PDA

View Full Version : Blow Through Holley carb prep kit from Procharger?

Miguel
04-10-2002, 04:34 AM
Does anyone know what's included in that blow through holley prep kit, and is it mandatory for things to work right? I'm installing a procharger M1 on a 502 carb motor and just wanted to know.

shockwaveharry
04-11-2002, 12:31 PM
It includes nitrophyl(?) floats, jet extensions for the rear bowel and "J" tubes to replace the straight float bowl vents. I think thats all. The jet extensions are designed to prevent the engine from leaning out and the floats keep the carb from flooding so I would say yes, it's mandatory that they are installed properly.

Miguel
04-12-2002, 04:14 AM
Do you have a procharger system? and if so, how many jet sizes did you go up?

shockwaveharry
04-12-2002, 09:52 AM
I bought a used system but ended up not installing it. You can call ProCharger direct at 913-338-2886. They're very helpful and will give you jetting advise.

novaspy
04-26-2002, 05:54 AM
If you already have the engine running with out the blower, and it seems to be jetted properly. They recomend stepping up at least 8 to 10 jet sizes on the rear, leave the front alone to start. Try this and read the plugs and go from there. How many pounds of boost?

Kurtis500
04-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Has anyone used a blow through system for any amount of time? Did it meter correctly? I'm curious, I almost did a turbo set-up years ago.

blown formula
04-29-2002, 11:21 AM
I have had a trouble free Procharger system for two years. The charger was on a HP454 full roller engine. As originally configured AKA: superrich secondaries, it sucked!!
The solution, after which it was perfect was to send the carb to Nickerson Performance. He remachined, flowed, filled, drilled & otherwise fixed all the problems the Holley carb has when used as a blow thru unit. No black transom, no fouled plugs, no backfires, etc. The carb is flow matched thru all venturi and ALL jets are the same. The carb comes back SQUARED. Worth every dime. My new boat is EFI also with Prochargers. Great units, but ya' gotta work out the fuel correctly. Nickerson worked with Procharger in developement of the M1 & he was great to work with. Good luck.