PDA

View Full Version : Dana Boats REGATTA!

OGShocker
04-07-2004, 02:45 PM
For details go HERE... (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=645474#post645474)
LAST YEAR!
http://www.danaboats.com/Images/photos-27-os/detail-1.jpg

OGShocker
04-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Wish I had a Dana, that's actually one regatta I'd like to go to..
Dana was one of the coolest mfg's at the L.A. Boatshow. :)
RD
I am at Tom's shop right now... He says "Thanks RD"!
Are you going to the River in the 16/17 of this month? Let me know and I'll PM you with details.
OGS

lightnin
04-07-2004, 11:13 PM
OG!
With all the food and great time that was had last year and meeting a lot of really cool people, (And of course, everyone had very cool boats as well), we wouldn't miss it for the world!
Tom is cool and takes a lot of pride in what he does and we know it will be a great time for everyone.
Lookin forward to it!
Lightnin

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by lightnin
OG!
With all the food and great time that was had last year and meeting a lot of really cool people, (And of course, everyone had very cool boats as well), we wouldn't miss it for the world!
Tom is cool and takes a lot of pride in what he does and we know it will be a great time for everyone.
Lookin forward to it!
Lightnin
Hey Lar',
Where have you been?
This years regatta is going to be GREAT! Tom, Mike and myself are working with Jokers Wild again. We have the helicopter for aerial shots of the boats, poker run and BBQ by Shocker. I will not be boozin' as much as last year so, the food should be ontime this time.. :D Glad to hear you will be there!
We are looking forward to meeting the owners of the older Dana's

G-Ride
04-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Strangely enough I am going to the river the 17th of this month. that's the circle races in Parker though, and I'm going to have a group with me so I will not be able to break away. Is that when the regatta is?? (2 weeks?) doesn't seem like there was much notice there?
Is "G-Ride" going out to the regatta?
RD
Funny you should mention that RD :wink: I had been thinking about that for a while now since I saw the write up of their last regatta in HB. That's really says something about a boat manufacture that is starting the company back up and wants to invite all boats that were made even under different owners. Hats off to Tom!! The only thing a think may be a problem is most of the boats of older DANA persuasion are under 23' and are shallow vees. I for one know that my boat doesn't do well in 2 foot Havasu chop!:eek:
Now maybe if it was in Parker ;) But I know Jokers Wild hasn't done anything in Parker since the All Jet Regatta a few years ago.Speaking of Parker, I'll be down again on the 16th. Sounds like you'll be around. Silvers on me.
JG

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 10:27 AM
G-R,
You should call Tom and get the details. Other "big boat" owners might have room for you during the poker run.

NastyOne
04-08-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm going to be at the river that weekend. I want to check out all the Dana's. Does anyone else on here have a Dana besides OG?
Any pics?

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by NastyOne
I'm going to be at the river that weekend. I want to check out all the Dana's. Does anyone else on here have a Dana besides OG?
Any pics?
ChumpChange
Lightin
Both own newer Dana boats.
G-ride owns an older Dana.(I think)

G-Ride
04-08-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm definately going to call Tom and get some information. Thanks guys.
Yes OG I have a 98 SS built by Don Wilson of Tempest Marine when he owned the Dana Powerboats name.Besides my signature and avatar-----> Here's one more.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/242P2030006-med.jpg

NastyOne
04-08-2004, 01:50 PM
OGShocker does.. It's the one in his signiature. I'm pretty sure there's a couple of other peeps too?
RD
I said besides OG.:rolleyes: :D

ChumpChange
04-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to get to this thread, sometimes a guy has to work! I'll be at the Regatta whenever it is, I didn't go looking through that thread that you posted OG to find out when it is.
I'd post a pic of mine on this site if I knew how to do it.

NastyOne
04-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Nice boat G-Ride.
I was really refering to the 27' though. The only ones I ever see are OG's and the one on the site (which is always at Dana) Is that one Toms or something?

NastyOne
04-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ChumpChange
Sorry it took so long for me to get to this thread, sometimes a guy has to work! I'll be at the Regatta whenever it is, I didn't go looking through that thread that you posted OG to find out when it is.
I'd post a pic of mine on this site if I knew how to do it.
E-mail it to me and I will do it.

ChumpChange
04-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Got to scan it first. Maybe that will give me something to do. But I will take you up on that offer soon. I see you are in La Verne, can you just come and take a picture of it?
Mine was the American flag at the LA Boat Show.

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Nice boat G-Ride.
I was really refering to the 27' though. The only ones I ever see are OG's and the one on the site (which is always at Dana) Is that one Toms or something?
NO! You know better then that. Tom likes OUR boat on the show room floor so people can see it. It is at the shop now because we are putting our NEW motor in it. Should be in by Sunday!

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by G-Ride
I'm definately going to call Tom and get some information. Thanks guys.
Yes OG I have a 98 SS built by Don Wilson of Tempest Marine when he owned the Dana Powerboats name.Besides my signature and avatar-----> Here's one more.
Nice ride G! or Nice, G-Ride! Either way, she looks great!

ChumpChange
04-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Hey OG, if you are at the shop, will you take a picture of mine and post it on here!
New Engine? Is that a special engine?

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by ChumpChange
Hey OG, if you are at the shop, will you take a picture of mine and post it on here!
New Engine? Is that a special engine?
You need to pick your boat up and go to the water! He who dies with the most hours, WINS!!!!
I will, if I have a chance.
I bought a reworked 496 HO whipple. All the right parts in the top end. I will post a "my new motor" thread when I have all the facts on paper. Today's dyno sheet has it at 600HP and 711ft lb of torque. More to follow!

ChumpChange
04-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Ive only had that boat since February and have already been to Havasu twice, Elsinore once and Newport to Long Beach. I didn't buy that boat to have it sit. Im actually picking it up tomorrow and will be up in Havasu the weekend of the 16th.

NastyOne
04-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Ya I can take a pic. Make sure its clean:D

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Ya I can take a pic. Make sure its clean:D http://www.danaboats.com/Images/gallery/27%20gallery/102702-R1-3.jpg Like this?

NastyOne
04-08-2004, 03:05 PM
I know your holding out on all the "good pics":D

OGShocker
04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
I know your holding out on all the "good pics":D
Yes I am!:D

lightnin
04-09-2004, 11:36 PM
OG!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it again! It's been a while since I've been out. Went last week and didn't take my boat and it about killed me!
We'll be going next week as well!
Looks like they're having a big poker run the same weekend and it oughta be cool.
Are you going to be there next weekend?
Lightnin'

OGShocker
04-10-2004, 10:26 AM
We will be in Havasu next weekend. Look forward to seeing you!

OGShocker
04-16-2004, 05:59 AM
If you guys know any onwers of any Dana Boat ever made please tell them to Contact Dana Performance Boats @ 909.399.4044 for details on the Regatta.
Thank you,
OGS