PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pleasantcat!

Craig
08-09-2002, 05:46 AM
Well, gettting that 250 blower bolted on to the new intercooler without binding the rotors was a bitch. Couldn't use the flat gasket. It'd bind at 5 ft-pounds :mad: Ended up using the o-ring and got it to 12 ft-pounds. Fired it up and it sounded good. Told Rick to use some av-gas since he put on that 8/9 pound pulley. Hope the motor lives wink Hopefully they'll have a good day in Havasu today and tomorrow. Told Rick to call me tonight and let me know if he and the motor are still one piece!!!
Craig

pleasantcat
08-09-2002, 11:47 AM
wow, i didnt think it would make that big of a difference using the gasket. i'm waiting on e reply back on a 10/71 kit to replace the 250. got nuthing but time to get this right.
i hope rick doesn't have any problems this weekend. i worry about how much he's trying to get out of that hull eek! i know my kachina was not that nice when it came to handling the waters of havasu.(and that was @ 73mph ) i guess we'll know monday or tuesday right.
are we still on for tomarrow???? i hope ihope ihope... i'm jonesing bad for some laketime.
have you talked to donnie about ( his non custom cupped 30" ) prop ? and will he be joining???

Craig
08-10-2002, 08:44 AM
I'm heading out about 10. I tried calling Donnie, don't know where he is???
Craig

pleasantcat
08-12-2002, 11:28 AM
craig, sorry i missed you on saturday. i didnt have a left seat rider. tried again for sunday and everyone woosed out. did you have fun???

Craig
08-12-2002, 11:49 AM
It was OK, I went by myself as well! Kind of rough out as usual for Pleasant on a weekend. You heard anything from Rick on how the boat ran in Havasu? I talked with him Friday night, didn't sound like it was building more than 6 pounds for some reason :confused: But he hit the same mph, about 72 @ 5000 rpm vs the 6000 earlier. He switched props but was going to try another Bravo Saturday.
On another topic, you guys have anyone at your shop that's good with a GM Turbo 400 trans? I have a TCI Turbo 400 that was good when I pulled it out of the GS 10 years ago. Need to have it taken down, cleaned and put back together.
Craig

pleasantcat
08-13-2002, 11:48 AM
craig, no i haven't heard a word from rick. i dont think you can get much more mph out of that bottom. i was told by ( another manufacturer ) that it wouldnt do over 75-80 .
as far as tranny guy's we've got one who's good that i trust. if you've ever done a tranny the th400 is super simple to build. i've done 20 or so myself putting 600 to 700hp thru them. i'll get his number for youand get it to ya later ok.... sean

Craig
08-13-2002, 05:00 PM
I have to agree with you on the hull. I can't say for sure on the Sleek, but I know Tonys 270 Baja went about 69 with stock 502 power, Add 50 more cubes, more power, blah blah blah,now it goes 75. Maybe Ricks reached the hulls max design, don't know. Let me know on the tranny, maybe the next Monday, I can stop up and talk to him. Mark your calander for Sat. Aug. 31. A bunch of us are going to do a get together at Pleasant.

pleasantcat
08-14-2002, 06:25 AM
craig,
hope i'm running on 8 by then... 80mph accelerating 5200...5300...BANG.BANG...
sounds like i lost #4 exhaust valvetrain. it wont open for some reason. i'm tearing into it tonight so i'll let you know ok.... sean

pleasantcat
08-14-2002, 07:12 PM
craig, well..... looks like a broken arp rocker stud :D that rabbit foot once again has come thru for me bigtime. didnt hurt the cheapo pushrod ( 3/8 diameter huge iron ) it also left the poly lock and manley 1.7 fully rollered rocker alone. WHEW !!!!!! i'm going to get a new rocker tomarrow and have her running by friday. anything you can think of while i'm this far in. i don't know how to set the lash cold so i really should have all the valves run. btw i had to drop the exhaust to get the rocker cover off. let me know what you think ok..sean

DogHouse
08-14-2002, 10:26 PM
pleasantcat:
btw i had to drop the exhaust to get the rocker cover off. let me know what you think ok..seanTwo piece valve covers from CP/Hardin Marine are the hot ticket here. The top piece lifts off vertically so you don't have to take off the exhaust. They are beveled to clear marine exhaust manifolds and are also tall enough to clear a stud girdle. Glad you don't have any serious damage.
-brian

Craig
08-15-2002, 05:05 AM
Let me know if you need any help. Hell, I'm only a mile down the street :D Can't think of anything major while you have it apart. Adjusting the valves is easy enough. Call me if you need more info. Ricks got my number. He's back, I thought. Surprised I hadn't heard from him on how the boat ran.
Craig

pleasantcat
08-16-2002, 08:19 AM
thanks guys. yeah im glad it's easy to fix as well. craig i'l call ya later on today or tomarrow. i've got your cell #. rick was pleased to hear that he can beat me now.

Craig
08-16-2002, 09:56 AM
Make sure you check with Rick, I got a new cell number a couple of weeks ago.
Craig

pleasantcat
08-16-2002, 01:07 PM
craig, thats the one you emailed me. i'll call ya tomarrow when i get back from lopers. hey brian how's the magic?

DogHouse
08-19-2002, 02:05 PM
I'll give ya a clue... I just placed an order from Summit for some FelPro intake gaskets, valve cover gaskets, and new head gaskets. Waaaaahhh!
-brian

pleasantcat
08-19-2002, 05:31 PM
parque??? going faster or putting back together????

DogHouse
08-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Pretty sure I toasted a head gasket when the engine leaned out with a plugged fuel filter.
-brian