PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa/Spanish Flat......

stashtrey
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Has anyone stayed in one of the cabins they have up there?
Does Berryessa have some nice beaches to cruise to?
I've never been there. Just reserved a couple of cabins with my brother and his family for mid-May. Taking a couple boats up there and hoping we picked a good place to stay.
I'm curious about secluded spots on the lake to cruise to... set up a base camp for the day and just have fun. What's the shoreline like out there?
Also... if you've stayed in one of the cabins I'd be curious to know what you thought.
Thanks!

Dave C
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
those cabins are new. Its a nice spot.
the lake is nice but the shore line sucks... unless of course you like steep shorelines with tons of rocks. ;)
there are some spots but they are hard to find. If you cruise around you should find something.
everyone seems to congregate at the north end in a cover under the bridge. good times

Her454
03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
ROTFLMAO, Wait till Jordy gets ahold of this one...........I'm sure he would LOVE to put his two cents here about those awsome cabins! :rollside: :rollside:

stashtrey
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Please elaborate about the cabins!!!
Is this a bad idea?
I'm not expecting luxury... just a clean place to sleep and a clean shower/toilet for my wife to do her business. I'm happy with a bucket or a bush.

deltarat
03-31-2006, 07:31 AM
When are you going to be there we, we have a group going on the weekend of May 19th. It would be great if by chance your going the same weekend.
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107848

Jordy
03-31-2006, 07:53 AM
ROTFLMAO, Wait till Jordy gets ahold of this one...........I'm sure he would LOVE to put his two cents here about those awsome cabins! :rollside: :rollside:
Yeah, those cabins are the SHIT!!!! Just make sure to take your own sheets, pillows, bug spray (as in Raid or the like), skunk repellant, air freshener, and I know I'm forgetting more mandatory supplies here. Oh and lots and lots of booze, especially if you're girlfriend/wife is any kind of an elevated maintenance individual because she's likely to freak the phuck out when she sees where she's going to be spending the weekend, especially after a couple days in a nice place in Napa with real linens and mattresses that are provided for you. :D :D :D

Her454
03-31-2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah, those cabins are the SHIT!!!! Just make sure to take your own sheets, pillows, bug spray (as in Raid or the like), skunk repellant, air freshener, and I know I'm forgetting more mandatory supplies here. Oh and lots and lots of booze, especially if you're girlfriend/wife is any kind of an elevated maintenance individual because she's likely to freak the phuck out when she sees where she's going to be spending the weekend, especially after a couple days in a nice place in Napa with real linens and mattresses that are provided for you. :D :D :D
Jordy, didnt you or PC take pics of those cabins? I think I may have some, I'll check through my pics from that weekend.
And they were not that bad.........but then again, I am not as "high maintenance" as Jordy's guest was LMAO. I had a complete blast..!

Jordy
03-31-2006, 08:04 AM
I had a complete blast..!
That's because you were drunk the whole time. Jello for breakfast anyone??? :D :D :D
I don't consider myself that high maintenance, but I had to take some time and count to 10 a few times when we first walked in, and then maintain composure when she walked in. :D
The best part was going back up to the gate and telling them that apparently housekeeping forgot to put sheets on the jailhouse looking mattresses. The lady didn't pull the cigarette from between her lips before telling me "Nah, they didn't forget. You're supposed to bring your own." :D

Her454
03-31-2006, 08:06 AM
That's because you were drunk the whole time. Jello for breakfast anyone??? :D :D :D
I don't consider myself that high maintenance, but I had to take some time and count to 10 a few times when we first walked in, and then maintain composure when she walked in. :D
The best part was going back up to the gate and telling them that apparently housekeeping forgot to put sheets on the jailhouse looking mattresses. The lady didn't pull the cigarette from between her lips before telling me "Nah, they didn't forget. You're supposed to bring your own." :D
OMG LMAO, the look on her face!!!!!!! And whats wrong with Jello for breakfast? If I remember correctly, you are the only one that joined me along with a few Bloody Mary's that morning..........:)

Jordy
03-31-2006, 08:07 AM
OMG LMAO, the look on her face!!!!!!! And whats wrong with Jello for breakfast? If I remember correctly, you are the only one that joined me along with a few Bloody Mary's that morning..........:)
It was a fun weekend. And yes I did join you for some jello and then bloody marys and then in the men's room. Lots of togetherness that weekend. :D :D :D
Oh, and you can see the cabins in the right side of this pic:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23PICT0945.jpg

Her454
03-31-2006, 08:19 AM
It was a fun weekend. And yes I did join you for some jello and then bloody marys and then in the men's room. Lots of togetherness that weekend. :D :D :D
ROTFLMAO! Nice dirty truck there...... and that is the back of the cabins. SOmeone took some pics of the inside........ I think.
And BTW, Jordy would never have been able to take that infamous pic if the Ladies room bathroom had worked at the restaurant................. :rollside: :rollside:

Dave C
03-31-2006, 08:30 AM
WTF Jordy... you think that place is the Hilton your highness.... LMAO ;) What were you expecting a bed and breakfast inn. LOL ;)
I'm telling ya, you Havasu people are spoiled with your fancy hotels and condos and everything..... Come on up to Norcal if you wanna do some real good ol fashion Norcal "dirt camping" ;)
compared to the rest of dumps that occupy that lake those cabins are like the four seasons.... LOL
BTW did she have the raspy 2 pack of cigarette a day voice?

