PDA

View Full Version : Spam: For Sale

SANGER-RICH
04-08-2004, 06:23 PM
1980 Sanger V-drive Flatbottom, Casle v-drive, new fuel tanks, no motor, set up for BBC , comes with motor plates, driveline, no gages, need some tlc on the paint, has tandom trailer with new tires, interior, basically add motor and go. I would like to to get 3500 for her but I am intertaining offers. REASONABLE ONES:D :Dhttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1040flat-med.jpg

ACCEPTENCE
04-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Is it a flat-flat, runner, or gull wing bottom???
Any pics outta the water???
Hows the inside look for stress cracks???

Kindsvater Flat
04-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ACCEPTENCE
I'm sure its tighter than yours.:D

LakesOnly
04-08-2004, 07:56 PM
What...like all those pic's of you outta the water? :D
(Somebody post one of those pic's...)
LO

SANGER-RICH
04-09-2004, 05:25 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247stevesboatrear3.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247stevesboatfront1.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247stevesboatint1.JPG

SANGER-RICH
04-11-2004, 04:54 PM
OK does anyone want any parts??? I need to sell this so I can finish my Hydro:(

1st Timer
04-11-2004, 04:59 PM
how much for one of those 'Spitoons"
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1247stevesboatrear3.JPG

VD CRUISER
04-11-2004, 05:59 PM
What length is it, and what was the answer about stress cracks?

SANGER-RICH
04-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Just a question :confused:
Is this not a boat that anyone would want as a project or is it a piece of crap?? or should I put it on ebay?? R I asking 2 much 4 her?? :eek: please Honest opinoins??

Beautiful Noise
04-27-2004, 06:31 PM
I think now days it just takes the right Buyer for a FlatBottom,Since you are entertaining Reasonable Offers you might just have to be Patient for the right person to come along:)

DUNDUN
04-27-2004, 07:12 PM
I'd buy it!!! sorry though, I'm only fifteen and I dont have anything to tow it with not to mention a license. I dont know much but It's a reasonable price for an 80' sanger flat IMO :)
Paint or gel coat? and what about the stress cracks? It seems like a great project boat from what the pics show IMO
Summer's the time to buy and sell, You'll get a buyer.

Itsahobby
04-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Yeah, what he said and it's tax time :(
Most peeps are starting to go out. Hang in there someone
will snag her up.
Hobby
Originally posted by Beautiful Noise
I think now days it just takes the right Buyer for a FlatBottom,Since you are entertaining Reasonable Offers you might just have to be Patient for the right person to come along:)

ssmike
04-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
Just a question :confused:
Is this not a boat that anyone would want as a project or is it a piece of crap?? or should I put it on ebay?? R I asking 2 much 4 her?? :eek: please Honest opinoins??
Rich,
Its not a piece of crap. Its a cool old Flatty!:D
BUT, 98% of the potential 18 foot v-drive buyers are looking for 2 things:
1. Newer runner bottom hull (preferably light/T-deck)
2. Legit Race Circle flat (Biesemeyer, Revenge, D.S., Bezer)
I would ball park your hull at $2500 (needs TLC) to $3000 (very clean) less motor.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. By the way, Ebay is a HORRIBLE way to sell a power boat, in my opinion.
Dont waste your $$$.
ssmike

Sleek-Jet
04-27-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm lookin for a V-drive, but I'd at least need a core motor to go with it.

waterloged
04-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ssmike
Rich,
BUT, 98% of the potential 18 foot v-drive buyers are looking for 2 things:
1. Newer runner bottom hull (preferably light/T-deck)
2. Legit Race Circle flat (Biesemeyer, Revenge, D.S., Bezer)
I would ball park your hull at $2500 (needs TLC) to $3000 (very clean) less motor.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. By the way, Ebay is a HORRIBLE way to sell a power boat, in my opinion.
Dont waste your $$$.
ssmike
What is the best way to get rid of it because I have a true flat that I would like to get rid of

DUNDUN
04-27-2004, 08:28 PM
If only I were older and I had some money. :frown:
From what I see, I'd buy that Sanger
paint or gel coat? Stress Cracks?

Sleek-Jet
04-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I know you do. And if I had the coin, I'd be up there right now buying it. It's a gorgeouse boat. A little out of my price range right now though. :cry:

76cole
04-28-2004, 04:56 AM
would you sale just the engine plates and how wide are they?
will they fit in a cole? thanks
76cole:cool:

superdave013
04-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Hey BBT, you must have use a real FLEX plate with this one. :)
http://www.pritek.net/forsale/plate2.jpg

76cole
04-28-2004, 06:19 AM
i need a set that is 26" wide for the cole. the guy that said he would build me a set has flaked out and now i am having a hard time getting my templates back. the guy never home.

superdave013
04-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by 76cole
i need a set that is 26" wide for the cole. the guy that said he would build me a set has flaked out and now i am having a hard time getting my templates back. the guy never home.
Who is that? If he's close to me I'll go by and get them.

ssmike
04-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by waterloged
What is the best way to get rid of it because I have a true flat that I would like to get rid of
The best bet is to keep it as a cruiser. You will never be able to recoup your $$$.
Otherwise, pick up a stock (read: inexpensive) motor and sell it turnkey. In my opinion, you are about 50 times more likely to sell it as a running deal than less motor.
The problem is that most guys have major attachments to their motors (time involved, financial and emotional) and want to keep the motor for the next project.
Used motors sell for a fraction of their worth. So, no seller wants to part with their blood, sweat and tears (motor) for a 1/4 of what they spent on it and "give" it away with the hull.
Consequently, cool old true flats are very hard to sell less motor.:D

