PDA

View Full Version : Giant RV experience

LASERRAY
04-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Here's a repost, minus the drama.:wink:
Here's my story:
We signed a deal and dropped a $500.00 deposit on a motorhome at Giant RV in Montclair about 4-5 weeks ago. We then proceded to get our funding alligned which was going to take 4-5 weeks. shook hands, parted company, and we proceeded back home up-north to Camarillo. Our dealings with GIANT RV started-out well.
A couple weeks pass and I get a call on my cell phone from our salesman Rick Valentine touching base with me, and assureing me that everthing is going smoothly with the transaction, funding is looking good, the motorhome checked-out fine on inspection, and that I'll be able to pick-it up in a week or two depending on the funding closing.( Actually a re-fi on our second ). The motorhome is your's he kept repeating to me over the phone.
So then two weeks later my wife calls down there to ask them if we were still on for the up-coming weekend to take delivery of the coach. Out of nowhere my wife was told (by Rick Valentine or the General Manager) that the motor had a "MAJOR" problem that was damaged beyond repair, could not be fixed. WTF? I drove the coach for 10 miles, up and down hills, in traffic, getting on the gas etc. THAT ENGINE RAN AWESOME! No smoke, noises, smells, etc. It was a 2002 Fleetwood Jamborree, 26', Ford Triton V-10 on a F-450 chassis. Only 11,000 miles. The previeous owners made some nice upgrades as well.
I called bullshit immediately. I knew right away what had happened, I feel that they sold the coach from under us, which is dirty business. Someone offered them cash right on the spot, or beat my offer. If they want me to believe them then they need to produce a locator on that motorhome for me so I can see where it went. We had a contract, put down a deposit and still this BS. And don't give me the old-tired money talks bullshit walks story. This is just bad business, and a violation of principle.
And now they're hassling me on my $500 deposit. I was supposed to have it back a week and a half ago and they're still dicking me on it. $500 may not be alot of money to some of the wealthy family members here, but I need that cash to drop on another rig somewhere else. So this is where I stand. My camping season hangs in the balance.
I'll keep you posted on any progress with my situation. And If anyone knows anybody that works there, give them the heads-up on this thread. My final review of GIANT RV can go one of two ways! They'll get severly flamed on here by me, and perhaps others, or they'll come correct and right their wrong with me. I'm not saying that I would continue to do business with them, unless they really made it right, cause I'm really not feeling the love right now from GIANT RV. The ball's in their court now.
:cool:

PHX ATC
04-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh boy, here we go.:rolleyes: :)

LASERRAY
04-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
sounds like a boat deal i read about;) Lets not go there again, please.;) Lets talk about RV deals gone bad instead.;) :cool:

BoatPI
04-15-2004, 10:25 AM
I STRONGLY suggest you call the DMV investigators. They have very compitent investigators that will investigate. One such office is the El Monte office, or the Pacoima office. DO NOT wait.
They will need a copy of the contract with the VIN clearly visible. That is a binding legal agreement, so read the terms clarefully. If you got screwed, and they sold it, you may have civil a remedy. Good luck and keep us up to date.
And as I recall the dealer must return all deposits with in 7 days.

BoatFloating
04-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
:D LETS HOPE NOT:D
I don't know what you guys are talking about ;) Can you refresh my memory.....

mirvin
04-15-2004, 04:10 PM
LaserRay, I don't know where you are but the guys at Altmans are pretty strait forward. They;re in Carson right off the 405.
mirvin

LASERRAY
04-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
LaserRay, I don't know where you are but the guys at Altmans are pretty strait forward. They;re in Carson right off the 405.
mirvin Thanks Mirvin. ;)

THOR
04-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Go down there and get your money. I had to do that only one time. Stand right in front of the guy, in his office, and tell him you will take your $500. Dont F&^% around either. Be fairly nice, straight forward, kurt, and polite, but make sure he understands your intent. You are not leaving his office and either is he until you get your money.

THOR
04-16-2004, 06:55 AM
Which Giant location was this?

THOR
04-16-2004, 06:55 AM
My mom and dad went to Mike Thompson and they were dipshits too. Unfortunately, a ton of these RV places are like this.

LASERRAY
04-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by THOR
Which Giant location was this? Montclair/Ontario. It's about 110+ miles one-way for me. If I don't see my deposit in the next couple of business days then yes, I will be forced to drive down there to interface with these lame asses. And I won't be in a jovial mood when I get there either.:mad:

bchbum
04-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I had to go to a car dealer once with my father inlaw to get his $ back . I made sure I wore my steel toed boots & when we walked into the managers office , my boots somehow left a mark on his desk front . People behind a desk don't like it when your
leaning over the deck almost to them .

