PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesnakes

LASERRAY
04-07-2004, 09:10 PM
I watched "Venom ER." (filmed at Loma Linda Medical Center) on Animal planet last night and saw some pretty gnarley rattlesnake bites. One guy got bitten by a Southern Pacific rattlesnake, his hand swelled to the size of a small balloon, and he started bleeding from his orifices due to the blood thining properties of the SP rattler's venom. - Yikes!
Has anyone here ever been bitten or come close? Ever know anybody that got bit? I don't hate rattlesnakes, I just don't want to come across one.:(

rivercrazy
04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
I've seen lots of them. Almost got bit on a hike by a 6ft + Diamond Back when I was about 12.
I've seen a few sidewinders along the colorado river. And lots of sidewinder tracks.
Also seen them swimming in the little Kern River hunting for trout.....

LASERRAY
04-07-2004, 09:41 PM
I forgot to mention that the guy on T.V. that got bitten had the snake on his index finger for 15 seconds! That must have felt below average.:eek:

repo man
04-07-2004, 10:00 PM
i have killed two in my yard allready this year.

LASERRAY
04-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by repo man
i have killed two in my yard allready this year. :eek: :eek: :eek: That guy is simply huge! Gotta be what 6-10 years old maybe? Where was he/she when you found and killed-it? (Thanks for the pic -;) )

repo man
04-07-2004, 10:09 PM
under my deck, me and my flashlight and a .410 some scary chit man

FryJet
04-07-2004, 10:11 PM
i have killed two in my yard allready this year.
Jeez, did you beat it to death with a meat tenderizer or what? That things effen destroyed. :wink:
F.J.

LASERRAY
04-07-2004, 10:12 PM
under my deck, me and my flashlight and a .410 some scary chit man No Shit! I'd freak if I saw that monster. I'm a puss with snakes.:o

FryJet
04-07-2004, 10:16 PM
under my deck, me and my flashlight and a .410 some scary chit man
WTF? Why didnt you crawl under there with a little twig and start saying stuff like "aint she a bute?" and "krikey"? :p
F.J.

repo man
04-07-2004, 10:17 PM
i shot it with a shot gun one handed under a 3' deck just wanted it dead . if i didn't get it then it most likely would wave got one of my dogs later and that shit is expensive, trust me

repo man
04-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by FryJet
WTF? Why didnt you crawl under there with a little twig and start saying stuff like "aint she a bute?" and "krikey"? :p
F.J.
i got a buddie that just barehanded one in my backyard a weak ago , he's a sick ****. he ate that one

DUNDUN
04-07-2004, 10:31 PM
When I lived in elsinore I saw alot. I lived right next to a creek so they were everywhere. My dog found one, pounced on it and tore it to pieces! :D

Phat Matt
04-07-2004, 11:17 PM
We used to hunt them at the Salton Sea when we were kids. We'd go out in the dune buggies and atc's at night and look for their glowing eyes. When we would find one we would take a flashlight and shine it in their eyes. They would freeze and couldn't see you. Then someone else would walk up behind it and hit it's head with a croquet mallet. Then we'd cut their heads off and throw them in a bucket and skin them in the morning. We didn't fear them because we were with grandpa. We didn't know any better but nobody ever got bit. I was about 10 or 11 at the time. Sounds pretty unsafe as I think back at it. :)

Kachina26
04-08-2004, 05:43 AM
I've been in the High Desert 11 years now and still haven't seen one. Pretty happy about that. I guess the first time I left my wife alone to go to the river about 10 years ago, a Mohave Green cruised through the yard.

superdave013
04-08-2004, 06:10 AM
I mountain bike and see them all the time.
Most of the time you come up on them real quick and just bunny hop 'em.
First rider pisses it off so it can strike at the second rider.
I had one strike at me and he got me on my shin gaurd. got lucky on that one.
I hear it hurts like hell when you get bit.

Slick
04-08-2004, 06:27 AM
I used to live about 40 miles N. or Phx and caught them all the time. You get used to it after the first couple. I had a cool little snare made out of electrical conduit. It had a bend on one end with a thin bolt run throught it. I passed a piece of cord through it with a loop around the bolt. Worked like a charm. I'd just snag 'em and put them in an empty 32gal trash can, shut the lid and relocate them.
There's alot of pack rats up there, so that's why I didn't kill the rattlesnakes. They can really do a number on your trailer or vehicle wiring if it's left for a couple days. My dad had to almost completely rewire a Lincoln and I had to redo the horse trailer twice because of the little bastards.

