PDA

View Full Version : WHICH CAT TO BUY?

rivernutts
12-13-2002, 01:28 PM
RECENTLY SOLD MY 22 SCARAB AND LOOKING TO MOVE IN TO A 25-28 FOOT CAT.SO MANY NICE ONES OUT THERE,ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

DogHouse
12-13-2002, 01:38 PM
Depends, what's important to you? Speed, price, room, rigging quality, ride/handling, a certain style or look, elaborate gelcoat, swim platform, company location for service issues, etc? There are so many factors that make the perfect boat different for all of us. Of course I'm the only one who really has it ALL figured out! wink
Btw, welcome to the forums!
-brian

PlayTime
12-13-2002, 03:11 PM
Are you looking to go new or used?

HammerDown
12-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Profile's got a sharp looking 28 footer.

roln 20s
12-13-2002, 04:42 PM
There are a lot of nice 25-28 cats out there.
A couple to check out for sure (remember I am a west coast person :) )
25-26:
Howard 26 Cat
DCB Mach 26
27:
Laveycraft 27 Sabre
28:
Magic 28 Cat
Eliminator 28 Daytona LP
These are my favorites in these sizes. Like dogghouse said- it depends what you want. All of these have very good quality, performance, and potential for any needs you want: 100 mph + = no problem.
If it was me today: I would buy a Howard 26 Cat! Plus, within a year or so you will have the option to trade it in and upgrade to a Howard 30' Cat :D
Roln 20s

24RODjr
12-13-2002, 04:49 PM
PlayTime:
Are you looking to go new or used?He he hehe
Own's an HTM for 2 weeks and he's a pro wink

24RODjr
12-13-2002, 04:49 PM
I had a thread in here...Best cat for under 90K.
You may want to take a look.
Alot of peeps like Force Offshore. Most bang-for-the-buck.

24ROD
12-13-2002, 05:14 PM
Maybe Playtime wants to sell. So he doesn't get embaressed by the ROD's wink

rivernutts
12-13-2002, 06:55 PM
PLAYTIME, I'M WOULD LIKE TO BUY NEW BUT IF THE RIGHT USED BOAT CAME ALONG I WOULD CONSIDER IT!!

rivernutts
12-13-2002, 07:00 PM
roln 20s:
There are a lot of nice 25-28 cats out there.
A couple to check out for sure (remember I am a west coast person :) )
25-26:
Howard 26 Cat
DCB Mach 26
27:
Laveycraft 27 Sabre
28:
Magic 28 Cat
Eliminator 28 Daytona LP
These are my favorites in these sizes. Like dogghouse said- it depends what you want. All of these have very good quality, performance, and potential for any needs you want: 100 mph + = no problem.
If it was me today: I would buy a Howard 26 Cat! Plus, within a year or so you will have the option to trade it in and upgrade to a Howard 30' Cat :D
Roln 20sMY TWO FRONT RUNNERS RIGHT KNOW ARE THE HOWARD 26'AND MAGIC'S 28 FOOTER. LAVEY CRAFT MAKES A GREAT BOAT BUT I THINK IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE TO $$$$$ FOR ME! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COMMANDER'S 28 FOOT CAT?

rivernutts
12-13-2002, 07:03 PM
DogHouse:
Depends, what's important to you? Speed, price, room, rigging quality, ride/handling, a certain style or look, elaborate gelcoat, swim platform, company location for service issues, etc? There are so many factors that make the perfect boat different for all of us. Of course I'm the only one who really has it ALL figured out! wink
-brianHEY THANKS FOR THE WELCOMING!! QUALITY AND PRICE ARE MY TWO MAIN CONCERNS !! LOOKING TO START WITH A 496HO AND STRAP A PRO-CHARGER ON AFTER THE FIRST YEAR!!!

blown23vee
12-13-2002, 07:08 PM
DogHouse:
Yup, & figuring it out wasn't expensive or
anything, huh??
hahaha!!
Rick
-brian

roln 20s
12-13-2002, 07:17 PM
MY TWO FRONT RUNNERS RIGHT KNOW ARE THE HOWARD 26'AND MAGIC'S 28 FOOTER. LAVEY CRAFT MAKES A GREAT BOAT BUT I THINK IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE TO $$$$$ FOR ME! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COMMANDER'S 28 FOOT CAT?
If quality and price are the biggest factors, I would say go with Howard. That is my personal preference- and I have visited their factory numerous times. The boats hull is proven and the quality of Howard is at the top of the custom boat industry. They make me feel like family and I just stop cuz its on my way home. That is super important to me. Plus, the 496HO is a great motor, and add a procharger, and you'll be moving. Good luck!
As for commander, they wouldn't be at the top of my list, but I have never riden in one so I can't speak on those terms.
Roln 20s