Kilrtoy
04-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Boat Pi nailed it, Sue there ass and get the profit they made in, YOUR POCKET. They, meaning dealers, pull this shit all the time and get away with it,
Besides the civil penality that you should win, The DMV investigators will fine them HEFTY FINES and they get put on probation. Next step Loss of License to do business. Play their game RIGHT BACK AT THEM. Go see Veito, Head Investigator in the ARLETA DMV office.

Boozer
04-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by bchbum
I had to go to a car dealer once with my father inlaw to get his $ back . I made sure I wore my steel toed boots & when we walked into the managers office , my boots somehow left a mark on his desk front . People behind a desk don't like it when your
leaning over the deck almost to them .
DO NOT take this approach!
Who knows why the person or persons did what they did but odds are they did it because someone above them told them they had to.
If you did what this guy is telling you he did to me odds are you would be crawling home or taking a ride home in an ambulance and I would be spending a night in jail and unemployed.
I am in no way trying to deffend what happened to you because I personally feel it is bullshit but regardless handle it legally and in adult like manner. Putting a steel toe boot one someones desk is not going to do anything but get your ass kicked. You may get lucky and have some pussy ass behind the counter who gets intimidated or you may have someone like me (someone who grew up in ontario/montclair) that would take that shit personally and knock you out before you had time to tie the shoe laces on that steel toe boat.
I dont know how they do business in the OC but in the IE you go to the cops, dont go vigilante.
Either way, DONT DO BUSINESS IN THE IE! You buy from the ghetto you deal with ghetto ass people. Why do you think I got the hell out of the ghetto?
Dude probably realized with the money he made off of your deal he could buy a 3 day supply of meth and heroin but with the other guys deal he could buy a whole weeks supply!

LASERRAY
04-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
DO NOT take this approach!
Who knows why the person or persons did what they did but odds are they did it because someone above them told them they had to.
If you did what this guy is telling you he did to me odds are you would be crawling home or taking a ride home in an ambulance and I would be spending a night in jail and unemployed.
I am in no way trying to deffend what happened to you because I personally feel it is bullshit but regardless handle it legally and in adult like manner. Putting a steel toe boot one someones desk is not going to do anything but get your ass kicked. You may get lucky and have some pussy ass behind the counter who gets intimidated or you may have someone like me (someone who grew up in ontario/montclair) that would take that shit personally and knock you out before you had time to tie the shoe laces on that steel toe boat.
I dont know how they do business in the OC but in the IE you go to the cops, dont go vigilante.
Either way, DONT DO BUSINESS IN THE IE! You buy from the ghetto you deal with ghetto ass people. Why do you think I got the hell out of the ghetto?
Dude probably realized with the money he made off of your deal he could buy a 3 day supply of meth and heroin but with the other guys deal he could buy a whole weeks supply! Well, that's funny! But not accurate at all. These are business people that I delt with, ( appearantly un-etheical, but business people nonetheless) and I would never approach them with some backwoods, vigilante attitude that I know alot of people on here have grown accustom to.:D So with that said, as it turns-out, They ( Giant-RV ) have not cashed my check for the $500.00 deposit, but they haven't returned it as of yet either. I suppose they're waiting for my return to do some more shopping, and we all know that that isn't going to happen. I'm almost tempted to pay the $40.00 to do a stop payment on the check, save the aggravation, and be done with it. But then that would mean that they won. White collar criminals suck too.:yuk: :cool:

Kilrtoy
04-17-2004, 01:04 AM
I'm almost tempted to pay the $40.00
JESUS CHRIST RAY
you get burned everywhere you go, First the price of the boat , then the motorhome and now 40 to place a stop payment.
The most expensive I have ever heard is 15. free is not too far either

bordsmnj
04-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Rick Valintine? is he a younger guy about 6 foot heavy set-from yuciapa? i used to be friends with his dad if it's the same guy. just curious.

LASERRAY
04-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
Rick Valintine? is he a younger guy about 6 foot heavy set-from yuciapa? i used to be friends with his dad if it's the same guy. just curious. Perhaps. he wears glasses. He has a son. Lost his wife and daughter in a car accident about 10 years ago.
:( He was a nice guy and I don't have a beef with him personally.

