PDA

View Full Version : I'm missin Apache Lake

AZKC
04-15-2004, 12:00 PM
Getting close to getting the boat all put back together and get back on the water. I need an Apache fix and a bust loose party with the Hill People:cool: Doghouse you game;) and of course anyone else that wants to chill in the hills:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25apache.jpg

DogHouse
04-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AZKC
Doghouse you game;)
Yip, ya know I is reel tight wit dem hill peeple! :eek:
I'll be a few more weeks until my stuff is back together again. Isky is sending me another set of lifters, springs, and refinished cam after my last "incident" back in March.
Was just out there last Saturday for a wedding. Good friend got married in the big cove between Burnt Corral and Waterdog. Had the beach all decked out with awnings, tables, decorations, and a ton of food and booze. Guests were shuttled in on boats, even had a little custom built floating dock. It was quite the event and a really cool way to do a wedding.
I'm sure we'll do plenty more Apache trips this summer. We'll hook up with ya soon.
:cool:

AdrenelineOD
04-15-2004, 03:14 PM
I`ve never been there. want to go that is why I have a boat. where is it ?

AZKC
04-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Yip, ya know I is reel tight wit dem hill peeple! :eek:
I'll be a few more weeks until my stuff is back together again. Isky is sending me another set of lifters, springs, and refinished cam after my last "incident" back in March.
Was just out there last Saturday for a wedding. Good friend got married in the big cove between Burnt Corral and Waterdog. Had the beach all decked out with awnings, tables, decorations, and a ton of food and booze. Guests were shuttled in on boats, even had a little custom built floating dock. It was quite the event and a really cool way to do a wedding.
I'm sure we'll do plenty more Apache trips this summer. We'll hook up with ya soon.
Thats one of the nicer coves, we hang there on the weekdays and do beach starts kneeboards and skis. Roosevelts fillin up also should be interesting. I'll let ya know when I head up there :)

AZKC
04-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
I`ve never been there. want to go that is why I have a boat. where is it ?
Bit of a drive but well worth it for ya. East of Phoenix about 1-1 1/2 hours.
Here's a link to their website. Lake camping is a cool way to go or rent a room for a few nights and enjoy the A/C.
Apache Lake, AZ (http://www.apachelake.com/)
Its an adventure every trip:D

AZKC
04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Doghouse I believe that cove is known by Pine Creek or Sandy Cove in my group. Once when the water was up we took my jet up the creek quite a ways. About 18'' of water when we tried to turn around. Like I said allways a story to tell :cool:

XTRM22
04-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Some of my best lake trips were spent with beach spots at Burnt Corral! Sorry to admit, as the boats got bigger and more expensive, that dirt road was to much to take. Plus with the droughts you have to get there on like Tuesday morning to get a good spot at Burnt Corral. I'll never forget the sundown drag races though, my little 56mph Galaxie I/O put down a lot of "80mph " jets (no offense AZKC):D . The Boat now lives in Havasu and I go visit it as often as I can.
Chuck

AZKC
04-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Chuck, the lakes are fillin up nice this year maybe a Roosevelt trip for ya in the late Summer. Remember your roots:D

full throttle
04-15-2004, 08:50 PM
I'm game for a roosevelt trip/party. I hear the waters go'in up, and I have not been there in a few years. As for Apache, love the lake (as long as it's not green) but you can keep the road. Too many years of beat'in my truck & boat to death. I'll take Parker anytime over that place.

HotRod Sprint
04-15-2004, 09:37 PM
KC, Squirtcha? and a few others have been talking about an Apache trip for a couple of months now. Sometime in July. Am planning on attending myself, just don't know if the finances will allow it.
Rod

mavjet
04-16-2004, 12:07 AM
I was up on Roosevelt Tuesday and it is looking good.Water is rising about 3' every 24 hours.Still some driftwood floating around by the Marina,but just in spots.Still some nice camping areas at Bermuda Flat. Pic was taken on the East side of there. Lake is at 35% right now.Don't let that number scare,SRP is going off the new dam height(1993),if you go off the old dam height,it's about 50 to 60 %.

Sleek-Jet
04-16-2004, 04:37 AM
Somebody get a rope. :D

full throttle
04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
My bud that keeps his boat @ Roosevelt said that there are now 2 - 56' house boats that can be rented for $200 a night for use as a hotel type dealio. It stays moored out @ the marina, and has something like 8 queen beds on it. Not a bad deal for a group of people.

AZKC
04-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by mavjet
I was up on Roosevelt Tuesday and it is looking good.Water is rising about 3' every 24 hours.Still some driftwood floating around by the Marina,but just in spots.Still some nice camping areas at Bermuda Flat. Pic was taken on the East side of there. Lake is at 35% right now.Don't let that number scare,SRP is going off the new dam height(1993),if you go off the old dam height,it's about 50 to 60 %.
Ya know I saw that pic yesterday and was "dam that looks like someplace I'd been"
The boats running as of now now.... just fixin up the seats that some clown ripped me off on a couple of years ago. If all goes well a day trip to Roosevelt next weekend is a maybe. I'll let you guys know.