rivernutts
12-13-2002, 07:28 PM
roln 20s:
MY TWO FRONT RUNNERS RIGHT KNOW ARE THE HOWARD 26'AND MAGIC'S 28 FOOTER. LAVEY CRAFT MAKES A GREAT BOAT BUT I THINK IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE TO $$$$$ FOR ME! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COMMANDER'S 28 FOOT CAT?
If quality and price are the biggest factors, I would say go with Howard. That is my personal preference- and I have visited their factory numerous times. The boats hull is proven and the quality of Howard is at the top of the custom boat industry. They make me feel like family and I just stop cuz its on my way home. That is super important to me. Plus, the 496HO is a great motor, and add a procharger, and you'll be moving. Good luck!
As for commander, they wouldn't be at the top of my list, but I have never riden in one so I can't speak on those terms.
Roln 20sTHANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I GOT THE SAME FEELING FROM GARY AT HOWARD AND I ONLY SPOKE TO HIM ON THE PHONE. ANY WAYS THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

PlayTime
12-13-2002, 08:03 PM
New or used was an honest question! :)
I'll still let the Rod's hang out with after the humiliation there about to endure this weekend.
2 Weeks old and and do you know where my CAT has gone too now?
Here kitty kitty kitty. Has anybody seen my kitty.
I'm sure it'll be back before sunday. jawdrop

Skaterfast
12-13-2002, 10:14 PM
One word.SKATER.

roln 20s
12-14-2002, 12:24 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I GOT THE SAME FEELING FROM GARY AT HOWARD AND I ONLY SPOKE TO HIM ON THE PHONE. ANY WAYS THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! I always talk to Mike, the son of the owner, and the builder of the 28 bullet, new 25 bullet, and soon to be new deck of the 26 cat and 30 cat (might be a true tunnel like skater- I hope so). He is a great guy, fun to chat with, and as HONEST as you will ever get. Great people there, couldn't find a complaint if I tried.
You looking into the open bow or closed? I talked to Mike last week sometime and he said they are building a couple 26 cats and the rest are 28 bullets, along with the 1st 25 bullet. I plan on stopping by soon, I'll try and get some pics and post them. If you ever talk to Mike, tell him that you talked to me "Patrick Jones" from nor cal/arizona! Good luck.
Skaterfast: I agree a 100% if you have that kind of cash, but don't they only make the 28 with outboards? Just curious!
Roln 20s

Boatmaster
12-14-2002, 08:18 AM
Skater put outboards on their 24, 28, 32 and soon to be 30. Could'nt agree more, kick ass boat if you can get one for the right price. Only problem is they don't have the room inside that the So Cal customs do, but if you want ride and speed their it!

Simi flattie
12-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Just brought a 26 cat from Howard boats....go see Gene !!! This was the best lookinng boat out there !!! Looked at everyones 26 footer......Will be picking mine up on Dec. 31. Great people there!!, The boat will look BAD in the parking lot and on the water!! Better check HOWARD OUT !!!!

roln 20s
12-15-2002, 09:25 PM
simi flattir-
Got any pics you could (or want) to post? What engine did you get? Open bow or closed? I might be driving through there and stop by in the next week or so- if so I'll take some pics for ya and email them to you if you want.
Roln 20s

MAGIC1
12-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Rivernutts, all the boats that have been recommended to you are well built boats, and you would not be making a mistake buying any one of them. The 28 magic cat however does have some qualities to it that should be looked at when comparing to other boats. My name is Matt Bair and Iam the factory rep for Lake Havasu, if you would like, please give me a call at 928-680-7600.Thanks

HavasuDreamin'
12-16-2002, 10:28 AM
rivernutts
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COMMANDER'S 28 FOOT CAT?[/QB]I have never seen one of their cats up close, but I have seen their product up close and it has always been my personal opinion that Commander is a second or third tier boat manufacture. I would not place them in the category of Eliminator, Howard, or Magic. Good Luck
[ December 16, 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

rivernutts
12-16-2002, 10:34 AM
roln 20s:
THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I GOT THE SAME FEELING FROM GARY AT HOWARD AND I ONLY SPOKE TO HIM ON THE PHONE. ANY WAYS THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! I always talk to Mike, the son of the owner, and the builder of the 28 bullet, new 25 bullet, and soon to be new deck of the 26 cat and 30 cat (might be a true tunnel like skater- I hope so). He is a great guy, fun to chat with, and as HONEST as you will ever get. Great people there, couldn't find a complaint if I tried.
You looking into the open bow or closed? I talked to Mike last week sometime and he said they are building a couple 26 cats and the rest are 28 bullets, along with the 1st 25 bullet. I plan on stopping by soon, I'll try and get some pics and post them. If you ever talk to Mike, tell him that you talked to me "Patrick Jones" from nor cal/arizona! Good luck.
Skaterfast: I agree a 100% if you have that kind of cash, but don't they only make the 28 with outboards? Just curious!
Roln 20sI'M LOOKING TO GO WITH AN OPEN BOW, NOW COMES THE NEXT DECISION DO WE GET THE WALK THROUGH OR THE DUCK UNDER DASH AND WHAT CAN HOWARD OR MAFIC DO WITH THE DUCK UNDER SUCH AS MID CABIN OR STORAGE OR EVEN LOUNGE CHAIRS!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK?

