PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Carmichael

stix818
04-06-2004, 08:24 PM
I can't believe Suzuki picked up Ricky Carmichael (effecive Nov 1st). I was watching the Speed channel and they announced that Ricky's going to Suzuki. I never expected that!!!

DEEZ NUTTS
04-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Big risk in my eyes. If Jeremy could'nt win on one and Ricky doesnt pull it off then Suzukies must really suck. Ricky will do fine I predict but the racing is going to be awesome next year. Reed, Carmichael, Windham, Stewart dicing every moto.

ratso
04-06-2004, 08:33 PM
I think Ricky can win on anything...Reed is tough though. I remember when McGrath changed, I don't think he could adapt to the bike as easily as some riders do. He was too used to the 93 chassis. Should be interesting though.

ratso
04-06-2004, 08:34 PM
I don't think the bike will keep Ricky down...but the competition might.

SeaRayPat
04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
RC could win on a Bull Taco ..he is that that sick on a bike

DEEZ NUTTS
04-06-2004, 08:38 PM
I hope Suzuki stepped up their program. I't been a few years and one side of the story, but Jeremy didnt paint a very good picture of the Suzuki factory effort in his book Wide Open.

stix818
04-06-2004, 08:45 PM
DEEZ NUTS I agree. If Ricky fails like McGrath did then I would have to say the same. Sad thing is, I own two Suzukis'. I believe Carmichael will kick everyones a$$ in Motocross but Supercross may prove to be difficult with Reed around.

TRIMDOG
04-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Suzuki= Bayliner of dirtbikes. If Ricky still kills it with them he is truely the man.

Jrocket
04-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by ratso
I don't think the bike will keep Ricky down...but the competition might.
The best statement yet.The bike will be top notch,he's going to work hard for a win now.The competition is young and fast.

FryJet
04-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Its like NASCAR, the bike are pretty even and the rider/driver make the difference. Jeremy was great in the day but the new blood will get it done. I think Ricky will do it, that kid did killer wheelies on a wheel chair down his driveway when he was younger so that alone is proof.:rolleyes: I like his atitude too.
F.J.

Jrocket
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by TRIMDOG
Suzuki= Bayliner of dirtbikes. If Ricky still kills it with them he is truely the man.
Well first off,the bikes he will be on arent your basic off the show room floor bikes.Even then Suzuki has come along way with their program.They still have one of the best 125 amatuer programs out there,if not the best.Ricky can win on any bike he wants to,if he wants to.Theres no reason to blame any bike nowadays.

bigerich
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Carmichael was fast on the Kawasaki's, fast on the Honda's and will be fast on the Suzuki's, I think if he can stay healthy, he will beat all of McGrath's records. He is already the ONLY rider to complete a perfect season in the outdoor Nationals, now if he can just kick it up a notch to keep Reed from winning the SX title next year........ It will be interesting to see how he actually rides on the Zook!

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 09:23 PM
I Hate RC!
I'm glad he's moving to suzuki, I think he's gonna suck. Just my .02
I don't like Chad Reed either but he's rumored to go to honda which would be huge. Chad reed is awesome w/ yamaha, He'd be even better with honda.
James Stewart is my favorite rider. He's going to KTM, I think he'll do good with them, KTM needs someone like bubba to put em' over the top.
Sorry If I pissed anyone off. Didn't mean to.
Edit: RC will never suck just not be as good as he is now.

Waldo
04-06-2004, 09:36 PM
I heard Kawi would match any offer by another team to keep Bubba.

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 09:50 PM
That wouldn't surprise me, Kawi's got alot of money. I thought that KTM already signed him though. :confused:

SLAPPING_GLASS
04-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Hell when Mcgrath rode for suzuki he had waht about a month of testing then off and running and he still would of won the title if not for a flat tire one race an a broken front brake lever in another. damn he had to land a few of the jumps short to scrib off speed for a few of the corners in that race.(talk about talented) and as far as Suzukis money hell they have over 60,000 dollars wrapped up in Sean Hamblins Bike (personal friend) recent write up on Hammys bike said one of the fastest if not the fastest factory bike tested and handling is top notch also.
I just hope Hammy does not loose hie ride.As far as Stewart is concerned KTM wishes he would sign money is defiently there but the bikes handle like shit why do you think Jeremy retired could not get the bike to handle the way it should.and the Amatuer program kawa and suzuki defiently have it going on I have a 12 year old son who races motocross and he loves the kawasakis he rode them all ktm 65's yz,rm and cr 85's now he is sporting the kawasaki kx250f at 12 damn needs to hit the gym something serious now has a hard time holding on to that beast.Well sorry so long winded but i am at work and another 3 hrs to go well there is my .05 worth or was that a dollar worth.

DUNDUN
04-06-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm glad that you like MC. He was/is one of my favorite riders.
A 12 yr old on a 250?!?!? Can you say TALENT?

SLAPPING_GLASS
04-07-2004, 12:07 AM
Talent yeah he has a natural talent but it is the the 250f=125 class and the 450f=250 class but still he is pretty good he would love to turn pro so good lick to you my boy.pretty tough sometimes when he lines up for a race and i have to bring blocks so he can touch a little better he can touch on his tippy toes but still feels more comfortable with ther blocks and not only that wwhen you look across the starting line ,most of the kids in his class are 15 years old plus.damn 2 1/2 ,more hrs here at work.
P.S. ANYBODY LOOKING TO SPONSOR A 12 YEAR OLD'S MOTOCROSS CAREER E-MAIL ME LOL...

