PDA

View Full Version : camping/boating

MsDrmr
04-15-2004, 09:13 AM
our family loves to camp (the old fashiond way in tents) and boat. We live in Southern Ca. and would love to know of some lakes in the area that has good family spots. If yal know of anywhere, please let me know.
Thanks

jackpunx
04-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Buena vista

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Park Moabe (by needles) is our favorite, they book up about a year in advance now that they have hook ups, you want the pennisula sites.
Lake Naciamento is the glass e est lake I have ever seen, but there are a bunch of cows around the edge (the moooo kind, not a reflection on the type of people there) lol
Try to get a spot on the beach, we camped in the camping ground and were dismayed to discover one morning EVERYONE had camped in the over flow, which is the beach......we will do that next time.
Lake Powell, of course, if you are up to the challenge.
Cottonwood Cove has an RV park, but it is behind the motel and you don't have a view of the lake, really, but they have hookups
Have a GREAT SUMMER!!
:D

HOOTER SLED-
04-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Silverwood Lake. 10 min. off the 15 fwy at the top of the Cajon Pass(exit about 5 min. pass Glen Helen). Great campground, lake gets a little choppy.
Lake Perris. Near Moreno Valley.
etc..............

redneckgirl
04-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Lake Naciamento is the glass e est lake I have ever seen, but there are a bunch of cows around the edge (the moooo kind, not a reflection on the type of people there) lol
Try to get a spot on the beach, we camped in the camping ground and were dismayed to discover one morning EVERYONE had camped in the over flow, which is the beach......we will do that next time.
Naci isn't glassy anymore... to many wakeboard boats. You only get glass in the "early" mornings and "late" afternoon... It is still an awesome lake. We are locals, it is great to have a nice lake only 45 minutes from our house to on the water. :D :D
Deb if you guys come to Naci this summer let me know and we will try to hook up for a few cold ones and CC Cookies... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/311.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
RNG

OGShocker
04-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Elsinore!!! Just don't EVER... I mean EVER, touch the water...;)

JetBoatRich
04-15-2004, 09:32 AM
How far are you willing to drive, here are few we like:D no special order.
Lake Isabella, Buena Vista, Millerton, Pine Flats:cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Buena Vista, outside of Bakersfield is not. They have campsites right on the water.
Lake Silverwood, outside of Hespeira off of hwy 138. Spent many a weekend there as a kid growing up skiing and tubing. Lots of fun, can get crowded and windy inthe afternoon. No lakefront campsites but overall a decent palce to go. Or at least it was have not been back in years.
Shaver Lake, 45 miles North-East of Fresno off of hwy 168. Great lake int he Sierra Nevads. At ~5500 ft the water tends to be kind of cold but when it is 95 down the hill in Fresno it is 85 at Shaver. The lake, and the surrounding land, is owned by Southern California Edison, or is it Edison International now?. Anyway, Camp Edison is the campground on the lake and there are very nice facilties here. Spent two weeks every summer at this lake camping and skiing. Quite possibly one of my favorite lakes. Nowhere near the size of Havasu but is still a good sized lake with 13 miles of shoreline.
Hope this helps.

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by redneckgirl
Naci isn't glassy anymore... to many wakeboard boats. You only get glass in the "early" mornings and "late" afternoon... It is still an awesome lake. We are locals, it is great to have a nice lake only 45 minutes from our house to on the water. :D :D
Deb if you guys come to Naci this summer let me know and we will try to hook up for a few cold ones and CC Cookies... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/311.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008')
RNG
That is too bad, I have NEVER seen such glass, the whole lake, like it just ate up the wake and gave ya glass. My kids first got up on skis there. Maybe we will go there in October ( is it cold)
That is the only month left that we don't have a boat trip planned.
Would love to hook up for beer and cookies!!
how do you get the camping spots on the beach?

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Elsinore!!! Just don't EVER... I mean EVER, touch the water...;)
Is it worse than diaper soaked perris?
lol

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Buena Vista, outside of Bakersfield is not. They have campsites right on the water.
Lake Silverwood, outside of Hespeira off of hwy 138. Spent many a weekend there as a kid growing up skiing and tubing. Lots of fun, can get crowded and windy inthe afternoon. No lakefront campsites but overall a decent palce to go. Or at least it was have not been back in years.
Shaver Lake, 45 miles North-East of Fresno off of hwy 168. Great lake int he Sierra Nevads. At ~5500 ft the water tends to be kind of cold but when it is 95 down the hill in Fresno it is 85 at Shaver. The lake, and the surrounding land, is owned by Southern California Edison, or is it Edison International now?. Anyway, Camp Edison is the campground on the lake and there are very nice facilties here. Spent two weeks every summer at this lake camping and skiing. Quite possibly one of my favorite lakes. Nowhere near the size of Havasu but is still a good sized lake with 13 miles of shoreline.
Hope this helps.
Dude,
we think Silverwood is closed and drained...
:frown:

Outnumbered
04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
Silverwood Lake. 10 min. off the 15 fwy at the top of the Cajon Pass(exit about 5 min. pass Glen Helen). Great campground, lake gets a little choppy.
Lake Perris. Near Moreno Valley.
etc..............
Silverwood is closed due to fire/ash run-off polution in the lake and flood damage to the roads going in.
Paris is a sh@t hole. Drive to the river and camp in the spring or fall.
OL

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Dude,
we think Silverwood is closed and drained...
:frown:
I thought heard it was closed due to the fires of last Fall but had not heard anything about it being drained. If so, that's too bad. Might not have been the best lake but it certainly served a purpose and provided the locals with another boating destination that was within a hour or so drive from a ton of boaters.
We used to cruise up there on Friday afternoons when I was in college to use the Seadoos and there would be no one else on the lake yet, it was GREAT!

redneckgirl
04-15-2004, 09:49 AM
That is too bad, I have NEVER seen such glass, the whole lake, like it just ate up the wake and gave ya glass. My kids first got up on skis there. Maybe we will go there in October ( is it cold)
That is the only month left that we don't have a boat trip planned.
Would love to hook up for beer and cookies!!
how do you get the camping spots on the beach?
When was the last time you were there? October can still be warm, just depends on the year... we go out alot in Sept - Oct alot the crowds are gone and the water is better. It is like this March weather was awesome. About the camping on the water, I am not sure, we do not camp there since it is so close to our house... if we stay for the weekend we stay at our friends lakehouse at Oak Shores... :D :D
RNG

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
It was back when we had the camper, so I'm going to guess 97,98? I remember it was the end of our summer season and we had a fire at night, that was nice, after all that hot desert camping.
yeah, like I said it was weird, we got our camping spot, I think Thursday or Friday went out on the lake, woke up on the weekend and the beach was covered!! We're like, HEY we wanna camp there, I guess it is the overflow....

truksnboats
04-15-2004, 10:05 AM
My family and i have been going to lake Naciemento for many years and absolutely love it there. It is great for the tent camping. You also might want to try Lake San Antonio just over the mountain.