PDA

View Full Version : Jets are a lot like Harley's!

rivercrazy
04-06-2004, 12:56 PM
They make lots of noise but don't move very fast! J/K LOL! :D :D

Hustler
04-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Well if you wonld'nt have got sick with that "twofootitis" youd still be drive one palhttp://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/munky.gif http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/moon.gif :D

rivercrazy
04-06-2004, 01:08 PM
I wanna drive your boat in about 3-4 months!
:D :eek:
And get that right! - It was 4 footitis!:p

flat broke
04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Speakin of which any news in on the Hustler's upgrades Joe? Sounds like someone will have to make the CBBB this year because he'll have so many damn customers out there.
Chris

HammerDown
04-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
They make lots of noise but don't move very fast! J/K LOL! :D :D
But theres a cool Factor to both that can't be denied.
And I have one of each! :cool:

1Bahnerjet
04-06-2004, 03:59 PM
You can compare my Jet to a Harley anyday.
I'll take it as a Compliment. :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43housekolor5-med.jpg

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
Speakin of which any news in on the Hustler's upgrades Joe?
Hustler is just pissed because the Schoolbus would get schooled by a boat 3 feet longer with a small block...

SANGER-RICH
04-07-2004, 04:29 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/4311-14-03_2_-med.jpg
Where is the rudder and does anyone have a picture of this boat on the trailer:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: It must be a Jet it has no prop:eek: :eek:

HammerDown
04-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Well for something that can't be "denied" let me be the 1st to ask?
What is so cool about a jet?
RD, why Harleys and Jets have the cool factor you ask?
If I have to explain it...you wouldnt understand.:rolleyes:

HammerDown
04-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
HammerDown, I hope you don't take this the wrong way becuase your the moderator n all.. but that was gay. :D
RD
Sorry you see it that way. Something you want to tell us???
Now get outta here before someone kicks ya in the junk!:D

mickeyfinn
04-07-2004, 07:29 PM
What is the difference between a Harley a Hoover and a jet?
Which side the dirt bag is on....LOL:D

Wicky
04-07-2004, 07:55 PM
You can have the cool factor. Personally, I'm in it for the adrenaline rush!!!!
I've owned a jet.
I've ridden Harleys.
I guess if you want people to think your cool, Hardleys and Jets are the toys to have.
I'll stick with the rush.
I had a 1100 Katana that could hit 176 according to speedo on a downhill slope. That was a rush. But not nearly the rush of ripping across the lake in my "Dorky" Allison at 100mph!!
There are those jets and harleys that are the exception to the loud and slow rule. I give them credit.
I'm not cool,
Wicky

HammerDown
04-07-2004, 08:20 PM
[i]
I'm not cool,
Wicky [/B]
You said it...not me.:D
Rice Bikes and clip on's...:rolleyes: what ever makes ya feel warm a fuzzy.

rivercrazy
04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Ever watch two boats go by. One's a jet drive making all kinds of noise and cruising by in no major hurry. Then an I/O goes by and is "there and gone" at similar rpms?
Just like a Harley vs a canyon racer:D

CrazyHippy
04-07-2004, 11:47 PM
You are better than I am RD... I see a Built motor in a Jet, and think, what a waste of a good motor....
Course i'm not into the 1930's tech of the Harley either...
I Bought it to use it, not polish it!
BJH:eek: :cool: :D

GlastronGuy
04-08-2004, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Ever watch two boats go by. One's a jet drive making all kinds of noise and cruising by in no major hurry. Then an I/O goes by and is "there and gone" at similar rpms?
Just like a Harley vs a canyon racer:D
Ya but the guy in the egg beater looks gay
;)

hack job
04-08-2004, 06:50 AM
i guess it comes back to "pride of OWNERSHIP " :p every one has there own opion. but i look at jets and v-drives in the same way ( if they have a bad ass mill then that kicks ass) i will admit that v-drives do look cool and have the bling factor that so many look for, but ill stick with my pump boat for now;)