LASERRAY
04-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I'm almost tempted to pay the $40.00
JESUS CHRIST RAY
you get burned everywhere you go, First the price of the boat , How would you know? I didn't get burned on my boat. :confused:

beyondhelpin
04-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Not exactly the same but when my house was being built I came out to the lot when they were surveying it. Looked at the surveyors print and it was 6" shy of the depth of the house on my print. The house would not fit on the lot at the size on my print. I had a contract. Called up the builder and he took an attitude with me and said he did not need this shit. Told me to come down and we would just tear up the contract. (Houses were being sold as fast as they could be built.)
Told this dickhead I had a contract for a certain hose on a certain lot and he apparently could not provide it. Told him to kiss my ass and I would give him an answer after my lawyer advised me. Hung up on him. 15 minutes later my phone is ringing and he apologizes and he will make it right. Quadruples the missing square footage and throws in a butt load of extras.
Funny he wanted to play hardball and I was the only one with a bat.
Laser you have the bat. Make use of it. Contract is a contract! Make him suffer instead of yourself.

LASERRAY
04-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by beyondhelpin
Not exactly the same but when my house was being built I came out to the lot when they were surveying it. Looked at the surveyors print and it was 6" shy of the depth of the house on my print. The house would not fit on the lot at the size on my print. I had a contract. Called up the builder and he took an attitude with me and said he did not need this shit. Told me to come down and we would just tear up the contract. (Houses were being sold as fast as they could be built.)
Told this dickhead I had a contract for a certain hose on a certain lot and he apparently could not provide it. Told him to kiss my ass and I would give him an answer after my lawyer advised me. Hung up on him. 15 minutes later my phone is ringing and he apologizes and he will make it right. Quadruples the missing square footage and throws in a butt load of extras.
Funny he wanted to play hardball and I was the only one with a bat.
Laser you have the bat. Make use of it. Contract is a contract! Make him suffer instead of yourself. Thanks, bro. I'm Contemplating.;) :cool:

Kilrtoy
04-19-2004, 11:03 PM
How would you know? I didn't get burned on my boat.
RELAX, Ray im playing with you........

bordsmnj
04-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Perhaps. he wears glasses. He has a son. Lost his wife and daughter in a car accident about 10 years ago.
:( He was a nice guy and I don't have a beef with him personally.
nope deffinantly not the same guy. the rick i knew would have been about 13 years old ten years ago.
hope this BS works out for yuh when all the smoke clears.

BUSTI
04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Lazer,
Many years ago this happened to me on a car contract. Yup the assholes sold it somebody else. like the advice you have recieved here already, an attorney friend of mine suggested that I go to the DMV. I did and they produced info proving the truck had been sold to some one else.
Since I was shopping for a specific model for work I found a different truck same model but at a much higher price. The same attorney helped me prpare my suit at small claims as I was damaged by having to buy a higher priced vehicle and since the DMV records showed that the person they sold it to paid top dollar for the truck I was clearly defrauded.
The judge awared me a judgemnt for my damages, time and effort that amounted to 1500 bucks! I later enforced the suit with interest 2 years later for around 2000 plus fees and my attorney leined their assetts and got his fees of 2500 dollars bringing the damages to over 4000 dollars!
The DMV later shut them down and the owner of the lot was prosecuted for selling stolen vehicles.
Boozer is right use the law and if what you are saying is accurate you will win. Or stop pay on the check and flame those cock roaches were ever you can!

LASERRAY
04-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Lazer,
Many years ago this happened to me on a car contract. Yup the assholes sold it somebody else. like the advice you have recieved here already, an attorney friend of mine suggested that I go to the DMV. I did and they produced info proving the truck had been sold to some one else.
Since I was shopping for a specific model for work I found a different truck same model but at a much higher price. The same attorney helped me prpare my suit at small claims as I was damaged by having to buy a higher priced vehicle and since the DMV records showed that the person they sold it to paid top dollar for the truck I was clearly defrauded.
The judge awared me a judgemnt for my damages, time and effort that amounted to 1500 bucks! I later enforced the suit with interest 2 years later for around 2000 plus fees and my attorney leined their assetts and got his fees of 2500 dollars bringing the damages to over 4000 dollars!
The DMV later shut them down and the owner of the lot was prosecuted for selling stolen vehicles.
Boozer is right use the law and if what you are saying is accurate you will win. Or stop pay on the check and flame those cock roaches were ever you can! :idea2: :idea2: :idea2:

RJ Nordic
04-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Hate to say it but let the lawyer deal with it. Doing it yourself just puts you at odds with a bunch of assholes on their turf.
DMV and courts will win out. Then you can sit back and count your money. Don't forget, after you have your better deal RV stop by Homedepot and get some day labors to walk the side walk in front of the lot on say a nice weekend.
This can have a marvilous effect on business.:D