PDA

View Full Version : Somerville Apr. 17?

TexasJet
04-14-2004, 03:39 AM
The weather forcast is good so far. Anybody going Saturday. I'll be there around noon at Overlook ramp.:)

Greaser
04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Count me in, Some of my family are gonna be camping at Rocky, so Ill be in that area giving joy rides Im sure. I'll keep an eye out for ya!:D

vdrivenman
04-15-2004, 03:16 AM
we'd come but have a family reunion in coonass country this weekend and saving coins for HOD next weekend.
also have to get a receiver hitch welded under the t/t so can pull it and the boat all at same time !
have a gewd time !

Greaser
04-15-2004, 09:15 AM
I dont mean to rain on your parade v-drive, but I read in the local paper, that DoH might not happen. They said that the T.A.B.C. didnt want to give a permit for the selling of alcohol, that alone wouldnt stop the event, but the Corp of engineers didnt want to give a permit either. Without a permit from the corp, its so long to Dawgs on Hawgs:frown: They said the main concern was security issues.

vdrivenman
04-15-2004, 12:31 PM
it really isn't that big of a deal with me.if you've been to one you've been to them all. lottas T & A they just need to clarify there standings on the matter, cause there are a lot of folks that have made reservations and plans to be there.
what permits does the corp have to issuse? for use of the land or alcohol consumption ?
hell i'm really looking forward to the boating more than anything.
did ur bud ever find a hull ?

Turbojack
04-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Since the Corp owns the property they have the right to say what happens there.
I did not hear about this & have calls in to some I know that know all.

vdrivenman
04-15-2004, 05:53 PM
hey TJ,
if & when u hear something either way, please post. need to let some peeps know !

Greaser
04-15-2004, 06:23 PM
I talked to some people about it this afternoon, and they told me it was a go. You could probably call the corps office in Somerville, and ask.
As far as my buddy, he is waiting to get some pics emailed to me from that guy you told me about with the tx-19. He called the guy, and he seems VERY interested. Just waiting for the pics befor we make the drive to go look at it.

TexasJet
04-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Well I finally got the boat wet. Man, the wind was blowin' 30+. I never got to open her up but she runs about 10 MPH faster at 4000 RPM. I'll be up next weekend camping at Yegua #15, in the cove on the lake side. Anybody gonna be up next weekend. 460, where are you?

Greaser
04-18-2004, 07:52 AM
I made it out to Birch. Water was way to rough. I made one pass around the park, and decieded to put her up. :(

vdrivenman
04-19-2004, 03:16 AM
went to a family r/u on saturday. spent most of sunday loading the trailer for next weekend. started to go to the river for a smoke test, but the wind was blowing entirely too hard so stayed home.
TJ we will be up on scooters, staying in nails creek ,site nail betr whatever that means.
we won't be in there till after noon on friday. i'll try & look you up.

TexasJet
04-19-2004, 04:02 AM
Greaser, I agree the water was a bitch. Normally I wouldn't have put her in the water on that kind of a day. Vdrivenman, I'll be looking for you Saturday afternoon.

Greaser
04-19-2004, 08:55 AM
I tried again on Sunday, even though it was still windy.(wishful thinking) This time I went out to welch. Still to rough. It was smooth in the little cove they have there, but there was so many pwc there I didnt even try it. There was a guy out there with a Taylor SS, but he wasnt in the water either. I was gonna try to go talk to him, but he left befor I had a chance...... Maybe next time.

TexasJet
04-19-2004, 11:56 AM
While at the lake I heard that DOH is a go for next weekend. It's T&A time at Somerville!

vdrivenman
04-21-2004, 01:12 PM
any of u Texas guys going to DoH this weekend.wife,myself, and some other family will be there. I'll be looking to meet TJ and anyone else who will be there.
PM me and i'll give u my cell # to call !looking forward to a good time !

Turbojack
04-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Was hoping to get out this weekend but between the talk of rain & wife having eye surgery Friday not looking good, maybe next weekend before I make it there.

Greaser
04-21-2004, 06:24 PM
I plan on being out on the water, weather permiting, but I doubt Ill be in Big Creek. Ill be hanging around either Birch, or Welch. Just look for a silver and white Southwind:D

TexasJet
04-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Greaser, I thought you were going to the SDBA races in Waco?

Greaser
04-22-2004, 09:35 AM
I was, but I have some friends that are coming into town that I havent seen in about a year, so I am gonna take them to the lake. Unless the weather isnt good, then Ill go to the races:D
Are You still going to the races?

TexasJet
04-22-2004, 01:05 PM
No, I got confused and thought the race was next weekend. I have had camping reservations for this weekend for a long time. Next year I'm going, I hope.

Greaser
04-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Well, there is always the races in Bryan. I am gonna go to Waco on Saturday, and go to Somerville on Sunday.

Greaser
04-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Sorry we didnt get to meet up this weekend. The weather was terible all weekend. Let me know when you plan on coming back down, so we can meet up.

vdrivenman
04-25-2004, 02:41 PM
well the whole weekend was a BUST.
got there friday & set up,went for a ride on the scooters and to eat. visited a little and went back to the camp. started raining and never quit.
loaded up and came home/ finally got everything clean and put away.
missed Texas Jet & Greaser ! maybe next time !
still raining very hard here !
guess the lake levels will be good for summer !