HalletDave
04-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
I've been in the High Desert 11 years now and still haven't seen one. Pretty happy about that. I guess the first time I left my wife alone to go to the river about 10 years ago, a Mohave Green cruised through the yard.
For what it's worth....
Growing up at Edwards AFB since 1959 I have seen way too many Mojave Greens. I still run across quite a few.
In appearance they look a lot like the Western Diamondback but they can vary in coloration. I have seen them a beautiful pale green to an olive drab coloration.
You definitely don't want to mess with the "Greens" as their venom is both Hemotoxic & Neurotoxic.
They are some bad mofos. ;)

Dribble
04-08-2004, 06:33 AM
I find them at my house every summer. Last year one was coiled up by the hose in the garden. If I didn't see it move it would have got me. I've caught and released a couple over the years but mostly I have to kill them. We often encounter them while we're out riding the horses. They usually just get out of our way. We live close to Folsom Lake and a place called Rattlesnake Bar. There's a reason why it got that name.

Her454
04-08-2004, 06:58 AM
I live in Rattlesnake country now. Hate them. My last house out on lake Comanche I had 13 one year. Agressive bastards too. Found one in our motorhome under the engine hatch laying on the air cleaner. One under my car in the morning and it was striking at me with its head hitting the underneath of my car as it tried to strike...almost got me. They scare the hell out of me. I lived in AZ for 15 years and NEVER saw one. At lake Hogan in the 70's during the really bad drought years my sister had the luck of finding one coiled around the bottom of the toilet seat she was using in the restroom........didnt get bit but it was fun watching her climb the wall with her bathing suit at her ankles trying to get out. :) When the water finally did come up after the drought it brought ALOT of snakes out and my bro and my dad were out fishing in a small boat....they came across a "floating log" out by the cliffs....it was not a log, it was a cluster of snakes floating and when they disturbed them they were pissed off and my brother almost capsized the boat he was so scared.
Just last week a 2 year old was bitten by a Rattler on her porch just a few miles from here, she may not make it so pray for her.:(

SERIOUS ISSUES
04-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Lat summer at Bartlet lake (Arizona) I got hit by one. I got out of a boat and ran to the cooler to get a beer. My leg started to burn like hell and I looked around and down at my leg. I just some some bee's. got my beer and thought that was a meen bee (it hurt). got home that night and my leg still hurt and it felt like a rock was under the skin in my calf. my wife looked at it and saw 2 holes about 1/2 in apart.
never saw the snake but I know that is the only thing out there that would inflict that kind a damage and pain.

Tom Brown
04-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Here's what you do with rattlesnakes.
Find a recently dead one that looks OK physically. Feed a piece of 10AWG wire down it's throat that runs most of the length of the snake. Now, coil the snake in a fairly natural position and place something fairly heavy like a trash can lid on top of the snake.
All there is to do now is wait for trash day, sit back, and enjoy the laughs. :)

Chase
04-08-2004, 07:21 AM
I am happy we don't live closer Tom...I can see that you are a real shit disturber.....:D :D

Her454
04-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Find a recently dead one that looks OK physically. Feed a piece of 10AWG wire down it's throat that runs most of the length of the snake. Now, coil the snake in a fairly natural position and place something fairly heavy like a trash can lid on top of the snake.
All there is to do now is wait for trash day, sit back, and enjoy the laughs. :)
You are TRULY evil. :D

BADBLOWN572
04-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
Tom you are sick! I like it! Talk about someone having an accident in their pants :D
When we were kids, we would go on snake roundups. We would get on the quads and go find snakes around Silverado Canyon and Irvine Lake. I always killed the ones that I found. Usually I would get a stick, put it over the back of the head, step on the stick, and then wack the head off with a Machette. One of the kids that I played with (TOTAL HICK) had his snake farm. He would catch all types of snakes, rattlers, gopher, etc... and put them in a 1 gallon milk container while still alive. He would take them home and put them in his makeshift aquarium. He had two, one for poisoness snakes and one for non. Every time I went over to his house I always asked if any of the snakes had gotten out. He would always tease me and say one or two. Creeped me out. Now days, my opinion is that the only good snake is a dead snake.

