PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Heard Of Meadview,az

BIGDADDYBOATER
04-06-2004, 10:54 AM
I have heard people talking about property in meadview,az ?????
does anyone know about this area ? they tell me it's a small community about 8 miles to launch at mead and it's a nice place away from the city .....any info

Desert Rat
04-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Way up there
Meadview (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&address=&city=Meadview&state=AZ&zipcode=&submit=Get+Map)

al cole'holic
04-06-2004, 11:23 AM
I found 11 properties for sale in Meadview, Az...
Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListings.asp?frm=bymap&st=AZ&typ=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5%2C+6%2C+7&poe=realtor&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&js=off&pgnum=1&lnksrc=&fid=so&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&ct=Meadview&ss_aywr=yes&optInCheckbox=no&areaid=42690)

Havasu_Dreamin
04-06-2004, 11:31 AM
It is out in the middle of bum f**k nowhere! It's about a two hour drive from Laughlin. Looked at property there a few years ago, just too far out to make it worth it.

BIGDADDYBOATER
04-06-2004, 11:47 AM
i have not made a trip up there to look at things but from the sound of it , i could be disappointed......we'll see
thanks for the info all..... :cool:

THOR
04-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Way north end of the lake. Limited launch places too. Be careful.

Outnumbered
04-06-2004, 12:11 PM
I have 3/4 acre out in Meadview. Don't know if I will ever do anything with it but as Kingman grows it will go up in value. If you know Mead then you know Sand Point. Meadview launch is at South Cove right next to Sand Point. Deep water, no issues until you get ot to Pierce Ferry several miles up the lake.
From Kingman there is a good county dirt road--Stockton Hill--that goes pretty much straight to Meadview. They pave it more and more each year. When it is done it will be an easy 90 minutes to the launch ramp if I remember right. Lots of people pull their boats on it but I would not. There is an all paved way in off hwy 93 (road between Henderson and Kingman). About 2 hours I think from Kingman.
OL

Outnumbered
04-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
I found 11 properties for sale in Meadview, Az...
Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListings.asp?frm=bymap&st=AZ&typ=1%2C+2%2C+3%2C+4%2C+5%2C+6%2C+7&poe=realtor&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&js=off&pgnum=1&lnksrc=&fid=so&mnsqft=&mls=xmls&ct=Meadview&ss_aywr=yes&optInCheckbox=no&areaid=42690)
Beware of those super cheap properties. They are without utilities and on dirt roads. My lot is near the store, has utilities, and is on a paved road.
OL

DeltaSigBoater
04-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
IThere is an all paved way in off hwy 93 (road between Henderson and Kingman). About 2 hours I think from Kingman.
OL
The 3 paved roads off hwy 93 between Hoover Dam and Kingman (from hd to king) are:
Willow Beach - Lake Mohave
Temple Bar - Lake Mead
Dolan Springs - SHITHOLE

Outnumbered
04-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
The 3 paved roads off hwy 93 between Hoover Dam and Kingman (from hd to king) are:
Willow Beach - Lake Mohave
Temple Bar - Lake Mead
Dolan Springs - SHITHOLE
Dolan Springs road is the one that goes to Meadview. Yes DS is a dump of mobile homes and shit but Meadview is beyond that place and is more like a little lake town full of mostly old folks. Not a lot of rif-raf and people seem to be nice. I would not want to live there but it is the only place you can buy private property--deeded land--within the boundaries of the Lake Mead Recreational area. There is a little store, gas station with gas and diesel, a boat storage place, and the ramp at South Cove is only 8-10 miles from the center of town. I figure its got nowhere to go but up.
OL

Outnumbered
04-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Here is my lot. You can see that there is not much out there. Lots of mobiles and some houses. There is a HOA in our tract that is trying to get newer mobiles in so they only allow 5 years and newer mobile/manufactured or new standard framed homes.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973new_year_04_015-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973new_year_04_023-med.jpg
Here is the ramp at about 90 feet low:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973new_year_04_034-med.jpg
Looking north from the ramp:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973new_year_04_032-med.jpg
View of Lake Mead from Meadview Look Out:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973new_year_04_028-med.jpg
Granted its pretty desolate now but land is so cheap there I figure you can't go wrong.
OL

DeltaSigBoater
04-07-2004, 12:00 AM
Seeing those fimilars mountains makes me want to go to the lake

Outnumbered
04-07-2004, 12:08 AM
Me too. This cold weather in Arrowhead sux.:mad:
OL

BIGDADDYBOATER
04-07-2004, 08:24 PM
thanks for the reply's......OLD LAVEY you mentioned there were no problems lauching until you get to pierce ferry ?? I am not to familiar with that part of the lake,could you feel me in? we will be up there tomorrow after visiting family in havasu,thanks for giving me an idea of what to expect ......

