PDA

View Full Version : POLL: How long till I ...............

clownpuncher
04-09-2004, 02:20 PM
...... get my boat back. It's at Paul Pfaff and getting a complete engine rebuild. I already had to cancel my daughters bday at the river this week :( . Killed me to tell her too.
It's a Merlin 509 and gonna get all kinds of good shit put in. No blower, just about 700 hp.
OK engine boys, what do you think the turn around is gonna be?
Can't friggin wait to get it back. Paul's a really good guy with a great rep. so I got my fingers crossed for a good summer on the water

Kilrtoy
04-09-2004, 02:24 PM
I put 6-8 weeks, I dont care what it is, That seems to be EVERY COMPANYS LINE.

Havasu Hangin'
04-09-2004, 02:25 PM
What was wrong with it?
Ask WC on his timetable...I think it would depend on the backlog at the time...

little rowe boat
Wow 700 ponies that puppy is going to fly.Congrats,I can't wait to hear the kind of numbers you are going to get out of it.:cool:

ROZ
Did it have problems, or are you just going for more power?

Debbolas
04-09-2004, 02:26 PM
I put 2-3 weeks,
hope you get your boat soon!
We had ours built over the winter, but I know there is nothing worse than waiting for your boat.

Sleek-Jet
04-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I've always found it good to be a pessimistic. Then, if stuff works out, you'll be pleasently suprised. :D

clownpuncher
04-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I put 6-8 weeks, I dont care what it is, That seems to be EVERY COMPANYS LINE.
That's what I was quoted by Steve at PP
Ask WC on his timetable. What was wrong with it
I'll know more Tuesday. Who's WC?
Wow 700 ponies that puppy is going to fly.Congrats,I can't wait to hear the kind of numbers you are going to get out of it.
That's up from the 650. Figure while it's torn down ight as well add some fun. Not that it wasn't already fun :D It's still a fairly heavy boat so I'm not shooting for 100 or anything like that.
Did it have problems, or are you just going for more power?
A little of both actually. Somehow the valve train took a dump (too much to get into, can't type worth a $hit), and they think it tweeked the bottom end a little too.
Either way a complete teardown is in order. More power. That's good right?
I still love OTR and am greatfull it happened so early. Gives me hopes of seein some water for most the summer.

Dr. Eagle
04-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Hmmmmmmm
either there's a bunch of smartasses on this forum....(Naw! Really? Ya Think?) or you may want to get yourself a jetski for the summer......:D

Havasu Hangin'
04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Who's WC?
Whipper Caliber (I think he had his motor done there recently).

clownpuncher
04-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by little rowe boat
Wow 700 ponies that puppy is going to fly.Congrats,I can't wait to hear the kind of numbers you are going to get out of it.:cool:
You know, I'm not really into specs and to tell the truth I'm not into the thrashing that I'd get by posting numbers (Seen it done here a few times). I did learn that Paul Pfaff dyno's all his engines before they leave the shop. Good for me cuz it'll be broken in and ready to rock when I get it. Gas it and go :D

clownpuncher
04-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Hmmmmmmm
either there's a bunch of smartasses on this forum....(Naw! Really? Ya Think?) or you may want to get yourself a jetski for the summer......:D
I was thinkin the same thing

WaterBox
04-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Just hope it don't take a shit on you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

clownpuncher
04-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by WaterBox
Just hope it don't take a shit on you.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Why would I expect that?

RiverToysJas
04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
700hp!!! Yeah-Baby!! Now if you also have a Bravo Drive installed, you'll be in the 90s, easy!!! ;)
RTJas :D <- just pot stirring

clownpuncher
04-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
700hp!!! Yeah-Baby!! Now if you also have a Bravo Drive installed, you'll be in the 90s, easy!!! ;)
RTJas :D <- just pot stirring
Easy there RTJ. I heard rumor that ***boat doesn't allow pot stirring on any of their threads. Might getcha in trouble :D

C-2
04-09-2004, 06:16 PM
After graduating from the Pfaff academy, you'll be eligible to join SCOPE.
Purdy little poodle!
:D :D :D

HighRoller
04-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I knew all the Crower stuff in that thing would catch up with you eventually:D I'm hoping you went with the 700EFI setup, it's sweet! Anyway you go, that Pfaff deal should run hard for a long time.

WaterBox
04-10-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Why would I expect that?
I have heard issues in the past, I guess it just depends who you are.;) They will probably do you a good job.

Just Tool'n
04-10-2004, 08:36 AM
If it anything like my experiance, it will allways take long than you expect.
I had the motor pulled out in Nov 03, complete upgrade with whipple system.
Now the motor has been finished, & dynoed over 5 weeks ago, & just this last thursday the marine shop called & said bring the boat back in to finish the job.
All of my friends have been to the lake 5-6 times allready this year, while I sit here making lame ass excuses why I can not go.
My wife knows nothing about this, so mum's the word!
I can not wait till the end of this next week to finally get to take my pride & joy out.

C-2
04-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Just Tool'n
My wife knows nothing about this, so mum's the word!
So you didn't tell her about the Whipple install?
Damn dude, how did you pull that off! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just Tool'n
04-10-2004, 10:35 AM
It has been a little difficult, luckily we have separate accounts, so she never see's what I spend.
12 years and still going strong.

HighRoller
04-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Nothing is better for a marriage than keeping secrets from your wife...