PDA

View Full Version : Need a cheap prop

Speedin' Ian
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Ok here's the deal, while at havasu last weekend my DD hit bottom while waiting for our trailer, meesing up the prop bad enough to require a visit to the prop shop. I got it in this morning but they say it will take 7-10 days, which isn't too bad, but I have a trip to Piru planned for this Sunday. Does anyone have a cheap prop they want to sell or even loan me for this weekend. I'm spinning a stainless 23p on an Alpha1 right now, but would take anything that would work. We usually just load our boat with beer and girls and head over to the cove where we spend the whole day playing football, swimming and drinking, so I don't need anything fancy. Infact i would prefer a lower pitched aluminum prop. Please help, because if I don't find a prop I'm going to have to figure out a way to load a buch of people and beer into a Blown flat bottom:D .

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 10:04 AM
I'll sell you this one for cheep:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/658Prop-med.jpg

Pointerman
04-13-2004, 11:27 AM
I'd help you out, but I'm in Northern Cali. Got a decent back up sitting in my garage.
Go to ebay and find a reasonably priced back up to keep on hand.

Quality Time
04-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Did not know that the word cheap, inexpensive, reasonable etc. were words used in a boat owners vocabulary:confused: :confused: :)

Speedin' Ian
04-13-2004, 12:53 PM
First off, thanks for the offer NastyOne:D , but I think that might give my boat a slight vibration.
Well pointerman now I know who to call when I am at Shasta;) .
For your information Quality Time I only used the word cheap, not inexpensive and reasonable:p . The problem is I'm a college student with a bad boating addiction, couple that with a group of friends who don't realize how exspensive it is to maintain three boats and you can see my problem. If I can't find one on the boards I'll just buy an aluminum one but I figured I'd see if anyone on hear has an old one lying around.

NastyOne
04-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
First off, thanks for the offer NastyOne:D , but I think that might give my boat a slight vibration.
The chicks dig it;)

Sandbar Junkies
04-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Hey Ian I have a 24 pitch ss 3blade collecting dust in my garage. I will send my # in a PM.

Speedin' Ian
04-13-2004, 01:09 PM
sounds good, let me know the best time to call

Schiada76
04-13-2004, 01:32 PM
How about a two blade for an 1-1/8" shaft?:D

Dr. Eagle
04-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Prop (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2471815757&category=26456)
Heres one.....

PanteraInVentura
04-14-2004, 03:17 PM
SI,
I don't post much at all but I think I can help a fellow boater out. If you havent found a prop yet I have one you can use, only if I can get a ride in your blown flat bottom, J/K. I live in Midtown Ventura you may be able to pick it up before you head to the lake I'm close to the 126.

Speedin' Ian
04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey Brad I'm not sure if I have a big enough sledge hammer to fit that prop on to my outdrive.
Thank you very much Pantera but I think I got one that's going to work, if not I'll keep you in mind. If we are ever at the lake or river together you can count on a ride in the flatty:D

PanteraInVentura
04-14-2004, 03:34 PM
SI,
COOL! I usually cruise the local lakes, stop for a cold one if you ever see me in my Pantera can't miss it not to many 24ft Panteras on the westside.

77charger
04-14-2004, 03:48 PM
I've got a 23 pitch alm prop for an alpha it is a smaller diameter than my 21 i have never used it but my friend di when i loaned hi my boat says it sucks but does the job(as compared to my 21 stls).If you need it pm me i am in fullerton

Outnumbered
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Speedin' Ian
Ok here's the deal, while at havasu last weekend my DD hit bottom while waiting for our trailer, meesing up the prop bad enough to require a visit to the prop shop. I got it in this morning but they say it will take 7-10 days, which isn't too bad, but I have a trip to Piru planned for this Sunday. Does anyone have a cheap prop they want to sell or even loan me for this weekend. I'm spinning a stainless 23p on an Alpha1 right now, but would take anything that would work. We usually just load our boat with beer and girls and head over to the cove where we spend the whole day playing football, swimming and drinking, so I don't need anything fancy. Infact i would prefer a lower pitched aluminum prop. Please help, because if I don't find a prop I'm going to have to figure out a way to load a buch of people and beer into a Blown flat bottom:D .
Ian, you may wan't to buy a cheap alum prop and just keep it in the boat. That way you can always get home if something happens when you're far from home. If you run that busted prop even a short distance, you can damage your drive from the vibration. I always keep a spare in the boat.
Good to see all the fellow boaters helping a brotha out.
OL