COELIMINATOR
04-07-2004, 07:13 AM
Suzukis new RM250 is a very, very good bike!!! Bayliner of dirtbikes???? Not a slam here, but I disagree. As far as Ricky goes, who knows, we will see. He is still very fast. Sam

Cs19
04-07-2004, 07:28 AM
Why does everyone compare what MC did on a rm to what RC will do on an rm. Factory bikes are not the same these days.
Its not like they take a bike off the showroom floor and wheel it out to the nats. or cross, that bike will be built around RC its not a question of the bike, its a question of the teams ability to put a good program togethor.
I personally think RC is going to be hard to be outdoors.I think Windham and Bubba can contend, but thats about his only comp.

Waldo
04-07-2004, 08:39 AM
If I remember correctly, MC had his own Suzuki "team" and it was NOT a full factory ride. I couldn't stand that he dominated the way he did but totally respect his ability and winnings. MC made Supercross racing what it is today whatever brand of bike he rode/rides.
RC has a huge amount of talent. Noone can say what he will or will not do based on what he rides. His contract starts in Nov. and the first round of SX is in Jan. Gives his a full two months of test and tune. I think he'll be up to the task.
Full factory support is huge in any sport. Both Hamblin and Tyler Evans have raced hard and placed well this season on factory Suzukis.
Lastly, I am very excited for next season. With RC, Reed, and Bubba, the racing should be incredible. At a couple of the SX races this year and last, Bubba had faster lap times on his 125 than the 250 riders. Oh yeah, don't forget about K-Dub.

Tom Slick
04-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Let's get this straight. RC did not leave Honda in favor of Suzuki. He would have prefered to stay at Honda, however RC is not stupid. Honda only offered him a 1 year contract. RC knows that a 1 year contract would be detrimental to his career earning factor, as Reed, Stewart and Windam have all stepped it up and are most likely going to beat him a few times next season. Suzuki stepped up to the plate and offered RC a rumored 2-3 year deal, which locks him into a big money deal until he retires. He now has no risk of not getting a ride if his performance falls off a bit, as he is locked into a deal until the end of his career. Pretty smart really, because if he did sign the 1 year deal with Honda and then didn't get the desired results, he would most likely be offered a deal for less money, or given his walking papers. If that happened he would then be searching for a ride and would have trouble getting the big $$$ that he is now locked into getting from Suzuki.
Honda is not stupid either. They have always had a reputation of using riders to the peak of their career and then they move onto the next big thing. With Reed and Bubba being the next big thing in the sport, Honda is smart to weed out the peaked out riders, in favor of the new hot shoes. With RC leaving Honda, this now gives them a whole bunch of extra $$$ to go after Reed or Bubba. The rumor is that they already have Reed, but then again there is also a rumor about Stewart to KTM, so who knows.
Is the Suzuki a good bike? Hell yes. Is the team good enough to win a championship? Hell yes, they have Ricky, Roger D' and RJ. Will Ricky win any races? Maybe, but Bubba and Reed are going to have to have a bad day. Is 2005 going to be the sickest year of SX and MX? You better believe it. Is RC going to have the motivation to beat these guys and Honda to prove a point? You bet.

Jrocket
04-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Tom Slick is absolutely right on whats happening.I couldnt of said it better myself.Well maybe I could!:D

Waldo
04-07-2004, 09:23 AM
Agreed Slick! Can't wait for 2005.

stix818
04-07-2004, 10:17 AM
True Dat Slick. Next year will be bitchen. I myself am a motocross fan but it's all good!!!!

Ducatista
04-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Thats kinda a lame-ass comment.:rolleyes: The first part I mean.
Slick has got it right
Yea regarding the second part your right. It's the same thing over in moto gp. With Rossi switching over to Yamaha this year, after ruling the world on the Honda, if he wins now on the Yamaha, he is truely da'man also.

DUNDUN
04-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Slick is right definately.
I can't wait for 05'
I think reed is gonna win next year though. I like Bubba but he falls alot falls alot. RC will probably get the #2 plate. Here's how I think it'll go:
1)Reed
2)RC
3)Bubba
4)K-Dub
5)Larocco
This is for SX, I don't know about mx but I do think RC will win it
Just my .02

Dribble
04-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by hallett flatbottom kid
James Stewart is my favorite rider. He's going to KTM, I think he'll do good with them, KTM needs someone like bubba to put em' over the top.
Have I been in a time warp???? Stewart's going to KTM??? They must be paying him a fortune. I think he could win on a Vespa

Tom Slick
04-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Dribble
Have I been in a time warp???? Stewart's going to KTM??? They must be paying him a fortune. I think he could win on a Vespa
I really doubt the whole KTM rumor, but hey stranger things have happened. Actually, that would be the strangest.:D
As for winning on the Vespa, he could probably win on that Vespa with flat tires!:D

DUNDUN
04-07-2004, 01:21 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the rumor was true. I thought it was already a done deal but I'm probably wrong. I think he'll be better off with kawasaki but will do ok with ktm.

TRIMDOG
04-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by COELIMINATOR
Suzukis new RM250 is a very, very good bike!!! Bayliner of dirtbikes???? Not a slam here, but I disagree. As far as Ricky goes, who knows, we will see. He is still very fast. Sam
I agree 100% w/ you guys that RC's deal and his new ride will both be top notch, and I'm sure he got good financial advice from those around him who care before he did it. Team Suzuki is a force but I'm sure for RC it was mostly about the money.
As for Suzuki dirt bikes, and quads over the years my opinion is this--- 100 people who've been riding for at least 10 years walk into a showroom and can choose the class or size bike, quad, etc. that they ride from any of the big 5 manufacturers and walk out with it for free. Do you think the Suzuki product would be the top choice of the majority? It certainly wouldn't be with too many of the pretty large # of people I've ridden with over the years. I do realize there is brand loyalty all around, don't get me wrong on that;)