Quality Time
04-08-2004, 07:40 AM
I've only come across one. I was more concerned about my dog while bird huntiing; she was not snake trained.
Silly question, how many different species of rattlers are there in CA/AZ area? I've heard of D-Backs, never the Green ones. Just curious & Thanks

Schiada76
04-08-2004, 08:06 AM
We used to round 'em up from the local hills when we were kid's and have snake BBQ's. They're fng freaky when you skin them out. With no skin, just a long piece of white meat, you can poke 'em and the head end still turns towards you. We kept two in an aquarium in my buddies back yard and fed them rats for about a year, let those go when we got bored with them. We were out on Havusu one night in the middle of the lake and found one swimming around he came swimming straight for the boat.:p

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Quality Time
I've only come across one. I was more concerned about my dog while bird huntiing; she was not snake trained.
Silly question, how many different species of rattlers are there in CA/AZ area? I've heard of D-Backs, never the Green ones. Just curious & Thanks
Quite A Few (http://www.montereybay.com/creagrus/CArattlers.html)

ratso
04-08-2004, 11:56 AM
I personally know 5 rattlesnake handlers and every one of them have been bitten at one time or another. I think those effers are crazy.

repo man
04-08-2004, 12:43 PM
i've tried to relocate them but there territorial and allways seem to come back . at 1500 bucks a bite at the vet i'd rather kill them

Quality Time
04-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Damn Laserray,
That's a bunch. I'll just stay far enough away from any rattling little bastage:eek:

charlie3277
04-08-2004, 01:23 PM
cant say that I have ever encountered a rattlesnake, but I ws bitten last year by a brown snake - one of the deadliest in australia I believe. That experience was definatly below average!

Chase
04-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by charlie3277
cant say that I have ever encountered a rattlesnake, but I ws bitten last year by a brown snake - one of the deadliest in australia I believe. That experience was definatly below average!
That explains alot......

charlie3277
04-08-2004, 01:37 PM
how that chase???:(

Chase
04-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Well they say that 9 out of 10 women become difficult after being bit by a snake of that species....:D :D

Chase
04-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Oh and the remedy for this......
in case you are wondering..
Is to post revealing photos of yourself

77charger
04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I have only seen a few one at a friends river house this ting was about 5ft never seen everyone afraid to kill it with the shovel finally one of the guys just grabs the shovel and kills it.It was outside near the washer/dryer area.Came across 1 while out target shooting about 3 ft away scared the crap out of me i stepped back and let my ruger 10/22 loose on it.
Also seen a baby one about 1ft long while at kern river It was crossing the trail i was on but i saw it ahead of time so i let it go about its way if it surprised me i would have blasted it too

miller19j
04-08-2004, 02:43 PM
I killed 15 in one summer in the back yard. The sound that the rattle makes can be heard from a long ways away. When the dogs find one you can hear it inside the house even with the windows closed.
I had a friend get bit once when we were bird hunting. We were walking along on a flat and I happened to glance over at him, just in time to see him jump up into the air. He fired his shotgun twice between his feet and fell back down to the ground. When I walked over to him he was shaking and pulling up his pant leg and there next to him was a dead rattler. He got lucky it didn’t penetrate his skin but left two little marks in his jeans. He was pretty shaken up.
I hate those bastards!

Her454
04-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
The sound that the rattle makes can be heard from a long ways away. When the dogs find one you can hear it inside the house even with the windows closed.
I hate those bastards!
Unmistakable, Unforgetable sound. :yuk:

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Quality Time
Damn Laserray,
That's a bunch. I'll just stay far enough away from any rattling little bastage:eek: Good Luck. Chances are that you've been near hundreds of them and never known it.:frown:

Drunk tank
04-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I hate snakes... all of them. If I come across one I'll blow it to hell with my mossberg.