rivernutts
12-16-2002, 10:37 AM
HavasuDreamin':
rivernutts
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT COMMANDER'S 28 FOOT CAT?I have never seen one of their cats up close, but I have seen their product up close and it has always been my personal opinion that Commander is a second or third tier boat manufacture. I would not place them in the category of Eliminator, Howard, or Magic. Good Luck[/QB]THANKS, I GOT THE SAME FEELING AND FEED BACK AS DID!!!

DogHouse
12-16-2002, 11:22 AM
rivernutts:
I'M LOOKING TO GO WITH AN OPEN BOW, NOW COMES THE NEXT DECISION DO WE GET THE WALK THROUGH OR THE DUCK UNDER DASH AND WHAT CAN HOWARD OR MAFIC DO WITH THE DUCK UNDER SUCH AS MID CABIN OR STORAGE OR EVEN LOUNGE CHAIRS!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK?Rivernutts, in case you're interested, here's a link to a webpage where I put up some pics of my Magic.
http://members.cox.net/bcurnutt4/Magic_Cat/
For shots of the midcabin, check out Pics 10, 11 in the "Getting Rigged" section, and 2, 3, 9 in the "It's Done" section. We had them delete the normal seats down there and just make a flat area with removable center piece because we wanted a big bed for the kids. In addition there are 4 very large storage lockers in the floor, 2 in the mid cabin and 2 behind the bow seats. It's the first one that they did this way and just an example of one available configuration. I'm sure they can work with you to get yours exactly how you want it.
-brian

DogHouse
12-16-2002, 11:32 AM
blown23vee:
Yup, & figuring it out wasn't expensive or
anything, huh??
hahaha!!
Rick
Nah, just 3 boats 5 motors and 7 yrs! I'm done now... Really!
:D

roln 20s
12-16-2002, 12:36 PM
I'M LOOKING TO GO WITH AN OPEN BOW, NOW COMES THE NEXT DECISION DO WE GET THE WALK THROUGH OR THE DUCK UNDER DASH AND WHAT CAN HOWARD OR MAFIC DO WITH THE DUCK UNDER SUCH AS MID CABIN OR STORAGE OR EVEN LOUNGE CHAIRS!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK? Well, check out Dogghouses bow on his Magic. His turned out bad ass- tons of room and storage. I would plan on using that area in the HOWARD as storage, not lounge seats. Have then make a little lounge pad, but I don't think it is really big enough to get seats there, but then again, Howard is a custom boat company, if they can do it, it will be done. As for the open bow, I love the idea of the crawl under! That is my favorite just because you get the full fiberglass deck. However, I would be torn on the HOWARD, after walking around the inside of the walk-thru open bow, that thing is just so SICK. There is a pic of a crawl thru open bow on their website "cat open bow" Check it out- it looks super clean. Good luck man, tough decisions, but I sure wish I had that problem-hehe :D
Roln 20s

rivernutts
12-18-2002, 07:35 AM
DogHouse:
rivernutts:
I'M LOOKING TO GO WITH AN OPEN BOW, NOW COMES THE NEXT DECISION DO WE GET THE WALK THROUGH OR THE DUCK UNDER DASH AND WHAT CAN HOWARD OR MAFIC DO WITH THE DUCK UNDER SUCH AS MID CABIN OR STORAGE OR EVEN LOUNGE CHAIRS!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK?Rivernutts, in case you're interested, here's a link to a webpage where I put up some pics of my Magic.
http://members.cox.net/bcurnutt4/Magic_Cat/
For shots of the midcabin, check out Pics 10, 11 in the "Getting Rigged" section, and 2, 3, 9 in the "It's Done" section. We had them delete the normal seats down there and just make a flat area with removable center piece because we wanted a big bed for the kids. In addition there are 4 very large storage lockers in the floor, 2 in the mid cabin and 2 behind the bow seats. It's the first one that they did this way and just an example of one available configuration. I'm sure they can work with you to get yours exactly how you want it.
-brianHEY DOGHOUSE, AFTER SEEING THOSE PICS IT'S GOING TO BE TOUGH NOT TO BUY A MAGIC!! TALKED TO THEM TODAY AND GOT SOME MORE INFO ON THE BOAT AND WE'RE GOING TO SET SOMETHING UP AT THE BOAT SHOW IN TWO MONTHS WHAT EVER OUR DECSION IS I'LL FOR SURE BE BACK ON THE WATER BY MAY 03',(CAN'T WAIT)
THANKS FOR THE PICS AND I'LL SEE YA ON THE WATER!!

