PDA

View Full Version : Is dual pressure regulators required????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Ok heres another question. I have dual holley 750's(dp) on my tunnel ram. I am going to run a clay smith fuel pump. I know you need to run a pressure regulator on that pump. Do i need to run one regulator to each carb or can I run one for both carbs?
Why do people run 2 regulators on dual carbs setups?

Rexone
04-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Depends on what type of regulator you're going to run. The better deadheads like Mallory or Aeromotive you can get away with one, as also you can with the bypass type. If you're going to run the cheapo Holleys I'd recommend one for each carb as they don't flow alot.

waterslinger
04-08-2004, 10:37 AM
BG makes a nice one with 4 outlet ports.
BG 4-Port PLUS+ Regulator - BGG170023
The BG 4-Port PLUS+ is designed for high volume applications, this regulator offers excellent flow ratings and can maintain constant pressure settings while meeting the demands of today's fuel systems.

GofastRacer
04-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
Ok heres another question. I have dual holley 750's(dp) on my tunnel ram. I am going to run a clay smith fuel pump. I know you need to run a pressure regulator on that pump. Do i need to run one regulator to each carb or can I run one for both carbs?
Why do people run 2 regulators on dual carbs setups?
Regulators are restrictive, use a simple bypass after the carbs and forget about it!..