Flat Happy
04-28-2004, 11:01 AM
I'm keeping my eye open for a nice Sanger flatbottom. Thing is, most are less motor. I have a 454 from a truck I could use, but it's all the assessories like v-drive oil pan, water pump, timing chain cover, plumbing, tunnel ram, carburetors, linkage, headers, etc. that'd kill my pocketbook if I bought all brand new parts. I'd rather buy a nice complete boat with a broke motor. At least at that point I can just rebuild the motor, which is a piece of cake for me to do.
SANGER-RICH, from the pics your boat looks nice. If I had some more money and a source for good used V-drive parts I'd be wanting to take a look. Plus, I need to dump a project before I get another one. People don't think your boat sucks, just bad timing or not a complete enough package for them to work with. I want a Sanger flat badly :(
Alan

Brendellaracin
04-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Hey Rich I think your about right on your price, maybe alittle
high. I sold my 72 Sanger bubbledeck less motor two years ago for $3,000. I was asking $3,500 and it took about two months to sell it. I think what one of the other guys said is true, right now
is just a tough time to sell things. I've had my truck for sale for
awhile now with alot of interest too.
Hang in there,
Marty:cool:

HavasuDreamin'
04-28-2004, 12:39 PM
One other thing to keep in mind is that for a little more coin.......say $7,500 - $8,000 you can get one turn key with a mild BBC set up. I think a lot of people look that direction as peicing one together is generally more expensive than buying one turn key.
Having said that, it is a nice boat at a fair price. Good Luck.

mickeyfinn
04-28-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ssmike
Rich,
Dont waste your $$$.
ssmike
Why don't you like E-bay? I have sold a LOT of stuff on E-bay including a couple of boats. I even managed to sell a bayliner. It had set in the yard for 4 years, didn't run and the floor and seats needed redone. I had been asking 300.00 for about 6 months locally. Put it on E-bay gave an honest description along with pics in the add and wound up selling to someone in colorado springs for 800.00. The guy drove straight through with his son and picked it up. Left good feedback too. Don't knock it unless you try it.

SANGER-RICH
04-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Flat Happy
I'm keeping my eye open for a nice Sanger flatbottom. Thing is, most are less motor. I have a 454 from a truck I could use, but it's all the assessories like v-drive oil pan, water pump, timing chain cover, plumbing, tunnel ram, carburetors, linkage, headers, etc. that'd kill my pocketbook if I bought all brand new parts. I'd rather buy a nice complete boat with a broke motor. At least at that point I can just rebuild the motor, which is a piece of cake for me to do.
SANGER-RICH, from the pics your boat looks nice. If I had some more money and a source for good used V-drive parts I'd be wanting to take a look. Plus, I need to dump a project before I get another one. People don't think your boat sucks, just bad timing or not a complete enough package for them to work with. I want a Sanger flat badly :(
Alan
I understand what you are saying , the timing cover comes with it and the motor plates rails and a casale v-drive, not the one in the picture, I need the wirlaway, [ anything can be worked out] if you want to buy the boat complete call me and lets talk. Basically you need motor plumbing and headers, I might make you a deal on the headers I have on the motor now if interested. PM me if you want to talk more

v-drive
04-30-2004, 05:07 PM
That is not a pos. I paid 2k for my 66 lavey craft less engine and while I am very happy it still is not as clean as yours. hang in there you'll get it, it's worth it:D v-drive

dmontzsta
05-12-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by v-drive
That is not a pos. I paid 2k for my 66 lavey craft less engine and while I am very happy it still is not as clean as yours. hang in there you'll get it, it's worth it:D v-drive
I paid $2500 for my 64 Lavey, it was oxidized and the motor was a bone stock rust bucket, it had sat outside for 1-2 years uncovered. It took alot of work, but now it good. :)

v-drive
05-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, the blue on mine is butt ugly metalflake and the silver is showing through so there isn't a whole lot I can do so i'm going to drive this B***h all summer. next year it will be different.
:D v-drive

mfrey
05-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Be patient Rich...it's a nice boat.

dmontzsta
05-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Well, the blue on mine is butt ugly metalflake and the silver is showing through so there isn't a whole lot I can do so i'm going to drive this B***h all summer. next year it will be different.
hehe, dont feel like the lone ranger. I think our boat was originally that metalflake blue yours was, but the dude who had it before (according to havasu hangin) gel coated it the way it is now. But when we got it the boat was one big stress crack and still is...hahaha...we can stick together two old chipping Laveys. :)

v-drive
05-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. I'm kind of thinking about the Lavey Reunion this year. How about you?

dmontzsta
05-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. I'm kind of thinking about the Lavey Reunion this year. How about you?
heck yeah. I have been thinking about it for the last 4 years. :D

v-drive
05-14-2004, 11:42 AM
D, September 27th and 28th Lake mead.......v-drive

SANGER-RICH
05-17-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm pulling the motor on the 3 day weekend, how do you do this with the tunnelram on it? or should it come off???

cal***boat
05-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by SANGER-RICH
I'm pulling the motor on the 3 day weekend, how do you do this with the tunnelram on it? or should it come off???
Rich I have a spreaded bar setup out at the airport which will work for you with out pulling the tunnel ram off.
If you need to use it get hold of me.
Dave

SANGER-RICH
05-21-2004, 06:06 PM
"COME ON" WE NEED OFFERS, ANYTHING WILL DO IF REASONABLE

slotracer
05-21-2004, 07:04 PM
i used a a-frame hoist to pull my engine out of my tahiti and put it in my southwind with the tunnel ram on the engine. i also built a spreader bar to use on the engine so i did not have to pull the tunnel ram. if you look on the banderlog board under slotracer for pictures of the transplant you will see the pictucres.
pat(slotracer):D