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Drunk tank
I hate snakes... all of them. If I come across one I'll blow it to hell with my mossberg. Good! Then we can all have some tasty Rattlesnake fritters.:p

Rexone
04-08-2004, 03:38 PM
He fired his shotgun twice between his feet and fell back down to the ground. When I walked over to him he was shaking and pulling up his pant leg and there next to him was a dead rattler. He got lucky it didn’t penetrate his skin but left two little marks in his jeans. He was pretty shaken up.
I hate those bastards!
So was the shaken up because of the rattler or the fact he almost shot his foot off? or both?
I don't like them either. Killed one in the back yard a few years ago. Have quite a few around here. My dogs are now snake trained to hopefully avoid that nightmare of gettin bit in the face.

rivercrazy
04-08-2004, 03:44 PM
These two guys are walking through the desert to the oasis. They are about 10 miles from the town they left.
Over a rise one of the guys screams in terror. He was bitten by a rattlesnake right in the junk!
His friend in a panic and not knowing what to do runs 10 miles back to town and finds a doctor. The doctor tells him to make two small cuts and to suck out the poison.
He runs another 10miles out to his dying friend. The victim screams out "what did the doctor say?". His friend blerts out "the doctor said you gonna die!"

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
These two guys are walking through the desert to the oasis. They are about 10 miles from the town they left.
Over a rise one of the guys screams in terror. He was bitten by a rattlesnake right in the junk!
His friend in a panic and not knowing what to do runs 10 miles back to town and finds a doctor. The doctor tells him to make two small cuts and to suck out the poison.
He runs another 10miles out to his dying friend. The victim screams out "what did the doctor say?". His friend blerts out "the doctor said you gonna die!" HE HE HE! LOL! :D I haven't heard that one in a while.

repo man
04-08-2004, 06:19 PM
i'm in corona ,my vet is going to order the rattlesnake vacsine 4 me 4 my dogs, but has to order a minimum of 25 doses anyone else interested

hd&boatrider
04-08-2004, 06:56 PM
i'm in corona ,my vet is going to order the rattlesnake vacsine 4 me 4 my dogs, but has to order a minimum of 25 doses anyone else interested
My dog goes to AAA Animal Hospital on E. 6th. Is that the same place?

TCHB
04-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Parker Strip
One evening I was walking from our house to the water and heard a load rattle to my right side. I could not see the snake but heard it so I did not move. I had my wife turn a light on and it was rattle snake all coiled up ready to strike. We killed the snake with a shovel. I have also seen other rattle snakes in that area of the Parker Strip. The area is Emerald Cove and Desert Riveria.

Rexone
04-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey repoman, take your dogs here (http://www.gamelandkennels.com/pce/schedule.htm) . It beats the hell out of snake bit dogs. And it works. Gameland is right around the corner from Corona

repo man
04-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
My dog goes to AAA Animal Hospital on E. 6th. Is that the same place?
centenial animal on copton by home depot

bordsmnj
04-08-2004, 08:30 PM
made friends with some locals one day at breakfats in needles(willow vally) at JB's. met up with thm later on the water and while we're floating and talking this little guy is trying to climb their swim step! "hey,Bro fire it up and floor it! trust me you got an unwanted guest back here":p
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/130snake.jpg
snapped a pic SITTING on the engine hatch-would wanna join 'em.

repo man
04-08-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Rexone
Hey repoman, take your dogs here (http://www.gamelandkennels.com/pce/schedule.htm) . It beats the hell out of snake bit dogs. And it works. Gameland is right around the corner from Corona
looks like the next clinic in norco is june 26, 27 thanx 4 the info

Rexone
04-08-2004, 08:40 PM
works good, i go most years for refreshers. my dogs take one look at any snake now and adios the other direction. alligator lizards even freak one of em out now. lol. and she's a lizard huntin maniac.

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
made friends with some locals one day at breakfats in needles(willow vally) at JB's. met up with thm later on the water and while we're floating and talking this little guy is trying to climb their swim step! "hey,Bro fire it up and floor it! trust me you got an unwanted guest back here":p
snapped a pic SITTING on the engine hatch-would wanna join 'em. Can snakes strike in the water, or do they need to keep moving so they don't sink?:confused:

Rexone
04-08-2004, 09:30 PM
I don't think the recoil factor would be too effective but the swim pretty effeciently and can sure as hell bite upon arrival. I've seem em just swimmin along down the river. They seem quite comfortable in the water.

