PDA

View Full Version : Drive Shower?

Ivan Dan
04-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I have a 496HO with an XR drive and external hydraulic steering and I was wondering about installing a drive shower. Anyone have any feedback? Is this a good idea?
Thanks!

paradigm shift
04-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I would not run without one. Yes highly reccomended IMHO. Several designs out there. Everyone has there personal best choice. It will help your drive oil temp stay cool.
Are you getting any calcium or chaulk like build up on the top of your drive?

Ivan Dan
04-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by paradigm shift
Are you getting any calcium or chaulk like build up on the top of your drive?
Not yet anyways....it only has 9 hours on it so far though. Why? What does that mean? Its getting too hot?
I really thought it would be a good idea but I just wanted to make sure.

Kachina26
04-16-2004, 05:43 AM
Means it 's gonna look ugly. That white build up happens from the drive case getting warm (which is normal) and then dunking it in cold water when you come off of a plane. My last boat had hundreds of hours without one and had no problems, but that may be an anecdotal story. This has already been hashed out here recently, do a search on it. Opinions will vary, I for one have one, came with the boat. If it hadn't came with one I would have bought one.

rivercrazy
04-16-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm also a believer in drive showers. It cannot hurt to keep the upper gear case cooler. I take really long runs in my ride and don't have any water deposit buildup on my drive.