PDA

View Full Version : Yuma This Weekend?

TOBTEK
04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
ANYBODY going this coming weekend the 17th?

Mrs Luvnlife
04-13-2004, 08:03 PM
No, dammit!! :D

Jrocket
04-13-2004, 08:08 PM
What in the hell is out there?:D Nothing!

TOBTEK
04-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
No, dammit!! :D
you and the MR need to come down and check it out. Very boring compaired to HAVAFEW I must admit. BUT relaxing. VERY good for the kids, very family friendly.....

TOBTEK
04-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
What in the hell is out there?:D Nothing!
you should bring your boat down "J"......you could be the BIG BOY on the block with yours thats for sure!

Mrs Luvnlife
04-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by TOBTEK
you and the MR need to come down and check it out. Very boring compaired to HAVAFEW I must admit. BUT relaxing. VERY good for the kids, very family friendly.....
Definitely have to check it out, I don't need the Havasu craziness, just a fix now and then :D, but the word 'relaxing' really sticks out, I like that and need that! :D Kid and family friendly works too! :D

Jrocket
04-14-2004, 06:44 AM
you should bring your boat down "J"......you could be the BIG BOY on the block with yours thats for sure!
Oh yeah? And come back without an outdrive too!:D

TOBTEK
04-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Oh yeah? And come back without an outdrive too!:D
its not THAT BAD...yeah some spots are shallow....ya just have to open :eek: your eyes.....:D plus it isnt rocky like parker, its just sand. There are alot of big boats down in yuma...you would have no worries.

truksnboats
04-14-2004, 09:40 AM
I'll heading out to Blythe to bring the boat back for the season tune-up. Probably gonna drop the boat in on the weekend.

GrapeApe
04-14-2004, 01:46 PM
We are going out there next weekend... Easter weekend was fun... Windy as Hell on Sunday though..
*** Grape Ape ***

RiverRatMike
04-14-2004, 01:50 PM
I'll be in Parker stripping it!

Screaming Pete
04-15-2004, 07:22 AM
ANYBODY going this coming weekend the 17th?
TOB, Your starting to piss me off!!! WTF can't we ever plan the same weekend at the lower river, I think I need a drink!!!:rolleyes:

GrapeApe
04-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete
TOB, Your starting to piss me off!!! WTF can't we ever plan the same weekend at the lower river, I think I need a drink!!!:rolleyes:
Pete, are you going to be out there next weekend? I missed you over Easter Weekend... Maybe I just avoided you and those potent mixed drinks you make..j/k See you out there soon..
*** Grape Ape ***

Lightning
04-15-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm heading out this weekend, can't wait. Tobtek, i'll stop by and say wassup if I see you.

Screaming Pete
04-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by GrapeApe
Pete, are you going to be out there next weekend? I missed you over Easter Weekend... Maybe I just avoided you and those potent mixed drinks you make..j/k See you out there soon..
*** Grape Ape ***
\
I was looking out for you guys I even stoped by sat nite but you weren't out playing pool with the others so I kept going had the family and LS with me

Ziggy
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
its not THAT BAD...yeah some spots are shallow....ya just have to open :eek: your eyes.....:D plus it isnt rocky like parker, its just sand. There are alot of big boats down in yuma...you would have no worries.
And you call that relaxing:eek: having to keep your eyes peeled for shallow water. Spent many years up on Senators and a few trips up the river. Never was comfortable with it down there. I can relax just fine with the family in Havasu, no rule that says you have to stay in the Channal or Sandbar:D
But, admittedly I used to have a blast with the jetskis blazin' a trail thru the reeds.
Are you close to where Jeff G. and Tim B. have their units?

