PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech vs.Superchips programmer.

little rowe boat
04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
I am in the market for a programmer for my 2000 F350 w/ a powerstroke 7.3 diesel and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either the Hypertech or the Superchips programmer.Which is better or which would you recommend?
Thx Lrb.:confused:

jenndon
04-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Had the Superchips.....never worked. It wouldn't upload the program... Don't waist your time with this one. They do have great cust service though
Have the Hypertech now....Smokes bad and I get a check engine light when I tow my 30' Weekend Warrior (10,000 lbs). Stained my chrome bumper black. Milage non towing is 10-13 mpg with 37" tires & 8-10 towing. Hypertech dumps alot of fuel and thats about it.
Save yourself alot of trouble, I just ordered the Banks six gun and get it tomorrow.
Alot of people like the edge, I didn't buy it because I heard alot of people had problems with it. Not starting etc....
Good luck

jenndon
04-19-2004, 02:36 PM
I see your in Riverside...so am I. If you can wait I'll let you know what i think of the Banks.
BTW I have a 03 GMC duramax...I know you said yours was a ford

jackpunx
04-19-2004, 02:40 PM
I have a quadzilla.. its a module so.. when you take it in for warrantee work.. you just unplug it.. I have it installed on my 250 if you want to come up and check it out.. Its amazing:D
actually. I just noticed that your running a 7.3.. sorry:confused:

H2O FEVER
04-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by jenndon
Had the Superchips.....never worked. It wouldn't upload the program... Don't waist your time with this one. They do have great cust service though
Have the Hypertech now....Smokes bad and I get a check engine light when I tow my 30' Weekend Warrior (10,000 lbs). Stained my chrome bumper black. Milage non towing is 10-13 mpg with 37" tires & 8-10 towing. Hypertech dumps alot of fuel and thats about it.
Save yourself alot of trouble, I just ordered the Banks six gun and get it tomorrow.
Alot of people like the edge, I didn't buy it because I heard alot of people had problems with it. Not starting etc....
Good luck
The "check engine light" is overboost. My Excursion does it all the time. Very common with any chip....so I have been told.

PLACECRAFT20
04-29-2004, 08:49 AM
i sold my powerstroke. but i had 2 of them with chips. when i installed the exhuast from the turbo back i quit having the overboost check engin light. i think the exhuast was 4"

Jordy
04-29-2004, 02:34 PM
I had the Superchips and it was nothing but problematic. I'd get the overboost service engine deal driving down the road not pulling anything. Went with the Edge/Attitude in December and haven't had a problem. I think it's the only way to go. :D

FunOnTheWater
04-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
I had the Superchips and it was nothing but problematic. I'd get the overboost service engine deal driving down the road not pulling anything. Went with the Edge/Attitude in December and haven't had a problem. I think it's the only way to go. :D
there you go, Jordy said it must me good;)