rivernutts
12-18-2002, 07:38 AM
roln 20s:
I'M LOOKING TO GO WITH AN OPEN BOW, NOW COMES THE NEXT DECISION DO WE GET THE WALK THROUGH OR THE DUCK UNDER DASH AND WHAT CAN HOWARD OR MAFIC DO WITH THE DUCK UNDER SUCH AS MID CABIN OR STORAGE OR EVEN LOUNGE CHAIRS!!!WHAT DO YOU THINK? Well, check out Dogghouses bow on his Magic. His turned out bad ass- tons of room and storage. I would plan on using that area in the HOWARD as storage, not lounge seats. Have then make a little lounge pad, but I don't think it is really big enough to get seats there, but then again, Howard is a custom boat company, if they can do it, it will be done. As for the open bow, I love the idea of the crawl under! That is my favorite just because you get the full fiberglass deck. However, I would be torn on the HOWARD, after walking around the inside of the walk-thru open bow, that thing is just so SICK. There is a pic of a crawl thru open bow on their website "cat open bow" Check it out- it looks super clean. Good luck man, tough decisions, but I sure wish I had that problem-hehe :D
Roln 20sIT'S DEFINETLY NOT A BAD PROBLEM TO HAVE,WHAT TYPE OF BOAT DO YOU OWN RIGHT NOW?

Simi flattie
12-18-2002, 09:51 AM
roln 20s:
simi flattir-
Got any pics you could (or want) to post? What engine did you get? Open bow or closed? I might be driving through there and stop by in the next week or so- if so I'll take some pics for ya and email them to you if you want.
Roln 20sIT's a project... undercover!!! No pic's.. closed bow..NO INFO GIVING OUT YET>>>Personal project...

nhbuoy
12-18-2002, 10:28 AM
HEY RIVERNUTTS...I TOTALLY agree with BOATMASTER & SKATERFAST...If you want the REAL DEAL go with the SKATER...The ONE, the ONLY, the ORIGINAL & STILL the cat that the others FOLLOW...>>>LATAPOTATA>>>>>>>>>>

roln 20s
12-18-2002, 12:37 PM
IT'S DEFINETLY NOT A BAD PROBLEM TO HAVE,WHAT TYPE OF BOAT DO YOU OWN RIGHT NOW? We (meaning my dad) has a Malibu Echelon ski boat. Its a 1995, but we love it. However, I am so ready for a performance boat, so hopefully I will buy my own within the next year or so. Good call on the Magic, Doghouse has just sold another boat. His bow is great on his 28- super roomie. I don't know of any other cat that can match that.
IT's a project... undercover!!! No pic's.. closed bow..NO INFO GIVING OUT YET>>>Personal project...
Awesome Simi- good luck on that project and can't wait to see it when it is done. It should be bad ass.
Roln 20s

Mr. Science
12-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Two Words - FORCE OFFSHORE
Quality - Performance - Price

roln 20s
12-21-2002, 12:08 AM
Rivernutts,
I stopped by Howard today...awh man. Those are so f#$king sick. I love the Magic, but make sure to take one more look at those Howards. Have a good one.
Roln 20s

Charley
12-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Mr. Science:
Quality - Performance - Price I just wonder who this is

Jrocket
12-21-2002, 08:16 AM
Not me.............. eek!

Charley
12-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Jrocket:
Not me.............. eek! LMAO!!!!! but I betcha know him/her hehehehe
:D wink

Jrocket
12-21-2002, 06:05 PM
Charley:
Jrocket:
Not me.............. eek! LMAO!!!!! but I betcha know him/her hehehehe
:D wink Not this time!! They have a dealer in New York and have sold some boats back there.Plus you know how those New Yorkers get and I cant swim with concrete shoes too well........so I aint sayn nuttin.... http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared07.gif http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared01.gif

Mr. Science
12-22-2002, 09:26 AM
That a good idea Jrocket....BTW I'd like to introduce a few of the boyz I do a little offshore stuff with eek! eek! eek! eek! http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/130/039_C49991.jpg

