PDA

View Full Version : Pics of 21 foot Rayson Craft?

BUSTI
04-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Does anybody have any pics of the 21 foot Rayson Craft river cruiser used for speed skiing? Over the last two years or so there was a Red one for sale listed in Hot Boat. I am taliking v-drive only. It had a Blown BBC in it. Two brothers owned almost identical Red v-drive Rayson Crafts. One was built by Rudy(the former owner was a guy named Wally) and the other by the most recent, now defuct and in jail, owner of Rayson Craft.
Any info on these or any other 21 Rayson Crafts around would be appreciated.
PM me plz.
Thanks
Richard

Brodie
04-15-2004, 03:31 PM
i got some Sanger pics,,,,,
lemme know if you wanta see em

VD CRUISER
04-15-2004, 08:27 PM
What happened to the Rayson Craft dude? Is anyone making them now?

21rayson
04-15-2004, 09:34 PM
:confused: :confused: One was built by Rudy(the former owner was a guy named Wally) and the other by the most recent, now defuct and in jail, owner of Rayson Craft.( interested what you mean by that)

396_Z
04-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Currently RaysonCraft is being run by Ray De Fir. When I last spoke to him about 3 months ago he wasn't defunct or in jail.

superdave013
04-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 396_Z
Currently RaysonCraft is being run by Ray De Fir. When I last spoke to him about 3 months ago he wasn't defunct or in jail.
Well that guy uses the Rayson Craft name and I don't know all the details on that so I'll leave it alone. But the other Rayson Craft was run by Johnny Whitset (sp) and was located in the original Rayson Craft shop for a bit. (right across the alley from RD Dyno). Then they moved down the street to another one of Rudy's buildings that was right next door to Rudy's personal shop. Then they moved just around the corner on Main St in Gardena.
Johnny is now sitting tight for a bit. I don't know of all the details so I'll stay out of that. I did hear that Rudy got the molds for the v drive stuff back. And that's just hearsay so take it for what it's worth.

396_Z
04-15-2004, 11:33 PM
I don't claim to know much if anything Dave. All I can say is the guy is using the name and is doing boat work. I'm sure one of the PNW guys knows who he is and can set it straight.

superdave013
04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
He's legit as far as I know. And he has the flatbottom mold and a 21' cruiser mold. I don't think he has a 20' GN mold but he could. I've never heard anything bad about the guy. Sure he builds a nice boat.

Itsahobby
04-16-2004, 06:11 AM
Try www.raysoncraftboats.com.
Ray is a great guy. My 21 turned out real nice.
Hobby

Itsahobby
04-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Have to add to this. He is legit as they come. His shop is right
on his own property, next to his house. Ray does most of the
rigging himself and has been doing it for 45 years. My take on
on the molds is; Ray has the orginal 21 ft molds and a modified
verision. The modified version was made from a plug of the
orginal and he incorperated modifications he was making of the
old hull.
Ray also has a 18 ft. v bottom mold, but I think it is a jet mold.
He does have access to a flat bottom mold. I don't
know if that is through Rudy, or not.
Little spam: Ray has a 18 jet hull made as a vdrive forsale.
Really a nice boat for someone looking for a good
ski boat.
I have heard that Wilkes Marine has the 20 or 19 ft. GN molds,
but that is hear say.
Unlimited Marine has a flat bottom mold, but no longer lays them
up.
Hobby
Originally posted by superdave013
He's legit as far as I know. And he has the flatbottom mold and a 21' cruiser mold. I don't think he has a 20' GN mold but he could. I've never heard anything bad about the guy. Sure he builds a nice boat.

BUSTI
04-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Hobby,
I have spoken with Ray DeFir several times and he is a straight up guy who I think runs a great little business. But he is to far away for me. The pics that Ray has on his web site of the red River Cruiser...is that your boat? Looks sweet if it is.
Johnny Whitsett made several v-drive cruisers and what I am looking for is some body that can make me a cruiser, v-drive, out of his molds down here or buy a used one.
Any leads on a used one?

Itsahobby
04-16-2004, 11:01 AM
I think that is John Brittens(sp) boat. He has 2. One is a GN
racer called Major Trouble. Last I heard it was forsale. His
other one is a famliy daycruiser with a outrages custom paint
job. There is also a 18 flatbottom, Ray built, in John's family.
I think it's used in the SS class.
Done Flippen, here on the board, had his forsale. Don't
know if it still is. It was a 21 with a blown BBC. You might try
PMing him. I think this one was built by Rudy. Maybe one of the
last 21's he built.
Hobby
Originally posted by BUSTI
Hobby,
I have spoken with Ray DeFir several times and he is a straight up guy who I think runs a great little business. But he is to far away for me. The pics that Ray has on his web site of the red River Cruiser...is that your boat? Looks sweet if it is.
Johnny Whitsett made several v-drive cruisers and what I am looking for is some body that can make me a cruiser, v-drive, out of his molds down here or buy a used one.
Any leads on a used one?

Sleek-Jet
04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by BUSTI
Hobby,
Any leads on a used one?
There has been one listed off and on on Boat Trader, it was in So Cal if I remember correctly. I tried to call on it a few times and never got an awnser.