PDA

View Full Version : Special thanks to Power Movers Inc.

NashvilleBound
04-14-2004, 06:18 AM
I wanted to express my thanks to Brady Hall at Power Movers Inc. for the great deal on my new trailer dollie. I did allot of research and calling around before I bought. When I found out they were in LA and San Clemente it was a quick trip up. I bought the AC6 and when I got home it took less then 5 minutes to have it fully working. It is like "where have you been my whole life" type of thing. I swear its the best thing since sliced bread. Im going to pull the sled out again today just to play around. Thanks again!!!!
Jeff aka Nashvillebound
powermoverinc.net
1-888-366-3511
brady.hall@cox.net

NashvilleBound
04-15-2004, 06:11 AM
Very helpfull thread too....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=42273&highlight=electric+trailer

phebus
04-15-2004, 09:47 AM
So what kind of money do those things cost?

HammerDown
04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I've been on the hunt for a good used one for some time now. Their hard to come by. And the new ones ain't that cheep $$$.
My boats only 21' however with the dual axles and the need to jack it almost 90 degrees to put it away...I think I'll need the larger unit.

TheEduKATor
04-15-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm looking to get one soon, but not sure which model. I have a 26' Cat with a dual axle trailer that seems alot heavier than the listed weight. What size and weight of boat are you using that on NashvilleBound?

HM
04-15-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
...I think I'll need the larger unit.
Sounds like a personal problem!:eek:

HM
04-15-2004, 02:58 PM
My dad got one for his 25 Connelly V-Drive. One heavy mofo on a tandem axle. His dollie has 2 drive tires. Works awesome. I think his was $1,500 or so??
Oh, and someone will probably post about how someone made one for $50 using a car battery, starter, and flywheel - and it was trick. :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
04-15-2004, 05:43 PM
The AC2 is good for boats up to 5000lbs. I got the AC6 which, I think, is good for 10000lbs. The AC6 has 3 wheels too for more traction. It turns on a dime and will jack-knife the boat right in where it needs to go. I swear its the easiest thing to use. I paid just under a grand for it.....worth every penny. The AC2 is only $799. Probably knock $50 if you said you were from ***boat....maybe :D :D

NashvilleBound
04-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
I'm looking to get one soon, but not sure which model. I have a 26' Cat with a dual axle trailer that seems alot heavier than the listed weight. What size and weight of boat are you using that on NashvilleBound?
The reason I got the AC6 instead of the AC2 (which would have moved my Ultra 247 just fine, tandem/3800lbs) is that I am looking at a 29ft Cat/Deck...if he would ever get the first one done! The AC6 would move yours without any problems.

boatdoctor
03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I do not recommend Brady Hall or PowerMovers Inc. at all. Like you, I read all these posts and was convinced that this was the best product on the market. I spoke with PowerMover and twice and both times I asked how do I purchase their product. Both times, I was given the brush off and told to call the next day, which I did. Their product may be quality or may be junky, but my first contacts with their company was very unsatifactory. I beleive customer service is nearly as important as the quality of the product and their service failed dismally. Therefore I do not have trust in their product. I bought the PC-3 from powercater.com I even got $50 off for purchasing at the 2006 long beach fishermans expo in California. PowerCaster even gave me four free admission tickets.

NashvilleBound
03-06-2006, 04:46 PM
ok... thread from the past.... I still use mine...could not live without it. Its a shame to hear your experience with them was bad. I cant say they were as professional as I think a business should be, but the product was just what I was after.

Sherpa
03-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I do not recommend Brady Hall or PowerMovers Inc. at all. Like you, I read all these posts and was convinced that this was the best product on the market. I spoke with PowerMover and twice and both times I asked how do I purchase their product. Both times, I was given the brush off and told to call the next day, which I did. Their product may be quality or may be junky, but my first contacts with their company was very unsatifactory. I beleive customer service is nearly as important as the quality of the product and their service failed dismally. Therefore I do not have trust in their product. I bought the PC-3 from powercater.com I even got $50 off for purchasing at the 2006 long beach fishermans expo in California. PowerCaster even gave me four free admission tickets.
nice first post........... you related to powercaster in some sort?
--Sherpa

NashvilleBound
03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing jsut wanted to be nice....your so mean sometimes. :rollside:

Chico&Zeus
03-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I built my own, got the motor off of e-bay and the drive tire from Northern Tool, the rest is 316 Stainless Steel scrap that I got from work....about $100 and a few hours and here she is..........http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2494Mover.jpg sorry the picture is crappy, its from my phone :)