PDA

View Full Version : I'll be changin' to "JB in Oklahoma"

JB in so cal
03-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Bird-Flu Pandemic Would Likely Start in California
03.30.06, 12:00 AM ET
THURSDAY, March 30 (HealthDay News) -- If a bird-flu pandemic does hit the United States, it may well start in California and spread across the country in just two to four weeks.
And the best way to slow its spread would be to have workers stay at home.
That's the scenario drawn from results of a computer model created by researchers at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's Fogarty International Center. And while the results of that computer model should be interpreted with caution, it is based on data from ordinary flu epidemics for the last three decades, said study author Dr. Mark A. Miller, associate director for research at the center.
So California, the most populous state, would be the most logical place for a pandemic to start, Miller said. Another factor pointing toward California is that bird -- also called avian -- flu is expected to arrive from Asia, he said.

GHT
03-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Move to Oklahoma and you'll have to worry about Mad Cow Disease... They have more Cattle in Oklahoma than in Texas... We can call you "JB the Mad Cow Bird Pandemic in the lower 48". It's a long name but it will fit... :D :D

Kilrtoy
03-30-2006, 08:15 PM
I have been following this....
and this is some scary stuff to say the least.
this shiat makes AIDS look like a sneeze in church :skull:

JB in so cal
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
If it starts here, there may be a TOUCH of traffic on the 10/40/15 going east carrying it!!
...can we stay at your house for a few months? :cool:

Kilrtoy
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
If it starts here, there may be a TOUCH of traffic on the 10/40/15 going east carrying it!!
...can we stay at your house for a few months? :cool:
Bring some hotties and come on down :boxed:

GHT
03-30-2006, 08:20 PM
It is scary but haven't only about 600 people, world wide, died of this? While tens of thousands have been infected? Also, keep in mind most of the people that have died of it are from third world countries.

bigq
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
It is scary but haven't only about 600 people, world wide, died of this? While tens of thousands have been infected? Also, keep in mind most of the people that have died of it are from third world countries.
WOW :rolleyes:

JB in so cal
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
To put it in a more manageable perspective (so far), an estimated 30,000 people WILL DIE from the FLU this year!!!
If 30k dropped as a result of bird flu, this planet would be phucked, but the flu?? ehhh? Not so much!!

beyondhelpin
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Ever been Mad Cow tipping. Its easy.
Come on out! Buy a big house on a big chunk of land. Hell you will even have money left over to buy a camaro or two and put them on blocks in your front yard. :crossx:

GHT
03-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Ever been Mad Cow tipping. Its easy.
Come on out! Buy a big house on a big chunk of land. Hell you will even have money left over to buy a camaro or two and put them on blocks in your front yard. :crossx:
Don't need to tell me about Oklahoma past times.. I spent many years in Miami and still go back to visit.. And I already have a Camaro (but it runs).

bigq
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
It has been about 175 or so all working with birds and 54% have died. :skull: I'm sure they will come up with a nice shot scam that works about as well as the flu shot we have now. :rolleyes:

beyondhelpin
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Don't need to tell me about Oklahoma past times.. I spent many years in Miami and still go back to visit.. And I already have a Camaro (but it runs).
As long as the Camaro still cranks your one up on some of the rednecks around here. Now I now longer wonder where you came up with the paint sceme on your boat! :crossx:

Seadog
03-31-2006, 06:17 AM
I'll volunteer to provide housing for at least six hot looking gals. :D