Charley
12-22-2002, 09:33 AM
Mr. Science:
That a good idea Jrocket....BTW I'd like to introduce a few of the boyz I do a little offshore stuff with eek! eek! eek! eek! http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/130/039_C49991.jpg Uh mr science..... they're just actors.... :D

Mr. Science
12-22-2002, 09:47 AM
OK - You aked for it.... :p :p :p http://www.dbejar.com/cementshoesimage&type.jpg :p :p :p

Jrocket
12-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Charley Im trying to warn you on this one.....Let it go.Unless you can swim with concrete sneakers on!! :D :D

Mr. Science
12-22-2002, 02:34 PM
http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/military/1928b.jpg eek! eek!
Boating NY style...Kevlar Hulls rule! No bullet hole repairs :D :D :D

mike37
12-22-2002, 03:05 PM
HOW LONG IS THE BOATING SESON IN NE YORK

Charley
12-22-2002, 03:25 PM
censorship through intimidation huh??? mmmm if this is the direction of this thread or board maybe I should stop posting

DogHouse
12-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Charley:
Mr. Science:
That a good idea Jrocket....BTW I'd like to introduce a few of the boyz I do a little offshore stuff with eek! eek! eek! eek! http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/130/039_C49991.jpg Uh mr science..... they're just actors.... :D Looks like a bunch of flamin' homos to me. :rolleyes:

Sandbar Mike
12-23-2002, 07:41 AM
Mr. Science:
Quality - Performance - Price Tunnels are too Shallow, If they had 4" to 6" more, Force would ride alot better.
Just my opinion argue

Reaper1
12-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Mike - Check your PM
Grim

Sandbar Mike
12-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey Grim, Got it Merry to you guys, Thanks
I'll keep in touch
Mike

rivernutts
12-23-2002, 11:01 AM
Mr. Science:
Quality - Performance - Price

rivernutts
12-23-2002, 11:04 AM
Mr. Science:
Quality - Performance - Price i haven't ruled them out really don't know much about thecompany but were going to check everyone out at least once before we make a final decsion!
thanks

Jrocket
12-23-2002, 03:36 PM
Ok ,now that I have picked my nuts up from the floor.(Thanks RiverDave) I like the Force Offshore's.I dont own one but I like'em.
Now from the peanut gallery...I think a test drive and some asking around will always help ya,but it will come down to what you can afford and what looks and feels the best to YOU.If you have the means to buy new dont worry about the price then youll be looking for awhile.Theres alot of very nice ones out there.If not,then holding out until you find the best used deal is the way to go........They're out there,just wait!
RiverDave,back to you(A-Hole)!!!J/K :D :D

Jrocket
12-23-2002, 04:39 PM
RiverDave:
Jrocket, I'm not sure why ya think I booted you in da nuts.. To my knowledge you don't work for Force Offshore do ya?
RD NO,I dont.Thanks for asking though,Charley should be here any minute chasing me around now...LMAO :D
RD,you do have a point though.The first boats they did were kinda wavey.Then the redid the molds and things started to really look alot better.My opionion anyays! I think the quality has come up along ways in their boats since day one.Way up,especially in the rigging.John likes to do a great job and use quality parts...
Enough said for me...... :D
[ December 23, 2002, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Jrocket ]

unleashed
12-23-2002, 05:16 PM
Damn RiverDave, Tell us how you really feel!!!! eek!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Charley
12-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Gees Dave compared to you I'm like a huge Force Fan!!!!! hehehehe... to be honest with ya I agree with Dave that the truth and the sharing of both knowledge and personal "first hand" experience is both important and a good portion of why I read this board.... I appreciate all first hand accounts and opinions people put up here whether they are positive or negative, whether I agree or not/ It's just an opinion and most of the teasing is in good fun and on that note... JOHNNY ROCKET OWNS FORCE OFFSHORE!!!! JK/ :D

unleashed
12-23-2002, 05:51 PM
Hey Dave, Im not in any way ripping you. Opinions are very important in the boating world. This helps people to make informed decision on different brands of boats. I guess probably the only complaint I'd have with your post is the shady character references. I know some of the people at Force and alot of them are hard working people with families etc. Maybe your impression was based on a few people you met at Force, I dont know. But to paint a picture like that sorta puts the whole operation under suspicion if you know what I mean. Like you said though take everything with a grain of salt.
I did a little due diligence when I bought my boat from Force and felt comfortable with my decision. I knew some of the people that worked there from various boating Mfg's. and that helped in my decision.
I'd have to say my boat is solid and rigged nicely. If I see ya at the river holler out and you can check it out for yourself. Its in the new ***boat. Drinks are on me!
Deano

roln 20s
12-23-2002, 06:09 PM
Force Offshore would not be my first choice, but the last couple that I have seen definately have looked nice. The 29 for sale at the Force dealer in Phx is super nice, and I have to say my favorite Force ever would be Unleashed--Love the gelcoat, open-bow and of course, the price. Congrats UNLEASHED on the ***boat article.
I'm still a huge Howard and DCB fan, but then again I can dream and set my standards as high as I want, cuz I don't have a f$$king dime to spend on anything, let alone a new boat.
Happy Holidays,
Roln 20s

