PDA

View Full Version : boat alarm systems

markt111
04-16-2004, 06:39 AM
anyone installed one on there boat? how well do they work? many false alarms? want to install one on a 30' center console, what is the best setup? deck sensors, radar?

Jetdriver
04-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Try a big ****ing dog!

ROZ
04-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by markt111
anyone installed one on there boat? how well do they work? many false alarms? want to install one on a 30' center console, what is the best setup? deck sensors, radar?
PM HavasuHangin' . he installed a security system in the boat....

FRENCHIE
04-16-2004, 09:23 AM
protected by ..." DOBERMAN!":D

Havasu Hangin'
04-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Yep...ole HH paid someone $3/hour to install an alarm in the ole Tugboat.
I used a 2 zone motion sensor (like you'd use for a covertible) and mounted it near the centerline (on a seat base). Ignition kill, flashing lights, valet switch (for when you valet park your boat), siren w/remote...the works.
Works great. However, you'll quickly learn how many cats are climbing on your boat in the middle of the night.
It's nice for keeping vagrants from Parker out of your boat while it's parked in a hotel parking lot, or beached at the Nautical.

Kilrtoy
04-17-2004, 01:51 AM
PM HavasuHangin' . he installed a security system in the boat....
HH
Stop lying you put a radar in, to the rear
and
a Laser detector to the front.;) :eek: :D

riverbound
04-17-2004, 08:05 AM
We have installed a couple I even did one with remote start once.

AdrenelineOD
04-17-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
Try a big ****ing dog! Thats just what i was thinking. Had my boat parked at night on the streets in Brooklyn before we go to the lake. I`d let them get there hair all over the thing all night. They made people cross the street looking at them. This is my Manhattan apt.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1425lastscan-med.jpg :D

markt111
04-19-2004, 07:30 AM
appreciate the replies ans actually the sarcasm too! the boat is a 30' scarab center console with some expensive electronics I don't want to take in and out, I leave it at a marina which is pretty secure but two years ago there were a couple incidents with a couple junkies stealing electronics and you always have peoples kids looking for alchohol, so it's just to simplify my nlife and ease my mind, hate to have someone tear things apart trying to get electronics out, rather spend a couple hundred on an alarm

ROZ
04-19-2004, 09:16 AM
You could always rig the boat to blow incase of unlawfull entry :D

Drunk tank
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I have one on mine... its kinda like them buttons ya press when ya go through customs in mexico to determin whether you get your bag searched or not. Cept with mine, everytime you turn the key its kinda like "Will is start?" even then, I'd have time to run down and go bonzai on someone trying to start it... takes at least 4 tries before ya get lucky.... kinda like dating and women

al cole'holic
04-19-2004, 11:31 AM
...protected by AAA :D

HM
04-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
You could always rig the boat to blow incase of unlawfull entry :D
Blow Jack? :D