'm not the one with livestock roaming my neighborhood

Jordy
04-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey, I'm not the one with livestock roaming my neighborhood
Funny thing is, people over here on the East side of Cave Creek pay extra for horse property. :D
With you west side types, I think it's a given. If not livestock, then at least a couple of broken down cars on blocks. :D

Sleek-Jet
04-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz
Leave the boats at home and come get drunk on my beach. That's right, skeep brought 3000 pounds of sand into his back yard for a little party action. We built a palapa over it, a bon-fire pit into it and party lights all over the place. You have to see it to believe it. Pool w/volleyball, hot tub, beach. Bondi Beach will not be televised:D
Party anyone?
Skeep"everyday is a good beach day" werkzaz
Hell, I'd make the trip up from North Nogalas to party there. :D

AZKC
04-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Hell, I'd make the trip up from North Nogalas to party there. :D
First learn to spell it:D Damn newbies:D

HAULNZ
04-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey, I resemble that remark. ;) Get 86'd out of one bar and your branded for life. :D

Sleek-Jet
04-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by AZKC
First learn to spell it:D Damn newbies:D
Bite me... ya old Fart. :D

roln 20s
04-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Get 86'd out of one bar and your branded for life.
This is a great reason to come and hang with us..on the WESTSIDE.
Roln 20s

91nordic29
04-08-2004, 03:07 PM
:D sounding like a boating version of " west side story" or "warriors", :D :p :D , lets just settle it, "eastside" has the faster boats, bigger drinkers,better babes....:p :p :p :) :D
i dont think so, SCOOTER!

Slick
04-08-2004, 03:28 PM
:D sounding like a boating version of " west side story" or "warriors", :D :p :D , lets just settle it, "eastside" has the faster boats, bigger drinkers,better babes....:p :p :p :) :D
Bigger Drinkers? Maybe, there are alot of Mormans out your way. :eek:
Faster boats? I'm not sure about that one, Scooter. I know my boats no speed demon, but I know some West-Side trash that can really haul the mail.
Better Babes? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER

HAULNZ
04-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I would have to disagree with you on that. :D

Craig
04-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by HAULNZ
Get 86'd out of one bar and your branded for life. :D
That was a funny night ;) We need another. Maybe in May when I have freakin' weekends off again :D I guess I could show up fashionably late on a Saturday night this month!

fourspeednup
04-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Craig
That was a funny night ;) We need another. Maybe in May when I have freakin' weekends off again :D I guess I could show up fashionably late on a Saturday night this month!
Don't matter how late you show up....so long as it's before sunrise I'll still be drinkin :D

Jordy
04-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by fourspeednup
Don't matter how late you show up....so long as it's before sunrise I'll still be drinkin :D
So I don't know how the interview went, but when you head out to Parker do you need me to pick you up or do you have your own wheels? :D :D :D

fourspeednup
04-08-2004, 11:18 PM
So I don't know how the interview went, but when you head out to Parker do you need me to pick you up or do you have your own wheels? :D :D :D
Ra, ra, ra.....I'm going for my "interview" this weekend. Got me own wheels but always down for bumming rides:cool:
I better not **** up, I think RD might flip and kill me if he gets a craving:D

91nordic29
04-09-2004, 07:20 AM
:D that was a nickname of mine for many years while racing:D
well, what a co -inky - dink! i guess we know what to call you ;)

91nordic29
04-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Bigger Drinkers? Maybe, there are alot of Mormans out your way. :eek:
Faster boats? I'm not sure about that one, Scooter. I know my boats no speed demon, but I know some West-Side trash that can really haul the mail.
Better Babes? NEVER, NEVER, NEVER
thanks for defending our honor, tom!:cool: