PDA

View Full Version : Be good to your skin (Kinda graphic)

Boozer
04-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Dont forget the sun screen on your next outting.
Boating is fun and relaxing in the sun is one of my favorite pass times but last time I seemed to neglect myself and not worry enough about sun screen. In fact I had the best tan of my life last summer. Unfortunately a tan is not all that I got.
This is the aftermath of Skin cancer (Wich they arent sure if they got all of so I may have to have more surgery) My neck took 31 stitches in all (12 inside 19 outside) and I had no range of motion in my neck for about 2 weeks. You should have seen me try to look out my window when driving. The cut was about 6" long hopefully chicks dig scars.
I took these the morning the stitches came out so it was already healed up pretty good.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/721DSC00117-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/721DSC00119-med.JPG

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 10:04 AM
How many scars do you have?
;)

Dr. Eagle
04-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
Dont forget the sun screen on your next outting.
Boating is fun and relaxing in the sun is one of my favorite pass times but last time I seemed to neglect myself and not worry enough about sun screen. In fact I had the best tan of my life last summer. Unfortunately a tan is not all that I got.
This is the aftermath of Skin cancer (Wich they arent sure if they got all of so I may have to have more surgery) My neck took 31 stitches in all (12 inside 19 outside) and I had no range of motion in my neck for about 2 weeks. You should have seen me try to look out my window when driving. The cut was about 6" long hopefully chicks dig scars.
I took these the morning the stitches came out so it was already healed up pretty good.
I have had a big chunk of the skin on my back removed because of a mole that was cancerous...
The divot was about the same size. It was on one shoulder blade and I had a hell of a time leaning forward for a while, kinda felt like I had a bow string on there.
That's why I wear 50 SPF sunscreen. Kinda like liquid T-shirt. And I also keep my shirt on all the time and the bimini up.
Oh yea, I have an appt. with the Dermatologist because I have another two suspicious moles that I will probably have removed.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Boozer but just be glad so far that is all you have and thanks for the heads up for the rest of us.. ;)

carbonmarine
04-15-2004, 10:07 AM
Hey !!
The best time to get sunblock on is right after you get out of the shower because your skin is a little damp and the stuff soaks right in and you can get plenty of it on no biggie....
I hate just applying it when you get on teh boat ,etc... feel like shit !!
My .02,
Rick32:cool:

JetBoatRich
04-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Glad to see you caught it in time:cool:

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 10:10 AM
Bull frog is my favorite sunscreen,
Hey don't worry about the scars, after they heal my sister can tatoo over them for you....
I have a lot of scars from my back fusion and there is this huge one on my back and my side. My husband says that guys dig scars (but I think he was just being nice) I wanted to get little daisys tattoed over the side scar and maybe ivy down my back.
You have to wait a year until the scar heals completely, and be sure to rub lotion on it after you get your stitches out (everyday)
After 2 years my scars aren't that noticeable....

FRENCHIE
04-15-2004, 10:23 AM
ouch looks like that hurt1 but i totally agree after you shower, skin soaks it up...good time to apply.

mikev
04-15-2004, 10:27 AM
yep scary stuff I had two of them removed from my back last winter the size of quarters hurt like a bitch because they were right on my sholder blades and rubbed on my shirt all day.

LASERRAY
04-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Be sure to use a "Physical" blocker such as "Zinc Oxide" or a "Chemical" blocker such as "Parsol". I prefer the Zinc Oxide because it works better and lasts longer than the Parsol. Parsol is fine if you don't have Zinc oxide, but you have to re-apply it every 15-30 minutes for optimum protection. Zinc Oxide leaves you a little pasty but works better then any other sunblock made. Re-apply the zinc oxide every 1-2 hours. I use Coppertone Spectre 3 spf 30, and spf 50 on the kids, but any quality brand will do as long as it has one of the two aforementioned ingredients. Anything else is a waste of money and time.:cool:

Tom Brown
04-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Sorry to see that, Boozer. :(
Please keep us posted.

Mandelon
04-15-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm counting on building up immunity. :rolleyes:

Blown 472
04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Kill tha sun.

Debbolas
04-15-2004, 03:13 PM
The sun is your friend
(sometimes)
;)

Dribble
04-15-2004, 04:28 PM
Well, so much for my trip to the nude beach.

Kilrtoy
04-15-2004, 04:37 PM
I'll probablt die of skin cancer,
I spend all day in the sun. Sun block only works for so long(SHORT)

Scream
04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dribble
Well, so much for my trip to the nude beach.
Nah, just remember the Zinc Oxide crap and coat your ENTIRE body with it. Don't worry, you won't stand out...