PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Products

Cole Sanger
04-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the scoop maker Unlimited Products? Is it normal for it to take more than a month for a scoop? I am having an issue with them on their shipping prices right now. I ordered a scoop from them at the beginning of last month and two weeks ago they called to let me know they were going to begin production on it. They then said that they would be charging me $48.00 to ship it from Hesperia, Ca to Phoenix, AZ. WHAT? I asked. I asked how big the box was and what the weight on it was. Of course she couldn't tell me that because it wasn't in the manual. So for the last two weeks I have been trying to get a hold of one of the supervisors. I looked on UPS and the only way it could cost me $48.00 for shipping is if the box was 24"x 24" x 24" and the scoop weighed 100 pounds.
You know, while I am on a rant about shipping, let me add my recent Jegs purchase. It was a Weiand dual side mount carb linkage for a pair of 660's. The parts were in a small box wrapped in news paper and all scratched and dented. Why are they going to charge me for the handling if they are going to drop them on the floor before they wrap them in paper? I am waiting on the new parts from Jegs, if nothing else goes wrong.
I have other issues with shipping and the parts I am waiting on, but I will save it until I can try to work with people some more.

BGMAN203
04-06-2004, 10:20 AM
I had a buddy buy a hood from them. Turned out like shit, all wavy and a big bow in the middle. It wasn't even finished on the underside. Unlimited basically told him to go **** himself, he is still fighting with him. I told him to go with Harwood, but the only problem with that was that they didn't make a hood for his car. So he got screwed into usig Unlimited Products. I have also heard of many other dis-satisfied customers. But I am sure there are people happy with them, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.

Cole Sanger
04-06-2004, 10:26 AM
That is why I ordered from them. Couldn't find the same scoop from anyone else. I ordered with my credit card, so if I get a piece of crap I will let them fight it. I had to do that with something before and my credit card company was awesome.

Sanger76VA
04-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Yes, I to am dealing with them to. They will not call me back and the one person that hands out call returns will not speak to me on the phone. The scoop ET112 was not finished like the sales person told me, the hole is not cut and the outside finish looks like a cheese grater was run over it. Someone called Nick owns this company and only comes in once a month. I have been trying to return for three weeks. I even was going to fly out and set the scoop on SOMEONES DESK!!!
Sanger 76

Cole Sanger
04-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I have been trying to get a hold of Virginia. I was told that the inside of the scoop will not be finished, but that I expected. Thanks, maybe I will pass before it is too late.

Cole Sanger
04-07-2004, 07:54 AM
I hope this gets a sticky. I just got off the phone with Unlimited Products. You can not believe how these people operate until you call them and talk with them. DON'T USE THEM. I can't begin to tell everyone what lack of customer service they have. I could never get a hold of anyone to get the shipping prices changed, then this morning I ended up getting the run around and being called "stupid", then they started cursing at me. Some company. Buyer beware. :mad: :mad:

superdave013
04-07-2004, 07:55 AM
so did you cancel the order or what?

Cole Sanger
04-07-2004, 08:01 AM
It was cancelled for me when I started cursing back. Something about go to hell you f****** C***. I think that did it. Anyone know where I can get the same scoop? It is their DS-125. Looks like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/643ds-125.jpg

Snowboat
04-07-2004, 10:30 AM
get one from Hampton Blowers. $185 and perfect.

BGMAN203
04-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Cole Sanger
It was cancelled for me when I started cursing back. Something about go to hell you f****** C***. I think that did it. Anyone know where I can get the same scoop? It is their DS-125. Looks like this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/643ds-125.jpg
I told ya man, they are real pricks overthere.:mad:

Sanger76VA
04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Cole Sanger, I just got off the phone too. I was put on hold twice and then they would hang up. They would not talk to me until they had my name, then I would give them my first name and they would respond, we do not know anyone by that name. Then I would give them my last name and they would put me on hold and then hang up. :mad: :mad: :mad: :burningm: :burningm:

Brodie
04-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Those dudes are homos,,,,,

Cole Sanger
04-07-2004, 08:33 PM
That is kind of funny if you think about it. They probably think that it is me calling back. Probably have to give it a couple of days and try again.