GrapeApe
04-15-2004, 01:12 PM
Thats why I love my Ultra Deck Jet Boat.. You would have to be a moron to get it stuck on a sand Bar.. Planes out in very shallow water.. And The Lower River is the only place I stay.. Usually..
*** Grape Ape ***

Screaming Pete
04-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Grape, I got a buddy of mine hammered for helping me at the launch ramp sat. and some chick that wouldnt shut her pie hole, that one was ugly:D :eek:

ROZ
04-15-2004, 03:15 PM
some chick that wouldnt shut her pie hole, that one was ugly:D :eek:
I like pie, what kind was it? :D

GrapeApe
04-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Grape, I got a buddy of mine hammered for helping me at the launch ramp sat. and some chick that wouldnt shut her pie hole, that one was ugly:D :eek:
Thats funny Shit.. Did you see your Girl "Pat Benatar". Her Man took a Bottle to the Head Friday night.. from what I hear.. I only saw the black eyes, broken nose, and head stitches Saturday on the Sandbar...
*** Grape Ape ***

Rubths
04-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Thats funny Shit.. Did you see your Girl "Pat Benatar". Her Man took a Bottle to the Head Friday night.. from what I hear.. I only saw the black eyes, broken nose, and head stitches Saturday on the Sandbar...
*** Grape Ape ***
Damn I hate when I miss the exitment:( I have a few business trips planned that extend into my weekends but I should be out in a few weeks. Got the trailer on spot 26 again so everyones welcome to stop by and have some sodas;)

GrapeApe
04-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Rubths
Damn I hate when I miss the exitment:( I have a few business trips planned that extend into my weekends but I should be out in a few weeks. Got the trailer on spot 26 again so everyones welcome to stop by and have some sodas;)
RUBTHS - Must be hard to work after a 6 Month Vacation..;) Did you forget how to sell? J/K... See you out there soon..
*** Grape Ape ***

Goodtime$
04-17-2004, 04:08 PM
TOB, what kind of bigger boats do you see down in Martinez?were way up River north of Blythe, the biggest ive seen is a 24deck aftershock.
Howz the water level down there, does is fluctuate as much as Blythe does?
I gotta save, i love the mellow relaxation of the lower river, plus I can float home for lunch etc with no crowds.

Rubths
04-17-2004, 04:42 PM
RUBTHS - Must be hard to work after a 6 Month Vacation..;) Did you forget how to sell? J/K... See you out there soon..
*** Grape Ape ***
Was very hard to get back to work after 6 months. I was trying to get through river season without a job;) but the wife was not having it :( I actually dont sell much anymore I am a consoltant for a Canadian manufacturer and represent there company to there US dealers. Preaty much babysit, shmooooz and keep them edgamacated on our products with the accational customer demo. The hard part is going to be visiting all the dealers sites:frown: lots of air time.
Check on my rig when your out there please.
See ya in a few weeks:D

Mandelon
04-18-2004, 06:10 AM
We will be out there April 29 to May 2nd. I think we are camping at Squaw Lake. Two families, one with no RV so Squaw got the nod since they have restrooms.
I don't expect to have sold the Carrera by then so keep an eye out for the Hot Tub. And the moron ;) who drives it.....LOL You should seen the brown roost it made when I hit that sandbar.....:D

Lightning
04-18-2004, 07:20 PM
Just got back, what a nice weekend. Saturday was nice in the morning - saw Tobtek heading up river with a boat full.
It got really windy in the afternoon. There was 1 foot wind chop on Martinez Lake with white caps - I have'nt seen that before.
Today was awesome weather, great water, not crowded at all and not too hot.
The water level is pretty high right now, no sandbars at all - just knee deep water.

Mandelon
04-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Wow that's deep. Makes horseshoes a real challenge!! :D

TOBTEK
04-19-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Goodtime$
TOB, what kind of bigger boats do you see down in Martinez?were way up River north of Blythe, the biggest ive seen is a 24deck aftershock.
Howz the water level down there, does is fluctuate as much as Blythe does?
I gotta save, i love the mellow relaxation of the lower river, plus I can float home for lunch etc with no crowds.
I wish id taken a picture of the guy who now has a place at H/S....with his new 28foot advantage deckboat....for YUMA:eek: ,,,,,,,now thats BIG for yuma.
GOT VERY nasty on sat afternoon........like a typhoon/ sand storm!. The launch ramp was very enteraining to say the least. Looked like the marina in the movie "JAWS"