Jrocket
12-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Charley:
JOHNNY ROCKET OWNS FORCE OFFSHORE!!!! JK/ :D Hell Yeahhhhhhhhhh.Not.. :D :D

mike37
12-23-2002, 06:46 PM
RiverDave
rather be in an HTM SS 24 if you fiele that way you can ride with me
O but I have an SR 24 maybe not
[ December 23, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: mike37 ]

unleashed
12-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Hey RiverDave, I reread your post again and thought maybe you went just a little overboard(My opinion). So I called Danno at Force and asked him to take a gander at your post. He was not to happy to say the least.
Heres the scoop. He asked me to post his number on this board for you or anyone to call(But especially you since you went out of your way to bash Force). The following is Dannos number 909 574 1480. You can setup an appt. with him anytime and bring any boat you'd like to compare with Force...DCB, American Offshore, Eliminator any Mfg. (Maybe invite a few people on these boards as well) You can all meet at Lake Elsinore and compare eachothers boats. You name the day. Lets put this whole "Force is a piece of crap" stuff to rest once and for all. I mean if you really know what you're talking about then I dont think it is unreasonable to meet up with Force and do a comparison. You can compare rigging, parts, ride etc. I think then after a firsthand test and comparison you can come on these boards and say whatever you'd like. Oh an maybe you'll find out they are not a shady company as well.
Oh and if you own Powerboat and ***boat magazine you will see nothing but excellent writeups on Force(Yeah I know they pay to advertise in the magazines). But I also know they also tell each mfg. that they will not pull any punches when doing tests and reviews.
Well thats all I have to say on the subject. Go ahead and give him a call, set it up and let us all know how it turns out.
Lastly drinks are still on me! wink
Deano

Jrocket
12-23-2002, 08:48 PM
Unleashed.....Are you and Danno related by chance? I was under the impression that you two might be brothers? Ive been wrong before,so let me know if I am. The reason I ask is that Danno has or had a boat just like yours and I thought I heard he went in with his brother and built it? Maybe he built it and sold it to you,thats why I ask?......Ive only seen design like yours.. :)

unleashed
12-23-2002, 08:55 PM
Hey Jrocket, No we are not brothers. Im much better looking.
But seriously I've known Danno for a long time. He moved out to the 909 and I lost track of him for a long time. I went to an offshore race one day and low and behold its Danno and hes racing for Eliminator. We became good freinds again and that is why you've probably seen me around.
Did you ever go say hi to John???
Deano

Jrocket
12-23-2002, 09:02 PM
Well see I was wrong!!! No I never did go see him but I need to.I used to be there all the time but it gets boring! Some day this week I will.If John lets me take some pics of the 32 I will....Sorry if I confused you or anyone else,my mistake on that one!.......Johnny :)

fat cat
12-23-2002, 09:29 PM
River Dave,
you sure are harsh when it comes to force.
Bob Teague's powerboat article on force sure doesn't agree with your opinion. what kind of boat do you own anyway. Or what I should ask is what Force compeditor has influenced your opinion
F.C.
[ December 23, 2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: fat cat ]

HavasuBarney
12-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Sorry, now I gotta jump in too.
Oh and if you own Powerboat and ***boat magazine you will see nothing but excellent writeups on Force(Yeah I know they pay to advertise in the magazines). But I also know they also tell each mfg. that they will not pull any punches when doing tests and reviews.You gotta be kidding with that comment!
If wanna buy a great boat for the money, close your latest issue of ***boat, now turn it over.
COUGAR
Great boats, now they even have great prices. You will not find more boat for your money.

Sandbar Mike
12-24-2002, 07:30 AM
Riverdave,
(Personally I'd probably rather be in an HTM SS 24 then a 26' Force and we all know how I feel about them.) eek!
WOW eek! I can't believe I just read that.
My opinion is force is a class act.
Tunnels are a little shallow for my liking, everthing else is awsome.
Mike wink

Mr. Science
12-24-2002, 10:33 AM
jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop HOLY BASH-O-RAMA BATMAN....RD Take another look when you have some time. They have improved a great deal. As for the hearsay and mud-slinging pseudo factual information which is commonly associated with MOST boat buliders(even in NY-Hustler/Outerlimits,Activator,Progression,Superboat, ETC.) so what, who cares. Force seems to get one great evaluation after another...Just like the other brands you mentioned in your thesis. Why is it when anyone posts the name FORCE someone finds it in themselves to go completely ballistic? This thread was ruunning on a lite hearted note until..... :mad: :mad: :mad: The Bashing. Whats up with that?
Mike37 - The typical NY season runs from April/May to Oct/Nov depending on the weather.
Have a Healthy and Happy Holiday to all. wink