Rexone
04-07-2004, 11:45 PM
CS sorry for your problems. I don't know these guys so I can't comment.
Just a word on UPS. On items that are large, but light in weight, UPS has a thing called "dimensional wieght" that gets applied. Makes it cost more like an "average" box of that size would cost. Not saying this was the case here but it is something to be aware of. I know it's in effect on all UPS air shipments but I'm not positive on UPS ground.
As far as Jegs/Summit handling charge... you just discovered why they are able to advertise free freight.

BGMAN203
04-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
CS sorry for your problems. I don't know these guys so I can't comment.
Just a word on UPS. On items that are large, but light in weight, UPS has a thing called "dimensional wieght" that gets applied. Makes it cost more like an "average" box of that size would cost. Not saying this was the case here but it is something to be aware of. I know it's in effect on all UPS air shipments but I'm not positive on UPS ground.
As far as Jegs/Summit handling charge... you just discovered why they are able to advertise free freight.
My previous employment was with UPS. Dimensional weight does apply to ground packages as well. With out going into detail, I would have to to explain all the in's and outs, an oversize box will go as a min 30lbs. You need to take 5 measurements to determine this. 2x lenth + 2x width + heighth has to be less than 80. If its 80-108 then its 30lbs. 108-130 is 70lbs min. I am gonna stop there before I get carried away.
PM me if you want more info.
Brian

Rexone
04-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Hey Brian you're not looking for a shipping job are ya? :D

Cole Sanger
04-08-2004, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I figured that was true, but there own site shows that the price should only be from 25-35 for a scoop. If they had told me that it was $20 for the handling (box), and $25 for the UPS shipping, I wouldn't have had a problem. My main concern was that the person on the phone, all 7 of them, could not tell me more than "that is just the price and I can't do anything about it." One girl even told me that they had been in business for 27 years and that was the price it had always been to ship that scoop. Yeah right. I felt like I was being lied to the whole time. I would have paid $150 for the scoop. I like it, and I think that would be a good price. I may even have my brother order it for me in the end if I can't find it anywhere else. It was more of the principal of the thing. I was being very calm and nice to the people that I talked to and just wanted to talk with someone in management. I just could never get past the phone operators. It was transfering after transfering after transfering. All I was looking for was an honest answer from someone that knew what they were talking about. I could never find that person. I even thought about going and picking it up.
Another real problem I have with them is what if the scoop shows up and looks like crap. I am supposed to call these operators and deal with them? And do you think they would credit me for the shipping if I had to return it? I can just see all the problems down the road with them.
So before I get too into this scoop, a friend of mine brought up a really good question. Why is no one using this type of scoop anymore? Has anyone used it in the past or present? Can anyone tell me if it is a good scoop that will feed my 660 center squirters? Looks are one thing, but if it doesn't flow, I need to start looking for something else. I was just trying to get a scoop that I don't see on every other boat.

Cole Sanger
04-08-2004, 07:52 AM
Here is a page I just ran across. Has some interesting info on it.
http://hre.com/discus/messages/2/159.html?1054859189

repo man
04-09-2004, 11:43 PM
plain and simple the girls in their office are stoopid and all the people that work there are wet backs. iv'e called to order a hood and the bitch told me it would take 2 months to make one and they don't keep anything in stock. so it's just down the street from me ,i walked into their warehouse and found one paid cash and left with it. it was rough but fixable with a little spot puddy.
pm me if you want me to go down there 4 you.

Cole Sanger
04-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the offer. I am going to go with a Harwood scoop instead.

BGMAN203
04-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Hey Brian you're not looking for a shipping job are ya? :D
It depends, what are you offering?
if your serious, pm me.