PDA

View Full Version : Bbsp

jackpunx
04-15-2004, 12:44 PM
So..Is anyone really going to go?.. I know the heatwave is the same weekend.. IÂ’m excited about that and going to watch it for sure.. I remember everyone talking so much Sh*t about the BBSP that they had to move to Bench Racers.. We'll Looks like most of them are still bench racers and are not really going to the bbsp..
WhatÂ’s the deal? I need to know if Im going to run low or fill my tanks up..
:D

RiverToysJas
04-15-2004, 12:47 PM
I plan to cruise through, but I need exact directions.... :confused:
RTJas :D

jackpunx
04-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Ive never been there.. but from what I know.. its accross from the little sandbar just before the right turn going towards the big sandbar.. There is better directions in the Bench Racers section

79 HUSTLER
04-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Directions are easy, follow the water to the left then turn right at the tree then go left, down the steep hill. At the bottom of the hill there is a light turn right. Go straight till you see the bridge then all the boats will be on the right hand side. Got it - good.
:D :D :D
Just follow jackpunx and be careful coming in as some idiots like to fly through all the reeds... And yeah Mark there should be a few peeps out there. There was a lot of people in needles last week talking about going that had some serious hardware. KELLY

jackpunx
04-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Just b4 blankenship bend, on the AZ side... look for the 2 stroke smoke Be careful on the way in, it gets a bit shallow in spots.
what day? and time?.. Im going to watch the first two cards on sat morning then I'll go over.
Kelly,
Did you fix your boat?.. Do you need a lift?

79 HUSTLER
04-15-2004, 01:14 PM
These guys were talking about saturday and I have not heard anyone saying anything about friday-but thats not saying much.
Got my drive back together last friday, met the guy in parker at midnite, put it on and headed home at 6 in the morn. So I will have my boat, thanks for the offer-really app. it. I am leaving a 5 to go play with it all weekend :) I'll meet up with you next weekend. KELLY

eliminatedsprinter
04-15-2004, 02:34 PM
It should be some fun.:cool:

Danhercules
04-15-2004, 02:47 PM
I heard the good races are gonna be Friday.
I am gonna try to go, but i will just be puttin in the motor that Thurs. I dont know if I will make it.
I was told there are some really fast boats there.

mirvin
04-15-2004, 04:03 PM
What if I got a small block. Am I still invited to come out and spank all ya'lls?
mirvin:D

CrazyHippy
04-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Bring it out Mirvin. It's as much a social event as it is a racing event.
BJH:cool:

randy77zt
04-15-2004, 05:42 PM
i will be there.the heavy hitters are racing friday morning.but its not just about outboards.its kind of a street race for boats.so it doesnt matter what kind of boat you have.if want to put a jet assist rockit engine on a kayak some body will race you.its a fun type of thing.so just show up some how.

Boatmaster
04-16-2004, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the pics Randy, nice to see the old red boat front and center. We have about ten boats coming from Nor Cal should be fun. From what I heard Friday is the the day for the fast boats to play and saturday is all about the party!!!

izquik72
04-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Call me Nieve but what does the SP mean in BBSP? Also who is invited to this event? where is it located at can you get in there with a prop boat? Sounds like something I would like to spectate as I am heading to Havasu Fri Apr. 23 at 5:30 a.m.

jackpunx
04-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by izquik72
Call me Nieve but what does the SP mean in BBSP? Also who is invited to this event? where is it located at can you get in there with a prop boat? Sounds like something I would like to spectate as I am heading to Havasu Fri Apr. 23 at 5:30 a.m.
Well its called the big block spanking party... From what I understand.. you should be fine with a prop boat.. I have one.. But be careful. just follow someone in and keep your eyes on the ground:D .. the directions are on this post.. Between the river mouth and the big sandbar.. there is a little sandbar on the left if your going north.. I think thatÂ’s where a lot of people will be hanging.. its just across from that in the reeds.. Someone correct me if Im wrong.. Ive never actually been. Look forward to seeing you there.. I think Im going to leave thurs night.. so that I can be there to watch the big boyz run on fri...

Boatmaster
04-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Everyone is welcome, this an event put on by Havasu Barney every year. Just friendly racing with a great crowd. Great show well worth showing up, even in a car motor boat :D !

jackpunx
04-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Are these directions correct?

Boatmaster
04-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Not hard to find just stay right when you hit the mouth of the river. Thats where all the smoke will be coming from.:D

jackpunx
04-16-2004, 12:28 PM
OH.. Ive done that once. (on accident). it was really shallow.. hhhhmmm

TOBTEK
04-16-2004, 01:24 PM
I will be there Fri and Sat.......:D could be fun!

HalletDave
04-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Boatmaster
Everyone is welcome, this an event put on by Havasu Barney every year. Just friendly racing with a great crowd. Great show well worth showing up, even in a car motor boat :D !
Is Barney out on parole?:confused: :D

h2oski2fast
04-16-2004, 02:55 PM
It easy to find. Go past the first set of bouys and look for the river to spit off to the right at a slight angle, follow the river and you'll see everyone on the right. It's at a place called speed alley.

izquik72
04-19-2004, 08:12 AM
Is it better to show up Earlier on Friday or later? Also Is the place where you drive into is that the same "Speed alley" the boats will be running in? Just don't want to be upsetting people. When I come idling in the shallow parts and the other boats are getting it on.

CrazyHippy
04-19-2004, 08:49 AM
You have to cross "Speed Alley" to get to the beach, so dont come flying in. and it gets shallow if you head straight at the beach on your way in, keep your eyes open and you'll be fine.
BJH:p

FastTimmy
04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
sounds like a god time. I will be out there thursday night. I thnk I will show for the show on friday.
Let me get this straight and please correct me if I'm wrong.
Going Up river from havasu go PAST the no ski bouys and when the main river goes left we go right and up into speed ally!
Cruis across the race track and park on the beach?
Timmy

H20 Party Starter
04-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Check out the map STV keith put in this thread:) I'll see you there:cool:
http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2406

FastTimmy
04-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Got the map thanks guys...