PDA

View Full Version : Blue Impellers

Slow Poke
03-01-2002, 08:25 AM
Anybody here use the blue Impellers? I need to replace both of mine and I ordered 2 of these. So did I waste my money or are they Ok? I got em from Boatfix.com had a really good price on them. I also got the kits for the pumps with the new housing etc. I have been using the regular old Merc. ones for years but wanted to try to get a little more life out of em. Thanks

kook
03-09-2002, 04:58 AM
There was a thread or 2 on this on OSO board - basically the consesus (sp?) was that they are not great impellers. I believe that the extra clearance between the impeller and the housing was large enough to reduce the water flow substantially - people saw their engine temps run hotter with them.

jafo
03-10-2002, 06:18 AM
I've had good luck with them, and as far as clearances between the impeller and liner is concerned, there is none. In fact, these things can be a real B#@%ch to install compared to the stock ones because they're so tight.
The guys on OSO who had problems with higher temps admitted to not installing an entire kit (liner, the works) with the new impeller,
and/or had different or modified water pick-ups.
The only difference between these and the stock ones is the compound they're made of- GRB impellers will not burn up if run dry for a short period of time.
They're not expensive- try 'em and if don't like 'em go back to the old ones.

Slow Poke
03-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Kinda what I was thinkin, give em a whirl and see. The worst thing would be to have to change them back to the other kind. I have new liners etc. for them and put them back together last night. So we shall see what happens. They were tuff to get together so i agree with the clearance issue. I ran em on the hose them seem ok but I will know soon.
Thanks