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 09:32 PM
I don't think the recoil factor would be too effective but the swim pretty effeciently and can sure as hell bite upon arrival. I've seem em just swimmin along down the river. They seem quite comfortable in the water. And extremly swift and agile. I'd feel almost helpless to try and swim from one. I get the willies just thinking about it.:frown:

Jordy
04-08-2004, 09:44 PM
From that pic, it looks alot like a bullsnake or some other non venomous relative. If you think I'm wrong, let him bite ya and we'll know fo' shizzle. :D :D :D

LASERRAY
04-08-2004, 10:39 PM
snapped a pic SITTING on the engine hatch-would wanna join 'em. Imagine sucking that into your jet. ;)

Rexone
04-08-2004, 10:57 PM
imagine cutting it off the shaft like a mushy ski rope and cleaning out the handhole.

FryJet
04-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Just remember, if it has a diamond shaped head odds are you should try to stay away. If it doest and you get bit and still die then disregard this. :wink:
F.J.

miller19j
04-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey repoman, take your dogs here (http://www.gamelandkennels.com/pce/schedule.htm) . It beats the hell out of snake bit dogs. And it works. Gameland is right around the corner from Corona My wife had that guy come up and give a seminar at our house.
It was actually funny. My wife’s little fuzzy dog tried to kill his snakes. When he shocked her it just made her more pissed off and try harder to kill the snake. He had to turn the zapper to full just to keep her away and it took about half an hour to train her. That little dog was determined to kill those snakes. When we were done it looked as if she was trained. But about six months later the dogs cornered a rattler in the driveway. So I am not really a believer in his course.
But it certainly can’t hurt

Her454
04-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Imagine sucking that into your jet. ;)
You just HAD to say that didnt you? I dont think I'll ever stick my hand in the cleanout again now..........:yuk:

LASERRAY
04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Her454
You just HAD to say that didnt you? I dont think I'll ever stick my hand in the cleanout again now..........:yuk: I'm sorry.:D But hey, what are the odds? Right?!:D

Danhercules
04-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Imagine sucking that into your jet. ;)
Looks like snake burgers for the grill!!!

LASERRAY
04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Danhercules
Looks like snake burgers for the grill!!! I've heard that Rattlesnake is goodeating. I've even seen it canned! If I find it i'll post it. I don't know if I'd eat it though. A little on the un-appetizing side of the hunger grid for me.:yuk:

AleAlchemist
04-10-2004, 03:05 PM
I have heard that the texture is a little like fish but, defenitly a different taste.

XTRM22
04-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Trust Me, It don't taste like chicken, it tastes like snake and it's not bad. I grew up in a little hick Arizona mining town and if I started telling snake stories we'd be here all night. There used to be a trading post east of Kingman that paid 15 bucks for a rattle snake over 30" with no more then 1 bullet hole, more if it was recently frozen alive so he could cook it and still sell the hide rattles, bones and head. I put alot of gas in my 72 3/4ton Jeep Gladiator with rattlesakes. I figure now based on Karma, I try not not to kill any snakes, I keep a hand made snake snare in my truck to catch and release rattlers, unless they A. scare the hell out of me or B. are a menace to my or someone elses personal or dog 's safety. To answer someones question about the number of rattle snake species in AZ, it's big. I've personaly dealt with Diamond backs, Sidewinders, Mojave pinks,Mojave greens, Timber rattlers,and Sonoran Diamond backs (very yellow and pretty), but I'm told there are other species of rattlers out there. If you can avoid killing them without questioning safety then do. they are a big part of our ecosystem. I have a freind who was bit 3 times in Texas and nearly died from it, she carries the scars of the tissue killing venom on her leg, she demands the death of every snake she encounters, I try to help out a few to make up for her and my snake hunting youth.
Chuck, one of the original Arizone RdeNecks

LASERRAY
04-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by XTRM22
I grew up in a little hick Arizona mining town and if I started telling snake stories we'd be here all night. I'll Listen! Thanks for your awesome post. I love a good snake story. :wink:

Debbolas
04-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Ok,
When I worked in the Forest Service back in......1978, there were lots of rattlesnakes around the fire station......The firemen would just use a shovel to stab their heads off, then latter that night we would BBQ rattlesnake over the fire. Put ENOUGH BBQ sauce on and it REALLY does taste just like chicken.
I've come across them surveying trail and if you back down and give them a chance to escape they will. I also took a first aid couse that said if you are bit, try to get the snake (dead) because they need to know what snake bit you before they can give you the anti venom.
One last story, In Texas at Possum Kingdom State Park (awsome camping spot) my little kids were fishing and I saw a turtle swimming in the water. I wandered down to take a photo, turned out to be some type of snake. My kids still tease me to this day, because I made them all run up by the camper (In hindsight, this was a bit over reacting, as if the snake would jump out of the water and come up on shore)
oh well
;)

Scream
04-10-2004, 07:59 PM
I've heard that Rattlesnake is goodeating. I've even seen it canned! If I find it i'll post it. I don't know if I'd eat it though. A little on the un-appetizing side of the hunger grid for me.:yuk:
There's a restaurant in AZ, near Scottsdale called Rawhide I believe that seves it as an appetizer. Gotta love those exotic dishes. It's pretty good as I remember

Ken F
04-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Tom Brown, your "wire snake" idea made me think of one of those stunts we did when we were kids. One summer, a friend and I decided we were going to start trapping. Did't really know what, but we were gonna be trappers. After several days, we had an almost grown bobcat in one of our traps. What to do?
We ended up thinking it would be pretty funny to put it in the mailbox & wait for the postman. It took us awhile, but we finally got it in there by opening the mailbox and holding the trap up to it and poking the cat with sticks till he went in.
Then we hid in some overgrowth and waited for the postman. Shore enough, he came at the prescribed time, pulled up to the box in his little square truck, and pulled open the door. All we saw was a flash! Something was making hot laps around the inside of the mailtruck, using all 4 walls, the ceiling and floor for launch pads! I've never seen anybody exit a mailtruck so fast in my life, and you talk about airmail!!!!
Needless to say, later that day an end was put to our trapping career.
Ken F

LASERRAY
04-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Scream
There's a restaurant in AZ, near Scottsdale called Rawhide I believe that seves it as an appetizer. Gotta love those exotic dishes. It's pretty good as I remember Reminds me of that movie "The Freshman" with Marlon Brando. Exotic Fare at it's best.;)

Rexone
04-10-2004, 08:59 PM
My wife had that guy come up and give a seminar at our house.
It was actually funny. My wife’s little fuzzy dog tried to kill his snakes. When he shocked her it just made her more pissed off and try harder to kill the snake. He had to turn the zapper to full just to keep her away and it took about half an hour to train her. That little dog was determined to kill those snakes. When we were done it looked as if she was trained. But about six months later the dogs cornered a rattler in the driveway. So I am not really a believer in his course.
But it certainly can’t hurt
I know there are some hardcore dogs that are tough to get the message through. But for the majority it works quite well. Mine haul ass the other direction as far from a snake as possible now. Patrick will even tell you though that annual refreshers are a good idea.

Dr. Eagle
04-10-2004, 10:14 PM
the part of Folsom where I live was called "rattlesnake hill" because they used to trap or catch the snakes out here by the dozens. I have seen them swimming in Folsom Lake just like in the previous posts... that'd be an unwelcome surprise to be swimming and have one arrive in your face....:yuk:

LASERRAY
04-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by FryJet
Just remember, if it has a diamond shaped head odds are you should try to stay away. If it doest and you get bit and still die then disregard this. :wink:
F.J. Yes, Three come to mind. The Coral Snake, The Cobra, and the Black Mamba. ;)

Dr. Eagle
04-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Yes, Three come to mind. The Coral Snake, The Cobra, and the Black Mamba. ;)
Asps....... very Dangerous.......You go first!!!!!

LASERRAY
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Asps....... very Dangerous.......You go first!!!!! Raiders Of The Lost Ark?:confused:

Dr. Eagle
04-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Raiders Of The Lost Ark?:confused:
Give the man a cupie doll....:D

LASERRAY
04-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Give the man a cupie doll....:D :wink: :cool:

Dr. Eagle
04-11-2004, 09:19 AM