PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Offshore1

hot_diggity_dog
04-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Your contributions to the site have been superb;)
HDD:cool:

Quality Time
04-08-2004, 07:35 AM
LMAO:D :D :D

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 07:36 AM
What do you mean???
I just don't believe magazine reviews are totally objective and random.

hot_diggity_dog
04-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Just complimenting you on your (13) post so far!;) :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 07:40 AM
what did I miss. Damn it man. ;)

Quality Time
04-08-2004, 07:42 AM
You mean that the writers of magazines and newspapers don't always write the truth:eek!: :eek!:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 07:43 AM
if it was on the internet it has to be true. ;)

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Quality Time
You mean that the writers of magazines and newspapers don't always write the truth:eek!: :eek!:
If that were the case I might want to buy an Ebbtide or a Gekko.
or heaven forbid a Sunsation :D :p (that's a joke - don't over react)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 07:47 AM
well since I missed everything. what kind of boat do you have. ;)

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 07:59 AM
Top Gun
and have owned many others. Also have lots of buddies with various boats.

Mitcher T
Looks like the original thread got nuked. Actually, that is a compliment to the moderators here. They are doing their job.
Offshore1, I responded to your ORIGINAL question on BoatFreaks, so I'll do a copy and paste here for you. I beieve your question was very legitimate, and I hope my response will help to quell the issue. It just got out of hand, that's unfortunate.
So here goes:
I've found that there are a lot of politics involved when it comes to magazine coverage. I believe that advertising dollars goes a long way. But all things laid out on the table.......Sunsation has in its core a true integrity that is picked up by the magazines. The officers are all top notch when it comes to honesty and customer service. Like it was said earlier, find a negative comment by a disgruntled owner....that's gonna be tough. The Sunsation family of owners is as strong as you will find anywhere.
It costs a lot of money to travel these boats to the test trials, to spend time (and money) on the internet, to have annual rallies, attend poker runs, and promote goodwill and boating enthusiasm. Sunsation realizes the value of all of these factors, and willfully participates in them.
I personally have never worked with a more integritous group of people, and I believe the magazines feel the same way.
On a quality standpoint. I've seen and been an active part of the innovative processes that has made Sunsation a positive growth influence in the powerboating industry. While others are struggling to survive, Sunsation has done nothing but grow. Their attention to detail is second to none.
those are just a few of the reasons why you see so much press on them. It's exciting to see a company that has these qualities, makes for good reading, sells magazines, promotes industry enthusiasm, that's what it's all about.
I hope this helps. I don't know anything about boats, don't pretend to. But I know who to ask when I have a question, and I know the media side of it. The magazines are great to work with.
In a nutshell, though. Sunsation gets along so well with them because Sunsation is easy to get along with. They are a great group of people.

MRS FLYIN VEE
what is a top gun?;)

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 08:01 AM
It's just an average boat. :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 08:02 AM
do you have a pic of it to post. ;)

hot_diggity_dog
04-08-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Mitcher T
Looks like the original thread got nuked. Actually, that is a compliment to the moderators here. They are doing their job.
Mitcher T I removed the thread because it turned into the Offshore1 bashing thread.;)

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Since he makes a good part of his living from Sunsation, I guess I am not suprised.

sunsation98
04-08-2004, 08:19 AM
you just dont quit do you
YOU ARE A REAL CLASS ACT BUDDY

Reaper1
04-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Offshore1
It's just an average boat. :wink:
Modesty does not become you.;)
38' Top Gun = Great Powerboat!

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Reaper1
Modesty does not become you.;)
38' Top Gun = Great Powerboat!
38' is that a compinsation for lack of something? :confused: :D

Freak
04-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Offshore1
Since he makes a good part of his living from Sunsation, I guess I am not suprised.
LOL thrust that hot poker in one more time. You can't resist can ya. LOL

Reaper1
04-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
38' is that a compinsation for lack of something? :confused: :D
He he he

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Reaper1
He he he
LMAO!! :D
did you ever get your box anchor back? ;)

Reaper1
04-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
LMAO!! :D
did you ever get your box anchor back? ;)
Nope:( My brother ended up buying a new one. He's also on his way out to Havy right now, little bastard.
Good Memory Mrs. Vee;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 08:34 AM
that really sucks. I remember because I was pissed for you guys. and while helping look for it. I stepped on a fricken anchor and it pissed me off even more. ;) I bet the next one you will paint to match the boat so nobody can claim it. ;)

Mitcher T
04-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Actually Offshore1, I can see where you would think that. I don't feel that it was deserving being said, however. It was a cheap shot. I was trying to give you a professional, insider, informed opinion that I felt your original question respectfully deserved.
If you read the mags as closely as you say you do, you would know more about me. I am independent, and I work with, not for, Sunsation. True, They are my backbone account. I also paint half of the Black Thunders being produced, all of the Awesome Cats, and I also work with Nor-Tech, Checkmate, Nordic, and several other manufacturers and private individuals. I just agreed to be the sponsored painter for Chief Powerboats as well. If you visit my website or look at the galleries on the forums, you will see a lot more than Sunsations there. And a lot more than just boats.
This just got carried away, I was trying to stick to the point and help you out.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 08:47 AM
they were :argue: :argue: :argue: over something. and it's rolling again. I think. ;)

Mitcher T
04-08-2004, 08:47 AM
I'd love to sit here all day with my popcorn and beer. But the funs over for me, I have to get back to work at my real job. Painting a 36' Scarab, a 32 Awesome, and a custom truck, by the end of the day.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2004, 09:00 AM
o.k enough of the bashing. get some damn pics in here. :D

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Mitch,
I was not trying to be disrespectful. Sorry. Your talent is most incredible.
I meant that:
Like the magazines I would guess that you would not bit the hand that feeds you.
To answer other questions:
I have no problem with Sunsation boats at all. In fact I have no problem with any boat.
I said that Sunsation is an average boat. So is my Cigarette. So are most production boats. Maybe you want me to say Sunsation is an above average production boat. It is.
I asked on this thread
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44005
what your opinions were. Instead, only thin skinned owners flame me vs. trying to have intelligent conversation and explain thier reasoning.

Offshore1
04-08-2004, 09:35 AM
I wish I had that kind of cash to find out.
Honestly I don't know.
But aren't most companies like that to some extent?
When one of my buddies bought his Powerquest, he got them to customize it the way he wanted. Not sure to the extent of what he meant by customizing though.

Havasu Cig
04-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I can understand that a cigarette is a "production" boat, but from what I understand you can pretty much dump as much money as you want at them and they'll build them however you want? Hence "custom" right?
RD
Dave,
You are absolutely right. If you go to the Cigarette Forum on Offshoreonly.com there is a guy that is having a Gladiator built right now to his specs. As a matter of fact Cigarette is re-doing the paing because it did not come out in person like it looked on paper. They are doing whatever he wants to make it so he is happy with it.
My Top Gun, although I did not order it, was custom ordered by Dick Simon Marine from Cigarette. They picked the paint, power, options, drives ect.....No different than any of the three DCB's I bought.
Dick Simon also has a Skater and an OuterLimits on order right now, and they will be for sale as well. I don't think you could call either of these builders "production".
If you check out some pics of the Cig booth at the Miami show you will see some very custom boats. As a matter of fact I don't think Cigarette will build a boat until it is ordered from either a dealer or individual.