TOBTEK
04-19-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Lightning
Just got back, what a nice weekend. Saturday was nice in the morning - saw Tobtek heading up river with a boat full.
It got really windy in the afternoon. There was 1 foot wind chop on Martinez Lake with white caps - I have'nt seen that before.
Today was awesome weather, great water, not crowded at all and not too hot.
The water level is pretty high right now, no sandbars at all - just knee deep water.
where were you at? I knew you were out there somewhere, was looking for someone waiving by a ultra/lightning but I only saw like 50 on the way up to picacho;) ....man John has sold a ton of those things. It was still to cold for me, I was freezing my BUTT off. Got sun burned big time although....ouch
Did finally meet the famous "cheezepanel" by camp.....another DCB homey...........

cheezpanel
04-19-2004, 05:57 AM
We split Saturday around noon. It was blown out in the desert...the truck was all over the place. Toby, it was cool finally meeting you. We'll be out in 2 weeks...have fun at bbsp.
Bill

Lightning
04-19-2004, 08:17 AM
where were you at? I knew you were out there somewhere, was looking for someone waiving by a ultra/lightning but I only saw like 50 on the way up to picacho;) ....man John has sold a ton of those things. It was still to cold for me, I was freezing my BUTT off. Got sun burned big time although....ouch
Did finally meet the famous "cheezepanel" by camp.....another DCB homey...........
We were just south of Fishers, south of the island. You were "drag racing" the patrol boat when you cruised by. There are definately a lot of Ultra's out there. There are also a ton of bigger deck boats out there - lots of Cheetah and Advantage.

TOBTEK
04-19-2004, 12:59 PM
We were just south of Fishers, south of the island. You were "drag racing" the patrol boat when you cruised by. There are definately a lot of Ultra's out there. There are also a ton of bigger deck boats out there - lots of Cheetah and Advantage.
"DRAG RACING".....righhhhhhhhht! I never got it past 45mph:rolleyes: all day.......I had a pregnet wife on board....and was afraid to hit any bumps. That and it was to frickin cold!!!!
Funny, but I still dont remember seeing a patrol boat around there........:eek: did you see the sheriff's boat and hover craft's and helicopter looking for the guy that tried to cross the marsh by the damn.....dont know if they ever found him????:(

GrapeApe
04-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Anyone going back out this weekend 4/24 - 4/25..? Hopefully More sun, more Girls, and less wind...
*** Grape Ape ***

Goodtime$
04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
TOB- 28foot Deckboat hahaha? wow i wish you would have taken a pic of that next to all the river boats.
I cant wait for the season to get started in Blythe and see what big buzzon boat tries to come up river this year.
Where do you launch in Martinez? never been there and wanted to try it out this summer. 8E to Yuma than north from there right?
Sandbars? I just have a basic 21ft wakeboat Vdrive
Big River to Havi is a short drive through Parker and up.
How does the 22 do with Car power, 454 marine block and xr drive?

Lightning
04-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Anyone going back out this weekend 4/24 - 4/25..? Hopefully More sun, more Girls, and less wind...
*** Grape Ape ***
I might be heading out, not 100% sure yet. I did not see you out last weekend - where were you hangin?
Goodtime$, you should be alright with your boat, I have seen a lot more wakeboard boats out the last couple of years.

Lightning
04-20-2004, 04:13 PM
"DRAG RACING".....righhhhhhhhht! I never got it past 45mph:rolleyes: all day.......I had a pregnet wife on board....and was afraid to hit any bumps. That and it was to frickin cold!!!!
Funny, but I still dont remember seeing a patrol boat around there........:eek: did you see the sheriff's boat and hover craft's and helicopter looking for the guy that tried to cross the marsh by the damn.....dont know if they ever found him????:(
The sheriff was trailing behind you for a while. Did not hear about the marsh.

SD MIKEY
04-20-2004, 11:32 PM
We'll be out that weekend too(may 1) I'll look for you guys, looks like a lot of peeps that weekend.