HammerDown
04-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by hack job
i guess it comes back to "pride of OWNERSHIP " :p every one has there own opion. but i look at jets and v-drives in the same way ( if they have a bad ass mill then that kicks ass) i will admit that v-drives do look cool and have the bling factor that so many look for, but ill stick with my pump boat for now;)
I agree with the above, and being a member of the DVBRC Boat Drag Racing Club I see plenty of V-Drive and Jets that are just awsome speed machines.
But for the type of boating I currently do my 21 Daytona Jet serves it's purpose well. (until and if I can ever afford a 45ss Sonic).
I can also appreciate the technology that goes into the Super fast Sport Bikes. Heck I wouldnt mind owning an Aprilia myself!
As far as the Harley thing...I've had them since I was 8. Yep I was the only kid on the block that actually had a one banger 3 speed HD while all the rest of the brats had a Sears model etc. I'd smoke them out of the hole every time :wink:
Comparing a HD Road King (which I also had) to a Kawasaki Ninja or even the V-twin Italian Super Bikes is apples to oranges.
Those that own what they own, and know why they own it, is what it's all about...and thats all that matters.
:cool:

Unchained
04-08-2004, 09:06 AM
The same subject keeps coming up over and over.
I bought a new boat last year.
Now if I had wanted a huge cloud of blue smoke trailing behind me and wanted to become an expert in OB motor repair I would have bought an OB.
If I wanted to have the boat sit on the trailer and talk about how fast it could be if the water was flat I would have bought a V drive.
If I had wanted to become an expert at outdrive repairing I would have bought an IO.
I considered all the factors that I wanted in a boat and the jet was the best all around.

AdrenelineOD
04-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Why do Cali Harly owners feel they must wave at each other as they pass. I do like Harlies but I`m more a custome fan.(choppers)
I have a jet cuz of the underside clearence. I mainly want to ski so 100 mph is not a goal, and if i did have a v-drive I would have sold it to get a jet now that we will be starting a little skier here soon. I wave at people with skiers so they know I see them.:D

SANGER-RICH
04-08-2004, 03:53 PM
I have both, the jet is for the family the flat and hydro is mine. :D :D :D :D

CrazyHippy
04-08-2004, 05:39 PM
I dont have anything against Harleys or jet boats, just not for me.
As far as safety (someone else brought it up) A v-drive will be safer for kids, because there is NOTHING hanging off the back to land on when you jump off the boat. I've been around boats for over 20 years continuosly and have never been cut by a prop, never been run over by a boat, never run aground.
Maybe i'm just good
BJH:D

berk
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
why dont you fags ask a manatee which drive it likes best? i bet its the jet.....

CrazyHippy
04-08-2004, 07:50 PM
I like my manitees Pre fileted :D :D
BJH

AdrenelineOD
04-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
As far as safety (someone else brought it up) A v-drive will be safer for kids, because there is NOTHING hanging off the back to land on when you jump off the boat. I've been around boats for over 20 years continuosly and have never been cut by a prop, never been run over by a boat, never run aground.
Maybe i'm just good
BJH:D I do have a big problem with kids jumping off the headers:p
I will have both soon $$$$, I`m not a jet nazi..:D

matt1
04-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by CrazyHippy
As far as safety (someone else brought it up) A v-drive will be safer for kids, because there is NOTHING hanging off the back to land on when you jump off the boat. I've been around boats for over 20 years continuosly and have never been cut by a prop,
Why does everyone insist upon jumping off the back of the boat in jet you jump off the front (plus lotsa deck to get a running start)then use the pump to climb back in. At least thats how I do it:D

RedRocket
04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
jet boaters don't wear assless chaps.

1Bahnerjet
04-09-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey SANGER-RICH,
I have Driven both too. I just love the way a Jet Slides.
:D
but to be honest, & since you have both do you notice when you go from one to the other, the Jet feels like your Driving a Car with a Slipping transmission ? (seat of pants feel & rpm & speed)
but I just Love Slidin' the Jets. :D
Not to mention how easy they are to get on & off the Trailer
:D