Outnumbered
04-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by BIGDADDYBOATER
thanks for the reply's......OLD LAVEY you mentioned there were no problems lauching until you get to pierce ferry ?? I am not to familiar with that part of the lake,could you feel me in? we will be up there tomorrow after visiting family in havasu,thanks for giving me an idea of what to expect ......
Bring your radar detector. All the roads out there near Meadview and Dolan Springs are radar enforced. Be very careful and watch for SUV cops and rangers when you get into the park boundaries.
The road to the ramp is Pierce Ferry Road (I think that's the name). You will pass the town of Meadview if you are not careful, the town is not on the main road, its just off to the right. Just before the ramp you will start to drop down a grade. At the hair-pin left if you go straight that dirt road takes you to Pierce Ferry. There are signs. It is closed due to low water.
The ramp at Southcove is down to the old asphalt and its a little rough. We have had no problems launching our 21' I/O there at 90 feet low, although I have only done it twice. The Indians pick up there whitewater tour boats here and tow them back up to the Grand Canyon. The water in the lake is deep in this area. Nice sandy beach at Sand Point right NE of the ramp. You can even go right and head Northeast up the lake a few miles and have no problems. However, Pierce Ferry is about 5 miles up the lake and the water gets shallow up there. I have never gone up that far.
Go left from the ramp heading Southwest and you will be at Temple Bar marina in about 15 miles. Temple bar is similar to Kathrines Landing. Its a pretty big facility and even has a dirt landing strip.
Have a safe trip and don't expect too much. Its pretty isolated and that is why it is so cheap. But like I said. It can't get any cheaper for lake property. I would say in 10-20 years you will see a pretty big surge in interest out there. Especially as Kingman grows. That is another good place to buy property. Bring back some pics.
OL

harleypauls
04-08-2004, 02:36 PM
I also have some property there, for the same reason. Good price and nowhere to go but up. The thing that I noticed about the lake is that I was out there on the fourth of July the last two years and I only saw 20 other boats total. Very nice if you want to get away from all the hub-bub. Paul

XTRM22
04-09-2004, 01:35 PM
I grew up boat camping between SouthCove and Pierces Ferry, for a couple years we even stored our boat at MeadView. This is making me nostalgic, I haven't been there in 20 years. Used to love camping up in Driftwood cove, skiing and catching bass right off the beach.
CHuck

Rod-64
04-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Old Lavey
Bring your radar detector. All the roads out there near Meadview and Dolan Springs are radar enforced. Be very careful and watch for SUV cops and rangers when you get into the park boundaries.
The road to the ramp is Pierce Ferry Road (I think that's the name). You will pass the town of Meadview if you are not careful, the town is not on the main road, its just off to the right. Just before the ramp you will start to drop down a grade. At the hair-pin left if you go straight that dirt road takes you to Pierce Ferry. There are signs. It is closed due to low water.
The ramp at Southcove is down to the old asphalt and its a little rough. We have had no problems launching our 21' I/O there at 90 feet low, although I have only done it twice. The Indians pick up there whitewater tour boats here and tow them back up to the Grand Canyon. The water in the lake is deep in this area. Nice sandy beach at Sand Point right NE of the ramp. You can even go right and head Northeast up the lake a few miles and have no problems. However, Pierce Ferry is about 5 miles up the lake and the water gets shallow up there. I have never gone up that far.
Go left from the ramp heading Southwest and you will be at Temple Bar marina in about 15 miles. Temple bar is similar to Kathrines Landing. Its a pretty big facility and even has a dirt landing strip.
Have a safe trip and don't expect too much. Its pretty isolated and that is why it is so cheap. But like I said. It can't get any cheaper for lake property. I would say in 10-20 years you will see a pretty big surge in interest out there. Especially as Kingman grows. That is another good place to buy property. Bring back some pics.
OL
True on Kingman............They've just broke ground on Home Depot and a Wal-Mart super center. Chili's is to follow......should attract more national chains here.

BIGDADDYBOATER
04-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Hey Neighbors,
Thank for all the replies...Just got back in town from AZ and and all your descriptions were right on....it is a small community, way off the beaten trail some may say...... We say " perfect " . We went looking for property more for Personal Freedom from the rat race and not so much a short term investment. California is soooo
overcrowed now,we can't wait to sell here and move. It is quite a drive but me and my wife liked it so much we bought a few lots in the terrace area.They are city lots with utilities and a great view of the cliffs.OLD LAVEY ,you were also right about the association not allowing anything older than 5 years to be placed on lots.we bought our lots from John at meadview realty and he was Swamped with people from out of the area buying lots......
Thanks Again for all your info......;)