GrapeApe
04-21-2004, 08:21 AM
[B]I might be heading out, not 100% sure yet. I did not see you out last weekend - where were you hangin?
Lightning..
I didnt make it out this past weekend. I will be there this weekend, and next..
*** Grape Ape ***

copper
04-22-2004, 07:00 AM
We'll be there.:D

Rubths
04-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by SD MIKEY
We'll be out that weekend too(may 1) I'll look for you guys, looks like a lot of peeps that weekend.
You know damn right I will be there;)

GrapeApe
04-22-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by copper
We'll be there.:D
Ahh Wayno... Brushing up on your Horse Shoes...? My Brother and I will be out there this weekend. We will stop by and have a Beer with you guys..
*** Grape Ape ***

copper
04-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah. Got some new shoes I got to start practicing with after the asswhoopin you guys gave me last week. Boats running good. Should have the pergo floor in the new guest room tomorrow. Will be heading out around 10 tomorrow morning. Kerin is still out there doing painting and cleaning. See you guys tomorrow.

GrapeApe
04-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by copper
Yeah. Got some new shoes I got to start practicing with after the asswhoopin you guys gave me last week. Boats running good. Should have the pergo floor in the new guest room tomorrow. Will be heading out around 10 tomorrow morning. Kerin is still out there doing painting and cleaning. See you guys tomorrow.
Wayne... my weekend just took a change.. I wont be out till next weekend... My Brother doesnt have a sitter for his kids, and I couldnt find anyone else to go with me on short notice.. There is a big group of us that will be out next weekend..
*** Grape Ape ***

copper
04-22-2004, 09:24 PM
We'll be out next weekend too.

Rubths
04-26-2004, 06:34 AM
I just got back from shaking down the boat and have to tell ya all the weather was PERFECT! Wish it could be that way all year long:D The water has warmed enough to get wet but could be a bit warmer.
Whos going next weekend?

cheezpanel
04-26-2004, 07:08 AM
We'll be there Thurs thru Sunday...no dogs or kids either.:D

GrapeApe
04-26-2004, 08:38 AM
RUBTHS - We will be out in a big Group on Friday night thru Sunday. I am looking forward to it since my trip was cancelled this last weekend. Look for SDMIKEY in his new to him "Bayliner Rendezvous" 23 Tunnel Deck.... How quick before it goes in the Trader?
cheezpanel - wave us down, or find us on the sandbar. We are normally on the Big Sandbar throwing Horseshoes.
Copper - I think you get a Horseshoe rematch with Mikey & I. I hope Friday gets here quick..
*** Grape Ape ***

Rubths
04-26-2004, 10:31 AM
RUBTHS - We will be out in a big Group on Friday night thru Sunday. I am looking forward to it since my trip was cancelled this last weekend. Look for SDMIKEY in his new to him "Bayliner Rendezvous" 23 Tunnel Deck.... How quick before it goes in the Trader?
*** Grape Ape ***
You talk to me like you dont even know me:confused: Maybe I should find another homie to do all my loans:yuk: You bastard guy Im looking for a new tunnel deck myself or should I wait for a week and get a good deal on a bayliner when mikey is over his:D Going to look at some 24-27ft floor plans this week. The wife say ok on spending money again;)

bohica
04-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Rubths,
You gotta be kidding, Mikey bought a freakin Bayliner:yuk:
If your checking out deck boats, gotta check out the Conquest. I just ordered one this weekend.:D

Rubths
04-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by bohica
Rubths,
You gotta be kidding, Mikey bought a freakin Bayliner:yuk:
If your checking out deck boats, gotta check out the Conquest. I just ordered one this weekend.:D
Yup moved to Lakeside and bought a bayliner all in the same month. Too effing funny huh. Hey give me a call on that boat thing I think we are ready.
760-212-4206

copper
04-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Yeah bohica. Once you pick up your new boat you may have to take a trip south to check it out. Just got to remember to dodge the sandbars.
And Grapeape, I guess I'll have to take Larry as my partner in shoes:D ;)

SD MIKEY
04-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Oh, I see trying to have the power horseshoe team?
Thanks guys!!!!!

SD MIKEY
04-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Are you gonna backup over me now?

SD MIKEY
04-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Rubths
Yup moved to Lakeside and bought a bayliner all in the same month. Too effing funny huh. Hey give me a call on that boat thing I think we are ready.
760-212-4206
Rubs has a old metal ezgo electric cart that does 8 mph, downhill!!!

Rubths
04-27-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by SD MIKEY
Rubs has a old metal ezgo electric cart that does 8 mph, downhill!!!
Easy guy, it does 2mph up hill so its a quick bastard down hill at 8mph;)