PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Mohave/Laughlin next weekend?

RiverForUs
04-07-2004, 12:26 AM
We're heading out Monday after Easter for a week in Laughlin. May boat down to Havasu for the Hot Boat performance evals. Has anyone ever checked these out before? Is it worth it. May also try to hit parker for a day.

roostwear
04-07-2004, 05:13 AM
We'll be at the house Sat/Sun, hanging out in the River Bend area. Come on by Lazy Harry's for a cold one.:D

WUTWZAT
04-07-2004, 04:54 PM
The weekend after easter I will be in the Laughlin area trying to break in my almost new boat. Check it out.. 1978 General Marine, Says Ranger on it but doesn't look like a bass boat. But will be in the Laughlin are from the 17th - 21st, and then move south to Parker when the Bikers start to arrive for the Laughlin river run. I will be in Parker til probably the 25th if all mechanically goes well. Hope to meet some new people and make some friends. Here are some pics to recognize me by. Before motor but after painting trailer and cleaning the surface. Oh yeah, my name is Jason

WUTWZAT
04-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Here is another picture during the cam break in. Running a small block chevy 350 10.5 to 1 with a Jacuzzi jet, freshly rebuilt and needs to be broken in also. Autometer gauges new fuel tanks wiring all new as well. Let me know what you think, any critism is accepted, good or bad let me know before its too late.

Cole
04-08-2004, 06:48 AM
We will be leaving this afternoon if all goes well!!!
We will be staying at the Pioneer...you know the the "motel" with low smokey ceilings, and blackjack tables that are always empty with $2.00 minimum bets...
and a cocktail waitress named"Flo":D who looks like she has been there since 1968.... :eek: but she knows how to keep those free drinks coming!!!!
Well be in a Suburban pulling a pontoon.
If you see us in the water "aproach with caution".....girlfriend could be sunning "TOPLESS":D

roostwear
04-09-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm gone in 12 hours.... I HATE Friday countdowns. Never seem to get much done at work, and the day dddddrrrrrraaaaagggggsssss........................ ......

roostwear
04-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Finally! Outa here.............

monkey rage frank
04-10-2004, 10:49 AM
My freinds and I will be heading up the friday before 4/16
look for us driving the flammed out Cheata see you there

RiverForUs
04-11-2004, 09:49 PM
leaving at 8 a.m.. Will probably come back home Friday night. My 6 year old doesn't want to miss his t-ball game Saturday. He'd rather stay home all week to make his game than to go to the river and stay till Sunday and miss his game!
We'll probably spend 2 days on Mohave and a day out of Needles to the Sandbar and then onto the chanel. Trying to talk the wife into heading down to Parker for a day as well. Is it still spring break atmosphere out there? We'll have my 3 1/2 & 6 yr. old boys as well as 2 nephews (16 & 18).

roostwear
04-12-2004, 07:46 AM
It was windy Sat and Sunday, but we still hit the water both afternoons. Still better than not going......
Yesterday afternoon we went out in the afternoon for a couple hours. Came back to the ramp, and the wife got out to back the truck down. The ramp by the house is a small local ramp (might fit 2 trucks side by side if your lucky), so I make a habit of getting off the ramp as quick as possible. Anyway, I'm beached next to the ramp, and a Fourunner with 2 Seadoos pulls across the ramp to launch. He proceeds to start removing tiedowns, etc. At this point I'd like to get on the trailer and back home, but OK, another minute or two. Then, he starts one of them up, runs the smokey POS for about 5 seconds and shuts it off. He goes over to his truck, gets a bottle of oil, and lifts the seat. At this point he's been blocking the ramp for 3-4 minutes, and I'm getting a tad pissed. I figured, **** it, and got out of the boat and started to walk up the ramp. I got half way up the ramp, and asked him (as politely as I could) to please get off the ramp so I can get on the trailer. He looked at me with that kinda deer-in-the-headlights look, and said, "uh, OK", like he didn't know why I was upset. Now granted, sometimes people think I'm pissed when I'm not, and I TRY to be civil, but F'n A, what are these people thinking!
No real point in mentioning this, but had to rant a little.