Dave C
03-31-2006, 08:36 AM
and Tetanus shot.... LOL
now you know why we all own motorhomes up here. ;) ;)
Yeah, those cabins are the SHIT!!!! Just make sure to take your own sheets, pillows, bug spray (as in Raid or the like), skunk repellant, air freshener, and I know I'm forgetting more mandatory supplies here.

Her454
03-31-2006, 08:36 AM
WTF... you think that place is the Hilton your highness.... LMAO ;) What were you expecting a bed and breakfast inn. LOL ;)
I'm telling ya, you Havasu people are spoiled with your fancy hotels and condos and everything..... Come on up to Norcal if you wanna do some real "dirt camping" ;)
compared to the rest of dumps that occupy that lake those cabins are like the four seasons.... LOL
BTW did she have the raspy 2 pack of cigarette a day voice?
LMAO, here is a pic of the outside...and I hope you are not referring to me as "your highness"........I WASN'T the High Maintenance one....I had my sleeping bag & lots of jello and I was warm so I could care less LOL. Wasn't too bad for a few nights at least it was CLEAN.
I am sure OLDSQUIRT has some pics of the inside of the cabins, I'll send him a message and see if he can post em.
T
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/139cabins.jpg

Dave C
03-31-2006, 08:38 AM
NOT YOU T, those spoiled brats from Havasu ;) They got like hotel rooms and condos with real sheets and everything for going to the lake... ;) whats up with that?? what a bunch of pansys....
I know you are down with camp far west so I am not questioning your norcal-dirt-camping credentials.... ;) :)
LMAO, here is a pic of the outside...and I hope you are not referring to me as "your highness"........I WASN'T the High Maintenance one....I had my sleeping back & lots of jello and I was warm so I could care less LOL. Wasn't too bad for a few nights at least it was CLEAN.
I am sure OLDSQUIRT has some pics of the inside of the cabins, I'll send him a message and see if he can post em.
T

Her454
03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
NOT YOU T, those spoiled brats from Havasu ;) They got like hotel rooms and condos with real sheets and everything for going to the lake... ;) whats up with that?? what a bunch of pansys....
I know you are down with camp far west so I am not questioning your norcal-dirt-camping credentials.... ;) :)
LMAO, I may have been born here but I lived in Arizona (and Havasu) for 15 years LOL ;)
I guess my daddy raised me right............ :rollside:

Dave C
03-31-2006, 09:23 AM
norcal dirt camping is for the strong......
hotels and room service are for the weak......

stashtrey
03-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Wow.
It just so happens that we are going to be up there the 19th and 20th of May. I'm sure I won't miss all you guys in your crazy fast boats.
I'll be the guy in an 18' Spectra. Nothing crazy. My brother just bought a Ski Sanger.
this is good to know about the cabins. I'd have to say my wife is about as anal retentive/obsessive compulsive germ-a-phobe that you'll find. I guess I'm in for some bitching and moaning and sleepless nights listening to her cry and complain about how she can't sleep cuz it's 'dirty'.
Awesome. I can't wait. It'll be just like every other day of my marriage. :220v:

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
03-31-2006, 12:49 PM
STASH just find us and have a few cocktails and most of the pain just seems to get tuned out. You could tell her to sleep in car if rooms are not to her liking.
YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF HINGES ON COOLER ARE MORE WORN THAN HINGES ON TRUCK :crossx: :skull: :crossx: :skull: BIG JOE

stashtrey
03-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Right on. I'm just going to bring up a bunch of cleaning supplie and tell her to make like she's at home. GET CLEANING!
lol.
I'll keep an eye out for everyone. We'll have a few rugrats running around and if you here a guy screaming in the middle of the night to 'GET OVER IT'...... that's me. :boxed:

Dave C
03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
cool,
head north on the lake and when you almost get to the end, look to your left and you will see two bridges. If you hang around there, you should see some action!
If you're ol lady bitches you can always go to the hotel at Steele Park. It is a bit nicer.
Those cabins are still roughing it a bit.
Wow.
It just so happens that we are going to be up there the 19th and 20th of May. I'm sure I won't miss all you guys in your crazy fast boats.
I'll be the guy in an 18' Spectra. Nothing crazy. My brother just bought a Ski Sanger.
this is good to know about the cabins. I'd have to say my wife is about as anal retentive/obsessive compulsive germ-a-phobe that you'll find. I guess I'm in for some bitching and moaning and sleepless nights listening to her cry and complain about how she can't sleep cuz it's 'dirty'.
Awesome. I can't wait. It'll be just like every other day of my marriage. :220v:

Restless22
03-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Dave, you planning on a day trip that weekend?

ELIMINAT THIS
03-31-2006, 04:22 PM
norcal dirt camping is for the strong......
hotels and room service are for the weak......
Speak for your self. Sleeping on dirt is way over rated. :)