PDA

View Full Version : Job Oppty in Burbank

MagicMtnDan
04-07-2004, 10:33 AM
The company I work for is looking for a facilities engineer. The company is located in Burbank. PM me if you're qualified and interested.

Kilrtoy
04-07-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry for sounding dumb, But what do they do....

j-rod
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Sorry for sounding dumb, But what do they do....
"facilities engineer " sounds like it's a toilet flusher to me! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
is it like a janitor? :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
"facilities engineer " sounds like it's a toilet flusher to me! :D
no that would be us.. :D :D

Kilrtoy
04-07-2004, 04:35 PM
I heard that people that fix toilets make cash, Even enough for a 29 DCB with twin , That is right twin 575's

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I heard that people that fix toilets make cash, Even enough for a 29 DCB with twin , That is right twin 575's
now why would you think a plumber could afford a DCB. those are bad ass boats.. specially with twin 575's. LOL!! :D

j-rod
04-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
no that would be us.. :D :D
no you're a turd chaser ! L.O.L. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by j-rod
no you're a turd chaser ! L.O.L. ;)
oh yah thats right. But I have a special hand shake with this guy they call J-Rod.. :D :D

Dave C
04-07-2004, 05:05 PM
my plumber crack friend always says...... smells like sh*t to you but smells like money to me......
I couldn't agree more....

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 05:12 PM
well the way we see it. is shit has to roll down hill. and everyone needs plumbing. so I guess. "shit does pay" LOL!!:D

cc322
04-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Try working in mainline sewer systems for the city, aint nothin a plumber see's gonna compare to what we do on a day to day basis.Im talkin huge mainlines and Raw sewage pump stations.yeah shit pays.:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by cc322
Try working in mainline sewer systems for the city, aint nothin a plumber see's gonna compare to what we do on a day to day basis.Im talkin huge mainlines and Raw sewage pump stations.yeah shit pays.:D
I wouldn't want to have to do that. the 6" lines here are bad enough. :yuk: although I would rather do a sewer line rather then a kitchen sink line. ;)

MagicMtnDan
04-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Here's the job description
Position: Facilities Engineer Manager
Description:
The Facilities Engineer will assume an important role, with both technical and operating responsibilities. This individual will be support the expansion and daily activities of the manufacturing operation by ensuring that tools and infrastructure are well maintained and that equipment installations and capital improvements are completed efficiently and without interruption of ongoing operations. This individual will also become the company’s expert on Health, Safety, and Environmental affairs.
This position requires both hands-on work and implementation of appropriate management systems, and the successful applicant will be a strong troubleshooter.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Development and management of a preventive maintenance program for manufacturing tools
• Maintenance of facilities
• Coordination of capital improvement and equipment installation projects
• Supervision of HSE programs, including “Right-to-Know” training, MSDS control and waste disposal
Requirements:
• Prior experience with HSE management
• 3+ years of maintenance and facilities engineering experience
• AS (or further education) in a science or engineering discipline
Desired:
The ideal candidate would have a BS or MS in engineering, and roughly ten years experience in maintenance and capital projects in a manufacturing environment. This person will have significant, responsible experience in a variety of HSE issues. He or she will have keen troubleshooting abilities and exposure to both mechanical and electrical systems
The ideal candidate will also be able to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and will be comfortable working in a “hands-on” capacity as well as on project management. She or he will also be fully competent in the use of common software applications and comfortable with simple programming tasks.
Preferred field(s) of study:
Mechanical, chemical, environmental or electrical engineering; chemistry.
Acceptable field(s) of study:
Any science or engineering discipline will be considered
Minimum years of industry experience:
Minimum 5 (w/B.S.), 10 (w/A.S.); prefer 10-15
If you're interested PM me

CMABadseed
04-07-2004, 08:24 PM
sorry dan not gonna be able to do it...i dont have the "years in" yet. thanks though, maybe in a few years
:D

Boozer
04-07-2004, 08:25 PM
So after you recruit this person will you be allowed to finally buy a boat?

HCS
04-07-2004, 08:31 PM
I have a college degree at. Ohio State Universal Technological Vocational
Politcal Enviromental Social studies of Frogs and Evolutional engineering.
Do I qualify?

Boozer
04-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
I have a college degree at. Ohio State Universal Technological Vocational
Politcal Enviromental Social studies of Frogs and Evolutional engineering.
Do I qualify?
Do you know the chemical process that causes the scrubbing bubbles to scrub?

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Do you know the chemical process that causes the scrubbing bubbles to scrub? farts.. LOL!! :D

ROZ
04-07-2004, 10:10 PM
DAn, I think some of these peeps appreciate your generosity of offering employment, but I don't know if anyone wants you as their boss :D