PDA

View Full Version : Anyone boat at Pickwick or on Tn River?

Tn_River_Ratt
04-07-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm looking for other boaters around Pickwick.

STROKER ACE
04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
find any smallmouth

Tn_River_Ratt
04-16-2004, 02:04 AM
I did a couple of weeks ago. Will give it a shot again this weekend. Its hard to fish and get my Taylor LP finished and keep the wife happy.:D :D :D :D :D

rags
04-22-2004, 04:45 PM
was there tues had work done at pier 57,way to rough
just went for a short test run
i try to go about every week during summer.

Tn_River_Ratt
04-23-2004, 02:05 AM
Thats cool Rags.
I'm sure the guys at Pier 57 took good care of ya. What kind of boat do ya have? Mine is a 21' Taylor jet
I work in Memfrica but live in Middleton, just south of Bolivar.
Am a mechanic also. Drop me a line if ya need any tech support.

rags
04-23-2004, 06:53 AM
TN-river-ratt
I have a 98 BAJA 29 OUTLAW
pier 57 replaced a coupler and a ring gear ,so far so good
I work in memphis and live just outside in Bartlett
work for fedex,like almost everybody in mem.
do you work for one of the local dealers

Tn_River_Ratt
04-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Fedex is a decent company, it helps me pay for my toys too.

NashvilleBound
05-17-2004, 05:51 PM
TN_River_Rat... Ever make it to Center Hill? I'm permanently moving from San Diego (LittleTJ) to Murfreesboro in three weeks. We boat 4-5 days a week on Center Hill but are always open to new places...where the waters somewhat deep. I look forward to finally spending a whole season on the water. Percy Priect, Dale Hollow... maybe the TN river...
NB

Cbrown
05-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I go to the tombigbee waterway and pickwick on occasion. We were there two weeks ago but we have a wakeboard boat and mainly stay on the waterway where the smooth water is.
rags I also live outside of bartlett, where are you located I live off g'town road by the wolfchase mall.

Tn_River_Ratt
05-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Cbrown ........my brother lives close to there also.
I'll be at the lake this weekend testing out my new toy, if my parts come in (bellhousing &starter) . If all works out ya'll should see me between Bear creek and Yellow creek, maybe the falls also.
Nashville......I usually stay close to home. Maybe when I get all the bugs worked out of this boat I'll come up that way. I sold my other boat three years ago to buy another house. I've had this boat since March and replaced the floor, rewired everything, and overhauled the jet drive unit. I'm tired of workin on the D@#N thing.

NashvilleBound
05-19-2004, 06:26 AM
I dont know exactly where these lakes and rivers you boat on are but I will be looking them up once I get out there. I hear the working on the boat drama! No thanks, been there, done that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TN-Daytona30
05-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Nashville Bound:
Welcome to TN when you arrive. A few friends boat on Tims Ford Lake near Tullahoma TN. That is about 1 1/2 hours south of Nashville, but a beautiful lake and nice people. I have a 30 Daytona with twin 800 horsepower N/A Donovans
and a friend runs a 26 Daytona with a 1100 blown Donovan with a #6 drive. Come down and visit!!!
Mike

NashvilleBound
05-19-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the offer. Tims Ford, thats right off the 24 right? Maybe 25 minutes from M'Boro. I'm all good with that. when I get out there you'll have to tell me where to launch.
Amazing my whole life I've been traveling 10-12 hours for good water. Now its only 30 minutes in each direction. And it makes the best water in Ca look like kah-rap. 2 weeks & 3 days...not that I'm counting or anything:rolleyes:
NB

TN-Daytona30
05-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Nashville-Bound:
You are correct about location of Tims Ford Lake. Very nice lake, not too over populated and nice Marinas for gas, food,
or whatever. Holiday Marina is where you will probably want to launch and I live just 5 minutes from there on the lake. I will give you a phone number where to reach me if you want some help or want some help learning the lake. It is deep just about everywhere, so you really won't have to worry about hitting anything. And the Water Police are pretty nice around here. I run no mufflers and dry headers (water to cool, but not thru the pipes...just around them and don't have any problems. One is a good friend of mine anyway.
Looking forward to meeting you and hope the move goes well if that is possible:):). It is such a hassle.
Take care
Mike

NashvilleBound
05-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Easy move..sold all the furniture..paintings, plants..everything with the house. Gave all my old tools away...hook up the boat and a small Penske truck and were there! Can you say "Starting over?" ...something like that. Look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for the info too.
Jeff

NashvilleBound
06-10-2004, 04:39 AM
Well we made it. Just need a nice day to play. Maybe this Saturday on Center Hill.

TN-Daytona30
06-11-2004, 05:55 AM
Nashville Bound:
Welcome to the state of Tennessee!!!
Hope the move went well and are ready to go boating. Geez ,that 3 weeks a 2 days (but who was counting anyway) went fast. Well, maybe not for you, but seemed like it.
When you are ready to try out Tim's Ford, let me know and we will be willing to give you any help you need and will show you around the lake or what ever.
Glad you made it!!!
Mike mmiller@cafes.net

NashvilleBound
06-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Thanks, When I get a free day I'll give you a yell and we'll hook up. So far so good. I think we'll hit Center Hill tomorrow weather permitting.
Jeff
nashvillebound4@aol.com