PDA

View Full Version : Is it looked down on to sell things in the forum??

Lecktrix
04-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Ive been poking around here for awhile now, and was wondering if it was proper or improper to offer things for sale on this website. Obviously everyone has seen my boat on ebay, but I also have a motor for sale. Can someone direct me in the right direction?? Thanks in advance!!

ACCEPTENCE
04-08-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't think it's looked down on. Most guys just put the word "Spam" in front of the title, why I don't know.
You might want to consider where you put it.
Motor ready for a V-drive, V-Drive section.
Blower motor, Blower Motor section.
Bla-bla-bla you get the idea.
If it's a problem you can bet one of the moderators will move it accordingly.
I say give it a shot, who knows it may be exactly what a fellow board member is looking for.
Extra note: These guys like to see pics so postem if you have em.

Kindsvater Flat
04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Greg's right, but if you're going to empty the garage post it in the gear head section.

superdave013
04-08-2004, 05:38 PM
We put the "Spam bla bla bla for sale" in the subject for the guys that don't like it. That way they can just move on and not bitch about it.
They don't like it when you spam the entire board with the same thing. Pretty much pick the forum and stick with it.
I think I would put an engine and parts in the gear head section unless they are v drive parts like a v drive pan.
Oh yes, we like pics with our spam around here.
Here is some spam click click (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48bearingpuller.jpg)

Fiat48
04-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Many of us run on used parts (at least I do) so we like seeing stuff for sale. And Superdave like pics. So, have at it. Rexone will step in if it's outa line. He's our Police Dept..keeping us on the straight and narrow. :D

Lecktrix
04-08-2004, 06:01 PM
How do I insert a picture?? I have a couple of images on my desktop, but cant get them into the text??

LUVNLIFE
04-08-2004, 06:59 PM
It's OK. Around here we like to see baby items, home appliances and old furniture. And yea lot's of pictures.:D
Actually it's alright as long as it's something we can buy and put in our garages.:D

Rexone
04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
What Superdave said is right on. Just don't spam you non-boat related crap on ***boat. The webmaster frowns on that. And like he said pick the forum best suited for the item and put it in that one. To post pics you need to register in the image center (main page to access that) then upload them from your computer. After uploaded right click the image and click on properties. Copy the pic address to your clipboard. Open a thread or post and click the little IMG button. A window will pop up in which you need to paste the pic address from your clipboard. easy right. :D