PDA

View Full Version : New BMW 745h (Hydrogen)

bigq
04-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Very cool setup. I think BMW is on the right track here.
745h (http://www.thenewsletterplace.com/039savage/issue8/article1.htm)

Super D
04-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Totally right on.
I'm sure the oil guys will fight this hard. Hmmmm...wonder what Mr. Bush thinks about this?:wink:

MagicMtnDan
04-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Super D
Totally right on.
I'm sure the oil guys will fight this hard. Hmmmm...wonder what Mr. Bush thinks about this?:wink:
Yeah, President Bush is going to fight this hard and use all his power to influence BMW and persuade them to not sell the car here in the United States. We all know the war in Iraq is about oil that's why we've gotten none of it and that's why we're paying high prices at the pump.
Huh

Dr. Eagle
04-07-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Super D
Totally right on.
Actually he has totally supported it. Only problem is it takes so much energy to make the Hydrogen. It takes a lot of electricity to separate the oxygen and the hydrogen from water via electrolosis. Minor flaw in the plan...:confused:

CMABadseed
04-07-2004, 08:22 PM
i for one dont want to drive "the hindenburg" at 75 on the freeway. one accident other than a fender bender (very small) and that could do it for you and the car that hit you and anything else that would be close.
:(

CrazyHippy
04-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
i for one dont want to drive "the hindenburg" at 75 on the freeway. one accident other than a fender bender (very small) and that could do it for you and the car that hit you and anything else that would be close.
:(
This may come as a shock, but the Hindenburg didn't burn due to being full of hydrogen. The fire was started by the doping material used to make the fabric waterproof made of mostly ALUMINUM!!!!!! 75% of the Witnesses to the Hindenburg Disaster recall Vivid RED flames. Hydrogen flames are almost invisble in Daylight, and are mostly BLUE in the dark.
If You feel safe in your Steel car, try lighting Steel Wool on fire. Steel burns quite nicely.
BJH

Sleek-Jet
04-08-2004, 06:16 AM
An entirely new infrastructure is necessary for the creation, distribution and use of hydrogen, and it is an issue of interest to more than just the economic and industrial powers in the world. The most important contribution politicians could make is to create a secure legal framework which facilitate the introduction of the new energy source and which make hydrogen a viable fuel for all
This paragraph says more about why we don't see hydrogen cars and trucks than anything else. Petrolium has the benefit of 100 years of infastructure developement. It's economically unfeasable to just flip a switch and say we're now going hydrogen.
But I suppose the greenies will want a tax on petrolium products to pay for all that... just wait and see. :mad: But hey, new taxes are good, right??

SoCalOffshore
04-08-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Yeah, President Bush is going to fight this hard and use all his power to influence BMW and persuade them to not sell the car here in the United States. We all know the war in Iraq is about oil that's why we've gotten none of it and that's why we're paying high prices at the pump.
Huh
Very short sighted comment. I suggest you re read President Bush's State of the Union address. He specifically addressed hydrogen/fuel cell research R&D. The comment on war for oil is not even worth discussing.

bigq
04-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by SoCalOffshore
Very short sighted comment. I suggest you re read President Bush's State of the Union address. He specifically addressed hydrogen/fuel cell research R&D. The comment on war for oil is not even worth discussing.
Yup, he is all for the technology. Seems like a lot of power potential also.:D

RiverToysJas
04-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
We all know the war in Iraq is about oil that's why we've gotten none of it and that's why we're paying high prices at the pump.
Huh
Bush has been supporting Fuel cell research since being elected!
I believe the war in Iraq is about a couple thousand Americans executed at the hand of terrorist that Iraq supported!!! Maybe the Arabs don't like that we are messing them and that's why we're paying more at the pump.
RTJas :D