Mr. Science
12-24-2002, 10:41 AM
BTW - Feb. 2003 Family and Performance Boating Magazine - 26 Force Evaluation - No AD Contract -ANOTHER GREAT WRITE UP and no PAYOLA :p :p :p

Mr. Science
12-24-2002, 11:12 AM
HMMMM....2 WORDS POSTED = 2 LESS STARS all in one thread.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

unleashed
12-24-2002, 03:02 PM
Dave, its fine to have an opinion, but I think you went a little overboard trying to be nasty and bitter. Damn, someone at Force must have really pissed you off. There is no way Force is comparable to Firehawk. And the shady character references were uncalled for. That is downright insulting people to their face. I dont work at Force but I do own one of their boats as I have stated earlier and have a few freinds there. So hey I am a little biased, Gotta back the bros. So I do take a little of what you say personally. Im not sure what you expected but I think you are man enough to except what you have started here, I'll definitly give you that. So to counter your opinion. If anyone reads Riverdaves post please disregard. Its filled with a little bit of underlying jeoulousy. If anyone would like to see a nice boat come up and say hi and check it out. I'm sure you've seen some of the photos on the board. Oh and RiverDave you are welcome to. Im man enough to welcome you aboard, but if my daughter gives you a couple of dirty looks dont be suprised...J/K
Seiously though I consider myself a pretty nice guy and would never go out of my way to rip on manufacturers unless they purpously mislead me or ripped me off. I have freinds with all sorts of boats. Some of them are nice and some of them....well I'll keep those opinions to myself. Its no fun being an ass!!!!
Deano

Havasu Hangin'
12-24-2002, 03:46 PM
RiverDave:
...Back then they sucked Donkey balls...Did you personally see them suck donkey balls?
If so, I missed that part of the show...

unleashed
12-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Ok, I think I understand more of where you are coming from. I didnt see their(Forces) first couple of boats so guess I can't talk from that standpoint so I'll keep my trap shut about it. But I do know the current product is excellent(In my Opinion). And to anyone looking to buy a cat, there are plenty of good options. Everyone has their drawback from price, to performance to resale value etc. etc. Just be patient when looking and make sure you look over the boat properly. Meaning everything from wiring to the way the engine is bolted in etc. etc. and for god sakes take it for a test drive. In the end each person will make up his or her mind. Oh and from time to time I think constuctive criticism is good. In the end I think we all benefit from it. Oh and Im sorry if this went a little far. Just trying to create an even board(Even if I am the only Force boat owner on here).
RiverDave, Like I said before I know you are on these boards quite a bit so I look forward to meeting you in the spring or possibly winter weather permiting. Keep up the good work on these boards as I know its not easy being a moderator(I did it a few years back for another site). Oh and like Momma says you can't always please everyone.
Deano
Unleasheddclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

hulshot
12-24-2002, 04:41 PM
RN I bought a Howard last year and I love it. The appearance on and off the water is awsome. Is there any truth to Howard comming out with a 30 cat. I better call gene if its true to get info.
Simi Flat what power did you go with on your 26. I'd like to meet up with any 26 cat owners at Havasu for the BBSP in april. I'll be there for 5 days.

hulshot
12-24-2002, 05:11 PM
at least I thought this post originally started as picking out a cat or somthing like that. after reading all the posts I sort of forgot the topic.

roln 20s
12-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Hulshot-
There is truth to the HOWARD 30. I have talked to Mike at Howard about it a couple times. I was talking to both Gene and Mike about it on Friday when I stopped by their facility. Mike is shooting for something end of 2003 (give or take a couple months). He is still debating what the styling, hull, etc will be. He has all the stuff to start drawing and designing it ready, just has been busy putting the finishing touches on the 25 Bullet bow rider. He says he would like to make it a TRUE tunnel (such as a Skater). I would like to see (and have told Mike) that the deck styling should be similar to the 28 Bullet Deck. Those lines on a 30 true tunnel cat, that would be so bad ass. If you talk to Gene or Mike, give them your opinions (as a Howard owner and potential 30 Cat Owner :D ) and maybe they will put something you say on it! If I had free time and money, I would work with them to design the entire thing and build it.
Simi Flatties boat is bad ass. He hasn't told anyone what engine he is putting, but I can assure you it is gonna be sweet.
What engine do you have, open or closed, etc...??
Roln 20s