AZKC
04-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
Somebody get a rope. :D
Careful there lil Mr., :p You may jinx it into trying to trick me that its going to stay together for more than it normally does, which is not very long:yuk:

AZKC
04-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by full throttle
My bud that keeps his boat @ Roosevelt said that there are now 2 - 56' house boats that can be rented for $200 a night for use as a hotel type dealio. It stays moored out @ the marina, and has something like 8 queen beds on it. Not a bad deal for a group of people.
Take one of those out during Monsoons, I'll bet that would be some fun :eek: :eek!:

Craig
04-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I wanna go too :D :D Been to Roosevelt once and just to the shore of Apache (no boat at that time:( ) I'd love to make a weekend trip to either! When you camp there, do you leave the boats in the water or pull them at night due to lake level flucuation?

AZKC
04-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Its all according to where ya camp. I usually put it back on the trailer just for piece of mind. Hot setup is the hotel at Apache and slammin beers at the Big Horny Saloon and a big breakfast at the cafe the next morning.:cool:
Sounds like we may have a little bash on our hands:D

H20bug
04-16-2004, 04:52 PM
I'd be down for a get together, ya'all wouldnt mind being seen with a wacka would ya?...... Craig do you, know mike with the 35' motion w/triples?.... I think I met you back a few... does anyone have info or a web page with camping info?
:D jeeeeezzzzzzzze, I live here, and have never been any where else but pleasant, I know pathetic huh?:yuk:

Sleek-Jet
04-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Careful there lil Mr., :p You may jinx it into trying to trick me that its going to stay together for more than it normally does, which is not very long:yuk:
Well the Sleek craft is going to make the move down here the first of next month, and I'm not making any guarantee's on that motor either. :D

DogHouse
04-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by H20bug
I'd be down for a get together, ya'all wouldnt mind being seen with a wacka would ya?......
Well, ok, as long as it's not faster than us! :D
Hot tip on camping is out on the lake. There are a lot of nice spots with good shade and nice flat areas to setup camp. You do have to anchor the boats though because there isn't any good beach sand to pull up on. Burnt Corral has a nice campground if that's more your style.
-brian

Kilrtoy
04-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Where is that pic at

Craig
04-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by H20bug
I'd be down for a get together, ya'all wouldnt mind being seen with a wacka would ya?...... Craig do you, know mike with the 35' motion w/triples?.... I think I met you back a few... does anyone have info or a web page with camping info?
:D jeeeeezzzzzzzze, I live here, and have never been any where else but pleasant, I know pathetic huh?:yuk:
We can handle a couple of clamp-ons :) Yup, I know Mike :D What boat did you have when we met?

pleasantcat
04-17-2004, 07:10 AM
ya know, i've never been to apache due to the road stories i've been told. and roosevelt/saguaro i haven't been in 15years or so.pleasant is way to close for me i guess, but i'ld be in on a group trip.

AdrenelineOD
04-17-2004, 07:46 AM
How the crouds there? My ol lady wants to go looks beautiful. (I`m from back east)

AZKC
04-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Where is that pic at
This pic is from Apache Lake in AZ
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25apache.jpg
This is at Roosevelt, which is the lake that feeds Apache
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25mavjet___Roosevelt.jpg

AZKC
04-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by AdrenelineOD
How the crouds there? My ol lady wants to go looks beautiful. (I`m from back east)
Apache is a small lake about 17 miles from end to end(dam to dam) The weekends can have a bit of a crowded feeliing sometimes buton the weekdays its great. There is a "Party Cove " that gets a bit crazy at times .
Roosevelt has been realitively quite over the last couple of years cause it was almost empty. But as the water fills it up, it will be pretty cool with lots of new lake to explore since they raised the dam 75' :D

AZKC
04-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Was cking out lake levels and such and noticed that Roosevelt has a few more acre feet available than Pleasant. I allways thought Pleasant was bigger than thate:confused:
AZ Lake Levels Link (http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.html)

mavjet
04-18-2004, 04:12 PM
I also talked to Game&Fish at Roosevelt,and the officer told me that now they have yearly camping permits for 90.00$.It starts from the time you buy it.It's a sticker that goes on the windshield,and is good for all the Lakes.Depending on how much you go, it may be worth it .Truck and boat is 6.00$ now,15 days is 90.00$ so if you go more than that,it's a good deal.
Just to let you know........

AZKC
04-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Thats a good deal if you go a few times a year:cool:

Sleek-Jet
04-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Right question, wrong board. Check over at Doug's. :D

AZKC
04-19-2004, 03:36 PM
What was the question and where at HD's is it? or are you just out of it at 3:30am

Sleek-Jet
04-19-2004, 05:17 PM
What was the question and where at HD's is it? or are you just out of it at 3:30am
Are you going up for the entire weekend or just the day? In the Havasu 4/17 thread. Yes. :D

AZKC
04-19-2004, 06:27 PM
One day only leave early am back around dark, barring any of the typical crap I go thru then it turns into a focking Greek tragedy :D