Charley
12-26-2002, 10:52 AM
So Mr Science.... please post a picture of your boat.... I wanna see whatcha got :D

unleashed
12-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Hey RiveDave, I actually will take it out sometime in Jan or Feb as long as the weather is nice. I will PM you and we'll go out for a ride then some beers(Unless you dont drink). Maybe elsinore or Parker. I'll keep you posted. As far as boring it I doubt you'd want to be seen in a Force by yourself, you have a reputation to keep up remember.....J/K :D
Deano Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

unleashed
12-26-2002, 01:04 PM
Hey Hulshot, Write Blownhowardcat. He is on these boards. He has a sweet 26 howard with an 800 teague in it. Does a cool 104 all day.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing)

Jordy
12-26-2002, 01:21 PM
unleashed:
(Unless you dont drink). That was a joke right? :D :D :D

Charley
12-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Charley:
So Mr Science.... please post a picture of your boat.... I wanna see whatcha got :D KNOCK KNOCK//// MR SCIENCE U THERE?

Tom Slick
12-26-2002, 04:07 PM
I have to agree with RD. I went to Force after they first opened and the boats were piles, but a year later at the LA show I saw them again and was amazed at how much they improved the quality of the boat. Rigging, layup etc. was very nice, especialy for the money they were asking back then.
My only question is were the Offshore in the name comes from. You would have to be nuts to take one of these things offshore, especialy the 26'. Just my opinion.

Tom Slick
12-26-2002, 04:22 PM
A little birdy told me that Mike from Howard Boats went for a ride on a really fast 32' Skater this fall, so expect him to build that 30' to be very similar to a Skater.

XLGPP
12-26-2002, 05:30 PM
you all mention some very nice boats, but your forgetting one... if you like good rigging, gel work, and great lines in a light weight hull designed for speed... you have to put Cougar in your exploration... http://www.cougarboats.com/images/01-27mtr-002.jpg

Charley
12-26-2002, 06:30 PM
Ok I will say Cougars are pretty nice boats but a little behind on the times with Gel coat, and really they are pretty expensive....besides who wants to deal with an out of country Manufacturer when you could pick from 5 quality builders within 4 hours of your house?

XLGPP
12-26-2002, 06:53 PM
good point with the distance... but i disagree with the gel coat... i have seen some that they have done that are hideous, but if thats what the owner wants... well, what can I say, I guess thats Canadian taste... I think mine is pretty sharp (as to the clients preference), Hot Boat seemed to think so too as they put it on the cover last october... or is a year and 2 months behind the times? just kidding... http://www.cougarboats.com/images/01-27mtr-002.jpg

Charley
12-26-2002, 07:06 PM
XLGPP:
good point with the distance... but i disagree with the gel coat... i have seen some that they have done that are hideous, but if thats what the owner wants... well, what can I say, I guess thats Canadian taste... I think mine is pretty sharp (as to the clients preference), Hot Boat seemed to think so too as they put it on the cover last october... or is a year and 2 months behind the times? just kidding... http://www.cougarboats.com/images/01-27mtr-002.jpg You have a very nice cougar... :D

Charley
12-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Charley:
So Mr Science.... please post a picture of your boat.... I wanna see whatcha got :D I think I'll email ya and remind ya
Oh look at that you don't have one...
[ December 29, 2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

simi flatie
12-29-2002, 11:07 AM
hulshot:
RN I bought a Howard last year and I love it. The appearance on and off the water is awsome. Is there any truth to Howard comming out with a 30 cat. I better call gene if its true to get info.
Simi Flat what power did you go with on your 26. I'd like to meet up with any 26 cat owners at Havasu for the BBSP in april. I'll be there for 5 days. no power yet..What is the BBSP?

CrazyHippy
12-29-2002, 11:27 AM
XLGPP:
http://www.cougarboats.com/images/01-27mtr-002.jpg Great looking boat.. but are you sure it's not an eliminator.... I see checkers!!! :rolleyes:
LOL
BJH

hulshot
01-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Roln 20 I've been 108 at only 5900 with 5 people and full gas but blew the drive later that day. I have a little blower motor. Ask Gene about it he will know. I would like to meet up with some Howard owners and find out what works and what doesnt. Howard cat guys how about it April at Havasu???? I suppose all the Howard owners live in so. Cal and none in Nor. Cal. just my luck. I'm now in the middle of top secret winter project for the next boating season, which is soon. Parts are arriving daily. If I get this camera figure out I'll try to post pics.

Mn Howard Cat
01-13-2003, 05:42 PM
Hulshot
Not all Howard owners live in so.Cal I wish I'm up in the grate wite north ya no. So give us a hint on your top secret project wink wink